TWENTY

Heimwee ( /ˈɦɛi̯mʋeː/ ) Pt.2

It's totally weird, Yeri is sure that she is ok when she left the party last night. She's broken hearted but at least she already has no burden over being guilty to Jungkook, they both said sorry to each other and everything is back to the day before he showed up on her nightmare.
Her life is supposed to be normal again at least, but right now she has a really bad headache and also a pain on her stomach. She feels bad and opening her eyes is becoming a heavy job.

She use her weak hands, still with eyes closed to pick up a phone which has been ringing for more than a dozen times this morning. It’s bothering her.

 

"Kim Yeri, you need to review a script with me, There's a plot i really like.."

 

"Unnie, I'm sick."

 

"You have been neglected your work for 2 weeks."

 

"No, I'm seriously sick."

 

She hang up on her and back to buried her head to her bed. She heard a knock on her door. Nana and her mom is coming in with a breakfast, as usual.

 

"What is it?"

 

"My head hurt."

 

Living in her parent's place is actually good, she can tell people about not feeling good right away, without waiting for Jay and Bona to come get her.

 

"Do we need to call Dr. Yoo?"

 

"Right, call her, Nana."

 

Yeri is trying to go back to sleep while hugged by her mom. She's staying with her, caressing her back and her hair, she never receive this kind of affection from her since 15 years ago. Thanks to Jungkook she finally able to have this again.

"What's wrong?"


Mrs. Kim is really worried when Yeri start crying and giving her a tighter hug than before. She's afraid that the pain is getting worse for her.

 

"Nothing."

 

"You should sleep until Dr. Yoo arrived."

 

***

 

Yeri is sitting on her bed while dr. Yoo is treated her. Both of her parents are here, she feels like a kid again.

 

"How is she?"

 

She feels nervous when dr. Yoo is staring at her angrily. The results must be bad then.

 

"If she had the fever till tomorrow, Take her to the hospital, she probably need to stay for few days."

 

"What is wrong with me?"

 

"Yeah, what is wrong with you, Kim Yeri?"

 

"What kind of doctor is doing this to their patient?"

 

Yeri is really annoyed when dr. Yoo is being really rude to her. Both of her parents is doing nothing, they probably aware about the exact reason to why Yeri being like this.

 

"Can i talk to Yeri? in private."

 

dr. Yoo is quite surprised and annoyed when she realized that Yeri's check up result is completely a mess, there's so much things going on inside her body and mostly bad. She's been taking care of her health for more than a decade, she can see which one is a real disease and which one came by invitation.

 

"I gave you vitamins every week, i sent it to Bona, why won't you eat any of it?"

 

"I'm busy."

 

"What about the healthy diet menu i gave you? You lost too much weight, your body can't handle what is going on.”

 

Yeri is not respond or denying what she said and covering her face while showing some tears. This is rarely happen, not after she declare her healthy, mentally and physically since few years ago ago.

 

“I’m just really stressed. Sorry.”

 

“I don’t know what is going on with you, but don’t torture yourself and your parents through this, Yeri-ya.”

 

“I know.”

***

Yeri spent the rest of the day staying on her room after dr. Yoo left, when Nana told her about a guest coming for her.

 

“What are you doing here?”

 

Yeri is totally dumbfounded when she found Jihoon is sitting on her living room, like it’s a natural thing.

 

“I’m visiting.”

 

“I’m busy. I don’t want to see you.”

 

“I was worried.”

 

She looks at him in disbelief when he said that.

 

“You has no right to worry about me.”

 

“If Jeon Jungkook refused to take care of you, i’ll..”

 

Jihoon stopped what he’s saying half way when Yeri is mocking her with a laugh

 

“Am i a trophy? I’m not a reward that you can win through a stupid battle you have with Jungkook. Are you seriously thinking that he’ll get mad if you have me? We’re an adult Lee Jihoon-ssi. Stop this.”

 

“It’s not about him. I feel sorry for you. I care for you”

 

“Why? Because i defended you once in front of your uncle? That was nothing. I hate people like him so i did that.”

 

“We’re very similar, we live in a family who doesn’t care about anything else but money and power, that’s why your brother is dead, right?”

 

Yeri is closing her eyes and she walks closer to Jihoon while looking at him with so much disgust.

 

“No, we’re not similar. I have my own share for behaving like trash, but i never acting like i’m good, while you..you kept hiding behind your family and refuse to take responsibility for what you did.”

 

“You don’t know me.”

 

“Exactly, we don’t even know each other and out of nowhere you suddenly came here, and tell me that you care for me and stuffs? It’s totally weird.”

 

“You don’t know Jungkook either.”

 

“See? It’s all about him again, i understand why you see him in such a bad light, your family making it worse for you.."

 

Jihoon is stopping her talk while grabbing her hands, and Yeri is surprise with that, she’s flinching and takes a few steps back from him slowly. She’s scared.

 

“He ruined my life. “

 

“And you ruined mine. I knew you were with people from Tron at the party..”

 

“I am protecting you, My uncle has plan with Tron and i’m with them to makes sure that you’re not dragged into this.”

 

Yeri is totally not buying it, she takes a deep breath and give Jihoon one last stare before she told him to leave her house.

 

“If you worked hard, you’ll probably win over Jungkook, you can get his money, his power or everything you always wanted from him. But me? Don’t ever think about it.”

 

She can see how Jihoon is mad at her after listening to what she said. His eyes are red and he’s clenching his fist really tight. Making him angry is probably not a good thing to do, but she can’t help it, she’s not actually disliking Jihoon that much, but he is the reason why Jungkook is gone from her life and she’s hating him for that reason only.



 



 

 

Jungkook is staring at his computer for such a long time. There’s an email about board director meeting suddenly. Well, he kinda expect those old men to get curious about his firm and the ongoing project.

 

“I don’t know what they want.”

 

Jimin is joining him and a little bit nervous too when he realized that this will be the first meeting after Jungkook and Jihoon fight, after Mr. Lee talked to Tron, and after the launching of Mrs. Kim’s restaurant project. It’s basically a judgment day.

 

“Let’s just go, hyung.”

 

Jihoon is also aware about the board director meeting because he heard gossips and rumors from his uncle’s office. He purposefully came here to know about the result. He’s curious. He saw Jimin and Jungkook at the parking lot earlier, they looked nervous.

 

“Mr. Jeon and Mr. Park is already inside, all the board director too.”

 

“Tell me what happen.”

 

Jihoon can’t join because right now he’s basically nothing in this company. His uncle is stopped him from working here 5 years ago.

 

“Alright, sir.”

 

"Take a sit, Mr. Park."

 

Jimin is sitting at the side of huge table when Jungkook is taking his position at the centre. He studied Jungkook’s expression and he knows that his friend is also aware about the possibilities of bad news being delivered to him today. Well, he's the one who had troubles with Tron and he's also the one who fought Jihoon at the dinner party, he knows it's coming.

 

"Since everyone is here, let's start the meeting."

 

Jungkook is a little bit awkward for doing this, for the past 5 years, the board director meeting will only consist with him reporting about profit and benefit from his firm. Everyone always praised him and Jimin for what they did. Troubles and problems usually handled in a small scale meeting, usually only Mr. Lee who talks together with him.

 

"We already had discussions about the thing we talked about last time."

 

He stare at Mr. Lee as he showed him a bunch of documents, full with signature from all the board directors and an empty spot for himself at the end.

 

"Are you taking over my firm?"

 

Jimin is surprised when Jungkook finally talk to Mr. Lee, he looks scary and serious. Taking over sounds like a nightmare, they basically lost control over the whole firm, the projects, every single thing.

 

"We gave you a chance."

 

"The new project just launched recently, last night to be exact, what do you mean a chance?"

 

Jungkook is a little bit disappointed with this, Mr. Lee is probably tired with him and all of his antics, yes, but the other directors? He always treat them good, respecting them and stuffs, how could they?

 

Mr. Lee is walking away from him while mocking him with a sarcastic smile and with that only, he's already aware that all control is on him now. He's the one who has the most money and power.

 

"You can still work at Sky, i'll just pointing a new CEO. You're incompetent, Mr. Jeon."

 

"Then you can use Mr. Park as the CEO."

 

Jimin's eyes are shaking when Jungkook is suddenly saying things like that. How can he run the company?

 

"Both of you are incapable. I spoke with people from Tron and there's no way you can run a company with that kind of mindset."

 

Tron? Jungkook is becoming nervous and scared, what if Mr. Lee knew about him who's trying to covers up what Yeri did.

 

"You're threatened your clients. Everyone from Tron is disliking you. They offered a great deal for Sky, in a condition where you're no longer a CEO. We did this for your firm."

 

"They ruined my firm. They framed me and everyone from Sky with bulls."

 

"And you think that's enough reason to act recklessly and being stupid?"

 

Jimin honestly understand Mr. Lee's opinion about this. He is Jungkook's friends for almost a decade so of course he is aware about this trait of him, the careless, scary, ruthless Jungkook. He is always like that since college, but for as long as he concerned, Jungkook always manage to hide it when he's doing business, building connection and working with clients. The only thing he seeks is money and power, he doesn't care about anything else, so he’ll do anything to gain what he want, including faking his persona. That's why Jungkook is probably one of the most successful businessman for people around their age. He's smart and so full with calculation, and what he did to Tron this time is a little bit overboard, the Jungkook from 8 years ago won’t even treat them like that.

 

Mr. Lee is back to standing next to Jungkook, he's trying to whispering some things to him.

 

"I told you i prefer Jihoon over you because you're smart, but with this..is there any different between you and that kid?"

 

That's annoying. Jungkook is angry and his pride is hurting, after all these years..he worked so hard for Sky and listened to all the word Mr. Lee said and this is what happened now.

 

"Don't worry, Mr. Jeon..we'll find someone suitable for your firm, we will let all the CEO candidates to meet you first."

 

Jimin is following Jungkook when he's out from the room without saying anything further, he takes the documents but not signing it yet. He must be so angry about this. Sky is the only world he has for the past decade, he builds it with his own effort, the board director and Mr. lee only funding him and take the profit, but Jungkook is the one who makes the firm works.

 


 

Yeri is getting better after taking her medicine according to how dr. Yoo told him, Mrs. Kim is staying at home and taking care of her really well, while her dad is showing up at her room every time he's back from work. She feels like a kid again, happy and also touched.

 

"I'm going back to work, tomorrow." She talks to her mom who's busy preparing food for her dinner.

 

"What kind of work?"

 

"A photoshoot. I need to do something to distract myself."

 

"Don't do it, if you feels sick."

 

"I'll be fine."

 

"Your phone is ringing."

 

Yeri take her phone from the dining table when her mom told her about the call. It's Irene.

 

"Unnie?"

 

"Yeri-ya, are you ok?"

 

"I'll be there for the photoshoot."

 

"Not about that, but the journalist and media, did they bothers you?"

 

"Media? What is going on?"

 

"So you don't know? Jungkook is taken off from his position as Sky Creative CEO, some journalists contacting me asking if you knew about this, and i already told them to not bothers you since you don't know anything, but just in case.."

 

"Talk to you later, unnie."

 

Yeri is opening her notebook and browsing the internet to learn about what is going on to Jungkook and why is this happening. She clicks on every news release about it, the issue is a little bit blowing up because of Yeri's status as his girlfriend, their last year CF was literally viral and famous, and the news about their relationship is gaining quite a huge attentions too.

The news basically told her that Jungkook is not resigned but more like fired from his position as CEO. She's aware the only one who's capable on doing that is Mr. Lee, but why is the reason? no news report explaning anything about that.

 

"Mom, do you know anything about this?"

 

Mrs. Kim is standing behind Yeri's chair and read what she saw from her notebook. The news is surprising because as a client she doesn't get any information about this.

 

"No, they didn't say anything yesterday."

 

"But he didn't showed up, right?"

 

"He didn't showed up on any meeting since a few weeks ago. But Mr. Park said Jungkook sent him, so he is definitely still working at Sky."

 

Yeri is suddenly feeling nervous about this, is it because of her again? Jihoon? Tron? or what she said to Mr. Lee? Sky is really important for Jungkook, is he losing it because of her?

 

"What are you guys doing?"

 

She turn her face to the door when her father showed up, He just got back from work and joining her reading what is wrote about Jungkook from her notebook screen. She's nervously waiting for his reaction but he totally ignores it, he takes his bag outside the kitchen without saying anything. It's annoying, she's expecting too much from him.

Yeri ended up staying at her room instead of having dinner with her parents because she doesn't feels good. There's no way Jungkook will be happy if she called him and asked him about this, but at the same time she really need to know if all of this happened because of her wrongdoing or not. She keeps looking at her phone, opening Lea and Jimin's contact back and forth, contemplating to call them and ask them what is going on. or maybe Jihoon know about it?

 

"Yeri-ya.."

 

She does nothing when she can heard her mom's voice from outside her door, she’ll probably told her to eat.

 

"I'm tired." She answer her quickly, hoping for Mrs. Kim to understand what she wanted.

 

"Your father want to talk to you."

 

She's running to the door really quick when she realized that she has a chance about this. And there he is, Mr. Kim, looking awkward and scary, staring at her with his soft eyes, he totally looks tired.

 

"What do you want?"

He asked that question while entering her room and handling her a glass of milk, she takes it and drinking it quick. She watched her mom leaving the room and now there's only Yeri and her dad in here.

 

"What is going on?"

 

"I have nothing to do with this. I promised him to leave him alone in return of having you back."

 

"You're my father, yes but you don't own me, at all."

 

Yeri knows that her dad doesn't even have a will to responding her complaints. He takes a sit on a huge couch near her bed and giving her a look. He looks so done with her.

 

"People like him, just like you said, he was reminded me to myself when i was younger..people like us won't give up at time like this, he'll be fine."

 

"But you didn't met me when you were young.."

 

Mr. Kim is understand exactly what Yeri meant with that, he didn't falling in love with anyone worthy more than his own success when he was young.

 

"Dad, what is going on right now is probably my fault, and even though we promised him a freedom, don't you think i should do something?"

 

"I told him that i'll help him about his business or his career every time he asked, but did he ask for it?"

 

"No, he didn’t.”

 

Mr. Kim is out from Yeri's room, and he's not gonna lie that everything between them is getting better each day. He can finally know how it feels to having a daughter again, when Yeri was young, she used to wait for him in the front the gate every time he's away from business trip for days . They weren't close but Yeri was always treating him good as a father, until Seokjin is gone, and to finally realized that every single thing he has right now, Yeri and a family is thanks to Jungkook who’s basically his fears for the past 15 years, Mr. Kim is having a hard time to deal with all of it.

 



 

 

"Good Morning, Mr. Jeon"

 

Jungkook is already staying at his office since last night. Mr. Lee is a total bastard, he lied to him about selecting the CEO candidates with his involvement. Because right after the meeting ended yesterday, he already told the media about replacing him with someone else, a random guy he doesn't even know.

He spent his times to learn about the document Mr. Lee gave to him yesterday and the contract he signed with him 8 years ago, he's trying to find a way to take his firm back.

But everything is totally useless, he and Jimin were young and getting a huge investor was the only goal they wanted, they didn't think much about this kind of thing. The contract from 8 years ago was nothing but to give Mr. Lee all control of Sky as a board director. He was stupid.

Jimin told him that the new CEO is probably just a cover up, Mr. Lee want the Tron deal so bad so he's doing this, he's innocently believe that all the creation and working process of Sky will still under their command. Jungkook knows what kind of person Mr. Lee is, he is worse than Jihoon and what Jimin thoughts is basically a fantasy.

 

"You have a visitor.”

 

“Who?”

 

“Mr. Lee Jihoon."

 

"Send him in."

 

Jungkook is taking a glance at his watch, it's 7 AM in the morning, his secretary was just arrived here but Jihoon is already here paying him a visit. He's curious with what he's going to say.

 

"What do you want?"

 

Jihoon is already get used with Jungkook's unfriendly behaviour so he just laugh at him when they finally see each other. He close the door of his office and takes a sit in front of him quickly.

 

"I can give your position back."

 

He knows how significant Sky for Jungkook is, and he has a chance to takes control over him with this.

 

"How?"

 

"That CEO guy, i know him. He was my uncle's newest favorite after you, he studied abroad for few years but i know how messed up his life was back then. He's basically a criminal, i have all the evidences, i can help you to expose him, so you'll get back your position."

 

"They'll just choose anyone else if not that guy."

 

"No, they won't. All those old men knows that you're the best person to running this firm, it's just my uncle who suddenly despise you and get into their head while promoting his new guy, if they knew he is an , they will rebel and you'll gain their supports back. Trust me, i know."

 

Well, that makes sense.

 

"And what do you want from me in return?"

 

"Kim Yeri."

 

Jungkook is totally not expecting this, Jihoon is crazy.

 

"She's not a toy nor a reward."

 

"No, i don't need her that way, i know she broke up with you, and you're no longer his boyfriend or anything. I have a plan and i need your promise to stay away from it."

 

"What are you talking about?"

 

"Just leave me alone and don't try to protect her or bothering me."

 

Jihoon is crazy but Jungkook is never thought that he'll becoming like this, What exactly Yeri did to him that he became like this. As long as he concerned, Yeri's been treating Jihoon really nice, she even went with him to his family dinner and defended him in front of his family, so why..

 

"Seriously, leave her alone. Her father is powerful, you don't have a chance against him, at all."

 

"You know me, I won’t stop because of that.I just need you to stay away.."

 

That's bad, Jihoon is being serious about it and Jungkook is aware something is really wrong about whatever his plan is. He is a trash with no fear, too brave, and leave no room for second thoughts. Yeri is already behaving too kind to him and too open to the point that Jihoon thoughts what she did for him is an affection, he became fond of her, and now he hates her. Something must be happened in between that. He never heard about Jihoon having a healthy relationship with someone, he always heard about him ruining people's life and run away so Mr. Lee becoming so hateful towards him because he needs to cleaning up the mess every time.

 

"I won't do that. Just leave her alone."

 

"Why do you care, anyway? She ruined your life, my life, this is a good chance to taking back Sky. I'm giving you a chance."

 

Jungkook is opening his drawer to take the document Mr. Lee gave him yesterday, he went to the last page and signed the paper while staring at Jihoon.

 

"I'm no longer the CEO, your offer is useless, i'll give this to your uncle and you leave Kim Yeri alone, her life is already hard, she doesn't need you to making it harder."

 

"You're an idiot."

 

Jihoon is out from his office and Jungkook blocking his way, he's stopping him from his walk with a push on his chest.

 

"Leave her alone and stop trying to make a mess."

 

Jihoon tossed his hand and walking away from him really fast. If it's just about him exposing Yeri to Tron, Jungkook could care less about that, but he knows Jihoon can do so much more than that.

 

***

 

"You are crazy."

 

Jimin is totally annoyed when he heard about Jungkook who already signed the documents about yesterday mess. That means he agreed with the whole weird stuffs Mr. Lee trying for Sky.

 

"There's no other way, he already told media about it, i discussed it with our legal team too and they said there's no other way. We were wrong since the beginning, hyung."

 

Jungkook is knows Jimin will definitely get angry if he is aware about chance Jihoon was trying to gave him earlier, so he won't talk about it.

 

"Then what should we do now?"

 

"We're working here, with the new CEO. We probably need to move our desk."

He's trying to joking with Jimin but he doesn't seems like it.

 

"Jungkook-ah.."

 

"Everything is gonna be fine, hyung."

 

"Mr. Jeon.."

 

"What is it?"

 

It's a bunch of their PR and legal team knocking on his office, looking panic and totally scared. Jimin is staring at him trying to find an answer, so that means he doesn't know what is going on either.

 

"This was released an hour ago. Our phone won’t stop ringing.”

 

Jimin is reading what Jiyong, the head of their PR team showing him through his laptop. It’s a news release regarding Jungkook who assaulted someone last month, the articles attaching a picture of him but no evidence about the assault, it just stated where it’s happened, and he knows the assaulted is about Jihoon and Jungkook’s fight.

 

“What the hell..”

He can’t believe this, the news report talked about Jungkook hit a man but they don’t say anything about him getting kicked and injured. They also wrote that the victim was agree to settled because they don’t want any mess.

 

“This is a fake news. We should sue anyone who wrote this.”

 

“Mr. Jeon, a call from Mr. Lee.”

 

Jungkook feels like his head is going to explode anytime, someone is really messing with him through this. He takes the phone while staring at Jimin and all his employees.

 

“Good afternoon..”

 

“Jungkook-ah..I can not help you with this. You ruined yourself.”

 

“Did you do this?”

 

He doesn’t know why he’s suspecting him about this, but well..given how the situation right now.

 

“I didn’t. Jihoon did.”

 

“Why?”

 

“I have no idea, you always did this to each other for years. Back to business, i’m sorry but you’re fired, Mr. Jeon. We can’t afford the firm to lost all its images and brand value because of your repeated mistake. The new CEO will take over tomorrow, and you need to leave by then. I’ll take all your employees, don’t worry.”

 

Everyone is doing nothing when Jungkook is placing his head to his table and staying on that position for awhile after the call ended. Jimin is holding his shoulder and he finally gets up from his sit, he’s wearing his jacket and out from his office without saying anything.

 




 

 

“How are you doing, Jeon Sooyoung?”

 

Jungkook is definitely not regretting his uncle’s choice regarding his opinion about the resting place for Sooyoung when he died, he was young and that’s probably the last thing he want to think about back then. The place is far from the entrance, it is separated from other section of cemetery, the view in front is a huge lake, and the surrounding area is a green grass. He came here really often, almost every week when he was a student and once in a month after he started working and stuffs. Before he learned about Yeri and who she really is, he had plan to take her here, to let her know about his sister and stuffs, he was so ready to treat her as a family, but then things happened.

 

“I thought i’ll never came here to blame you for what is happening in my life, but i just can’t help it today.”

 

He’s talking while sitting in the grass and staring at the scenery in front of him.

 

“You really ruined me big time.”

 

He stopped talking when a message pop out on his phone from Jimin, he said that Mr. Lee’s staff is coming to his firm and talk about him being fired and stuffs. He choose to ignore it because he doesn’t know what to do with that information, is there even anything he can do at time like this now?

 

“Are you really going to torture me this way, are you having fun with you boyfriend after making me see her sister on my nightmare, my dreams, why would you do that?”

 

Jungkook has no choice but to blame Sooyoung and Seokjin about what happened. This is a hocus pocus, maybe their spirits are doing something. Because how can Yeri showed up on his nightmare out of nowhere, he’s been living his life just fine without her and now..everything is a complete mess. Of course, he fell in love with her, becoming stupid and willing to do anything for her not because of Sooyoung, but everything won’t happened if the nightmare is not there.

 

“If you’re trying to punish me because i wasn’t a good brother then you can stop now. I didn’t understand you or whatever you felt for that man, but i do know.”

 

He stay at that place for another half an hour, he feels like a crazy person for doing this, talking to his sister, blaming her for every bad things occurred in his life.


 



 

 

“It is really crazy right now. I don’t want you to read anything from the internet. Just don’t.”

 

Yeri just finished her photoshoot, it began at early morning and finished at 7PM. She looks at Jay with so much confusion.

 

“What are you talking about?”

 

She use her jacket and takes a bottle of water from Bona’s hand while looking at her phone. She has tons of messages from her mother and Irene.

 

“It’s your boyfriend.”

 

“About the CEO thing? I already aware.”

 

“That and another issue as well.”

 

“What issue?”

 

She grab Jay’s phone with force and start reading what was written on it slowly.

 

“He’s basically a criminal.”

 

Yeri knows the real story, Jungkook was injured at that time, Jihoon is definitely not innocent but why did everyone calling him a victim, they didn’t even reveal his name but releasing the news with Jungkook’s picture on it.

 

“I was there, this is not true.”

 

“What do you mean? Don’t tell me, it was that one night when you cried and looking for him like crazy..”

 

“No one can know about this, you can’t..”

 

Yeri is reading the news article and her name was mentioned a lot by people, they said they feel sorry for her because of Jungkook, they said she deserves better, most of them is supporting her. And the rest are hating her clling her and Jungkook as  “Birds of a feather flock together".

 

“He was fired too. And Irene Unnie will release the news about your break up faster because of this.”

 

“But this is..”

 

She literally lost words about this, she can not thinking about what is going on to Jungkook, his life is totally in a mess.

 

“Unnie, there’s nothing you can do. You’ll just make it harder for him if you chose to involve with this.”

 

Yeri is back to her home feeling helpless and confused. There are so many things on her mind and nothing is good. She ended up skip her dinner and her medicine tonight, Mr. and Mrs. Kim is having an appointment with her family so they won’t be here till dawn.

She spent her times reading the news release about Jungkook and she can’t imagine how can he handles this. Sky is gone, his name was completely tainted. It’s a complete nightmare.

 





 

 

Jungkook is walking in an aisle while holding a trolley full with books. It was his turn to put a new book on display, he’s working while thinking about time management he needs to do after this. He’ll be done for this work at 8PM, he can use 4 hours to study and finish his homework, get up early at 6 next day, and back to work after school. That’s the cycle of his life since Sooyoung gone. It’s been 11 months, almost a year since he no longer has a sister. Everything is painful but he’s actually able to do that.

 

“You can’t bring any food here.”

 

He looks up to the entrance door when someone with a school uniform entering the store. She brings a bunch of snacks on her hand and throwing all her food away when his boss told her to not bring any of it.

 

“What a waste. Food is important, why would she throw it?”

 

He decide to ignore the girl and back to focusing at his work. He has one more trolley after this, he needs to work fast.

 

“What a waste. Food is important, why would she throw it?”

 

Yeri is listened to a random voice from behind her when she’s entering the store after throwing all her food. She’s rolling her eyes because she’s annoyed..why people so concern about what she’s doing, at school everyone kept making her mad at home a doctor kept asking her how she’s doing.

 

“You can just take it, it’s a trash for me now.”

 

She ended up confronting the person who said it but she got no response, and that’s totally annoying, she already has her dad’s staffs following her all day, and barely manage to escape today is already a bad day for her.

 

“I talked to you.”

 

Jungkook lift his face when the girl from earlier is talking to him and start walking to his direction, looking angry and totally unfriendly. She laugh at him when she realized that he is a worker here.

 

“Do you need my help?”

 

“How much you get paid from working here?”

 

It doesn’t take him long to realized that this girl is probably younger than him. She’s so small, shorter than him and she holds a literature book for a middle school students. She is rude.

 

“I get paid enough.”

 

“I won’t mind if you take my food from the trash can, it’s all brand new.”

 

Yeri is a little bit dumbfounded when the boy left her without saying anything, and telling his boss that it’s his break time. She’s offended so she choose to follow him outside.

 

“Why didn’t you answer me?”

 

She’s stopped when the boy taking off his cap and turn his body to her. He’s tall, much taller than her and he looks older, probably a high school student. She’s a little bit scared when he stare at her with his big eyes. It’s intimidating.

 

“You’re not my customer out here!”

 

Yeri is definitely embarrassed and scared when he talks to her in a higher tone, people around them are paying attentions now. She already had a bad day and receiving this kind of treatment is basically not good for her. Her mentality is still weak, she’s just being rude to people and act like she’s strong because she’s tired of receiving pity from them.

 

“She’s crying.”

 

Jungkook is totally not expecting this and completely taken aback when a girl he doesn’t even know started to cry because he yells at her once. Few people who passed by them is rolling his eyes to him, judging him.

 

He slowly walk closer to her and looking at her who’s looking down while crying. He doesn’t even know what’s wrong with her.

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

He already said sorry, but she’s not still moving and keeps on crying.

 

“I’ll buy you something. Let’s go.”

 

So he decide to takes her hands, and drag her away from that place when people already noticing them more.

 

Yeri has no idea why she want to follow this stranger, maybe because she’s scared or just don’t care about what will happened to her.

 

“Ice cream. How about it?”

 

He letting go of her hands while catching his breath when they arrived at a small ice cream shop. Looks cheap but free ice cream sounds good, she doesn’t like to stay at home when it’s her counseling schedule with dr. Yoo anyway.

 

“What’s your name?”

 

Yeri is sit at one of the table, while wipe her tears. She’s quite surprised when she was asked about her name. Dumbfounded and scared too.

 

“I’m not allowed to giving away my name for a stranger.”

 

“Fine.”

 

She’s watching the boy from earlier talking to one of the owner and he came back with two vanilla ice cream.

 

“I don’t have much times, eat this quick and i’ll take you to the nearest bus stop.”

 

“I’m not a kid.”

 

“Well, you cried like a kid, back then. Are you lost or something? We can call your parents at the bookstore and ask them to pick you up, your uniform, your school is not around here, right?”

 

Yeri is quite impressed with how quick this guy noticed about her uniform.

 

“Don’t worry about me, i’ll be fine. How old are you by the way? Are you a high schooler? Me too.”

 

The boy is laughing at her while pointing his hand to his book.

 

“I’m older than you. Don’t you have any friend?”

 

“No. I’m really annoying, and i’ll just becoming a nightmare for people close to me. I can probably showed up on yours too.”

 

It’s true, right now she’s basically her parent’s worst nightmare. Let alone a friend, even her mom and dad are scared of her.

 

“I’m not in a condition to be friends with anyone too. I need to go back.”

 

Yeri is a totally disappointed when he gets up from his sit, he’s leaving. She doesn’t know why she’s doing it but she hold his arms and he’s back to her again.

 

“I’ll pay you back for the ice cream.”

 

“Do it later, in 15 or 20 years when you’re no longer a whiny little kid.”

 

She’s pouting her lips when he said that while smiling tapping his hand on her book at the table.

 

“Then, i’ll take this.”

 

Jungkook is totally annoyed and dumbfounded when his name tag was taken off from his uniform and this strange girl put it back to her bag quickly.

 

“That’s mine.”

 

“You were rude, and i’ll use this to report you to your boss.”

 

He’s so done with her and doesn’t even have time to play stupid game with middle schooler, so he choose to ignore her.

 

“Whatever, good bye.”

 

He left her, just like that.