Twelve

Heimwee ( /ˈɦɛi̯mʋeː/ ) Pt.2

Jungkook is finally awake when the sunrise waking him up, it's been a while since he able to wake up later than the sun. He usually woke up at dawn after working all night, because there are just so many things need to be done. The investigation of Tron project, Mrs. Kim franchise and all the other things.


Yeri is still asleep, She's holding him all night. She looks better than him in the morning. He give her a quick kiss on his lips to wakes her up and as she's not a heavy sleeper, she wakes up right away.

 

"I need to go."

 

He talks to her while whispering and Yeri is nodding her head, her eyes are still closed, and her arms is still holding him.

 

"Do you want a breakfast? or do you need something?"

 

Yeri asking him while sitting on her bed, she looks so funny like this.

 

"No, it's ok..Lea will.."

 

Jungkook stopped talking when he realized that Lea is no longer part of his daily life, Yeri looks taken aback too when her name get mentioned casually. She give him a smile and getting down from the bed while pat his shoulder.

 

"I'll make you something."

 

Yeri is out from her room, while feeling annoyed in the morning. She totally feels defeated in a game that impossible for her to win. And after last night, she’s been thinking about this matter, she doesn't want to be selfish for Jungkook, so maybe her choice about their relationship is the best for both of them.
 

She’s already standing at the kitchen after washing up really quick, She can not make anything else but a corn soup and garlic bread, she's good at making it and Jungkook always like this menu for breakfast. It was made really quick too. She’s waiting for him while sitting on the kitchen, thinking about lots of things when he's finally out, clean, fresh, and wearing one of his clothes she kept on her closet for months. He left it here long time ago.

He looks handsome in the morning too, minus all the bad traits that he has, Yeri is sure lots of people out there will be thrilled to see him every morning like this.

 

"It's still fit." He came to her and sit in front of her while smiling after finding out about his breakfast.

 

"You were my boyfriend till recently, it's not like i kept it for years. Of course it's still fit."

 

Yeri realized her choice of words is a little bit weird since she called him her boyfriend in a past tense, Jungkook noticed it too but he ignores it and start to eat his breakfast.
 

 

It's always good, Jungkook always craving for this corn soup since forever, Mrs. Kim is a great cook but looks like Yeri only inherited her skill for this particular menu. He's already on his second bowl.
 

"Do you have anything today?"  


Yeri is back from her daydreaming when Jungkook told her to open for a piece of garlic bread.

 

"Me? Nothing official."


Yeri has an appointment with Jihoon at the TV station, he's asking for a lunch together. She really want to talk with Jungkook about this, but it's just hard after last night.

 

"And what about your unofficial schedule?"

 

"It could be anything, lunch with a friend, staying at home, bothering Irene unnie, playing with Jay and Bona, clubbing."

 

"Call me if there’s anything."

 

He's becoming more protective because of last night dream, Yeri was really having a hard time and he feels bad to hurt her even more regarding Seokjin.

 

"Thanks. but you know i won't do that right?"

 

Jungkook is a little bit surprise when Yeri becoming indifferent with what he's saying, there's something weird on her tone of talk.

 

"Why?"

 

"I've been thinking about this, and i don't think we can go back to our old relationship after we went through so much mess."

 

"What are you talking about?"

 

Jungkook stopped his breakfast right away, and his eyes are judging Yeri really hard, demanding her to explain what she means with those words.

 

"Let's just be friends, if you need me to talk about those weird dreams, i'll be there for you, as a friend. You can continuing your works with my mother without minding me, you're free to do anything."

 

Yeri bites her lips waiting for Jungkook's reaction after she said that. She's doing this because she doesn't want him to stuck with her and close the possibilities of receiving helps from other people, Lea’s help.
 

"Why?"



He doesn't looks amused and his voice is really deep.

 

"I..I became a criminal and you lost your company, you tried to kill me and..you know..for the past few months, we're literally making ourselves into something worse than us before we met. It's not good."

 

"I never try to killed you, i'm an excellent driver."

 

"Doesn't change the fact that i was afraid to death while you're doing it."

 

Jungkook is becoming quiet so does Yeri, they're doing nothing but looking at each other because they both know this whole thing is definitely beyond their control. Just yesterday Jungkook was trying to ruin Yeri by exposing her to Tron, and it was yesterday too when Yeri has a plan to bring Jungkook down with the help of Lee jihoon.

 

"Fine."

 

Yeri is not gonna lie, there's a slight disappointment from her when Jungkook is agreeing with what she offered. She give him a forced smile when he said that.

 

"Good."

 

She told him that and Jungkook gets up from his chair quickly, he's taking his jacket at the living room and looking for his car keys inside the pocket, he's going to leave.

 

"I'm not saying that to chase you away from my house."

 

She totally looks annoyed and Jungkook is not saying anything but laughing at her while giving her a peck on her forehead. This is clearly not a friendship.

 

"I have a meeting at 9."

 

"It's still 7 AM."

 

"As you know, i no longer have secretary, so i need to prepare everything by myself. It's a lots of works and i need more time."

 

"You should talk to her..to Lea i mean."

 

Jungkook lost his smile when she brings up Lea again, Yeri is guessing that their term is not good, judging from how Lea is suddenly gone and how he react to it.

 

"Do you want to work for me?"



He's avoiding topic about Lea with a joke while ruffling Yeri's hair. His smile is fake, she knows it.

 

"No." She's shaking her head to him fast, and Jungkook is walking to the door. He's leaving.

 

"Wait."

 

Yeri is holding his arms right in front of the door, this morning she looks somehow different in Jungkook's eyes.

 

"Thank you."

 

She said thank you to him, and Jungkook is a little bit happy hearing it. She rarely say it.

 

"Why?"

 

"For staying with me even after i ruined you. For trying to understand my perception of your sister and the reasons why i'm being such a mess for you and your life."

 

Hearing that, Jungkook is reminded to his dream from last night, Yeri when Seokjin is gone. He doesn't want to admit it but slowly he can get it, he can understand why she hates Sooyoung so much, why she's becoming a broken soul and not believing in love. The way Seokjin left her is so much worse than the way Sooyoung left him. She wasn't prepared, at all.
 

He's a little bit surprised when Yeri come closer to him and giving him one gentle kiss with teary eyes. It was sweet.

 

"Friends don't do this to each other."

 

"It's because i'm thankful." She's annoyed and embarrassed by his remarks, and now opening the door for him.

 

"Right."

 

Jungkook slight his arms and taking Yeri closer while holding her waist, this is supposed to be something usual when they were together but it’s not something she's expecting right now. It's even more surprising when he start to kiss her in a manner she used to like.
 

It's not gentle but more like demanded, if she remembers it correctly, everytime Jungkook kissed her like this, the next thing happened will be her having with him which is totally inappropriate if she want to insist a friendly relationship with him where she give Jungkook freedom to find a peace away from her, somewhere else.

 

She has her hands on his head and sometimes moving to his jacket, holding into it tight while sometimes trying to taking it off from him. It's similar with what they did back at her mother office, just more intense and Yeri is less afraid than before. At time like this it's is easy for her to ignore her surrounding but it's not actually working when Jungkook's phone has been ringing for more than three times, it's quite noticeable.

 

"Your phone." She's finally manage to talk after so much struggles to forced Jungkook stop kissing her.

 

It's not like he's stopping right away, he's just changing his focus, he's tracing his finger on her arms and give a peck on her cheeks, but Yeri push him away.

 

"Your phone, Jungkook-ssi."

 

She takes his phone out from his jacket's pocket, and it's showed Jimin's name on its display.

 

"I know."

 

He's caressing her face, while using his thumb to wipe her lips, it's a little bit swollen, and she looks pretty like this. There’s a smile coming from him without he’s intended to before he picks up the phone call.

 

"Where are you?"



Jimin's voice sounds angry, Jungkook is staring at Yeri who's totally curious with his phone call, her big eyes are locked into him.

 

"Why?"

 

He doesn't know why, but telling Jimin about his whereabout which is here, in Yeri's place is never his choice, not at time like this.

 

"What is going on with you and Lea? And Why Tron suddenly asking me about Kim Yeri and you, they said it has something to do with your investigation or something."

 

Jungkook is becoming wary hearing this news from Jimin, he let Yeri go from his embrace and trying to left her. She looks confused and worried at the same time but choose to let him go with an awkward smile. She looks at his direction once again before Jungkook move his feet away from her. He definitely doesn’t want her to know any of his conversation with Jimin.


 

"Jungkook-ah.."

 

Jimin is no longer sounds angry, he's frustrated.

 

"I'll be there in 15 minutes. Hold Lea for me."

 

"What about Tron?"

 

"I'll see them too."

 

Yeri is doing nothing but sitting at her living room while Jungkook is hiding, it's not long until he's finally out, rushing and totally busy. Her eyes met with him and he looks a little bit worried.

 

"I'll see you later?"


It was a question, and Yeri is not even sure why she decide to shakes her head to him, telling him no.

 

"A schedule just in. I'll be out all day."

 

Of course, it's a lie. Jungkook looks a little bit suspicious, but still manage to give her a smile and one last hug, before he left and gone from her. She doesn't even know why, but she’s aware that she needs to fortify herself from Jungkook. And that was hurt.

 


 

"What is this all about?" Jungkook arrived at his office and Jimin is already waiting for him, with tons of question.

 

"What did Tron said?"

 

"Their employee is guilty, they confirmed it, and now they want to know why Kim Yeri is aware about those stuffs, since one of the suspect told them the one who paid them was a business competitor. Are you really thinking to turning her in? It will ruined her career, her life."

 

"Yeri did nothing. It's not her."

 

Jimin is literally loss at words, Jungkook is the one who told him that Kim Yeri framed him. And now this..

 

"What are you talking about?"

 

"She's not at fault."

 

"So it was you? everything Tron said about you was right, then?"

 

Jungkook is becoming silent, and Jimin slowly can understand the truth. It was Yeri, she did framed him, she did ruined his business but Jungkook is trying to protect her, this is crazy. No wonder Lea suddenly resign, she must already learned about this.

It’s not like Jimin is not worried about Yeri and her well being, but the firm is in crisis. She’s rich and even though she left with no career and bad image or even when the police come to get her, her family is powerful and she’ll be fine, she still has so much money left while this firm, the one they build for years, all the efforts will be left with nothing. What Jungkook doing right now is ridiculous.

 

"Who are you?" Jimin is throwing few pieces of paper to Jungkook's desk and left him right away.

 

 

This is a madness, Jungkook feels like his head is going to explode anytime soon. This is not him, really not him. The way he act is far from the one he always do.

He's taking a few documents that Jimin throws at him earlier, that's basically all the press release, summing up his firm situation. Which is clearly not good.

***

"Mr. Jeon."

 

He's familiar with that voice and Lea is here, she's holding one envelope and Jungkook knows it's her resignation letter, she's no longer wearing her work attire, she's no longer has her ponytail because she lets her long hair down to her shoulder. She looks different, completely different.

 

"Take a sit."

 

He told her to take a sit in a chair in front of him, but Lea refused to do so, the only thing she's doing is placing her letter on his desk, her eyes are puffy and she has no courage to looks at him directly.

 

"No..sir..i.." Lea can not help but shed some tears when she's trying to talk to Jungkook.


 

She already spent her night crying because of this matter, she will lost her job, she'll part ways with Minchae and everyone at Sky, her friends, she also needs to be away from Jungkook, which is totally hard since she knows what she felt for him, she likes him and she's probably in love with him.

 

"I can't take this letter, if this is the way you're leaving."

 

Jungkook talks to her in a really gentle voice, what he said is a little bit strict but he's not angry, and it makes Lea even more emotional, so she wipe her tears with her hands quickly, afraid that she'll cry even more.

 

"Take a sit, Lea."

 

Jungkook is reaching for her hands and drag her slowly until she finally sitting on the chair right in front of him.

 

"I'm really sorry, Mr. Jeon."

 

She's going to lift her face and trying to get some courage to finally deal with Jungkook, but he's no longer there. He's standing at the corner of the room, roaming around his small fridge and walking closer to her with a bottle of water.

 

"Drink this first."

 

"Thank you."

 

She takes the water from him, and Jungkook is doing nothing but staring at her with eyes she never saw before. He's paying attention to her, he's worried about her, he care for her, he’s looking at her with unusual look, the look who’s belong to someone else, Kim Yeri's.

 

"Are you feeling better?"

 

Jungkook is back to his seat, when he realized Lea is already stopped crying.

 

He doesn't want to let her go either, if he hates himself for drastically changing and neglecting his whole life because of Yeri, then Lea is probably his last chance to preventing him for doing that. It's probably a cursed running on his family, but he's afraid that he'll turn into another Jeon Sooyoung.

 

"Mr. Jeon, i really should go right now."

 

"You're really leaving me."

 

Lea can sense a rapid heart beat when Jungkook said that, he looks disappointed.

 

"You'll be fine."

 

Jungkook is taking a deep breath before he's leaning his back and closing his eyes for a few seconds.

 

"Fine, then let me hear your reasoning regarding why you don't want to work for me again, i understand the big picture, but i want your honest and detailed opinion."

 

Lea have so much things to say regarding this, she's just not sure if Jungkook will be fine after listening to it.

 

"It's ok. I'll respect your opinion."

 

And seems like he's also aware about her hesitation and encouraging her with a smile. He looks so handsome, friendly and kind like this. He's already changing too much since Yeri happened to his life.

 

"Kim Yeri-ssi, Sir."

 

Jungkook is a little bit take aback when Lea is going straight to the point about this. She said her name clearly and firm. It's obvious that she basically blame Yeri for what's going on with SKY or him right now.

 

"Sorry."

 

Lea said sorry immediately when Jungkook's expression becoming stiffs because of what she said.

 

"..What about her?"


He's asking her another question, while scribbling something on a bunch of paper, he's trying hard to hide his feelings while pretending to be busy.

 

"You're sacrificing lots of things for her..."

 

 

"And i know i have no position to speak about this, but i was the one who bring you to hospital and sign your admission paper when you were sick, i'm the one who saw all my co worker having a hard time because Sky is falling apart, and i'm not that ignorant to not knowing that she's behind all of those."

 

That was really cruel, Jungkook is offended with what Lea said, it's a shame that he can not deny any of this because she's totally right. He can not defend himself, he admits to all her accusations.

 

"What i have with her is none of your business."

 

He looks mad and annoyed, Lea feels bad hearing what he's saying regarding that.

 

"I know."

 

"You're such a great person, Lea. I love the way you work, you're great. I don't want you go."

 

"I'm sorry. I already made my decision."

 

Lea is finally gets up from her sit, not waiting until Jungkook told her to like usual. Her steps are heavy and it's even more hard for her to leave when Jungkook is standing in front of her so sudden, blocking her way out, this is ridiculous, he never did this before.

 

"I'm going to save the firm."

 

That's what he said, he looks serious but not as intimidating as usual, there is something from his expression and his tone is definitely asking for her help.

 

"I wish you good luck, Mr. Jeon."

 

Lea give him a light bow, and trying to push the door behind him, but Jungkook is holding her arms, he's just staring at the floor when Lea give him a look, asking him to explain what he's doing right now.

 

"I need you.."

 

It's definitely not a thing that Lea expected to hear from Jungkook, ever, not to mention that he said it seriously with sincerity. She's totally loss at words, to the point that she can't even looks straight at him, it's overwhelming and totally making her heart busy.

 

"If i'm going to do that, i'll be needing you, Lea." He's slowly letting go of her.

 

"Someone told me that you're a little bit too kind to actually dealing with a people like me and that you're the only one who cares for me genuinely."

 

Jungkook is continue to talk when he realized Lea is not going to say anything.

 

"Who said that?"

 

It is hard to believe for Lea that Jungkook also talk about her with someone else, she never thought that she has a meaning on his life. She thought it's only a one way attentions from her to him and never the other way round.

 

"I want to pay you back."

 

"That person..did they also told you that i genuinely care for you not only because you're my boss but also because i respect you as a human being? that i care about your well being because i sincerely wish you to have a good thing."

 

Lea is talking while having a teary eyes, her voice is shaking, and Jungkook slowly can understand about what Yeri's been telling him since their first encounter. Lea likes him, she cares for him more than just a colleague at work. So he answer her with a nod.

 

"If you knew, don't you think it’s better for you to let me go?  to make it less harder for me, Mr. Jeon? Please.."

 

Lea feels even more hurt after knowing that Jungkook is probably aware about her feelings for him, he's probably aware about how much she cares for him, it's humiliating. She takes a quick movement when Jungkook finally moving away from the door and letting go of her hands completely.

He's not stopping her, at all.

 




 

 

Yeri is walking with her hoodie, wearing a snapback and a mask, this is better for her to not seen by others with other man at day light when Jungkook is still out there with a title as hers.

 

The meeting with Lee Jihoon was supposed to happened at the TV station, place where he works, but Yeri is not confidence while doing it, she doesn't want others to know about her relations with Jihoon whatsoever, and most importantly, she doesn't want Jungkook to know about this at all. She'll handle this by herself, Jihoon knowing about her wrong doing is out of her control, but she's the one who started this mess for ruining Jungkook’s firm. She rather ask her father for help if she can not handle it, but for now, she'll trying to fix things by herself. Alone.

 

Yeri is getting inside an unfamiliar car, when Jihoon is standing in front of it, he looks a little bit annoyed since he asked her to meet at other place and she refused.

 

"I have so much works to do, it'd be more convenient if we met at my office."

 

He said that to her as soon as Yeri see him. Jihoon is friendly, and since he's older than her, he doesn't looks careful with his words to her.

 

"You want a lunch together, and i'll give it to you, at the place i wanted."

 

She's a little bit scared and somehow dumbfounded with the way Jihoon demanding things in the name of their friendship. He makes it like they have a different correlation with their relationship with Jungkook. Like their friendship is pure and they like each other, when the fact is not. He was threatened her and this is a punishment.

 

"Instead of lunch, what do you think about a get away?"

 

"What are you talking about?"

 

"I always want to do this with my friend."

 

Yeri doesn't even have a chance to asking him further because Jihoon is already driving his car and takes a route to a highway, he takes her out of a town.

 

"What is this?"

 

"I know a place, a pretty one."

 

Yeri doesn't believe him at all, so she hold her phone tight and already has Jay's number on emergency dial.

 

"So..i heard you're debuted 5 years ago?"

 

Jihoon admitting that taking Yeri out, talking to her, asking her for a lunch, he's doing all of it, only for bothering Jungkook, but after some times, he's not gonna lie that Yeri is actually a person he want to be friends with, there are so many intriguing things about her and if he crossed out her relationship with Jungkook, he kinda like her. The way she speaks and act is definitely not common.

 

"6 years."

 

"I heard your family is quite well off too, i read news about your family few days ago."

 

Yeri is not saying anything, she's just staring at the road, Jihoon can see that her eyes becoming wary and nervous when he talks about her family, judging from what he read on internet, he definitely can understand her reaction.
 

Her brother's suicide, her father rumored violent act, not to mention that she's not actually the most liked star in this country. Yeri rarely do anything outside her job, but people perception of her is not entirely positive, it's just getting better after news about her relationship came out. People supporting her through that.

 

"You don't need to worry, i'm not running after your money, my family is well off too."

 

He's surprised when Yeri turn his face to her , looking unhappy.

 

"Then what do you want from me?"

 

Jihoon is not angry when she talks to him in an unfriendly manner and a higher tone, he just smiling at her before back on focusing his attentions to the road.

 

"I told you, i want a friend."