TWENTY FIVE . 0.1

Heimwee ( /ˈɦɛi̯mʋeː/ ) Pt.2

 

"She's not breathing."

 

"What do you mean she's not breathing?"

 

Mr. Kim is never imagine that he'll have this kind of experience ever again, watching his own children powerless, on the verge of being death again, because of his mistake.

 

"Please, step aside, sir."

 

He watched Jungkook being pushed away by some paramedic who's trying so hard for saving Yeri's life, he looks like a total a mess, he keeps asking the paramedics questions, his face is so full with bruised, and his whole body is trembling, he is the one who found Yeri and taking her out from the water in a difficult situation when no one else can't.

 

“Do you even know what you’re doing?”

 

Jungkook is being really rude to people who taking care of Yeri and ended up dragged by some people, he is sitting on the sand, looking like a different person, empty gaze, regrets, disappointment, angers.

 

Jungkook is not doing anything when a bunch of people takes Yeri away from that place with an ambulance, Mr. Kim is also joining her and he actually looked totally pissed of at him. Well, who wouldn't?

What Yeri did back there was basically her trying to saving his life while sacrificing her own, he doesn't deserve it, people like him don't deserve that kind of sacrifice.

 

"You need to get full examination at the hospital."

 

A middle aged man is treating his wound while trying to get him up and drag him to another ambulance, they even provide a bed for him.

 

"I'm fine."

 

He can actually feels pain all over his body, he knows he is far from fine, but he's having a hard time to do anything else except staying here regretting what happened earlier. He was so close to lost Yeri and he needs time to understand why they need to suffers again and again, Both of them.

 

"The young woman from earlier is fine, we take her for a further examination, you did a great job saving her."

 

"I need to see it with my own eyes."

 

“Then you should come with us to the hospital.”

 

“Fine. Take me there.”

 

***

 

It was a rough night, Mrs. Kim can not understand what is going on when she received a call from Mr. Joo. He said Yeri got into an accident and she was told to come here right away, a top tier hospital outside the town, far away from home, she hasn’t heard anything from her husband or Jungkook.

She waited for 30 minutes before she finally can see her husband and a bunch of people entering the ER, it's already 3 AM in the morning, everyone looks tired and Yeri, her whole body is wet, she was unconscious and her face is really pale. They takes him for a treatment right away, there’s an oxygen mask attached to her.

 

"What happened?"

 

She forced one of the nurse to give her an answer but Mr. Kim hold her hand and stopping her from entering the ER.

 

"It was an accident."

 

Mr. Kim is totally disliking the idea about telling her wife about Yeri who was drowned with a brick on her back just like how Seokjin died, he's still not sure what was happened back then, and he doesn't want to believe that Yeri was trying to leave this world with the exact same way like her brother.

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"She'll be fine, she just need further treatment."

 

"She doesn't look fine."

 

Mrs. Kim start to cry when she finally realized that this whole thing is familiar, her and Mr. Kim standing in front of emergency room, looking at one of their who’s unconscious, surrounded by people she doesn't even know.

 

"Mr. Jeon!"

 

She turn her face to the entrance when she can see Jungkook was walking to their direction in a condition which is no better than Yeri, maybe even worse, because he has bruised all over his body and face, not to mention that he's also drenched.

 

"Where is she?"

 

"Jungkook-ah.."

 

"You need to get treatment first, Mr. Jeon!"

 

He looked like a mess to be honest, one of her husband’s staff is trying to hold him.

 

“Take him out.”

 

"Alright, sir."

 

Jungkook knows that Mr. Kim as Yeri's dad is definitely can not accept the fact that her daughter is on the verge of being dead because of him. He already went through this 15 years ago, and he's just making the tragedy repeated by itself.

 

"I'll stay here."

 

"Do you want what happened to your sister happened to you? Get your treatment, and get back here if they gave you permission! Out!"

 

Jungkook can not do anything, when Mr. Joo is dragging him out from that place after Mr. Kim is yelling at him. He knows the situation is hard for everyone, not only for him but it's probably worse for Yeri and her parents.

 

***

 

"Your injury is bad too, Mr. Jeon. Doctor said you need to receive a CT scan and a rontgen, they said one of your ribs is not in a good situation, don't you feel any pain?"

 

Jungkook is laying on his bed as one of the doctor examining him, he can see a red marks on his abs, it was bloated and it does feels hurt when he touched it. Mr. Joo looks really concerned.

 

"We need to treat this as soon as possible."

 

"I understand."

 

Mr. Joo is responding to the doctor remarks and Jungkook is finally able to feels the pain. It's coming from his wound but the worst one is coming from his heart.

 

Yeri promised him that everything will be ok, he never thought that she thought so little about her life. Everyone else was already made an assumptions that she was going to kill herself just like her brother. He wants to believe that was not true, but when he saw her down there..he's not even sure anymore.

 



 

 

"How is she?"

 

Mrs. Kim is running after a doctor when he finally out from the ER where Yeri was treated.

 

"She's fine for now. But we still needs more time to makes sure what happened, since she won't wake up. I'm worried about inner injury on her head. We need to see the CT scan result first."

 

Mrs. Kim is disappointed and more than anything, devastated. She never thought that Yeri's condition is bad.

She's totally loss at words. That this is happening all over again.

 

"I understand."

 

The doctor left and she find herself crying, thinking that this is probably a price she should pay for all the horrible things they did in the past. Taking over Seokjin and Sooyoung's life led them into this.

 

"We should let her kill us both back then.."

 

Mr. Kim is not amused with what his wife said but actually has zero will to argue with her.

 

"We don't know what happened."

 

"What do you mean, we don't know? She's doing it, exactly like our son!"

 

Mr. Kim is not responding to what she said anymore and decide to leave her, he walk in a very heavy steps, this is not what he wanted. He was just finally gain his family back, gain his daughter back. Why would Yeri choose to do that?

It doesn't makes sense.


***

 

"How is he?"

 

Mr. Kim is bumped to Mr. Joo who's waiting outside Jungkook's ward room.

 

"There’s a fracture on his rib, not broken but still bad, the doctor gave him painkiller and treated the wound already. It will heal in a few weeks they said . But..I think he's pretty shocked with what was going on, he's not talking, at all."

 

He watched few doctors trying to talk to Jungkook while treating his wound but he is only responding them with short words, he doesn't looked like in pain too even though his injury tell him otherwise.

 

"I'll talk to him."

 

"Alright, sir. And what about Lee Jihoon?"

 

"Press charged on him with everything you could, leave out Yeri, Jungkook and my name from this. Tell everyone both of them got into an accident while vacationing or something. Protect them, that's what you need to do."

 

"I'll work on it."
 

He let Mr. Joo walking away from him and wait for few more minutes before all the doctors and nurses is out from the room, before he came in.


"How are you doing?"

 

Jungkook is just staring at him with his doe eyes without answering his question. Things are probably harder for him since he is the one who saw everything happened in front of his eyes.

 

"It depends. How is Yeri doing?"

 

Jungkook knows something is not right when Mr. Kim is letting out a heavy sigh as he begin to take a sit next to his bed. He watch him closely before looking down and shake his head.

 

"She won't wake up."

 

"They said she is fine."

 

"I don't know, but my daughter won't wake up."

 

"She's protecting me."

 

"What happened back then?"

 

Jungkook doesn't understand why is it so hard for him to deal with this, broken ribs or not, the pain he received from watching Yeri dying is worse than that. He watched her jump off the water and it takes him seconds before he realized that he can't afford to lose her that way.

Jihoon was panicked but he's not doing anything, it was him who decide to find her first. 
It was completely dark, cold, and when he finally found her, Yeri was just drowning on it, without trying to save herself, she's keep wearing the backpack even though it was easy for her to let it go. She's not trying to swim even though she is good at it.

 

"I’m not sure”

 



 

Two days  later, everything is quite chaotic for Jungkook, Jimin and Lea is here, he told them to leave because he doesn't feels good to deal with them at time like this. Jimin looks totally worried and Lea is definitely scared with what was happened.

Irene, Jay, and Bona is also here. All of them only aware about him and Yeri got into an accident while running away from Jihoon, nobody knows about all the bad things Jihoon did to him. Mr. Kim said things like that better be hidden, and he's right. They heard about the possibilitiy of Yeri throwing herself to the ocean though.

 

"Jungkook-ssi, are you sure you're allowed to do this?"

 

Irene is totally surprise when she came here only to find Jungkook staying with Yeri who's still unconscious. She heard about his injury too, and honestly, that was really bad. She thought he needs a full bed rest for a week or something.

 

"I'm fine."

 

"He is not allowed."

 

She give a bow to Mrs. Kim when she entering the room with a cup of warm water for Jungkook to drink. Their relationship is good, and she's quite touched with how the things turned out, Yeri will be thrilled and super happy to see all of this.

 

"Thank you for taking care of the press release."

She said it to her, because honestly what Yeri's parents doing about that is really helping her and her agency. They want to keep things private and they're good at giving press release.

 

"It's for the best."

 

The press release actually stated that Yeri and Jungkook involved in minor accident while vacationing, it was a lie obviously, they don't mention Jihoon at their press release, at all. He was getting charged by other things but not this.

 

"Doctor said Yeri is fine and there is nothing wrong with her, right?"

 

Irene already talked with Jay and Bona, the doctor said there's nothing wrong with Yeri's medical condition, her CT scan and overall check up came out really well. She can breath well without any equipment, she just won't wake up. Doctor still trying to find out what is wrong, but they will need more time than two days to do that.

 

"We're still not sure."

 

Mrs. Kim's expression is changing when Irene asked her about it, Jungkook too. He's just doing nothing but watching Yeri from afar while sometimes caressing her hands. He's so pitiful.


Irene knows Yeri always talked about not being afraid to die, about how her life has no meaning and maybe her death will means nothing for others too, but she knows Yeri won't do it this way, not when she's finally came to gain her own happiness after so much sufferings, she won't let this go easy.

 

"Wake up, Kim Yeri, we have so much more things to do."

She ended up feeling hurt and talk while whispering to Yeri and caressing her cheeks. Honestly, from a closer look, she's totally fine, she looked even better than when she got sick over her break up with Jungkook few months ago. But why..

 

"Thank you for coming, Joohyun-ah."

 

She give Mrs. Kim a hug and a pat on Jungkook's shoulder, she doesn't know what was happened but judging from how he takes the situation, it is obvious that Yeri being like this because of his contribution.
 

"She will be fine, Jungkook-ssi."

 

He doesn't even answer her but nodding his head quick and back to watch Yeri while holding her hands.

 

***

 

"Everything came out great."

 

Jungkook is sitting at one corner watching the doctor explaining things to Mr and Mrs. Kim about what is going on with Yeri, which is nothing.

 

"Then why won't she wakes up?"

 

"There are things beside medical condition explanation for this kind of case."

 

"Are you saying that she refused to wake up?"

 

Everyone is focusing their eyes on Yeri when they can slowly  understand what the doctor trying to say.

 

"We can't be sure, but the possibility is there."

 

"If you came to that conclusion just because my daughter was trying to kill herself.."

 

"I said the possibility is there."

 

Jungkook is not saying anything when Mr. Kim was the one who's totally bothered by this. He’s arguing with the doctor.

 

"We're still working on it, Mr. Kim. More than anything your daughter need your supports."

 

The doctor left and everyone is being totally quiet right now.

Jungkook is aware that Yeri's parents finding it hard to deny that kind of conclusion since they already dealt with Kim Seokjin's life story before, but for him, Yeri is never like that.

 

"I'll stay the night."

 

"Both of you could leave, i'll stay."

 

"Jungkook-ah, you're a patient too."

 

"I'll be fine, i'll just sleep here."

 

"You need to rest."

 

Mrs. Kim understand why Jungkook always want to stay close with Yeri in the midst of this situation, she knows how much significant Yeri’s existence for his life is, and there's also part of him who keeps blaming himself for what happened, he feels guilty.

 

"I promise, i won't force myself. I'll ask for help if i feel any pain."

 

She looks at Mr. Kim who's slowly giving up to arguing with Jungkook, he give him a pat on his shoulder and leave the room. She's following him from behind, and Jungkook is willing to receive a hug she give, at least.

 

"It's not your fault."

 

Jungkook is flinched when Mrs. Kim tighter her hug. What she said is totally not helping him. He is at fault, completely at fault.

 

"I'll see you tomorrow."

 

He nods his head to her and she left after that.

Jungkook is back at staring at Yeri who's still laying on her bed, not moving, with her eyes closed. She actually looks like she is sleeping, for days.

 

"They said you wanted to die."

He take a sit next to her bed while holding his stomach and his pain. He knows he won't get any response or answer from Yeri since doctor said nothing is changing from her condition, but still..he wanted to know what was happened.

He hold her cold hands, and it does makes him realized that Yeri is far from fine. People said she still looks pretty on situation like this, but for him she's not. She looks pretty when she talks, laugh, smile, and arguing with him, not like this.

 

"I feel like this is your way to punished me for everything i've done to you, Kim Yeri.. You're acting like my sister right now.."

 

He has tears on his eyes and it's quite surprising even for him, he feels so much pain for the past few days and the only reason is because Yeri is not here. He already lost so much in his life, parents, family, money, friends, everything.. But what is going on right now is totally draining him.

 

"You know i rarely beg to people, but please..wake up, how can i go home when i don't even have one?"

 






 

"Remember that one time when i was using your computer and you got mad.."

 

This is probably a dream that Yeri always wanted to have. This is the first time when everything felt so real and his brother is here.

 

"You used my computer often, i don't remember which one."

 

"You're really get along with your brother.."

 

She turn her face to Sooyoung and give her a smile when she asked about her relationship with Seokjin.

 

"Of course, i love him the most, i always thought that i'll be doing everything with him forever. He is the only one matter for me, and he is the only one who treated me good."

 

Yeri is quite surprised to notice that Sooyoung is not really happy hearing what she said. They already talked about  a lots of things, and this is probably the greatest dream she ever had for years, she doesn't want anyone ruined it, not even her.

 

"You are judging me."

 

She said it without so much thoughts and Sooyoung give her a smile.

 

"We know your life was hard, Yeri-ya."

And it was Seokjin who talked to her, he’s caressing her hair slowly, and she really does missing his existence.

 

"What about my brother?"

 

"Yeri is totally surprised by the question, she never thought that Jungkook will showed up again as part of her dream. They already done with the nightmare and all the weirdo hocus pocus, she just want to stay and spend times with her brother, being happy.

 

"Doesn't he means anything?"

 

"Of course, he means a lot."

 

"Then why are you here right now?"

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"You gotta need to choose."

 

Yeri is blinking her eyes when she realized something doesn't add up about this situation. It's just a dream, right? It's not real. It's just like the usual dream she had, the magical one.

 

"Why do i need to choose?"

 

"You can stay here and there will be no more pain for you, you did well."

 

She takes a few steps back from Seokjin when he touch her shoulder slowly. This doesn't feels right.

 

"You always act like you're not afraid of death, you said you have nothing to lose."

 

Yeri finally realized that this is a nightmare when Seokjin is no longer standing in front of her.

 

it's Jihoon who’s talking to her now, he's holding his weapon and she find herself drenched with sea water.

 

“You said your life has no meaning.”

 

Yeri turn her back and she can see Irene, Jay, Bona, both of her parents , Jimin, Lea, everyone.. walking towards her, without a smile, without affections. They're chasing for her in an endless road. She's screaming for help but no one is here to save her.

It was cold and scary she ended up crying. Her heart feels hurt when she’s recalling all the memories of Jungkook and the thought of never seeing him again is completely bothering her.

She wanted to die, yes, all the time..before she met him but not anymore.


 




 

 

"Are you sure?"

Yeri can heard bunch of voices inside her head, there are lots of people and none of it are familiar.

 

"She was moving earlier, her hand."

 

She can see a gray light vision through her eyes, and someone touched her cheeks.

 

"She's awake."

 

"Kim Yeri-ssi, do you hear me?"

 

She wanted to answer him but her voice won't came out and her whole body feels so numb she can't move any muscles.

 

"Do you think we should call her family or her boyfriend?"

 

"Her parents, yes. Her boyfriend was collapsed earlier today, he need rest."

 

Yeri can heard these noises and she ended up crying when she heard they talked about her parents and Jungkook, she want to see them after what happened and her nightmare.

But she has no energy and everything went blank again for her.

 


 

 

"Good morning, Mr. Jeon."

 

Jungkook is totally dumbfounded when he has two young nurses, one male and one female surrounding him with a bunch of medicine, they're becoming more strict to him because of yesterday incident. He refused to leave Yeri side and ignoring everything they told him about resting, food, and taking his treatment, he was fainted and woke up like this.

 

"Your medicine, your breakfast, your wound won't heal itself, Mr. Jeon."

 

He's quite embarrassed by their remarks but choose to ignore them and taking all the stuffs they gave him.

 

"You need a bedrest.."

 

A knock on the door is interrupting the nurse’s voice, Jungkook move his head to see who's visiting him this early, Mrs. Kim, of course, he’s already expecting it but it's still odd to have her come for him everyday.

 

"Good morning."

The female nurse is the one who greets her while he's just nodding his head to her. She looks brighter than yesterday.

 

"Did you tell him yet?"

 

"Oh..No.. He should take his medicine first."

 

"What is it?"

 

Jungkook is quite suspicious with everyone's behaviour.

 

"Yeri woke up this morning, she's having her breakfast right now."

 

Mrs. Kim can see how much Jungkook is surprised with this news, Yeri asked about him first thing when she woke up few hours ago, and she explained thing to him about his injury and how she shouldn't have making it harder for Jungkook because he's been suffering since the day they got into the accident. They’re all agree to let Yeri and Jungkook meet after both of them strong enough, but she can not help to tell him about the good news, to less his pain.

 

"Can i take this off?"

 

She's quite surprised when Jungkook is so ready to take an IV infus the nurses gave him.

 

"No, obviously."

 

"Yeri’s condition is better than you, i'll call her over later. She is fine."

 

"I'm the one who isn't fine with this. "

 

None of them is having energy to argue with Jungkook, they're just staring at him with disbelief, thinking that he is joking, but he looks serious, dead serious.

 

"Alright, You can go after this."

 

***

 

"Jihoon is going through investigation right now, i already taking care of him, you don't need to worry."

 

Yeri is thankful more than anything that her dad is willing to help her without she asked.

 

"Thank you."
 

She watched her father left his seat after give her a pat on her shoulder.

 

"He's here."


She can heard what he said lightly when she saw Jungkook standing in front of her room, he doesn't looks good just like how her parents told her this morning. They said he was injured badly after what happened, and now that she saw him, it shows.

She changes her focus to her mom behind him who looks worried and exhausted while trying to hold Jungkook by his arms.

 

"What is going on?"

 

"He needs a bed rest. You should told Yeri to come instead."

 

"She needs rest too."

 

Yeri find it funny that both of her parents arguing over something like this. She never expecting this.

 

Jungkook came to her in a quick steps before he gave her a hug, a tight one, a relieving one. He does hugging her awkwardly because of his injury, she can see it clearly, all the bandage inside his uniform. But it is still warm, Jungkook and all his affections for her is always a great thing.

 

"I'm really sorry."

She said sorry to him because she knows how much troubles and pains he needs to get through because of her and what she did. He's not answering but letting go of his hug, staring at her closely.

 

"I have so many things to ask you, but i'll let you rest, we'll talk again later."

There's something from his tone of talk that makes her uncomfortable but it's all gone when he takes her closer for a kiss. It's still as good as how she remembers it.

She give him a smile when she's done with it.

 

"I like it, that you kissed me in front of my parents."

 

"Why?"

 

Both of them talk in a very tiny voice, since they know they're not alone in this room.

Yeri can catch both of her parents from the corner of her eye. They do seems relieved but also not exactly happy either, just like Jungkook.

 

"No, nothing."

 

She give Jungkook another hug before her mom is walking to her and touch her shoulder slowly.

 

"You need rest."

 

She talks to Jungkook for sure, and Yeri is not upset, she's thankful that both of her parents can treat him like he is a human whose life was ruined by their own mistake in the past. admitting that what they did was no good and trying to made it up for him.

 

"She is right. I'll see you later."

 

Yeri is caressing Jungkook's hand and her mother is holding him while helping him walk. It's not easy to see him like this, wounded, injured, but it's harder to see him struggling with his own mind, she knows he has something bothering his mind, his behaviour to her is weird, she just doesn't know what was it.

 

"It's weird, right? To see your own fear saving my life?"

 

She looks at her dad who's closing the door after Jungkook and her mom left. What she said is quite bad, and she can see that Mr. Kim is bothered by it.

 

"I don't know." But she really is surprised when her dad is not angry or offended by it.

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"You tried to kill yourself, Yeri-ya.."

 

"I didn't"

 

"Did you really?"

 

Yeri is having a mental breakdown when she realized that her dad is probably not completely wrong. She’s vividly remember the night she fell into the deep sea when she does nothing to escape from the dark, cold, and suffocating water.

She can see her dad feels a little bit guilty for talking to her about this, but she also can see how much that thoughts bothering him.

 

"It's good if that wasn't the case, i had a hard time because of this, so maybe it's more for Jungkook. You should talk to him."

 

***

Jungkook stare at the clock on his room, it's barely 8PM but all the doctors and nurses already told him to go bed, he has a long day of therapy and another full body check ups, he was going to see Yeri before the day ends but everybody said no. They said Yeri also having her own treatment today.

Makes sense, she's basically in a coma for days, some people already treat her as a corpse, and then she wakes up, bright and probably not aware about what people said regarding her.

 

"Are you sleeping?"

He decided to open his eyes again when a sore voice is talking to him from outside his room. He walks to the door and open it, Yeri is here, she can walk better than him and she looks even better than this morning.

 

"You're not allowed to do this, right?"

He's worried if Yeri ignoring her doctor suggestion and came here without his consent. It could be dangerous.

 

"No, they said i'm fine, my ribs are not broken."

 

He's smiling at what she said but she doesn't.

 

"Can i talk to you? I know i should've let you rest, but i can not wait."

 

"Sure. Come in.."

 

Yeri is walking ahead him, she looked uncomfortable and the next thing he knows she is crying, she's staring at him with tears on her eyes.

 

"I wasn't trying to kill myself."

 

Her voice is shaking and it is enough to makes Jungkook speechless, he's not expecting this conversation happens this fast, and the fact that she is crying making him even more taken aback.


 

"I wanted to die, yes. For so many years, i wasn't afraid. I told people that i don't care about being dead because my life was a complete misery and it'll probably better if i stopped living on it. I was just holding it, because of my hatred to my brother and for what he did. I always wanted to die.."

 

"I don't think i want to hear this."

 

Yeri stopped talking immediately when Jungkook talk to him in a very tiny voice, she can barely heard him. He throw himself to his bed, sitting on it, staring at the floor, looking down, and covering his own face.

 

"I always wanted to die, but not that night."

 

She's kneeling in front of Jungkook in hope to see his face clearly, he hide his face from her and she can see how tired his face is from a closer look like this.

 

"I saw you..You were there, like how you told me about your brother, with that stupid backpack and brick, not moving nor trying to save yourself..You were dying on my hand!"

 

She takes a few steps back from him when he talk with a higher tone and she hates it.

 

"I'm sorry."

 

He is the one who said sorry first, but Yeri is already too disappointed to response him.
Out of all people in this whole world, isn't Jungkook supposed to be the only one who trust her?


She can understand if everyone thought she hates her life and decide to kill herself just like how Seokjin dies, her parents allowed to think that she did it for revenge, Irene, Jay and Bona also allowed to think she did it because she is tired, but Jungkook? After all the times they spent  together?

She put his life above her own and whatever happened is out of her control. even though it's true that she wasn't trying to save herself when she had a chance, it's happened because of other things, the nightmare, Seokjin, Sooyoung but not her own will.

 

"I couldn’t do anything. I reminded of my brother and i think i just want to feels what he felt before he died so i did that.”


"What are you talking about?"

 

Yeri use her hands and hugging herself trying to hold her tears because she doesn't actually want to talk about this right now, but Jungkook is making her to.

 

“I saw him..on my nightmare.”

 

“What nightmare?”

 

"My nightmare, me being chased, the horrible things, the one like reality.."

 

"When?"

 

"I'm not sure, i woke up this morning with my usual routine of being tortured by it."

 

She's being sarcastic and Jungkook stop responding to her words. He's avoiding her eyes and keep looking down while sometimes rubbing his rib, he can feels pain again.

 

"Lee Jihoon was there, my brother, your sister, my parents, Bona, Jay, Lea, everyone was there.."

 

"How? It's usually me who's bothering you through that."

 

Jungkook talk to her while smiling, his voice is shaking, looks like he still feels guilty over what happened to her, including her nightmare and he feels worse when he realized that the only thing he did after she woke up is blaming her for everything.

 

"You..were not there surprisingly."

 

He is staring at Yeri who's now hiding her face and standing quite far away from him.

 

"I was so scared and the only one i want was to see you. You're the only one with capability to help me. Why would i wanted to die? Are you seriously thinking that you were nothing to me after all of this?"

 

"I..i'm not sure, everyone already lost hope for you and they told me you were doing this because of our past.."

 

"I'm not him! I already told you for so many times, i'm not my brother!"

 

Jungkook is totally surprise when she find Yeri is crying even harder than before and screaming at him, she still weak and he's worried about her condition. He gets up and trying to reach for her.

 

"I don't want to die, i'm scared when i jumped off the water..i'm afraid i will lose a chance to have a new life and losing you because of what happened."

 

He takes her to his embrace slowly when she's covering her face and hiding it from him.

 

"You shouldn't have done that if you were scared."

 

He put his chin on top of her head and patting her back which is totally shaking. She doesn't stop crying or hugging him back even when he's linking his arms on her and hugging her tighter. With that only, he knows Yeri is upset, so he decide to wait before he's trying to talk with her again.

Yeri is using her hand to wipe her tears, and since Jungkook hugging her, she doesn't need to hide her face, he can't see it anyway. She's trying to calm herself down while taking a deep breath, she open her eyes and Jungkook's wound on his rib is distracting her, it still looked painful even after a few days. Her dad told her that Jungkook saved her life back then, if she was scared then it's probably worse for him.

 

"Can i talk, right now?"

 

Yeri is looking at him when he begin to talk again as soon as she's trying to free herself from his hug. She's not answering him and he takes her hand before he made her touch his cheeks. It was cold enough for Yeri to pull her hand from him.

Jungkook told her to take a sit on his bed while he's leaning his back on the wall and sighing.

 

"You were a good swimmer, i knew it from when i learned about your old project, i was thankful to you when you're trying to help me from Jihoon, you will be fine, that's what i thought.."

 

She's becoming embarrassed by his remarks, because that was her thought too, but the reality turns out differently.

 

"I was waiting for you to came out, every seconds was a torture for me, it hurts me more than all the pains i felt. You never showed up."

 

"I'm sorry."

 

The apology came out almost automatically, she doesn't know why but she feels Jungkook should hear that.

 

"The rescuer told me that you're not breathing when i get you out from there. I saw them trying everything to wake you up, i feel hopeless, it will be better for me to think that i killed you, but it's not. I saw you did nothing to save yourself back then.."
 

Yeri was going to say something but she decide to shut when Jungkook shed some tears, not her first time seeing him like this, but it still hurts everytime.

 

"And you won't wake up for days."

 

"Don't cry."

 

At least Yeri is able to telling him that. He listen to her and use his left hand to wipe his small amount of tears.

 

"That was not my first time, someone i really care trying to leave me, you reminded me of my sister. No matter how the way they died, both of them still thinking spending time with me in this world is not worthy. I had those kind of thoughts for days..So i was ruined like that. Everything will just going back to a circle if you leave me alone like my sister."

 

Looks like her wish for Jungkook about not wanting to see him cry is not going to happen soon when he sit on the couch across the room, looking down, and shed even more tears. She can understand his fear, he went through this situation once and having another one will probably break him.
 

Yeri is watching him quite a while and when she realized that he already lost his will to talk, she bring herself to him, taking a sit next to him, watching Jungkook closely.

 

"I don't like seeing you cry." She reach out to him, linking her arms on his and caressing it.

 

"I'm the only one who allowed to cry on this relationship, you know how to make me stop but i don't."

 

She talks while making him turns to her and bring his face closer.

 

"You're the only reason why i jumped off from that boat and also the reason why i'm here right now, i want to see you often for a long time, so don't get scared over something like that, Mr. Jeon."

 

That's a really good thing to say, and it is actually enough to makes Jungkook feels better after days of pain because Yeri won't wake up from her coma.

 

"I love you so much that's why i refused to die."

 

Yeri is smiling when she can see one little smile from Jungkook, he still looks good even when he's crying but he looked the best with a smile. She give him a kiss but accidentally touch his wound and he pushed her away.

 

"Come on..just a second."

 

"It's really hurt, i'm not lying."

 

He close his eyes and Yeri take a glimpse of his wound.

 

"Let me see it."

 

She open his shirt slowly and it does looks bad, Jihoon hit him for so many times at that spot.

 

"Come here."

He told her to come closer as he stand up, Yeri is shaking her head, because she's afraid she'll just make his wound becoming worse.

 

It takes her by surprise when he's the one who start kissing her and takes her hand to let her touch his wound slowly. He's not flinching like before and there's a smile on his lips when he stopped what he's doing.

 

"I saved your life and ended up with this, i deserve a reward for it."

 

"What kind of reward?”

 

Yeri is laughing when he touched her back and start kissing her neck like how he usually used to do while teasing her. She’s avoiding it quite well and laugh at him when he looked a little bit disappointed.

 

“I'm not the type of person who's going to have with her sick boyfriend."

 

"Really? That's disappointing."

 

Yeri is pretty when she laughed because of his teasing, her face is pale since this morning, but it's getting better now that Jungkook is able to hear her laugh and her exciting voice.

 

"It depends actually, but at least not with a boyfriend whose ribs are broken."

 

"Fair enough."

 

"Seriously though, what do you want? You do deserve a reward. "

 

He let Yeri play with his hair, ruffling it and caressing it, like he is a young boy.

 

"Tell me about the nightmare."

 

She stopped right away and her expression is changing, the nightmare must be bad because she looks uncomfortable talking about it.

 

“It’ll take long..and it’s already late.”

 

“You can sleep with me, here.”

 

"I can't, you know how i sleep, i'll just hurting you and makes your injury get worse."

 

"Then just talk about the nightmare."

 

Yeri is not saying anything, her eyes are shaking so he give her another kiss to makes her feels better.

 

"We're in this together since day one, even though i don't have it anymore, doesn't means you need to deal with it alone."

 

"I don't even want to deal with it, not alone, not with you."

 

"I asked for my reward, the only thing you need to do is fulfilled it."

 

Jungkook is always able to find a perfect time to use his power and his strong presence as intimidating person to her. She won't be able to say no because of that.

 

"What do you want to know?"

 

"Everything."

 

***

 

Telling Jungkook about her nightmare is actually not hard, because he knows how that feel to actually trapped in that and tortured by all the weird things inside it. She was crying when she told him about the part where Seokjin and Sooyoung showed up, maybe that's why she won't wake up, because she was happy to see them again.

 

"I didn’t have thoughts about you before your sister asked me. I was so ready to leave everything behind, just like how i said it since long time ago."

 

"Why?"

 

Yeri is doing nothing when Jungkook wipe her tears with his hand and tell her to drink some water.

 

"Do you know how many times i walked around telling people how i'm not afraid with my own death for the past 15 years?"

 

"I don't, but i know it's a lot, everyone was basically losing hope for you when you were unconscious."

 

"I'm afraid of it, now. I don't want to go anywhere if you were not there."

 

That's sound so childish and probably sounds weird plus clingy for anyone who hear that, but Yeri can not lie, at least not to Jungkook.

 

"I'm flattered but also burdened."

 

"Sorry"

 

"Don't be..

 

“Why?”

 

“It's good that you can't hear what i said when you were sleeping, i beg you to wake up for countless times. I was so desperate to the point that i'm hating myself for being such a noob."
 

Yeri is smiling because she remember what she found on his room this morning.

Mr. Kim..well..he is super protective so he attached this device to record voice, noise or anything on her ward room since the cctv doesn't provide audio. She can hear what Jungkook said from that. And she already knows everything, he was desperate indeed.

 

"It's nice to know that someone sees me that way, Thank you for that."

 

Jungkook is smiling at her when Yeri said thank you with a bright expression.

 

"I've done so many wrongdoings in my life, and half of that is probably done to you, since we were young and later."

 

He shakes his head slowly, and his smile is becoming wider and prettier.

 

"Being unconscious for days was the worst thing you could've done to me. It's even worse than when you were threatened my life with a fake gun."

 

Yeri is taking a deep breath and help Jungkook fix his sleep position so he won't hurt his wound even more, giving him a smile.

 

"I won't be here forever, so do you, Jungkook-ssi. We both knows that better than anyone."

 

"We're still allowed to change and treat each other good, even after what happened to our life before this."

 

Yeri stopped what she's doing because this conversation feels familiar somehow. She's blinking her eyes trying to remember from where she got this feeling. All her efforts is distracted by Jungkook who come to her for a quick kiss and ruffling her hair before he's back to his position laying down on his bed.

 

"Let's try to go back home for one last time."