Seven

Heimwee ( /ˈɦɛi̯mʋeː/ ) Pt.2

 

The next Monday, just like how Jungkook expecting it, his company is on a level 3 of chaos. Everyone is taking the news of Tron Project failure as something really bad.

 

"You better have explanation for this." Jimin, especially is really mad.

 

"The project is on hold."

 

"So does our 11 other projects, we're losing their trust Jungkook-ah. Is that true? The rumor?"

 

News spread fast in this kind of business, Jimin already heard about it, about Jungkook who's careless enough to leaking classified documents of his clients to his celebrity girlfriend.

 

"What rumor?"

 

"Yeri, you.."

 

"Do you really think, i'll be doing something like that? You know how i worked."

 

If it's not Yeri Jimin will say no, but since it's her, he can not help but having doubts toward him.

 

"She framed me."

 

"Kim Yeri?"

 

"This is part of her plan."

 

And Jungkook knows, letting Jimin know about this will only pissing him off more.

 

"Both of you are trash."

 

He left him after that.

 

***

 

"Gather everyone for a meeting."

 

Lea walks fast when Jimin giving her an order, he entering the meeting room and she's busy to tell everyone about the meeting. it's a chaos.

 

Noone is happy about the situation at all, for the past weekend, they receive calls from clients who's asking for a hold regarding their project. They don't specify the reason, but people heard gossips, about Jungkook who's leaking classified documents of their clients, it's hard to believe that but even if that's true, Lea is sure her boss was not doing it on purpose. He's been dealing with so much stress lately, not to mention his health condition, he even stayed in the hospital for 5 days. It's understandable that he made a mistake at times like this.

 

"Report your status."

 

Jimin is the one in command for today's meeting, meanwhile Jungkook is just sitting next to him looking gloomy and somehow guilty.

 

"8 clients asking for a hold of every ongoing project, 3 cancelled."

 

Jungkook knows what Jimin is doing right now, he conducted the meeting only to letting him know how chaotic this firm is because of what he's doing.

 

"What do we have left?" He's trying hard to get calm but no one answering his question, it's only Mr. Park giving him a pile of documents.

 

"This one." He's staring at it, and of course the only clients who's still trust his firm is Mrs. Kim and her franchise restaurant.

 

"We'll work on it then."

 

Jungkook takes the documents and out from the meeting room immediately, Jimin is following him.

 

"Do it sincerely. Not for your petty revenge. Jungkook-ah!"

 

"I can do both."

 

Jimin is doing nothing when Jungkook get mad and packing all his bag, out from the office and left him. Things are not good for him.

 




 

"My friend has a birthday party tonight so you can use Jay for a day."

 

Yeri is done with her schedule for today, the only thing left is going back home and having dinner with her mom. She's coming over.

 

"Whose party?"

 

"She worked at hair shop you used to come, it's a simple party."

 

"In a club?"

 

"Yes, obviously."

 

"Well.. I'll just drive by myself then . You can go home early"

 

"Really?"

 

"Tell Jay to go home too, i'll just stay at home tonight."

 

Yeri feels Jay and Bona deserves a break from dealing with her annoying . She's been treating them really bad since she has problems with Jungkook.

 

"Thank you, unnie. See you later."

 

***


 

Yeri is driving rather slow and enjoying her time alone, the past few months her life has been too noisy and complicated that it was hard for her to actually living through it everyday.

 

She's reaching her home after two hours drive, 7PM where she can already heard a noise from her kitchen right after she opens the door.

 

"Just in time."

 

Her mom just finished one dish and bringing it to her dining room when someone else is also here. Jeon Jungkook.

 

It's explain why her mom's tone of talk sounds awkward and her hands is shaking. She's scared of him.
 

"She's Kim Seokjin's mother. Are you really thinking this is possible? she's one of the reason why your sister died."

 

That's what she said while walking closer to him, who is now standing on his feet staring down at the floor and give Yeri a smirk.

 

"Yeri, stop it !" And now she's getting angry when her mother grab her hand and stopping her.

 

"Why are you doing this, Mom?"

 

"I'm doing something i should've done since long time ago.."

 

"Feeding an orphan and taking care of him? Are you doing a charity?"

 

That was harsh, even Jungkook looks a little bit surprise hearing that, and her mother has a teary eyes. She looks tired and she letting go of her while taking a sit on an empty chair while covering her face.

 

"You're blaming me for what happened to your brother for years, it's totally makes sense if Jungkook is doing the same thing. I'm taking away both of them from your life. i'm at fault.."

 

Yeri can't help but feels hurt hearing what she said, she stare at Jungkook who's packing his bag and wearing his jacket quickly.

 

"I'm here to work, Mrs. Kim is my client.. i don't deal with any personal matter."

 

He's walking passed by her after bowing his head to Mrs. Kim and out from her apartment. He is cold, completely cold. And without thinking much Yeri is out to chase him, it's not fair, not with Jungkook trying to use her mother.

She heard her mom calling her when she's out from the house, but she choose to ignores it.

 

***

 

Jungkook is having a hard time to deal with this thing. He is glad that he finally found peoples who's ruining his life. Yeri and her family, it feels like he no longer has curiosity about what kind of people are they or why Seokjin is never going back.

He's just angry to how this thing played, he can actually have Yeri to help him going through everything but he feels betrayed when the only hope he has turns out as part of his misery.

 

He's taking a deep breath when the elevator door is opened, he's glancing at the monitor and it's not actually the lobby. He's not really surprise when Yeri is the one who he found behind that door, she's getting inside it and standing next to him. She's out of breath and it's obvious that she's getting here while running.

 

"Stay away from her."


\That's what she said in between her short breath. Jungkook is not looking at her but staring at the monitor, it's only a dozens floor left before they reached the lobby.

 

"You're ruining my business i need something to covering it up."

 

"No, seriously, leave her alone."

 

Yeri grab his hands and making him turn to her, so their eyes could met. She's really serious, begging him with tears on her eyes. And he's always weak for that.

 

"You told me that your parents is never a reason for you to becoming like this, right? I want to try again with her."

 

"That is none of my business." He pulled his hand from her and Yeri is annoyed by the way he act right now.
 

"Listen, when we were together you're the only reason for me to actually stop behaving like a society trash, and now she's the only one i have.."
 

She talks to him while holding into his shirt really tight, things she said is really something that is enough to makes him thankful for her brief existence on his life before all the mess started.
 

"You are ruining my business."
 

"That's because you used my brother's name for your benefit. I told you, i'll fight back!"
 

"My company is not only me, you know how other's life is also depend on that."
 

Yeri can see that the way they argue is becoming more intense but somehow easier to handle. Like she's arguing with him but not really feels any hatred for him. Probably because she knows that she's a little bit overboard with what she did. His company is not about him only, she didn't think through this well enough.
 

She's ended up saying nothing when Jungkook is back to his position and watching the elevator's door opened, it's the lobby. She still has her hands on him, and it's obvious for people who saw them that they're in the middle of fight. Yeri hides herself behind Jungkook's back when people's eyes are locking at them.

 

They look don't care with what they saw but it's still feels uncomfortable because they recognized her right away. She can already knows what will they say or what will they talked about regarding her, fighting with a boyfriend in public. Her not so good image will just tainted even more.

It takes them few seconds before they finally stopped staring at her, she can feels that Jungkook's arms start moving, he's also ready to leave, she let him go.

She's already give up and care less about what will people say about her private life.. but Jungkook decide to helps her with that. He use his hands to caressing her cheeks and making her turn to him before he give her a kiss which long enough to makes people noticed.

He says nothing after he's done, things get awkward because Yeri knows she doesn’t hate what he did at all, some part of her even expecting something more than that.
 

Jungkook totally looks embarrassed when he realized few pair of eyes are staring at him, he hide it with a smile and a quick touch on top of her head, and he left.

Yeri can't even do or say anything when he finally gone from her sight.

 

"You looked better than from what i saw on pictures." Yeri turn her face to one of her neighbour, a young woman in her 20s, she recognized her.
 

"You.. with your boyfriend, i mean." She give her a smile and she replying it with a nod.
 

"It was nice to see. Don't worry."
 

Another young woman, who also stand next to her is talking in a sweet tone, and a little bit teasing her with a smile.
 

It was nice for her too and that's not supposed to happens.
 



 

"Welcome back."

 

Bona doesn't really realized why she ended up stuck with these random people, rich and handsome guys who's having a welcome party for one of their peers.

 

"Why are we here again?" She asked one of her friends and they said it's fun to play like this.
 

It’s not for her, she checks her phone and find 4 missed calls from Yeri so she calls her back.  It's only take her seconds before she finally picks up her call.

 

"Where are you?" Her voice is gloomy. Unhappy and still stressed.

 

"That one place i showed you the other day, near the tv station."

 

"Are you drunk?"
 

"2 bottle of beer so far..not really. Why unnie?"


"I'll come to pick you up."

 

Bona knows Yeri just need a reason to come and staying here for a few shot of alcohols, since she's a public figure. Things like this is not easy for her to do. She's waiting at the front door for few more minutes when Yeri's car is finally pulled over at the parking lot.

It's a high class club, so Bona think it's not bad for Yeri to come here. Celebrities often having a party in here, jetsetters too. Just like what she saw earlier.

 

"Unnie!"

She's waving her hand to her when she finally out from the car. She's wearing a black tee and skinny jeans, she has her leather jacket on her hand and also her expensive heels in on her feet. So beautiful, as always.

 

"You can go on with your party, i'll just drink few glasses, and i'll take you home."

 

It's an order for Bona, so she only nod her head and following her from behind. People are busy on places like this, they won't care about who you are or what you're doing unless you're craving for attentions, and Yeri is certainly not in mood for that, she's using a cap to cover her hair and take a sit in a corner of the bar.

 

"I'll be here. Tell me if you're done."

 

Bona is worried, these days Yeri's life is really chaotic, she doesn't know what she's doing but she's busy with lots of things. Last week, she spend her time reading books about some biochemical stuffs, and at the weekend, she's attending a party with Jungkook while Jay is saying that both of them are fighting again in the middle of road. Not to mention her family issues being reported by media, she never know Yeri has a brother until now, about his suicide too.

 

"Call me if you need anything.”

 

"I will."

 

Yeri is only come to a place like this for special occasions, even though, back when she was a college student, she spent lots of times roaming around at place like this, meeting with random people for a night and forget about them the next day. That was her life.
 

"Can i buy you a drink?"
 

And this is one of the reason why she hates place like this, random people hitting on you. Yeri take a glance to a man who takes a sit next to her, wearing a suit and flashing her with a smile.
 

"No thanks." She grab her drink and walking away from him but the guy is following her.
 

"Just one drink. Kim Yeri-ssi."
 

And things goes bad because he recognized her and that’s also means she can't act recklessly.

 

"Thanks for the offer, but No."

 

"Well.. it's making me feel a hundred times worse for being rejected by Jeon Jungkook's girlfriend."

 

The reason Yeri is coming here is to rest her brain from all things about Jungkook but now she has this s all over again.

 

"Excuse me?"

 

"He is..my friend and..let's say we're kinda hate each other, so the fact that you said no to me is really making me feels bad."

 

"I never saw you before."

 

Given how the situation she has with Jungkook right now, it's not impossible if he pay someone to do something to her for his revenge, she is doubtful. Obviously.

 

"I'm not a show off like your boyfriend."

 

She's rolling her eyes and continue to walk away because she doesn't feels like dealing with this kind of thing right now.

 

"You can call him if you don't trust me.."

 

"Forget it, just leave me alone."

 

Yeri is walking to another side of the bar to find peace. Hearing about Jungkook is quite exhausting after what happened tonight. She was angry and beyond mad when she found him on her apartment since he’s probably targeting her mother as his revenge, but when he save her from bad publications, giving her a kiss and stuffs..she just want him back. She hates herself for being so weak everytime Jungkook showing her a little affection, what they're doing each other are ugly, bad, cruel, she shouldn't have any feelings left for him, not to mention that he is Jeon Sooyoung's brother, she hates her for decades.

 

"Unnie!" Her eyes is back to Bona who's already has her bag.

 

"Are you done?"
 

"I saw you talking with that guy."
 

"Do you know him?"

 

Her eyes is following Bona' hand, she's pointing it to the guy from earlier, the supposedly Jungkook’s friend.

 

"Yeah, he was having a party and i joined him. He's working at the tv station, the one in the front. He knows your boyfriend."

 

"I don't have a boyfriend.”

 

"Yes, you have, according to press release from this morning. you can't just kissed a guy in front of everyone and wandering around telling others you're single. The Tron's event receiving an extra buzz because of you."

 

She is right.

 

"So what about him?"

 

"He asked me about you, well.. are you really the Kim yeri or not? are you really Jungkook's girlfriend or not, and what am i to you?"

 

"And?"

 

"Nothing. He left before i can answer his questions. But you ignore him right?"

 

"I did."

 

"He just got back from Singapore, and this is his welcoming party or something."

 

"I don't even want to know that."