Seventeen

Heimwee ( /ˈɦɛi̯mʋeː/ ) Pt.2

"Your parents let him staying over for a night? With you?"

 

Irene is the one who pick Yeri up today, she told her about the dinner invitation from Jihoon and she's suggesting her to prepare for it a little bit, just in case he actually has a party with people from the industry. His reputation as a PD and rich people is quite good.

 

"He just got back this morning."

 

"Oh, that was cool. I don't know your parents are so open minded like that."

 

"They're not. I beg them and they already know him for a long time."

 

“How?"

 

“It’s just kind of happened.”

 

Irene nodding her head driving her car, entering one famous boutique, they're here to choose a dress.

 

"Don't you think it's too much? It's probably just a simple dinner."

 

"Looking good is not a sin."

 

Well, she is right, and she's a celebrity, coming out prepared in public is a good point for people like her.

 

***

 

"So what kind of dinner is this?"

 

Jungkook is driving his car with tons of question from Jimin along the way. They just finished a long hour meeting for the franchise restaurant project.

 

"Not sure, i'm guessing it has something to do with Lee Jihoon plan to humiliate us in front of his uncle and all the board director."

 

"Why?"

 

"He texted me about this dinner last week, he said it's just between me and him, i said no, and few days later, we had him sending a formal dinner party invitation which we can not ignore because all the director would be there."

 

Jimin is listening to Jungkook's words while chuckling, Jihoon is really not changing at all.

 

"Did we do something that makes him pissed off?"

 

"Not sure."

 

Jungkook is finally arrived at a grande and famous hotel, the same place where the travel agency project launched almost a year ago.

He walks side by side with Jimin and get escorted to the highest floor. They arrive and they already saw a few familiar faces here, mostly from Jihoon’s uncle office. All those old men.

 

"It's not as big as my expectation."

 

Jimin is right, they only use a medium separate room for the dinner party. Everyone was seated in a huge round table. Jungkook and Jimin start talking to people they know right away, Jihoon is still nowhere to be found.

 

***

 

"You looked great."

 

Yeri is not responding to what Jihoon said because this is really stupid. It's practically a date, and people will talk if they're aware that she is here with him.

 

"I'm not doing this because i wanted to. You threatened me."

 

"I didn't. You're just feeling obligated to do what i want because you're scared i'll expose you."

 

He's not waiting for her to walk and Yeri can't deny his accusation too, he is right, completely.

 

"What kind of party is it?"

 

"It's my uncle's. I need a reason to get away from it fast and you're the only option i have."

 

Yeri is watching the elevator monitor as it's coming up really fast. It takes them a few seconds to finally reach the top floor.

 

"I need to talk to you after this."

 

Yeri is walking closer to Jihoon afraid if he'll pretend to not hear what she's saying.

 

"Is it serious?"

 

"Of course it is."

 

She's laughing at him because she just dumbfounded with the way he treat her.

 

"I'll be back in a minute."

 

Jungkook is waving his hand to one of his former client, Jihoon's friend. He left his phone on his car and on his way to get it back.

Take a quick ride on this elevator to the basement and his work would be done. It's easy, it is supposed to be really easy, except that everything turns into a nightmare when the elevator door opened.

 

Yeri is there, right in front of his eyes, talking with Jihoon, laughing together with him and that's a really disgusting sight for him. He could care less about her going on a date with another man, but this is more like his enemies planning something to ruin him behind his back, together.

 

Jihoon is the one who notice his existence first, there's a smile on his face and he offers him his hand almost immediately. It's natural, and he doesn't looks care about how ridiculous the situation is.

It takes a few seconds later for Yeri to finally learned about the situation. She’s reacting completely different from Jihoon, she's petrified, shocked, surprised.

 

"I'm glad you came, Mr. Jeon."

 

Yeri really want to cry when she realized that this whole thing is a whole mess, she never expecting Jungkook to be here. She even feels more disappointed when Jungkook is clearly not happy, he’s angry and he's not afraid to show it, he tossed Ji Hoon's hand as he walked inside the elevator and standing next to her.

 

"What are you doing? You’re here as my guest!"

 

Jihoon is being rude and talks to her with a higher tone, no respect at all, it’s clear for her that what Jungkook did to him is also enough to pissing him off.

Yeri is looking at Jungkook still hoping that he will see her or save her from Jihoon and this stupid party but he's doing nothing.

 

"Aren't you coming out?"

 

That's what he said to her without sparing a glance, Yeri shakes her head quick and Jihoon is also not happy with what she's doing. The door closed automatically and now there's only her and Jungkook.

 

"I can explain."

 

She's holding his hand really quick, hoping for him to give her a chance to explain.

 

"He was asking me out as a friend and.."

 

"You owe me nothing, Kim Yeri-ssi."

 

Yeri stopped talking right away, Jungkook is totally mad, he speak very clear and there are lots of disappointment on his tone, she clearly know that her chance to appeal is no longer there, he already done with his judgment regarding the situation between Ji hoon and her.

And with that only, she already feels hurt, tears already fulfilled her eyes ready to drying out in no time. She can't even say anything when the elevator ride is finished and Jungkook is out from it really quick.

 

Yeri decide to call Jay and asking him to picking her up, because this is a mess, she's already crying and there's no way Jungkook will take her in right now. Going back upstairs is not her choice either. She decide to wait in a coffee shop near the lobby. Hiding. Crying. Being stupid.

 

***

 

"Where were you?"

 

Jungkook is bombarded by questions from Jimin when he finally back to the party. Jihoon is right in the center of the table, talking with few peoples. His eyes are searching for Yeri but she's not here anymore.

 

"Lee Jihoon was looking for you."

 

Jimin is totally dumbfounded when Jungkook is getting up from his sit out of nowhere.

 

"Mr. Lee, are you looking for me? Let's have some talk."

 

It's not a forum, but he's calling Jihoon over like they're in some kind of a cheap playground.

 

Everyone's eyes are focusing to Jungkook, all the board director from Sky, Jihoon's uncle, every single person in this room.

Jimin thinks he's crazy.

 

"Sure."

 

Both of them are out from the room, and the only thing Jimin can do right now is praying for things to not ended up as a mess like usual.

 

"Kim Yeri-ssi? Where is she?"

 

Jihoon is purposefully asking about Yeri first because that's the only way to makes Jungkook even more triggered.

 

"What about her? Since when you know each other?"

 

"I told her to talk about this to you, so you won't misunderstand.."

 

Jihoon is a little bit surprised when Jungkook start grabbing him by his collar, this is happened before. Long way back to an ancient time.

They were young and drunk so it was quite a predictable come out, but right now. Jungkook is completely out of his mind.

 

"I ask, you provide me answer. That's the rule, it’s always been like that."

 

Jihoon pushed his hand away and he feels like Jungkook is still not changed after all this year, he's always looking down at him.

 

"You're still behaving like a trash. No wonder she get sick of you real fast."

 

Jihoon is pushing Jungkook away and talk to him while being rude. He's fixing his shirt but Jungkook is totally crazy and start hitting him with a punch right on his face. It's ridiculous, so he kick him on his stomach and people start surrounding them.

 

"Since when you became so weak like this, Jungkook-ah?"

 

He kick him twice and one staff is holding him when Jungkook is already down on the floor. His eyes are catching a bunch of familiar's face coming to him. Jimin, his uncle, all his guests.

 

"We'll call the police."

 

Jimin is rushing to help Jungkook up, he kinda expecting this but it's still surprising to see how stupid Jungkook for doing this. Sky is not in a good condition, the only thing he can do is protected it, instead of making it harder for everyone.

 

"I don't want any words about this. Mr. Jeon come with me, you too Lee Jihoon."

 

Jimin is honestly helpless, when Mr. Lee is looking furious and he has no choice but to let Jungkook go to follow him. Things won't end good, back then Jungkook and Jihoon need to stay at the police station before Mr. Lee bailing them out.

They were drunk and young back then, so of course, they got away from it easily, but right now.. He’s not sure.

***

"Are you both a kid?"

 

Jungkook is doing nothing but holding his stomach, Jihoon get him right on his surgery wound, it's hurt really bad and embarrassing.

 

"You know how we are, Jungkook and me just doing this for fun."

 

Jungkook is taking a few steps back when Jihoon got slapped by his uncle, twice.

 

"You're tangled with my name. I don't want to get associated with a thug. Your image and reputation are good because i made it like that."

 

Jihoon is holding his cheeks, blood is coming out from his lips, well, it's already swollen since Jungkook punched him earlier but the wound is getting worse after Mr. Lee is hitting him.

 

"You're such a disregard for our family, your father shouldn't have died and left me with a piece of trash like you."

 

That's totally harsh, Jungkook can see that Jihoon is not liking the situation. He clenched his fist really hard, he's hurting, angry, disappointed, sad.

 

"I'm sorry, Mr. Lee, I.."

 

"Jungkook-ah, I always preferred you over Jihoon for so many years. Do you know why?"

 

Mr. Lee is patting his shoulder while saying it and Jungkook is actually uncomfortable with this, he doesn't want to know too much regarding their family problem. He doesn't want to feels bad to Jihoon because turns out that his life was a hell too. He even had it worse than him because he is tortured by a living person, by his own family.

 

"You're a trash but a smart one. While, he..is dumb. He keeps coming out with stupid business idea, he doesn't know how to get ambitious, and.."

 

Mr. Lee is stop talking when Jihoon decide to left the room without saying a word. Jungkook is watching his back, and he's wondering if Yeri ever know about this part of his life. He's getting anxious suddenly with the thoughts of her being a friend with him because she knows about his pitiful life. She will care for Jihoon sincerely because of that.

 

"That's quite a scene, You know that your position is not safe right now.”

 

"You said it yourself, I'm a trash but i'm a smart one, You don't need to worry. Mr. Lee, i know how to protect my firm."

 

He left the room after saying that, and turns out that everything is enough to makes him rethink about why Jihoon and Yeri is having a connection. They resent him, they were hurt by him. He decide to go back to his car instead of back to the chaotic party.

He walks very slowly, and he stopped when he saw Jay escorting Yeri from the coffee shop at the lobby, she cried and he actually doesn't know how to deal with her after this.

 



 

 

"Where are you going? Home?"

 

Yeri is using her phone, she's already trying to call Jungkook for a dozen times for the past 30 minutes, nothing get through it.

 

"Jungkook Oppa's place. Take me there."

 

Jay doesn't want to comment on her wish anymore. If she needs her boyfriend then the best choice is to give her what she want.

She really looks like a mess, she's groaning in frustration everytime she failed to makes a call. She's even cursing herself, calling herself stupid and crying.

 

"If you're going to see him, i recommend you to change your clothes and fix your makeup or something."

 

Yeri is listening him really well, he change her clothes at the back of the van while Jay is waiting outside. They already arrived at Jungkook's apartment and Jay is once again, fascinated by him, Yeri, and the way they're doing their relationship.

 

"You can go."

 

She's finally out, wearing a snapback, a black sweater and a scarf. She already fix her makeup, no more tears on her eyes.

 

"Call me if you need anything."

 

She's not saying anything but nodding her head and start walking to the lobby, he watched him from afar, till Yeri is no longer seen.

 

Yeri walk very slowly while sometimes staring at her phone, it's not like she's expecting thing better than this when she thinks about what if Jungkook aware about her and Jihoon. She knows he'll get really mad.

She takes times before knocking Jungkook's door but there's no response, either he's still not home or just simply ignoring her. Calling him in this situation is like a repeated useless effort. It'll be easier for her if Lea is still working for him, so she can ask her about it, but the situation is different right now.

She's already close with giving up when an hour passed by without any news from Jungkook, none of her call is going through and this door is still not opened.

She decide to wait more while keep pressing the doorbell, she get tired after awhile and decide to sit in front of his door, thinking about what she should do in this situation. She doesn't want to lose Jungkook again, especially not like this.

***

Jungkook is seriously thinking about going back when he found Yeri is sitting in front of his door, she's looking down while hugging her knee, she totally looks exhausted. He doesn't know what to do when Yeri notice his existence and gets up right away when their eyes met.

 

"I was waiting for you." She said it quick, there are tons of relieve from the tone of her talk.

 

He walk passed by her without looking at her or saying anything and Yeri is not talking to him any further, she's just standing there, waiting for him to put his password and following him inside. He tossed his jacket to the floor and she's picking it up.

 

Yeri can see that Jungkook has a trace of blood on his hand and his shirt. He looks like a mess, even messier than her. She watched him taking a bottle of beer from the fridge while staring at her with the most sarcastic smile he ever give her for the past year.

 

"What is your plan exactly? am i too dumb to notice or you're just great on hiding it?"

 

He said it quick and takes a shot of his beer while walking closer to her.

 

"I can't explain anything to you, if you already made your own conclusion."

 

She stare at his white shirts, his stomach is wounding, but he doesn't seems care.

 

"Just how many times you see him behind my back?"

 

"I have my reasons."

 

"What reasons? Because you can relate to him? Are you still seeking for a revenge?"

 

"I'm not. My dream was so full of you being tortured by my family. You who were crying and living your life like hell because my family killed your sister, why would i want to do a revenge when i know that your life were a mess because we didn't come to save you."

 

She ended up crying and talk to him while holding his arms, he's avoiding it and Yeri is doing nothing but covering her face. Jungkook won't listen to anything she said, he's angry and trying to explaining things to him is completely useless right now.

 

"A clean conclusion. I'll give you that."

 

He's taking a sit in one of his sofa and looking down while give Yeri this one sad look. He's not actually angry or mad, he is just tired. This is the first time for him to actually feels like this, exhausted and completely tired.

 

"I made a mistake."

 

"No, you've done nothing wrong."

 

Yeri is a little bit taken aback when Jungkook talk with so much more compassion, he's becoming calmer.

 

"From the beginning until today, your brother, your dad, everything you did to me and to my sister. I'm going to forget and forgive everything. So if you had plan to ruined me even more with the help of Jihoon, i'm begging you to stop. I want to put an end on everything."

 

That's totally surprising for Yeri, the way he talks about it is already enough to making her feels totally devastated and what he said is totally bothering her.

 

"You're misunderstand."

 

"Just.. Let me go!"

 

She's becoming quiet right away when Jungkook talks to her while screaming, he's no longer looking fine. There are tears on his eyes, he's crying. He's trying hard to hide his tears but he failed.

She never see him like this so it's really not good for her too, she doesn't know how to console him because she is the reason why Jungkook is hurting right now. He asked her to let him go, he's begging for it.

 

“Let me go, Yeri-ya.. i want to stop. It'll be better if we live our life without holding into our past anymore. A clean ending. You and your family owe me nothing right now."

 

"And what about me? Are you really thinking my life without you would be better?"

 

"I don't even know if you're real or not. I wonder if you're just doing this because you want to gain something from me and my weakness.”

 

Jungkook remember what Jimin and Lea said about Yeri, he's already trying hard to not get caught with those words but now everything seems clear. She's the reason why he kept having the nightmare and the weird dreams, she is the reason to why he can not out from the loop of guilts about Seokjin and Sooyoung's death. She is his weakness.

Yeri is giving him a smile while wiping her tears, she’s totally dumbfounded with what he said, she is not happy at all.

 

"You're not serious."

 

She talks to him while shaking her head on disbelief, she's trying to walk closer to him but stopped when Jungkook is avoiding her by taking a few steps back.

 

"I already told you, I'm seriously tired. Please."

 

He meant it, he totally meant it when he said he's tired. He's wiping his tears while talk to Yeri with no energy, a trace of blood on his shirt is becoming more clear, it's probably came out from his post-surgery wound.

 

The look on his eyes are soft and gloomy and Yeri has no heart to making it harder for Jungkook, he's just going to get hurt more if she keep doing this. But granting his wish is also not something she’s capable to do, being away from Jungkook means taking away the only part of her life that she cherished. She can’t do that, not in this circumstances when he is angry and disappointed on her.

 

"And i also told you before..i'll do anything to get you back."

 

"Kim Yeri!"

 

"I don't care if you're throwing me away or decide to run away from me.. But i don’t want to let you go."

 

Jungkook is totally speechless when Yeri leave him and out from the door really quick.

 

***

 

Yeri is reached the lobby with so much tears, she's busy trying to call someone while keep holding her tears because people start to notice her existence.

 

"Lea?"

 

Lea is totally dumbfounded when she find Yeri is the one who speak to her. She should've save her number so she can ignore her.

 

"Yeri-ssi?"

 

"I need you to come here right now..Jungkook-ssi's apartments."

 

"I'm so sorry, but i'm no longer work for him."

 

"I'm asking you as his friend not as a secretary."

 

Lea can heard that Yeri is rushing, panicking, and she probably crying. It's totally not helping, she's becoming worried about Jungkook right now.

 

"I'll be there."

 

Lea is taking a taxi to go there, and she really is surprised when Yeri is waiting for her right at the lobby with a bunch of plastic bag. She give her a bow but Yeri is dragging her instead.

 

"I bought this at the pharmacy so it's probably not complete."

 

"What is it?"

 

"He..Jungkook-ssi, i think his surgery wound was badly damaged tonight, he is bleeding, and.."

 

"Yeri-ssi!"

 

Lea is calling her name with loud voice and higher tone, she looks surprised but her eyes start to teary again. Things must be a complete mess for her.

 

"Fix him for me. Please."

 

Lea can't not accept that kind of request, it's not easy for her too. She's still can not deal with her own feeling about Jungkook and Yeri is basically using her affection from him for her own benefit. This is ridiculous.

 

She really want to confronting Yeri about it, but judging from her reports, Jungkook's condition is probably not good. So she grab all the stuffs Yeri handling her and running to the elevator with Yeri following her close behind.

 

"I'll probably need to take him back to hospital."

 

"Call me if that's happened and thanks a lot, Lea."

Yeri is giving her a pat on her shoulder before she takes the elevator and left her behind.

 

It's been weeks, since Lea saw  Jungkook, she really miss him. She's already get used with his existence on her daily life, doing things for him, making sure that he's having everything he needs, so when he suddenly gone, she feels empty, like a huge part of her life was gone, and to stand in front of his door like this again is totally nerve wracking. She takes a deep breath before pressed the doorbell.

 

She pressed it twice and it's finally opened.

 

Jeon Jungkook, as a complete mess. she's focusing her eyes to his stomach because that's what Yeri told her, and she is right, a trace of blood is quite visible in there.

 

"Lea?"

 

Surprised, shocked. That's what Jungkook feels right now. He never thought that Lea will be here again after she left him in such a miserable way.

 

"Mr. Jeon..i..i'm visiting you."

 

It's probably part of her who's in love with Jungkook, but Lea doesn't want him to know that Yeri is the one who send her here. She doesn't want to talk about her to Jungkook at all.

 

"Ah..really?"

 

"I was walking around here.."

 

"What is it?"

 

Jungkook is pointing his finger to the plastic bag she carried.

 

"I bought this on my way here, it's for my supplies at home."

 

Jungkook is not responding to her but start holding his stomach, the pain is finally here. Because of Yeri, he's not really pay any attention to this but, the pain is here now. Jihoon got him good.

 

"Mr. Jeon, are you ok?"

 

He let Lea holding his hand and taking him inside while making him sit on his couch.

 

Lea is running to the kitchen and taking a cup of warm water for Jungkook, and she realized that his bleeding is becoming worse.

 

"It's probably your surgery wound. Let me see it."

 

"Lea, do you think i'm stupid?"

 

Jungkook is opening his shirt quick and talking to her as she examining his wound, she's quite surprised with what he said so she ignores him.

 

She watch his wound closely, the stitches were opened in a few spot, The surgery was already happened for a month or so, but to actually having this kind of wound, something is definitely happened to him.

 

"Did you got into an accident or something?"

 

She's roaming around the stuffs that Yeri bought earlier and she's quite surprised because Yeri is basically provide her everything in sufficient amount. She's good, she cares.

 

"I'm not stupid, Lea."

 

"I never thinking like that."

 

She start treating his wound carefully, and Jungkook is definitely aware about how bad it is, he's holding his pain.

 

"Kim Yeri called you."

 

Lea lift her face to Jungkook because she's basically get caught lying and she feels bad about it.

 

"I'm sorry, Mr. Jeon."

 

"I'm not weak, Lea. It's just her that is too strong so i became like this.”

 

Lea feels totally hurt hearing this. He is aware about her feeling for him so why did he told her this? it doesn't makes sense.

 

"Why did you tell me this?"

 

“I lied to you, i was completely under her control, and i want it to stop."

 



 

 

"I’m here for Mr. Lee Jihoon."

 

Going to TV station not for work is totally a new thing for Yeri, she usually let everything handled by Jay or Bona, she just need to follow their instructions, so to actually coming here alone, it's confusing for her.

 

"His office is on 5th floor, you can just go in there."

 

She's receiving a guest id card and follow the instruction right away. She already called Jihoon about wanting to meet him and he told her to come here. She has so many things to talk about with him.

She reached the fifth floor and it's honestly not hard to locate Jihoon, each program has their own office, and she can easily find the program Jihoon directed in front of the huge meeting room. It has a placard on its door.

 

She came inside, only to find a dark surrounding, no one is here, the office is basically not operating.

The only bright room, is room where Jihoon is staying. He's still on his attire from earlier, his face is wounded, Jungkook was fighting him earlier. It's obvious, she's becoming more guilty and scared when she finally realized.

Yeri knocking on his door and Jihoon is finally notice her presence, he totally looks mad, he's taking a glance at her and throw an ice bag he used before to a trash can near where she stands. Surprising and scary.

 

"You did it on purpose."

 

"You ran away."

 

"You used me to pissing Jungkook off, that's such a jerk move."

 

Jihoon gets up from his sit and walking closer to Yeri, he's standing right in front of her and give her a smirk.

 

"He work for my uncle and i invited everyone, he was on the list."

 

Yeri is not believing him at all. She already suspicious when Jihoon told her to dressed up, she thought he'll be exposing what she did to Tron on that party, she never thought that he has plan to bothers Jungkook, she should've learn about what kind of problem they had with each other.

 

"I don't care, but i don't want you to hurt him."

 

"You had a deal with me."

 

"I promised you a friendship, i never agree about you hurting my boyfriend."

 

Jihoon is laughing and Yeri totally can not grasp the situation at all.

 

"Are you dumb? You're the one who's hurting him.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“You ruined his firm, you agree to be friends with me because you're afraid you'll lose your extravagant life as a celebrity, Jeon Jungkook got jealous and he's hurting because of you. Why are you throwing the blame at me?"

 

Yeri knows that she feels bad just  because Jihoon is totally right about it. She just doesn't want to admit.

 

"You are his weakness, Kim Yeri. I always thought that he has none but there’s you."

 

Yeri is having a hard time to actually understand what Jihoon said even though at some point she realized that Jungkook is definitely not his old self anymore since he met her. She always thought that he's becoming more human instead of weaker.

 

She decide to not responding anything Jihoon said to her and ready to leave but he hold her arms.

 

"You still had a deal with me. You know i'm capable at makin Jeon Jungkook suffers. It's worked really well, tonight, right?"

 

"I'm already risking everything to talk to you right now. You can do whatever you want."

 

She pulls her hand from him harshly. She's already risking everything to let Lea taking care of Jungkook while she's trying to deal with the source of problem, she thought it was Jihoon but turns out that the problem is her. Jungkook never care about Jihoon or what he did, it was her that he cares about. What she said and what she did.

 

"Really? Am i allowed to ruined Jungkook even more? I have everything ready, his firm, you, his friends."

 

She can't believe this. Jihoon is really evil, she has tears on her eyes when she finally able to let herself go from his grip. She left him right away.

 

Yeri is basically losing her mind right now, she's back to Jungkook's place and trying to find him. She already done with all the civilized way to see him, she tried to call Lea and Jungkook, none of them picked up their phone. She already pressed the doorbell for a few times but this door won't budge. She's ended up knocking the door fast and hard while crying, this is so exhausting.

She's finally breaking down and kicking the door when she realized that everything is useless right now.

She's sitting on the floor while looking at her phone when someone is approaching her, it's the security from downstairs, she's familiar with him, he's the one who went to hospital with her when Jungkook collapsed few months ago.

 

"Mr. Jeon, He's out with Miss Lea ."

 

"Where?"

 

Yeri gets up really quick and walking really fast to the lobby where the security shakes his head. He doesn't know.