Three

Heimwee ( /ˈɦɛi̯mʋeː/ ) Pt.2

The party is not really crowded but Irene is totally did a great job for this one. Yeri is her star just like how Irene promised her earlier, everyone is paying attention to her. She already did a few interviews and taking a few pictures for social media buzz. She doesn't use one but other guests and journalists are using it.

 

"Where is your boyfriend?"


Irene is really annoying, looks like she already inviting a few of guests using Jungkook's name, and she's becoming anxious when he's still not here.

 

"I have no idea." Yeri lift her shoulder and leaving her .
 


"Oh, your mother is here."

 

Jay is the one who let her know about Mrs. Kim when few people start surrounding the entrance, few journalists are taking pictures.

 

"I don't know my mom is popular."


It does looks funny to Yeri when her mom who's not really famous was surrounded by people, she looks totally happy and enjoying it.

 

"it's not your mom. It's him."

 

She takes a glance to Jay who looks as surprised as she is when Jeon Jungkook is holding her mother on his arms, he's escorting her through the sea of people.

 

"Wow, this is great. I don't know he's close with your family already."

 

Jay is takes a few step back from Yeri when he realized that things is not good for her, she's angry, scared, and confused.

 

***

 

"And who is this, Mr. Jeon?"

 

Yeri is leaving the scene when Jungkook and her mother is finally enter the venue, her eyes met with Jungkook's and she knows what he's doing right now. That petty revenge.

 

"It's Mrs. Kim Eunji.."

 

"We know who she is, her restaurant franchise is famous..but.."

 

Jungkook can see Yeri is leaving the scene from the corner of his eyes. It's been weeks since the last time he saw her and everything still feels like yesterday. The way she looks at him, the look on her eyes, everything.

 

"Mr. Jeon will handling a promotion for our newest released menu."

 

Everyone is following what Mrs. Kim said and finally leaving them alone after few minutes of chit chat. Looks like everyone is interested in Jungkook because of his relationship with Yeri not about his business venture, They keep asking him about her. Even though Jungkook is ignoring the question and not giving any answer, they just won’t stop.

 

"Thank you for coming, Mr. Jeon."


Jungkook is bowing his head lightly when Irene come to him and offering her hands.

 

"Where is my daughter?" His attention distracting by Mrs. Kim who's looking for Yeri, asking Irene about her.

 

"She must be here, somewhere.. How can you gain yourself a date for this event Mrs. Kim?"


Irene can't help but teasing her about this because this is really fascinating. She know things is not good between Yeri and Jungkook, but then here's her own mother, hands to hands with the boyfriend looking friendly and stuffs.

 

"This is not a date, i feel like i'm with my son."

 

Jungkook lost his smile hearing this conversation, it's completely uncomfortable. He only give Irene and Mrs. Kim a quick smile while drinking all his drink in one shot. He walks away from them and entering the crowded party, there are few networking he can build through this one, but nothing interest him anymore.

 

He ended up standing at empty corner of the hall where Yeri is coming to him. It's his first time hearing her voice after such a long time.

 

"Is it my mother now? your target?"

 

"What target?"


He turn his face to her and honestly, Yeri still looks like home. She's still offering comfort even though what's happening between them right now is a complete mess.

 

"I can't talk with you here." He can see her eyes becoming wary when few people notice their encounter.

 

"I have nothing to talk with you."

 

"I have a lot." Yeri is purposefully walking while bumping to Jungkook's shoulder and grab his hand really quick.

 

Holding him again after such a long time still makes her heart race, this is something that her logic can't even control.
She's opening a door to an empty room and tossed Jungkook's hand when there's no one else around them.

 

"Do you know why i'm not seeking a revenge even though, we both clearly know that my brother's death is your sister's fault?"


She’s opening the conversation with a really rude manner. She's purposefully acting like this to hide her rest of affection for Jungkook.

 

"I understand that your hard life leading you to this. Greedy for money and power just because a rich family do things to your life.. It's not my brother fault that he has money when your sister don't.."

 

"Come..on, you're better than this.."


She stopped her talk immediately when Jungkook come closer to her and laughing at her.

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"You know exactly why a revenge is necessary for me, If you think my sister is the one who caused your family crumbling, then it's the same thing for me too."

 

He stopped in front of her, and he can see those eyes from Yeri, eyes that he found on his nightmare..the doe eyes fulls with uncertainty and fears.

 

"Alright, do it. Let's see how far you can go..how trashy you are and how evil you are as person."

 

"I won't do anything to you if you asked me not to. You know..For all the things we've done.."

 

Yeri can feels her eyes start getting warm with her own tears when Jungkook give her a kiss on her cheeks. She takes a few steps back from him, because this is just scary. He's really a jerk just like what Jimin told her.

 

"You told me everything is a lie"

 

Jungkook knows Yeri's existence is doing nothing good to him, he just act like he's brave and own all the control, when in fact he also as scared as her, as hurting as her by every words she said, things she did.

 

"Just be careful. I'm serious when i said that i have nothing to lose to act crazy."


He can not do anything when Yeri is dashing out from the room without looking back whatsoever.


 



 

Jungkook's pent house is really giving unfriendly vibe when Lea finally entering it. She got a call earlier from Mr. Lee, Jungkook's personal driver..he told her that her boss abandoned his car at the party venue just like that. Someone call Mr. Lee because he put his name card on the dashboard.

 

"Mr. Jeon? Are you here?"


Lea is really worried, no lie, she really is concerned about Jungkook's well being. She is aware things is not good for him, mostly caused by his love life. It's obvious.

 

"Mr. Jeon?" She's turning on all the lights but Jungkook is still not seen.

 

Lea is starting to panic when she realized that this is already past midnight, the party is over since hours ago. Jungkook doesn't pick up his call and he's also not in the office or with Jimin.
 

She knows really well that Jungkook is an adult and he probably somewhere spending and enjoying his times with people she doesn't know.
It's just the image of him, bleeding, crying and hurting from few weeks ago lead her to doing this. She can not help but thinking that Jungkook needs someone else to be around him right now.


 

"He's not here."


Lea is taking her phone from her bag and try to reach someone. She has no choice. She's waiting for quite a long time before her call finally picked.

 

"Kim Yeri-ssi!"


Her voice came out shaking and a little bit excited because she's thankful Yeri is picking up her call at late night like this.
 


"..oh..yes.."
 


"I'm so sorry for calling you at time like this."

 

Yeri lift her head and take a glance to her clock on her table, it's almost dawn. She's been crying and drinking alone on her dining room for few hours. She doesn't realized that.

 

"...right..what is..it?"

 

Lea can heard, Yeri has a thin voice, things is probably not good for her too.

 

"It's Lea." She can hear a little chuckles from her. She's drunk.

 

"I know who you are.."

 

Yeri is talking, while pouring another glass of wine for her to drink.

 

"uh..do you know where i can find Mr. Jeon?"

 

Lea put her phone on speaker mode because she's also busy searching for a few namecards on her agenda, maybe she can ask few other peoples too.
 


"Kim Yeri-ssi?"

 

Lea's voice is really friendly and she ask her in such a careful tone, the way she called her name is soft too. Yeri is suspecting that Lea probably aware about what is going on between her and Jungkook right now. And she feels bad for her.

 

"...i think you should know that better than me."

 

"Excuse me?"
 

Yeri knows she's not completely sober right now, it's better for her to end the phone call but she’s crazy enough to talk to Lea, mumbling stupid words and sentences.

 

"..you're his secretary..and i was just..his tools.."

 

Lea was going to say something to Yeri when she heard the door opened and now Jungkook is here, he look surprised to see her here, but he even more taken aback when Yeri's voice still heard from her phone.

 

"..Your boss is only using me for his benefit. I am nothing more than an idiot for him..I'm really disappointed that you don't talk to me about how cruel he.."

 

Jungkook is really angry hearing all of words Yeri said while being drunk like this. He takes Lea's phone from her hand and throwing it away to the wall. It's scattered, dead, ruined.

 

"I'll buy you a new one."


Well, it's technically a company's phone not her personal phone, he doesn't need to buy a new one, because it’s his asset anyway.. But still..this is not good. Lea is scared, she hides her shaking hand behind her back when Jungkook is leaving her, he walks to his office right away. What is going on.. Since when he's here? and what's wrong with Kim Yeri?
 

Jungkook slam his office door and standing in front of it. He doesn't even know why he's so angry hearing what Yeri said to Lea. He’s just so disappointed. If there's someone in this world who he treat as a human being, someone who he's genuinely care, Yeri is the only person. He never thiought about using her as a tool.

 

"Mr. Jeon.."


He heard a knock on his door, and closing his eyes before opening it and find Lea who totally unprepared to deal with this side of him. He feels bad, because she doesn't deserve this. He has no right to involve her in such a messy situation.

 

"Are you ok?"


He thought Lea will ask him about her phone or something, but turns out that she's asking about his condition. She totally looks worried more than anything.

 

"I'm fine. You can go, right now."


He give her a smile to makes her feels better. But Lea won't budge from her position.

 

"I don't want to be rude but.."

 

"You’re being rude right now Lea. I told you to leave ."

 

Lea move from the door when Jungkook is out from his office and start leaving her, he walks fast to his room at the 2nd floor.

 

"You know your way out."


He talks in unfriendly way before he slammed the door of his room, it makes her speechless.


She knows from the first time she learned about Jungkook and Yeri, things won't end good if something happened to their relationship. Even though she doesn't know Yeri well, she knows Jungkook. It'll be hard for anyone to involve in a relationship with him. Even for someone like Yeri who looks strong and firm. It's hard to accept and deal with Jungkook just the way he is.
 

 



 

 

"Unnie! Are you ok?"

 

Yeri gets up from her sit and give Bona a sign to help her up. She doesn't think her condition is good now.

 

"Do you need something?"

 

"I just need sleep."


She enter her room with Bona on her side, helping her laying down on the bed, she put the blanket all over her and left the room as Yeri close her eyes. She's so getting used with seeing Jungkook before she fell asleep and this is a little bit different, when others is tucking her to bed. She miss him.

 

"Not good. Totally heartbroken."

 

Bona talk to Jay when he finally entering the apartment with tons of Yeri's newest clothes from sponsor.

 

"Is she breaking up with him? But i saw them together last night."

 

Jay is sure about seeing Jungkook and Yeri at the party last night, they're talking to each other, well..maybe not with affections or romantic gaze like usual, but they're still close. It's kinda baffled him that Yeri is breaking up with her boyfriend so easily, when she's always happy since her encounter with him.

 

"I don't know, but this is a new thing. We never saw her like this, not even when her movie failed on the market. She's like the strongest person i know."

 

Bona is really concerned, Yeri is her role model for being mentally strong on things like this. She never gives up, hard working, and really good at positioning herself in society. She's really strong minded and independent, so seeing her like this over a failed relationship making her feels bad.

Men is everywhere and Yeri is more than capable to choose anyone she wants without hardship, they’ll come to her without thinking. She's gorgeous, rich, famous, popular, everything about her is perfect if they can handle her temper. She really is a good person, innocent and pure, if they give her a chance, they'll know . So why she puts down her value in front of a guy like Jungkook. This is totally weird.

 

"Maybe it's karma? You know how she always selfishly declaring herself about being immune to cliche thing like love.."

 

"Don't say that! She's suffering. It's serious this time, Jay."

 

Bona is right, Jay never see Yeri drinking all night and getting drunk no matter how heavy her problem is. She led a healthy lifestyle. And watching how messy she is right now, maybe it really is serious this time.

 



 

"What's wrong today?"

 

Lea drop a pen she's holding when Minchae talk to her and suddenly showed up in front of her.

 

"Nothing."

 

"Don't lie. I know you've been staring at our boss for one whole day.. is he harassing you or getting mad at you over something?"

 

Lea is not answering or denying what Minchae said because it's true that Jungkook was mad at her last night, and he doesn't ask her for anything since this morning. He ignores her. It makes her feels bad, because Jungkook usually get angry in such an open way, he get mad, not sulking, but this time is different.

 

"I dont..know.."

 

Minchae looks confused with her answer but left her right away when intercom on Lea's desk is on, It's Jungkook, he's finally calling her over.

 

"Yes, sir."


Lea stand on her feet really quick and Minchae told her good luck. She needs it even though she doesn't know for what.
 

She feels nervous somehow, standing in front of Jungkook after last night, not to mention what happened last month, when he injured himself and crying in front of her.

Something is happening to him, Yeri is probably one of the reason and also that one old man named Kim Seokjin.

 

"Take this as a replacement."


Jungkook pull out something from one of his drawer, it's a newest release mobile phone from the brand he ruined last night.

 

"Right. Thank you, Sir." It's not her private phone, so accepting it more like a job.

 

Jungkook is looking at her and let out a sigh before he's back on focusing to his work. He's wearing his glasses, and totally looks immersed with his job, but Lea know he has something to say to her.

 

"What is it?" So she asked him.

 

"Nothing."

 

"If there's anything that makes you uncomfortable, i think you should tell me, i'm working for you after all."

 

It's her first time to actually talking back to him and demanding something. She doesn't like it that he act indifferent towards her just because she knows his secret or watching him cry. Jungkook give her a glance and now put aside his paperwork. He looks surprised with the way she act but still manage to contain his calm. He's not angry or anything.

 

"No more Kim Yeri. Can you do that?"

 

Jungkook speak very carefully in a really deep and low voice. It's obvious for Lea that he doesn't want anyone else to hear what he said.

 

"Don't call her, don't talk to her, don't involve with her.."

 

"Are you breaking up with her?"

 

Lea can't help but asking him the question with so much curiosity. She's already suspecting it but she want a concrete answer from Jungkook.

 

"It's obvious, right?"

 

She's receiving a question from Jungkook instead of an answer. Even though it is obvious, just like what he said. She just doesn't want to admit that a single person, Kim Yeri, could ruin Jungkook like this. So she ended up giving him a fake smile while nodding her head.


Her boss is the devil, everybody hates him and disliking him, so many people trying to ruin him with so many way possible, cheated and tricked by business partners, betrayed by his own employees, hated and treated really bad is part of his life.
 

But she never saw him breaking down like how she saw him for the past few weeks. He's becoming neglected his well being too often, he's becoming more evil than before, he's hurting himself, care less about his surrounding and keep working non stop, she even saw him cry. For Lea it's weird that Jungkook and his defense was defeated by a woman like Yeri.

 

"And about the expedition company that i asked you to learn about..give me all the information."

 

Lea was assigned by Jungkook to learn and seeking information about this private expedition company, a famous one, and huge. He didn't tell her his reasoning, and she's not really curious about it either. He usually give her random job.

 

"I'll send it to you."

 

Jungkook told Lea to leave after they're done with the conversations, all the things he said to Lea is basically something that he wants to hide.

About Yeri, his relationship, his plan for a revenge, everything is too burdensome and making him tired to keep everything for himself, so he decide to talk with Lea about it.

 


 

 

"It's a bad idea." Bona is sitting on the car next to Jay who really is crazy by suggesting this.

 

"We're just waiting for a chance, a coincidence. It's not like.. we're coming to him."
 

Bona is ignoring what he said, and focusing her attention to an office building in front of her. Looking good, she heard how Jungkook is such a successful businessman but she never actually expecting that he has this much success.

 

"It's her private life, what kind of manager doing this, Jay..we're crazy."

 

"I'm not actually fond of Kim Yeri like you, but i do feel sorry for her. For the past few years she's just..you know. A person without soul."

 

Bona giving Jay a smile because he sounds genuinely care for Yeri, they've been know her for years and he's the one who always having a hard time spending time with Yeri. He hated her so much at the beginning of their journey together.

 

"oh? I know her."
 

She's lowering her window when she found a familiar face walking out from the office, with a ponytail and neat appearance.

 

"She's Jeon Jungkook's secretary. I know her too, what was her name?"

 

"Go after him, Jay!"

 

"Why me?"

 

"Oh come on, you said you feel sorry for Yeri Unnie."


 

Jay is rolling his eyes to Bona, as he's out from the car while wearing his hat, the girl from earlier is walking really fast, like she's late or something she does giving him hard time for catching up.

 

 

***

 

"Here's your order."



Lea is not really happy doing this errand, because she lost a game with Minchae and some of her co-worker. She's still busy dealing with her thoughts about Jungkook and now she need to do this.
 


"I'll pay for that."


She's really taken aback when someone standing next to her suddenly and pay for her orders. She recognized him, she's not sure but she knows this guy has something to do with Kim Yeri, she saw him for a few times, while she's working on that cf project.

 

"It's not for me." She’s using her hands to stopped the guy giving some money to the cashier and he looks surprised.

 

Jay is doing nothing while watching Lea takes her order and walk away from him.

 

"I know you." She talks to him while walking very fast, trying to avoid him.

 

"Is your boss around?" Jay choose to be blunt and ask her the question right away.

 

"Even if he is, you can't easily see him."

 

"I don't have plan to see him, just let me ask you one question."

 

Lea stopped her walk when Jay hold her arms but letting it go right away when she glare at him.

 

"Is he ok though?"


He's asking the question very carefully and Lea knows exactly what he means.

 

"Who are you again, sorry?"

 

"I'm Kim Yeri's manager, we met a few times before."

 

Lea remember now.

 

"I was given an order by Mr. Jeon to not engage on all things about Kim yeri anymore, so.. sorry, i can't give you an answer."

 

"Are you serious?"

 

Lea knows, this will probably came out as weird and not normal for Jay, but she can not betray Jungkook. And beside Yeri has done enough damage on his life, she doesn't want him to deal with more pain.

 

"Can i go now?"

 

With her reactions, Jay knows something is going on with Jungkook too. Something really wrong, Why would he told his secretary to stay away from Yeri?

 

"No, You can't. Let's talk about this first."

 

He stand in front of Lea and blocking her way, so she can not go anywhere. She looks annoyed now.

 

"I need to go back to work." She pushed him away with her hands and avoiding him in a quick movement.

 

"Your boss is ruining her life." But she stopped when Jay talks to her near screaming.

 

"That was a one sided opinion."


She looks at him and judged him really hard, what he said sounds like a total bull for her, as if Jungkook is doing fine right now.

 

"Then what's your side saying about this?"

 

From her reaction, Jay can see that, this girl is totally disliking the whole situation.

 

"Just tell her to stop bothering Mr. Jeon. He doesn't deserve all of this mess."

 

Jay is running out of words while watching Lea turn her back and out from the coffee shop. More or less, he can read the situation from her.

 

***

 

"How was it?" Bona is bombarding Jay with questions when he finally sit on the car.

 

"That girl is so annoying."


For Bona, Lea is always came out as a pretty and hard working girl. She's her favorite out of from Jungkook's staff. Back when they're working on a project together, Lea will find time to check on Yeri and helping her staffs, she's friendly too. So, it's a little bit weird when Jay call her annoying.

 

"I don't know what is going on, but i'm sure Jeon Jungkook is in a bad situation too. His secretary even threaten Yeri Noona to not bother him anymore."

 

"Well..at least we know Yeri unnie is not the only one who gets hurt. I'll probably feels bad if that's what happened. She never get hurts."