Twenty Two

Heimwee ( /ˈɦɛi̯mʋeː/ ) Pt.2

"It's my life, why would you do this?"
 

Yeri is being totally rude to Irene when she called her to let her know that she'll release the news about her relationship with Jungkook in a few hours. Her agency will told the public and media that she already broke up with Jungkook, and she has nothing to do with whatever mess he has right now.

 

"It's for your own good."

 

"It's a fake news."

 

"You kept saying it's a fake news, then tell your boyfriend to prove his innocence, he was dragged into the mud and he doesn't even care about it at all?"

 

She turn her face to the door when someone open it. It's Jungkook.

 

"I'll talk to you later."

 

She cut the phone call immediately, afraid if he will hear what is going on, it will just burdened him even more. She give him a smile and trying so hard to hide her expression, she was sad, frustrated, confused, scared.

 

"Did you eat yet?"  She asked him that question quickly while putting some makeup on her face. She needs to go to Irene and trying to convince her more.

 

"Not yet."

 

"You should eat. I'll ask Nana to prepare something for you before i left."

 

Jungkook is still standing at the door, he's leaning into it while watching her closely.

 

"Where are you going?"

 

"The agency..i have something to do."

 

She's done with her make up and walk to him with a smile and give a kiss on his cheeks as she's trying to left her room.

 

"Can i coming with you?"

 

"No, you'll get bored. I won't be long, it's just.."

 

She stopped talking when Jungkook is not blocking her way anymore and opening the door for her. She thought he'll be determined about coming with her but he's easy to persuade. Yeri is a little bit disappointed, because she actually scared to do this alone and the thought of having Jungkook together with her is great, she just doesn't want to told him anything because she's afraid, she’ll just added another problem for him to think of.

 

"Alright then."

 

 

Jungkook know for sure something is wrong, he just doesn't know what it is. Yeri is great at acting and if he doesn't her knows better he'll actually think everything is fine. It's just the way she talks, it reminds him to her dad earlier. They have a similar way at hiding their concerns.

He's totally surprised when Yeri suddenly walking back to him with tears on her eyes, she's not crying yet, she's just staring at the floor, looking down and holding his arms weakly.

 

"I have a problem." She said that words quick, Jungkook almost not catch it.

 

"What is it?"

 

"I don't want to burden you with this.."

 

"You should've think about it before you came to me with so much tears like this."

 

He is right.

 

"Sorry."

 

"What is it?"

 

"My agency.."

 

"They want you to stay away from me?"

 

"They're going to release news about me, tell everyone that i have nothing to do with your problems. They’re basically told me to lie and to hide, What is happening to you right now is completely my fault..I don't want to run away from it."

 

Yeri lift her face and Jungkook is using his hands to wipe her tears while giving her a hug.

 

"I'll find a way out. I think your agency is doing a great job on protecting you and your image."

 

"My image is already bad since i started my celebrity life, it's not really necessary for them to do that."

 

Mr. Kim is out from his office only to find Yeri crying and Jungkook is trying to makes her stop. He doesn't know what bothers her, but he manage to see a wide smile from her when Jungkook talked to her while caressing her back. He never see her smile in real life for years, the only thing he did when he wants to see her happy was watching her movies, drama or CF where she continuously faking it.

 

"Kim Yeri !"

 

Yeri looks at Mr. Kim, when he's calling her over from downstairs. He's getting ready to work with his bag and his suit as usual.

 

"Why?"

 

"I'm going to work in 15 minutes, if your friend want to join."

 

It's a shocking statement, Yeri is not doing anything when her dad is out from the house. She stare at Jungkook who actually as surprised as she is.

 

"What did you say to him earlier?"

 

"I said a lot of things."

 

"Can you please go with him? "  

 

He shakes his head.

 

"You said you'll find a way out. He is your best chance, Mr. Jeon.”

 

She's trying to push him but Jungkook is giving her a glare and she stopped immediately, maybe it's not a good choice. What if something bad happened to one of them, or worse, to both of them?

 

"I'm sorry, you don't need to go if you don't want to."

 

"I'll go."

 

"Really?"

 

"If you want me to."

 

Yeri is smiling and walking with him to the front door. His car, his dad and Mr. Joo is already outside, waiting for Jungkook who totally uncomfortable with this for obvious reasons.

 

"I'll take my own car."

He talk to Mr. Joo without looking at him and Yeri is really thankful to him for doing this. She waves her hand when both of the car out from the gate. What kind of fantasy is this..

 



 

 

Yeri is not lying about Mr. Kim office being luxurious. It's next level grande compared to what Jungkook had in Sky. He take a sit in front of a huge desk belong to Mr. Kim, since he has his placard name on it.

 

"It was true that Mr. Lee has an agreement with Tron regarding your position at Sky Creative. They didn't just opposed your position as CEO, they want you out from Sky, and Mr. Lee agreeing to that condition. They promised him a great deal. I don't know what you did to Tron but they really despise you for that."

 

"I protected your daughter, that's what i did."

 

Mr. Kim is laughing at him while taking few documents from his drawer. His laugh is happening because he’s genuinely amused but also a little bit thankful and relieved.

 

"You protected your girlfriend. If you see her as my daughter, you will know i can provide a greater protection than you ever gave her."

 

"Are you sure?"

 

He's becoming quiet when Jungkook is the one who attack him with that question.

 

"Lee Jihoon framed you, but his uncle also give him resources and networking."

 

"I knew it. Those trash."

 

Jungkook is opened the file and skimming the document, he doesn't even know how Yeri's dad could lay his hand on these confidential and private communication between Tron, Mr. Lee and Jihoon, he's just so amazed by the way he did this thoroughly.

 

"Yeri told me to find out about what is happening to you and i did my best."

 

Mr. Kim catch Jungkook's confusion and he explaining it to him shortly.

 

"And for your assault case. I have the cctv record, I already makes sure no one else having this. It was a full footage, Lee Jihoon is totally beating you up on this, we can tell the media what was happened in reality, debunking all the news report which cornered you and clean your name."

 

"Why are you doing this? I'm really sorry but if you did this to get on a Kim Yeri's good side, if you want to makes her happy.."

 

"I'm doing this for you."

 

Mr. Kim is done with his computer and now looking at Jungkook again who completely can not wrap his head to what he said earlier.

 

"You technically never receive my money, so i'm doing this for you. I really think i made a mistake to you, Mr. Jeon. This is not for my daughter, i can do so much more for her than this."

 

“You actually can do so much things to my sister, too.”

 

Jungkook knows that no matter how hard he’s trying to accommodate the situation and his perception of Mr. Kim, even after he’s trying to trust him for the sake of Yeri. Everything will just go back to such a complicated feeling of disappointment, rage, hatred, and regrets.

He’s not moving from his position when Mr. Kim is out from his desk and opening a door from behind his desk. It’s an empty office room. Big, luxurious. definitely build and decorated with so much care.

 

“I prepared that room for my son, i waited my whole life to finally have him sitting there, doing works, an old man can not do.”

 

Jungkook is a little bit brave because of his hatred for him so he enters the room and Mr. Kim is not stopping him. He knows the office is still taken care of really well, despite the supposedly owner been gone for 15 years.

 

“Did you really bothers my sister because of this?”

 

He can’t believe it, It’s true that his family and Sooyoung was poor and she’s totally not a suitable for Seokjin at that time, but come on.. This is just ridiculous, he should just take his son away without giving a false hope to his sister like that.

 

“No, i didn’t. I don’t bother with the fact that my son falling in love with your sister at all, i don’t care if she bring you to my family and i should paid for your life forever. Money is never the problem.”

 

“Then what?”

 

“He neglected his responsibilities as my son to be with your sister.”

 

Mr. Kim close the door and Jungkook slowly can understand reasons about why he did that. He feels betrayed. He has too many expectation for his son and when Seokjin failed to fulfilled that, he became angry, his sister was just a victim from his angers.
He’s sure if at that time he was the one who came to him and asking for Yeri, he won’t do anything , because he never have expectation for Yeri as his daughter to do something huge.

He’s probably a great businessman but he’s definitely a bad parent.

 

“And you’re still asking why your own son killed himself?”

 

“No, i know it was my fault. I never thought what i did to your sister was a mistake until Yeri, my thirteen years old daughter calling me a murderer in front of everyone..”

 

“At the hospital when your son was..”

 

“How did you know?”

 

Jungkook is totally surprised when he realized that he just talk to him without thinking much, it was his dream. He saw him on his dream.

 

“Yeri told me.”

 

“Of course, she is.”

 

Mr. Kim is laughing at him and back to his sit, he looks totally tired and exhausted, so different with what he remembers from that dream.

 

“I always thinking that my greatest mistake was making Seokjin and Sooyoung no longer alive, until you and Yeri came to me, 15 years later.”

 

“Why?”

 

“I met both of you when you were trying to ruin each other life, in such a horrible way, a way people like me couldn’t even think about and i realized my biggest mistake isn’t taking away your sibling's life but creating a monster within you.”

 

“We’re not dead.”

 

“And you have no will to live either, your only goal was to do a revenge, and after that? meanwhile Yeri’s… i was worried i'll lose her any time because i know she has no reason to live.”

 

Mr. Kim knows Jungkook can not deny what he said because he can see from his eyes that he’s agreeing with him.

 

“I’ll try to trust you too. If my daughter believing in you that much and you gave her a will to stay with me for a long time. I have no reason to doubt you.”


 




 


 

"I don't understand you at all, Yeri-ya."

 

"Unnie..he is still my boyfriend, and i don't want to leave him just like that."

 

Irene is covering her face and give Yeri a glare.

 

"I didn't tell you to leave him, i just tell you to broke up with him for a public stunt, did you see all these rumors and issues about you and him being a criminal and stuffs?"

 

"I don't want to do it, not even for public stunt. If i'm doing this, it's like i’m agreeing with what people said about him, when i'm not. He’s not assaulting people, it was a fight, and he was injured too, I was there, Unnie. I know everything."

 

"No, stop. Don't going around telling people you were there. It's just going to makes everything more complicated."

 

Yeri is stubborn and trying to talk with her about this will be useless. Irene knows it better than anyone.

 

“Excuse me, Ms. Bae."

 

Both of them staring at the door when one of the staff is coming to them with a bunch of print out from various news outlets. Yeri stare at it and read it quick together with Irene.

 

"What is this again?"

 

Irene is totally dumbfounded, what she read is basically a report, a long one about Jungkook's assault accusation which is debunked with tons of proves, CCTV record and screen capture where he was beaten up, the journalist basically takes his side and calling out all the yesterday news as fake report.

 

"There are lots of articles being written since this morning, our staff still looking for it, just in case Yeri's name mentioned by the journalist."

 

"Lee Jihoon? This guy is Lee Jihoon? You're friends with him too, right?"

 

She takes another paper from Irene's hand and read it carefully. This one article is basically exposing what Jihoon did, not just about he made Jungkook injured but also all things he ever done. This journalist is literally ruining him through this article, not to mention that he's working on a popular program which was widely loved by public so the interests for his issues is huge. Most of the reaction is negative obviously, there's also a random post from his former worker who called him temperamental. This is even worse than what happened to Jungkook yesterday. She feels sorry to him.

 

"This one is new."

 

Another staff come to them with another pile of print out, Yeri is taking one from her hand quickly. It's about Sky, there's a report that stated Jungkook is indeed fired because of the assault issue and even though the news already debunked, he won’t coming back to his position as a CEO.

 

"Well, your boyfriend started the fight first, but he's lucky that Jihoon is more violent than him and having so much more dirts on his past."

 

Irene is taking all the paper and back to her seat while sighing. Yeri is still trying to understand everything. It is definitely her father doing, obviously, but why..

 

"What about Yeri?"

 

"Nothing, different from yesterday, no news outlet mentioned her name at all."

 

"Alright then, you can go."

 

Yeri is waiting until everyone else left before she start talking to Irene again.

 

"Unnie, i think my father is responsible for this."

 

"Since when you let your father intervene on your life? you even told me to lies about his existence to everyone, for years, you were mad when they were exposed.."

 

"Not my life. It's Jeon Jungkook's."

 

"Did you ask him for help?"

 

"I did, but he said he won't do it unless Jungkook asking him to do that."

 

Irene is suddenly interested with everything Yeri said to her. She never imagine that Yeri will involving her family on her life this much. She already asked Yeri about asking her parents help for her career or the agency but she always said no.

 

"Then, he probably asked for it."

 

"My boyfriend is too prideful and they're not in a good relationship..even though he did went with him this morning.."

 

Yeri doesn't really understand this, she was just trying to makes Jungkook get close with her dad but not to this extent, not this fast, she also feels bad to Jihoon because his life is basically ruined now by her.

 

"Unnie, don't release any news about me, alright?"

 

"Of course, with all this release coming from your boyfriend's side…”

 

Yeri is taking her coat and the only thing she wanted right now is to see Jungkook and asking him about this. She's trying to call him on her way but he's not picking it up, an unknown number is calling her instead. She takes the phone and nobody is talking.

 

"Hello? Who is it?"

 

She's waiting for few seconds more but decide to hang up when the caller says nothing. She stare at her phone and a message from Jungkook is finally pop up on the screen, he said he's at his apartment.

***

 

Yeri arrived at Jungkook's place 30 minutes later, she decide to knock on the door because she remember the last time she was here, she's hitting this door like a crazy person, to the point a security needs to get her out, it was quite a bad experience.

The door opened really quick, and Jungkook is there, he looks nice, not angry or annoyed means Mr. Kim is not bothering him.

 

"What is going on?"

 

"I found my way out."

 

"Did you ask him to help you, this morning you still hates that idea."

 

"No, i didn't. He offered his help."

 

"How?"

 

Jungkook is offering her a glass of fresh juice to her, he just made it.

 

"What about you?"

 

"I could make another one, you drink it."

 

Yeri is smiling at him while taking a seat on the couch. She's looking around until Jungkook is back with another glass of juice and take a sit next to her.

She waited until Jungkook finished her drink before she grab his hands before she talk to him again.

 

"Tell me everything."

 

"We had it planned, me and your dad."

 

"Why?"

 

"He said he's doing this as a compensation for his mistake to me."

 

"He should've take responsibility of your life as a compensation."

 

"He said, you can do it for him and i agree."

 

Yeri is staring at him, at least she doesn’t need to deal with his dad who against Jungkook in her life, but still..it’ doesn’t feels right.

 

"Lee Jihoon..you exposed him.”

 

“That’s the only way to make him stopped, he’ll probably come for you so, let me know if that happened.”
 

Yeri still not agreeing with his approach about it but she doesn’t want to argue with him. She’ll just see Jihoon and checking his situation by herself.
 

“Are you ok with my dad? I mean..after what we've done to you and to your sister."

 

She’s trying to makes her question sounds normal while changing the topic of their conversation.

 

"I think i'm hating him less than before because he is your father, your relationship with him is good too right now."

 

Yeri looks so happy, her eyes are bright and it makes Jungkook feels a little bit better after receiving a call from Mr. Lee who's totally angry with what he did. He can't accept the fact that Jungkook exposing Jihoon and all the bad things he had done because Mr. Lee already worked so hard to cover it up for the past year to protect his family's name, and now everybody is aware about it, including his employees, his clients, his friends, everyone. He was threatened him.

 

"My father..he never actually bad. I was hating him to run away from my own guilt over my brother's death. I was the last one who talked to him before he decide to kill himself, i could have talked to him or changed his mind but i didn't. I was too scared to blame myself so i did it to my parents, my dad especially because of your sister too. It's easier that way."

 

“He told me that he did what he did to my sister not because he hates the fact that she is poor, he just afraid something will happen to his son because of her. It was really annoying to hear that but i don't know, i feel sorry for him, he was blinded by power, money, and those stuffs just like me."

 

"When my brother's gone, i heard my dad crying alone every night for weeks.”

 

Yeri never told anyone about this before, right after Seokjin died, there are times when she can't sleep at night and decide to roaming around the house and she'll find his dad crying at his office. She should've feel bad to him but she wasn't, she was becoming more angry and disappointed at him.

 

"Since i was a kid, my dad always favored my brother instead of me. Seokjin oppa listened to him really well, I'm not close with my parents, my brother is the one who always taking care of me, and when he died, seeing my father regretting it, it was totally pissing me off, he can't even treat me nice, why would he takes away the one who can, my brother.."

 

She can't believe that she's actually holding these kind of feelings for 15 years without telling anyone.

 

"He gave me the money because he knew we were met."

 

"I know, Mr. Joo told me about it this morning. He said my father was afraid you will recognized me and told me about all the bad things he'd done to your sister, when in fact i already know about all of it, not everything, but most of it."

 

"Did your brother know?"

 

Yeri is taking a deep breath because telling Jungkook this needs more courage and there's a chance for him to not taking the truth well.

 

"He didn't."

 

She studied his expression and he looks surprised, dumbfounded too.

 

"At that time, my brother was burdened by expectation from my family, he was studied really hard with a private tutor, he'll take internship at my dad's office, attending party and formal meeting, being introduced as a heir from those huge corporation, That’s the only way to makes my dad happy and stop controlling him about your sister, he did it for her."

 

There's a silent coming from Jungkook as he's trying to understand every word Yeri said to him.

 

"My sister didn't tell him about it at all?"

 

"No, she did not. That's why i was so angry when you were talking trash about my brother. He is not a bad person, at all."

 

"And you didn't tell him either."

 

"I didn't."

 

Yeri is definitely scared with how Jungkook will take this confession, he probably knew about it already, she’s just not sure, she want to tell him everything now.

 

"I knew about my father telling her about the college admission thing..how he pushed her and burdened her using my brother, but i never told Seokjin oppa about that."

 

"You were jealous of my sister, that's why you lied to him.."

 

"I'm really sorry."

 

Jungkook is getting up from his sit and walking away from her. She walks to him and he just looks so sad, he's staring at the empty living room while his eyes are wandering, she reach for his hand and holding it tight.

 

"Did you know what i said to my sister when i learned about her plan to chase your brother that way?"

 

She shakes her head and he give her a smile.

 

"I called her selfish. I asked her what is she going to do with my future when the only thing she care was hers.."

 

She doesn't know how to react to this, that was such a bad thing to say to your sister but she really has no right to judge Jungkook about it, because she's basically treating her brother the same way.

 

"I always got angry whenever my sister went home and talked about what she did for your brother, i was annoyed when she told me about buying you a birthday gift, i was angry..."

 

"Right now, you were trying to blame yourself about what happened to your sister, but when i was you on my dream, you were happy when your sister made you a tiny room, you were worried that she got tired and always feels sorry to her for being demanded too much. It's not your fault."

 

Yeri is standing in front of him, moving her hands from his arms to his shoulder, she touch it lightly and Jungkook is smiling at her, he takes her closer and giving her a hug, resting his head on her shoulder.

 

"It's only fair if we both admit that's what happened between them is our fault too. I'm done running away, blaming your family about this for 15 years when a little part of me is aware that i did this to her, so do you. You need to stop blaming your parents too."

 

She lets him go from her embrace and what he said is quite making her emotional, she did makes a mistake to his brother that leading him to his death, she act like a trash all the time because she's afraid she'll repeating the same mistake to others. It's time to letting go of him and stop using him as a reason to whatever happened on her life.

 

"I will."

 

She's hugging him again, tighter this time and she really is thankful that she falls in love with him and not anyone else. Jungkook will understand her past and what she felt better than anyone.

 

***

 

"Are you sure he'll be home, Mr. Park?"

 

"I mean, where else could he be, Lea."

 

Jimin is arrived in front of Jungkook's door and he pressed the doorbell on repeat. His friend has been missing for 2 days without any news, and all the articles released..it’s quite shocking, he doesn’t know Jungkook can do things like that. Jimin is totally confused even though he's happy that his friend is not really in a bad situation right now.

 

"Maybe we should call first before we came here.'

 

"Lea, he is ignoring us."

 

Jimin is pressing the doorbell once again and finally the door opened.

 

"You ."

 

He is happy to see Jungkook is fine, but he is also really angry with the way he's behaving. Lea nod her head to Jungkook and give him a smile.

 

"Where have you been? I called you for a hundred times already and.."

 

Jimin is totally not expecting this, Kim Yeri is here.

 

"What is going on?"

 

It's Lea, the first one who talks to Yeri, she looks more disappointed than him, for obvious reason.

Yeri is actually surprised when Lea talks to her in such a rude way, she even walks to her directions. She made tons of mistake, she admit it but she’s still not used with her who's acting like this.

 

"What is she doing here?"

 

She stare at Jungkook, hoping for some supports and protections but he's already cornered by Jimin who totally unamused with her being here too.

 

"Lea!"

 

Everyone's eyes are on Jungkook when he pushed Jimin away and walking fast to chase Lea who suddenly out from the apartment.
Well..it is awkward now because she literally being left alone with Jimin who's clearly disliking her.

 

"We met again, here."

 

Jimin is the one who started a conversation and Yeri only replying it with a nervous smile. She made so much mistake and she knows how Jimin feels about her. Not his fault.

 

"What is your plan right now?"

 

He is being extremely sarcastic and even though she knows she deserves it, it still makes her really annoyed.

 

"I know what you're thinking about me, but i'm no longer like that."

 

"A manipulative, cruel, crazy, trashy human being, who tortured my best friend again and again. 15 years ago and today. Are you telling me you're no longer like that? It was just yesterday when Jungkook's life almost ruined because of you.."

 

"I won't do anything to him, i have no plan, i know i made a mistake but i already learn how to not do that again."

 

Jimin is looking so much stressed out and he ended up sitting in front of her while letting out a heavy sigh.

 

"No, really. You gotta let him go."

 

"I can't."

 

Jimin actually never see Yeri as a bad person, he was so thankful at her especially at the beginning of her relationship with Jungkook when he saw how much happier and positive his personality was after spending time with her. But the situation is no longer like that, they tangled in a complicated past, he knows Yeri was also hurt by her relationship with Jungkook for time to time. He see no future for them.

 

"Many people are hating Jungkook and disliking him, lots of them already made an attempt to hurt him but nothing from them was worked, he was lied, betrayed, hated, but no one ever close to hurt him, but you..you're more than capable, Yeri-ssi.."

 

Yeri looks really guilty over what he said and she takes a sit in front of him, her eyes are teary.

 

"You really need to trust me. He is important for me and i promise you.."

 

"I found it hard to believe in you.."

 

Jimin is taking a deep breath and giving her a sarcastic smile, while sweep his hair back.

 

"You don't even know how he lived his life, I was the one who stay with him and watch everything !"

 

"And you also don't know how i lived mine, Jimin-ssi."

 

This is totally weird, Yeri should've beg to him to let her close with Jungkook but she decide to argue with him and trying to pick a fight with him. She is definitely not ordinary.

 

"I'm sure it's not worse than Jungkook's."

 

"You're right, it wasn't. That's why i really want to fix everything."

 

"Even if that was your intention, look what you've done to him. It's the reality both of you need to deal with, are you both trying to build a fantasy like your sibling? It's not realistic. Kim Yeri-ssi, it's not your weird nightmare or dreams!"

 

Yeri is totally defeated with what Jimin said to her. He is not wrong at all, but there's nothing she can't do, she doesn't want to build a fantasy with Jungkook on it, she want a future, something she can hope for, something she never had before.

 

"I'm sorry, but if what you want from me is to leave Jungkook alone, i can't do that."

 

She's doing nothing when Jimin shakes his head and walks away from her, he's gone without saying anything.

 

***

 

"You said you want to stop!"

 

Lea is totally frustrated with Jungkook and his behaviour regarding this, it was just last month when he told her about Yeri ruining his life and he's tired of it.

 

"I know what i said."

 

"I'm not saying this because i'm in love with you. It's just.. did you see yourself when she ruined you?"

 

She knows she has no right to be upset but she really disappointed by this. Jungkook also understand her because she can sense his guilty feelings when he's trying to hold her hands and making her stop walking.

 

"Should i make a list for you?"

 

Jungkook is still not saying anything even though now, they're already standing at the lobby, Lea talks to him while wipe her tears, afraid if people will see this.

 

"What i have with Yeri is already beyond what i can control."

 

"You got sick because of her, twice. You lost your job and your firm because of her, you lost supports from people who trusted you because of her, you lost everything, Mr. Jeon.."

 

Yeri was going to chase Jimin and trying to convince him more but this is what she found. Lea who totally looks upset and emotional about her existence, everything she said is true, she’s staring at Jungkook from afar and she knows that he also think Lea is not wrong.

 

"And what did you gain from this? I don't care if you choose to be with anyone else in this world other than her, i swear i won't bothers you.."

 

She ended up crying a lot and covering her face, until Jimin drag her hands away from Jungkook.

 

"They're all crazy. Let's go.."

 

Jimin is totally angry, and Jungkook never saw him like this before. He doesn't even spare him a glance and walking really fast to his car. He really want to chase both of them and trying to talk it out, but he doesn't know how. He stay at the lobby until Jimin drove his car away. He's turn his back and Yeri is there, she give him a smile and waving her hand slowly. She heard and saw everything, obviously.

Yeri has tears on her eyes and she wipe it quick when she realized that Jungkook is walking to her direction, he kissed her forehead as soon as he arrived and it’s obvious that he's trying to makes her feels better with it.

 

"I'll pretend i didn't hear anything."

 

She talked to him when he hold her hands and walk together with her.

 

"Why?"

 

"I don't want dictated by others about you. If i were to leave you, i'll do it on my own, not because of my parents or your friends told me to, not because of our siblings past.."

 

"And what if i'm the one who asked you like before?"

 

"I'll leave."

 

What Yeri said before is different with this one, she once said even if he asked her to leave, she won't do it and will try her hardest to get him back, so this change of behaviour is slightly weird for Jungkook. He give her a confused stare, and she reply it with a smile.

 

"What you want is my priority now. I don't want to be selfish, that way i could take responsibility of your life better, right?"

 

"Pay me back for that ice cream."

 

"Right now?"

 

"I told you i'll ask you for it when you're no longer a whiny little kid, you seems really serious with what you said, you're being really mature."

 

***

 

"Do you think i should talk to Lea?"

 

Jungkook is busy looking for ice cream from his fridge when Yeri is standing next to him, helping him but also asking him a weird question.

 

"You didn't hear anything."

 

He ignores what she said and Yeri is stopped helping him and looking at him without saying a word. It's uncomfortable so he give her a glare.

 

"My conversation with Jimin-ssi was a disaster."

 

"I didn't ask you to talk with him."

 

Jungkook found the ice cream, he's taking it out and told Yeri to open the package. She listened to him.

 

"My father started to accepting you just fine..i should do something too."

 

Yeri can see that Jungkook is a little bit disliking this conversation, he doesn't want to talk about it at all. He's taking a glance at her before take the ice cream to the living room.

 

"And what do you want to talk with Lea?"

 

"She is part of your life too, and we have common interest."

 

He laughs at her, totally mocking her while scooping one huge spoon of ice cream to his mouth.

 

"What are you saying? You have nothing similar with her, and she hates you."

 

"Well, both of us are in love with you, it's a common interest, right?"

 

She takes a sit next to Jungkook who totally looks annoyed with what she said. He keeps focusing his eyes to a movie he doesn't even know, playing on his TV, Yeri looks disappointed with the way he act.

He personally thinks Yeri doesn't need any acknowledgement from Lea, Jimin or anyone from his side because it doesn't matter, it's his life. Not to mention that her trying to talk it out with Lea is definitely something that will probably hurt them in the process.

 

"You don't need to do that."

 

Yeri is staring at Jungkook when he finally stopped ignoring her, he talks while still focusing his eyes to the tv screen.

 

"Can i try first before you said no? I even trust you to spent time with my dad even though i know how messed up your relationship with him."

 

"I'm afraid you will get hurt, or Lea will get hurt."

 

"You and my dad is probably the scariest, craziest, weirdest man i ever met, i was afraid too, but i still let you talk with him,  because i trusted you. Can you do the same for me? I won't do anything to Lea, i promise."

 

No matter how hard Jungkook trying to deny, Yeri is aware that Jimin and Lea presence is really significant on his life. They're the only people he trust. How can she live her life with him when they hates her. She doesn't want them gone from Jungkook's life, it'll hurt him.

 

"What about you? who's going to promise me that you are going to be ok?"

 

Yeri is smiling when she realized that Jungkook is worried about her.

 

"Why would i get hurt? I have you and she doesn't."

 

She's linking her arms on his shoulder and give him a kiss, she knows that Jungkook is not exactly disliking Lea or anything, he fond of her too and she’ll try her best to not hurt her for his sake. He's not responding to what she said and ended up ruffling her hair instead, while kissing her back.

The kiss is something that Yeri never imagine she will have again after all the things they went through. Jungkook who’s being gentle and looking at her with so much love when she purposefully stop the kiss to . It was such a great sight but her heart feels heavy so sudden.

 

"I should go."  

 

And she's stopping him quick before they're going too far with what they're doing. Jungkook looks a little bit confused at first but he let her go.

 

"Where?"

 

Things turns out awkward and Yeri choose to pack her bag quickly.

 

"Home. I should thank my dad and talk to him and stuffs."

 

She gets up from her sit and walking to the door with Jungkook following her closely, he watch her wearing her shoes without a word. It makes her feels bad and uncomfortable, but she can't help it. She needs more time to actually trust Jungkook like before for this matter.

 

"I'll call you." She's done with her shoes and give him a quick smile. He just nod his head.

 

"Why?"

 

She lift her face to him again when he finally talks.

 

"What do you mean why?"

 

"You said you're going to leave, but you're definitely not. Why? did you leave anything?"

 

She really hates him when he's acting like this, he must be notice the way she's behaving, her being uncomfortable and warry. He could just ask her what is going on..but he decide to be passive aggressive about it. It's clearly that he's a little bit annoyed by her.

 

"Do you have something to say?"

 

What Jungkook want from Yeri is for her to talk about everything she finds uncomfortable on their relationship, she was great at doing it before, but after all of their past unveiled, Yeri is holding back a lot.

 

"Do you remember when you told me that all the affections you received from me was nothing but just a prove that your revenge worked?"

 

He's quite surprised when she finally talk and the contents of her words was really unexpected.

 

"I said it because i was angry, i lied to you, i didn't mean it."

 

"That's a really horrible thing to say, whether it's true or not."

 

"I'm sorry."

 

" And i already forgive you. It's just.. after i learned about what happened between us, your sister, my family and stuffs, i feel like i deserved all those words you said to me and i feel obligated to accept it even though i was really hurt because of it, and i really hates you for saying that, i can't stop thinking about that."

 

"I can't believe that i was going to let you go with those kind of thoughts inside your brain."

 

Yeri is a little bit embarrassed and guilty for this, Jungkook is trying to drag her hands back inside but she refused. She can't run away from the fact that he is not a random guy she met, he is part of her past, that’s one of the reason and the other one is Jihoon, she’s still a little bit scared of Jungkook after she learned what he did to Jihoon.

 

"We have so much things to think about, i'll talk to you later."

 

She's trying to escape from Jungkook's grip and takes a few steps back from him. He's totally disliking this, so she stare at him carefully and waves her hand to him.

 

"I just need time, can you give me that?"

 

His expression is becoming softer when she talks to him slowly while standing closer to him and caressing his hands.

 

"Promise me, to talk about this later."

 

"Ok."