S I X

Heimwee ( /ˈɦɛi̯mʋeː/ ) Pt.2

 

Yeri is standing in front of huge reception table, a lobby of a huge building, her dad’s office. She’s never been here since forever. When she was a kid, before the building got huge and the company only used 3 floors of this building she used to came here with Seokjin. He received an early training as employee here. And now when he’s gone and her dad becoming more successful, using 8 floors as his own office..everything feels so different and unfamiliar.

 

“May i help you, miss?” Yeri is wearing a glasses and let her hair covering most of her face, afraid people will recognized her.

 

“What should i do if i want to see Mr. Kim of CNA holding?”

 

“CNA holding ’s front office is on the 25th floor, you can use the elevator and they’ll let you know.”

 

“Thank you.”

 

Of course, it’ll be easier for Yeri to just call her dad and asking him to pick her up, or maybe bring the conversation at home. But it’s not  her choice right now. Her relationship with him is still bitter, so to suddenly called him and interacting with him is uncomfortable, meanwhile at home.. there’s her mother.

Mrs. Kim is not good at taking the news about Jungkook. Yeri can’t handle her. She told her that the least thing she can do is to care for him because Sooyoung’s death is her responsibility. It’s just a total opposite with what Yeri wanted to do. She has plan and the only one who can help her is Mr. Kim. Jungkook wanted a war, and she’ll gave it to him. He can called Seokjin as a coward but she’s nothing like that.

 

“25th floor.”

 

Yeri is arriving in a floor which actually empty and not crowded, there’s only one huge table in the lobby. One person is standing in there and give her a smile.

 

“Your father is already waiting for you.” She’s blinking her eyes and got confused when the tall girl is talking to her even though she’s still not saying anything.

 

“Someone will you, and this is the security card for you to access..”

 

“Wait a minute..”

 

“Mr. Kim already knew you’re going to see him, Miss.”

 

It’s possible for her father to do that, of course. Yeri stop asking question when a man came out from the elevator, told her to follow him and she did. He pushed the 30th floor button and Yeri is doing nothing but watching him carefully, he’s so familiar, probably one of his father minion who’s following her when she’s still Jungkook’s girlfriend.

 

“After you.”

They finally arrived and he let Yeri out first, the 30th floor is another level glamorous. It’s so different with what she saw earlier. A huge glass door is welcoming her, and she gave the man her access card because the door can only opened with that one.

 

“What is this place?”

 

It’s a strange place, huge, expensive, shiny, elegant, dark, and it’s just whole new level for Yeri, she never saw something like this before.

 

“Mr. Kim’s office. You can wait here, and he’ll be seeing you in a minute.”

 

She can not say anything when her , out from the door after giving back her access card. She’s looking around and it’s honestly hurt for Yeri to see all of this. She never knew her dad could expand his company and making so much money, even after Seokjin is gone, while for her.. his death is striking her really bad, she could barely functioning as a human after that incident.

 

“You should call first if you have plan to come here. Everyone is surprised.”

 

She saw Mr. Kim out from one of the room, with his suit and told her to sit in a huge sofa. She already lost him as a father, the only thing she can see from him is just another old man whose greed is greater than anything else.

 

“Isn’t it a little bit too much? What you have, your money, your assets, compared to your status as a parent who killed his own son?”

 

Yeri can not help it. She knows that for the past decade her dad is already doing what he can to makes things better for her. He already said sorry for thousands times. He care about Seokjin and he loved him as his son. He regretting what happened, and she’s aware that thing is also not easy for him. But this is just...not making any sense.

 

“We’re not going to do this here..”

 

“Alright, fine. I’m here to ask your professional help anyway.”

 

Mr. Kim is intrigued with what his daughter said and tell her to speak more clear. She’s coming here is already shocking, and what kind of help he can gave her when for the past 15 years she refused every help he wants to offers.
 

“I want to know about your plan..”

 

“What plan?”

 

Mr. Kim is drinking his coffee while flipping a few paperwork from his desk.

 

“Jeon Jungkook.”

 

He stopped right away, when that name finally came up to their conversation.

 

“I won’t do anything. I already warned him..”

 

“It’s useless, he is not someone who will just listen to your words like his sister. You know what he did.”

 

Yeri is really emotional, she’s angry, sad, disappointed and blinded by hates. This is not what Mr. Kim wanted. He always hoping that one day she’ll accept him again as her parents. Asking him for a help or just simply coming here to spend time with him. And right now, when she’s here, asking him for a help, willing to have conversation with him but the only thing she want to do is ruining other people’s life. Jungkook’s life.

 

“He paid journalists to leak all those news report, he paid them to lied about me and trying to taint my name. I know what he did.”

 

“He planned a revenge for you.”

 

“I know.”

 

“He’s using my brother.”

 

Mr. Kim can see a slight tears on Yeri’s eyes when she talked about Seokjin. And as for Jungkook.. there’s not a day when he’s being  unwary about his existence. Since he received his money back from 15 years old Jungkook few years ago. He always know that he’s probably something that even more broken than Kim Yeri.

 

“You just need to stay away from him.. I’ll take care of it.”

 

“Why? Because you thought he’s stronger than me?”

 

“Yes, he is. I was so scared that he’d do something bad to you because of my mistake.”

 

Yeri is not doing anything but staring at the floor while trying hard to hold her tears.

 

“Just let it go, let him go.”

 

“You should do that since the beginning, you should do that for his sister too, Let her go. But you didn’t. And everything gone south because of your greed. “

 

Yeri takes her bag and give her father a deep stare, so he can realized how much she blamed him for what is happening, between her and Jungkook.

 

“Right now, helping me taking him down is the least you can do to pay for your mistake.”

 

And at that moment Mr. Kim realized the biggest mistake he made from 15 years ago is not Seokjin or Sooyoung’s death. It was him creating two monsters and let them rot in a painful past.


 





 

“I heard you put lots of good work, Mr. Jeon.”

 

Jungkook is holding a glass of red wine, while talking to few executives a.k.a his clients and entertain them. His firm is already working for this project since months ago, promotion for the newest product from huge and global company. It is intense but worth all of his time. He get paid a lot and his company’s name will receive so much benefit if this project successful.

 

“I did my best.”

 

“No, no. You can still do better when i asked you to cast Miss Kim Yeri as our cf star.”

 

One of them is talking to him while chuckling, well.. his clients was so persistent about using Yeri as her model and brand ambassador for this product. Mostly because they’re aware about the viral travel agency CF he made earlier this year. Jungkook did ask Yeri about this, when they’re still together but she firmly said no. it’s uncomfortable to work with your own boyfriend, it’s her reasoning and he is glad that’s what happened.
He respond to it with an empty laugh before drink all his left over wine and take another glass from a passing by waitress.

 

“I sent you two invitation, i thought you’ll bring her here. It’s a good exposure for my product if she’s here.”

 

Jungkook is annoyed when someone disregarding his work and thinking Yeri’s status as celebrity will work better than his promotional project. He give him a fake smile and trying hard to find excuses because he never actually sent out the invitation for Yeri just like how his clients wanted to.

 

“She’s in the middle of working on something.”

 

“Really? Looks like, she choose you after all.”

 

He’s following everyone’s eyes to the center of the ballroom, when camera start clicking and people start paying attentions.

 

“She’s here.”

 

Celebrities came here as special guest or colleagues from all the executives. Few of them is here as model or promotional agent, but Yeri. It’s obvious that she’s here as Jungkook’s girlfriend.

 

“Hi..” She said it with a smile on her face, her arms is reaching out to him, she put it on his waist and everyone is thrilled with what they’re seeing.

 

“Thank you for coming Kim Yeri-ssi.”

 

Jungkook is doing nothing but getting confused and scared with this situation. He can feels how strong Yeri holding his waist and nothing is genuine from this. He’s trying to let her hands go, but the only thing he got is an even tighter grip that is enough to hurt him and makes him staring down at her who’s busy shaking hand with few of his clients.

 

“I’m here as a supporter.” Yeri is replying his stare and giving him a smile. It totally looks natural and nice. She’s so pretty.

 

“Oh? it’s started.”

 

People start vanish from their sight, walking to their assigned seat and focusing their eyes to the stage when an MC announcing the event will start shortly. Jungkook is still not moving even though right now, Yeri is already letting him go.

 

“What is this?” He asked her with unfriendly voice but still keeping it low, afraid if people around them will hear.

 

“And Mr. Jeon Jungkook from Sky creative company will give the presentation of this project.”

 

Before he can talk more and asking more explanation from Yeri, he was shined by a spotlights and surrounded by applause from the audiences, including Yeri in front of him, with a smile. He can’t avoiding it when she holds his hands and give him one quick kiss on her lips before pushed his back to the stage directions while everyone is watching. Some media taking their pictures, and the others just fascinated by the show she provided. Only him is scared.
 

Yeri close her eyes when the spotlights is gone following Jungkook’s walk on stage. She’s taking a deep breath and opening her eyes again only to find him standing on stage. He’s speaking really well and knows what he’s doing, professional and smart, that’s how people saw him every time he’s doing his job. She knows how much efforts he put to works on this particular project, back then she even need to help him with some little sketch edit or feeding him his dinner while he’s working on it. He was cancelling their vacation for this project too. She knows how much Jungkook want this to success..and that’s just another reason for her to makes him failed.

 

“...Thank you very much.”

 

Jungkook doesn’t need to heard a loud applause to know that what he’s doing right now is a good job. He trust his ability and his team for working on it, it’s 5 months of journey and he knows he’s making it so perfect.

He gets down from the stage quickly, his eyes are locking to Yeri but he’s distracted by few peoples who’s congratulate him and now she’s gone.


 

***

 

Yeri is nodding her head to people who recognized her, some even asking for a handshake and pictures together. Her brain is busy recalling a name right now, she’s been memorized it since last week.

 

“dr. Kim, hi!”

 

She finally remember and approaching dr. Kim in a quick pace.

 

“Good afternoon. Just called me, Lydia.”

 

Right, Lydia kim, the head of R&D for this product, how could she forget her first name.

 

“I’m a Kim too, Yeri. Kim Yeri.”

 

She shakes her hand and giving her one glass of wine. Lydia kim knows her, judging from how she laughed when she introduced herself.

 

“I know you, of course. I watch TV and read news on internet too..”

 

“Ah..Sorry.”

 

“Just because of my job, people always assuming that i’m staying on my lab for 24 hours, it’s not like that Kim Yeri-ssi.”

 

Yeri’s been rehearsing this but her mind is completely blank.

 

“It’s great, you know your job. I was a biochemical student and the product you’re launching right now is interesting to be honest.”

 

Lie, she was studying literature for a year back in college, she know nothing about biochemical.

 

“Really?”
 

For dr. Kim is totally interesting that a celebrity like Yeri knows a thing about what she’s doing as a researcher.

 

“I also read some stuffs about your product, you know that one document where you listed every single thing about weakness and strengthness of your product..”

 

dr. Kim’s eyes got bigger, that kind of document is not something you can easily access. It was distributed in a very limited circle. There’s no way a random celebrity like Yeri will know about it.

 

“You’re marketing a cosmetic product..and you’re stating that one of chemical you use is still on the process of legalization in our country, but the launching is happening right now..”

 

“Wait a minute. That’s a classified information, how did you get this?”

 

“I’m sorry, i didn’t know about that. It’s just my boyfriend showed me a document..”

 

Yeri is acting like she really is panicking and wronged for her choice of words. She can see that dr. Kim is pissed off, she kept asking her and checking her knowledge about the product, and she's trying her best to use all information she memorized to answer her, and whe she's done, she leave her while bring few people to an empty room behind the stage. It is worked, her plan.

 

A week ago, Yeri receive some things from her father. He told her about a chance to give Jungkook some nuisances. She did everything alone, she came up with the plan, she used her own money, the only thing her father did is setting her up with some people using his connection. She pays a lot and worked a lot, until one of lab researcher at Tron pharmacy  agree to tell her some classified stuffs from their product. She’s communicate with them acting as some business competitors for Tron, she use email to hide her identities.

 

The unloyal worker also told her that Jungkook was given a document regarding the product so he could promote it without using anything that included as its weakness, it’s essentials because the company doesn’t want to receive a back fired negative reaction if something went wrong. She learn about dr. Lydia Kim and she knows that her position is strong enough to actually makes decision and conclusion.

And judging from her reaction, her plan is certainly worked.

 

***

 

Yeri is nowhere to be found, Jungkook is already trying to looking for her but she just gone without any trace. The only thing she left is a red stain from her lipstick on his lips since she kissed him earlier.

 

“Your presentation is really great, Mr. Jeon.”

 

Jungkook is not responding anything, but a quick nod as he’s trying to use his phone and call Yeri, the first call he made to her since few months ago.
 

“Where are you?” And she picked up the phone at last.

 

“Somewhere.”

 

“What did you do?”

He know Yeri is up to something. She can’t be here in random to supporting him as a girlfriend, not after what happened between them. It’s not possible.

 

“You wanted me to fight back and i did.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“You’ll know what i mean.”

She cuts off the phone call at the same time when someone pat his shoulder.

 

“We need to talk to you.”

It’s one of the Tron pharmacy’s executives, Jungkook forget his name but he’s quite important.

 

***

 

Tron pharmacy’s executives are probably one of the hardest client Jungkook ever had. The board director and some investors is a bunch of old people who’s still old-fashioned, conservative, and seeing a successful young man like Jungkook as nothing. He can handle them well,  adaptive to their demand and finally score a deal for this project, but inside the company he also needs to deal with people around his age, researcher, smart, cocky, arrogant, and idealist. It’s hard because he needs to positioning himself according to what they want.

 

“Take a sit, Mr. Jeon.”

 

And now those people are here, the old, the young, the conservative, the idealist. They’re sitting in a huge round table and they told him to join them.

 

“This is dr. Lydia Kim, you met her when we signed the contract with your firm, right?”

 

He lift his face to woman on her 30s, looking pissed off and unimpressed with him. He’s not saying anything but nod his head to her, she ignores it.

 

“According to her, you’re violating the important clausul of our contract.”

 

Jungkook give dr. Kim a glance and staring at her. Trying to find what’s her deal is.

 

“That is a strong accusation.” He hides his shock with a chuckling. But no one was impressed.

 

“I am not accusing, Mr. Jeon.”

 

“Can you elaborate more? i’m really not following.”

 

“You’re leaking a classified document and information we gave you.”

 

Another person is talking to him right now, and Jungkook is really can’t understand this. They’re basically accusing him with so much bulls right now. Professionalism and integrity is one of his best traits. He’s not a careless person who let that kind of thing happened with or without intention, it’s just impossible.

 

“Kim Yeri-ssi told me you showed the classified document to her, i asked a few things and she got everything correct, it’s like you’re giving her the entire copy of it and told her to memorized it.”

 

Jungkook close his eyes, and clenching his fist when Yeri’s name brought up to this. He should’ve known better about her capability to do things will lead him into this.

 

“Of course, she’s a celebrity and well.. what can people like her do beside being innocently dumb and ignorant. She said sorry when she knows she’ll get you into troubles. But you, Mr. Jeon.. isn’t dumb is an insult to you?”

 

Jungkook is not saying anything because these people already made up their mind and their judgment about him. Defending himself is no use because Yeri probably did so much things behind his back already.

 

“I told you we shouldn’t trust younger man like him too much. They’re careless.”

 

“What if media find out about it?”

 

“The legalization process is still ongoing right?”

 

He can heard these peoples talking between themselves, they sounds worried and somehow disappointed. While his mind is busy with the thought of Yeri and how much she destroyed the thing he wanted the most. She completely ruined it for him.

 

“We’ll put the project on hold, if we find something serious, we’ll see you in court Mr. Jeon.”

 

They told him to leave, and this is honestly baffled him. He deals with dirty and nasty people on his business for a dozens times, someone was plagiarized his idea before, the other one accusing him this and that, he deals with this kind of problem on daily basis but it never makes him feels bad as much as this one. He doesn’t care about those people, but Yeri..

 


 

“Innocently dumb..” Jungkook is sitting on his car, and trying hard to thinking about this slowly.

 

Yeri is far from innocently dumb, she is cunning, smart, as manipulative as he is, determined, and probably crazy. She hit him hard with her so called fight back.

 

“I told you i’ll do that, right..”

Jungkook turn his face when someone entering his car and sit on the passenger seat, It’s Yeri, still with her pretty nightgown.

 

“You did.”

 

Yeri can see Jungkook’s smile and his empty eyes staring at the wheel as he said it. Just like what she expecting, she won this particular game.

 

“Why did you do that?” He finally talk to her and looking at her direction, intimidating, as usual.

 

“Same reason to why you exposed my family and trying to taint my father’s name.”

 

“A revenge? Why?”

She pulled her back when Jungkook turn his face closer to her and using his hands to caressing her hair.

 

“I did what i did because your father and your brother killed my sister. And now let me ask you.. how could the already dead Jeon Sooyoung, killed your coward brother? Answer me? How?”

 

He is angry, mad, sad, broken. The way he talked is really showing her how much Jungkook is disliking the whole situation.

 

“You need to stop blaming people..”

 

“Just like how you blame my sister for the past 15 years?”

 

Yeri hold Jungkook’s hand and tossed it from her head, it hits the dashboard but he ignores it. He’s just staring at her and let out a heavy sigh after some times. dr. Yoo was right, completely right, Jungkook’s pain is something that enough to killed him.

 

“I was all alone my whole life, i didn’t even have chance to feels any hatred for anyone like you, because i didn’t even know who ruined my sister, you can hate your parents and trying to kill them but i don’t even have that privilege.”

 

“It’s not a privilege!”

Yeri doesn’t know from where the heavy feelings on her heart came from, but she has tears on her eyes right now. Jungkook noticed it but the only thing he gave her is a smirk. There is no mercy on his eyes at all.

 

“Wanting to killing your parents is never a privilege, it is a torture.”

 

She manage to tell him that before Jungkook turning on his car and driving away from the parking lot. She looks at him, angry but he doesn’t care at all.

 

“I’ll take you to a ride.”

 

A ride he means is basically a mad driving, near miss maneuver, high speed, he’s good at it, but no matter how good, Yeri is still scared, she’s crying while holding his hands tight, told him to stop.. it takes him quite a while to finally step on the brake and stop the car, in a not-so-crowded road.

She watch him with a wary eyes, Jungkook is doing nothing but staring at the road and Yeri is wiping her tears while trying to calming herself down, she has her right hand on his palm, she’s holding into it really tight that is now bleeding, wounded by her sharp bracelet and her new polished nail.

It only takes her few seconds before she’s breaking down in tears, a lot of it. Not because the ride but because her nightmare from few months ago is not just a nightmare. It was a reality, it was this Jungkook who chased her like a madman.

 

“You want me to die. You psycho..” She’s still able to push Jungkook’s shoulder while crying and covering her face.

 

“It is better than me drowning you into a deep, cold lake, right?”

 

Yeri remembers that one, she stare at him as he’s leaning his back and lift both of his hand from the wheel.

 

“Let me out ! I want to get out.” She talks to him quick and Jungkook is out from the car and opening her door from the outside.

 

She pushed him away, and start to dry heaving before finally puked, right to a trash bin near the road. This is a mess, people who see will clowning her.

Jungkook feels bad, obviously. So he helps her with holding her hair and patting her back slowly.

 

“I should’ve take you to a ride often, I’m as skilled as a racer.”

 

“Shut up!”

 

Jungkook watch Yeri who ends up sitting down at the roadside, few cars are passing by in front of her, but she doesn’t looks care anymore. He choose to sit next to her and ended up staring at the road without saying anything. He catch a glimpse of Yeri who’s wiping her tears and using her phone to send a message to someone. And when she’s done she put her head down to her knee while hugging it. Her long dress is almost covering her like a blanket.

 

“My manager will be here in a minute, you should go.”

 

Yeri finally gets up from her sit, and Jungkook is following her, he takes off his jacket and giving it to her, she takes it and wearing it quickly.

 

“Go.”

She told him to get inside his car, but Jungkook is doing nothing, he’s just standing there. Watching her with unreadable expression. She was going to ignore him and walking away but he hold her hand, stopping her.

 

“When will you stop doing this?”

 

Jungkook finally let her hands go, when a car stopped in front of them, Jay is coming out from it and Yeri told him to wait for her and he listens.

 

"I'll be done, when you're done."

 

She walks away from him and get in to her car followed by Jay and they're gone.