Fifteen

Heimwee ( /ˈɦɛi̯mʋeː/ ) Pt.2

Anxious. That's the only thing Jungkook can feels right now. He knows that Mr. Kim won't do anything to Yeri since she is his own daughter. But he is anxious because he knows how Seokjin turns into something weak when his dad choose to makes him stop caring for Sooyoung. This is literally the same thing right now, there's no way Mr. Kim won't allow Yeri to get close to him after he learned about how trashy he is as a person, after he thought that Jungkook is using her for a revenge.

 

"What is it?"

 

He called Jimin to come to his office right away, and he's finally here and he is glad.

 

"Hyung, do you think i'm a good person?"

 

"No."

 

"Really?"

 

"Why?"

 

"Do you think i'm capable to make a peace with Seokjin and his family, if they finally showed up in front of me again?"

 

JImin lift his shoulder to him, he knows what Jungkook means with this question.

 

"You're having a business with his mother, and having a relationship with his sister. You forgive Kim Yeri even after she's ruining your life multiple times. You're no longer Jeon Jungkook from 10 years ago. I told you, i don't even know who you are anymore. You changed, Jungkook-ah. A lot."

 

"You said it like it's a bad thing."

 

"Is it not?"

 

Jungkook can see that Jimin is annoyed with this conversation. Well, he's been angry at him for the past few months, and he knows why.

 

"I didn't like it when you torture Yeri for the sake of your revenge, it was too much, too cruel, i know you're better than that.. But i also hates when you act like a stupid human being in front of her. You became weak, this is not you."

 

He takes his coat and walking out from his office with a glare from Jimin who totally looks confused.

 

"If i were you, i won't trust Kim Yeri that much."

 

"Why?"

 

"I met her when you just broke up, and she really has no room for a good thing on her heart. Literally. She is completely broken."

 



 

 

"So what's the fuss about ruining his business, taking him down, and making him paying a price that you told me before?"

 

Yeri is sitting in front of her dad, who's working on his computer wearing his glasses and drinking a cup of coffee. He does looks like a mafia at times like this, just like how Jungkook called him.

 

"I shouldn't have done that."

 

"I told you to not did that, but you won't listen. Why now?"

 

“It's none of your business."

 

Yeri doesn't want to deal with him, so she gets up and ready to leave his office but stopped when Mr. Kim also doing the same thing.

 

"He is using you."

 

She's back to her sit, and taking a deep breath while looking at Mr. Kim and smashed a medium size pictures taken from under his desk. It was their family picture, Seokjin is still in there.

 

"Your son died the last time you did this.."

 

Mr. Kim is back to his seat and taking off his glasses.

 

“That’s why i’m doing this right now. I can’t afford to lose another kid because of my mistake.”

 

Yeri is aware that her dad is not getting any younger and what she did to him for the past few years is nothing but a torture. She never gave him a chance to fix his mistake. She ignored him and treating him invisible.

 

"I know people like him. He is a monster."

 

“And you think i’m not? I threatened his life , i almost ruined his business, i blamed his sister for what happened to our family. I am the monster.”

 

“That’s why Yeri-ya, stop this. Let him go, I’ll pay every mistake i made. Give me a chance. Our family could be happy again.

 

Yeri has tears on her eyes right now, she’s staring at the door when its opened. It’s her mom.

 

“What is going on?”

 

Yeri use her hands to wipe all of her tears and back staring at her dad. She feels bad for him but she can not just listen to him and following his order. It’s never her life.

 

"If i was told to choose between you and him, i'll use my own hands to get rid of you just like how i tried it before."

 

She is out from the room after slammed the door real hard. She can see that both of her parents are furious with what she did.

 

***

 

“Why didn’t you tell me about that kid?”

 

Mrs. Kim is actually aware that sooner or later her husband will find out about Jungkook and Yeri and how she has connection with him.

 

“He needs us.”

 

"We're too late."

 

"No, he's a nice kid."

 

"He is similar with me, i can't even forgive myself, how could he?"

 

***

 

Yeri is walking really fast to her room, all her dad minions won't let her out and she already tired to fight him.

 

"I'll prepare your dinner, Miss."

 

She even get annoyed by Nana, who's standing right in front of her door, while giving him a pair of pajamas. She takes it from her quick.

 

"Good night, Miss."

 

Yeri use her phone to tell Jay and Bona about her location, so they won't be worried. Ever since her career as a celebrity started, her dad actually becoming more lenient to her. He's no longer paying attentions to her excessively. He knows being famous is limiting Yeri to act stupid. And he is actually right, her life becoming less chaotic. So to suddenly encounter with this type of behaviour from her dad again is totally bothering her.

 

"Open the door." She put her phone at her bed when the door is knocked. It's her mom.

 

"If you're here to defend your husband, Don't." She talks while changing her clothes.

 

"I should do it, Yeri-ya."

 

What is there to defend from her dad's behaviour today? She want to know what kind of nonsense Mrs. Kim give her so she decide to open the door.

 

"He sent people to follows me for days. I'm not a kid."

 

"Take Jungkook to meet him.

 

"What?"

 

Yeri is totally dumbfounded that the only thing she can do is laughing at her mom, and walking away from her.

 

"Give him a chance."

 

"Mom, that kind of thing, it's not his call.. Why would Jeon Sooyoung's brother is coming here to meet my father?"

 

"I'll convince your father to see him because i know he actually feels sorry for him. He never intend to destroy his life, and he's helping you to framed him just because you asked him to."

 

Yeri knows that her mom is trying to ask her to tell Jungkook about her dad feeling sorry and convince him to see her family as something new instead of Sooyoung's murderer. She can't force him to do that, when she's not even sure if Jungkook is already stop hating her or not.

She's still insecure herself and how can she drag both of her parents to him like this.

 

"Miss.."

 

Yeri is staring at her mom with so much confusion when Nana suddenly came to her room, and open the door without knocking it first. That's rude, what if she's having a secret conversation with her mother.

 

"What is it?"

She choose to sit at her bed, when her mom is the one who talk to Nana first. She looks nervous, her eyes is shaking.

 

"Someone is looking for Miss Yeri."

 

Well, that's quite a surprising information, there's no one else who knows this place beside Irene, Jay and Bona, the three of them already aware about her staying here till tomorrow, so why would they came here.

 

"The security ask Mr. Kim when he arrived and he let him in."

 

Yeri is actually having a bad feeling about this when she realized there's one more person who knows about this place.

 

"He's here." She's wearing her jacket while out from her room really quick.

 

"Who is it Nana?"

 

"Mr. Jeon Jungkook."

 

She can heard her step was being followed by her mother when she finally learned about Jungkook coming to her home, home when Seokjin died, home where her dad is exist. That's a complete nightmare.

 

"Yeri-ya!"

 

Yeri feels like her head is going to explode, she's scared and nervous, she even need to get dragged by her mom to stop her bumping into a huge cabinet while walking.

 

"He's going to kill him."

 

"No, He is your father. He won't do it."

 

"Not him, Jungkook..he's going to kill him. He is me from 15 years ago. He's going to kill my dad."

 

That's such a weird thoughts, but she actually feels more scared that Jungkook will do anything seriously bad to her father. Being with him and learning about him makes her realized that Jungkook is capable on doing that. He is still at the same state with her 15 years ago. She doesn't actually trust him, and it's a further proof that Yeri was a complete liar because she actually doesn't want her father gone.

 

***

 

In his entire life, Jungkook never thought that he'll be doing this right now, well..of course before the tragedy happened, back to the first time he met Seokjin, he always have this kind of imagination sometimes. When Seokjin will take him and Sooyoung to his home to play or at least seeing how a complete family living their life. He doesn't needs a castle or a luxurious mansion, just watching him and his entire family welcoming Sooyoung and is already an exciting scenario.

 

And fast forward to 15 years later, he's actually here, standing in front of huge window inside the castle, the scenery from the outside is a garden, dark, cold, and a little bit intimidating for people like him who never saw it before. He can feel his heart beating faster when the door is opened. He's looking at it quick, it's one of the maid.

 

"Your drink, Sir. Mr. Kim will be seeing you in a minute."

 

"I'm here for Kim Yeri."

 

He gets no answer or response when the maid is leaving him right away. Of course, he already expecting this since the first time he decide to come here. There's no way Mr. Kim will let him go so easy.

 

He choose to walking around and examining this work room, there's a family picture on top of the desk, kinda damaged but still clear.. It was Seokjin, he's still young, totally the same with how he remembered him, Yeri is also there, so much younger and somehow different, she was bright and happy.

 

Jungkook is back to looking at the door, when it's opened once again, It's Mr. Kim. He's here at least. He looks older than the last time he saw him.

 

"Take a sit." He's giving him an order immediately.

 

Jungkook choose not to do it for some reasons, first, he feels bad being told by him that way, second, his leg won't moving because turns out that seeing him in close like this is really messing up with his heart and brains, third, he's just too angry, sad, and confused to do something.

 

"Take a sit."

 

Mr. Kim is repeating what he said to Jungkook and give up when Jungkook is totally ignoring it again.

 

"Didn't i already told you to stay away from my daughter?"

 

"Same strategy won't work, i'm not my sister."

 

He choose to sit on his chair while looking down and thinking about what Yeri and his wife said to him earlier. Jungkook had it hard, and it was his fault, if anything, he's the one who made him like this. He's staring at Jungkook when the door is opened by a harsh touch, it's really loud and Yeri is standing there, her hands is shaking and she's so close to having so much tears on her eyes.

 

"What are you doing here?"

 

She's not answering his question but walking closer to him and stop in front of his desk, her back is facing him when she choose to looks at Jungkook, crying.

 

"He has nothing to do with all the bad things i did to you."

 

Yeri is literally out of her minds, she's acting like a white knight for her father, an idiot. She take a stand for him when it's clear that he's the one who made a mistake to Jungkook. It's completely ridiculous. And she knows it.

 

She's looking at Mr. Kim who totally looked so lost and confused, she also stare at Jungkook, and she feels really guilty for doing this to him.

 

"I'll take everything back, i don't want you to do any revenge, not even to my father."

 

She use her hands to hold Mr. Kim's hand and Jungkook is just standing in front of her with a blank expression. It's hard to decipher what he's thinking right now.

 

"I know he threatened you and he ruined your life, and you probably think that he killed your sister but.."

 

She stopped talking when she can feels a touch on her shoulder, it was Mr. Kim. He's holding her slowly, and Yeri can't help but even get more scared and frustrated, she's crying even harder when Jungkook is gone from her sight, as he walked out without saying a word.