TWENTY ONE

Heimwee ( /ˈɦɛi̯mʋeː/ ) Pt.2

 

Jungkook is opening his eyes immediately when he finally back to a real world. That dream, is that even real?

 

“She..”

 

It was Yeri, he remembers the picture he saw at her house before, that same girl who showed up in his dream tonight. There are so many things showed on his dreams, thing he can not understand but this one, he’s having a hard time to know if that was a reality or just some random dream..he doesn’t know Yeri when he was a kid but how can she showed up precisely that way.

He’s out from his room to take one bottle of cold water and drink everything in one go. What he felt right now is the exact same feeling with what he has after the nightmare from a year ago, the dreams, the hocus pocus thing. It felt real.

 

“I’ll just becoming a nightmare for people close to me. I can probably showed up on yours too.”

 

Yeri on his dream did say that.

 

“What is going on..”

 

This is seriously crazy. He’s anxious and he really need an answer for this, so he decide to take his coat and his car keys, out from his apartment. At 1 AM in the morning.

If everything was real, then the nightmare and everything was happened not because of Sooyoung or Seokjin but because of what they had in the past. That short encounter.

 



 

 

“What are you looking for, Miss?”

 

Nana is totally nervous and panic too, when Yeri suddenly asking her to help her in the attic, at dawn, she was crying and totally looks like a mess. Mr. and Mrs. Kim is also not here.

 

“My bag..”

 

Yeri is already on her second box, she used to came here when she was younger to hide from dr. Yoo. Her mom is placing all Seokjin’s old stuffs here.

 

“What kind of bag?”

 

“The blue one, i used to wear it for school when i was young.”

 

Nana is watching Yeri who talk to her while crying, she’s not even here when she was still in school, how could she help her to find her bag.

 

“Are you sure, it’s still in here?”

 

“I don’t know ! I just need to find it.”

 

She close immediately when Yeri is screaming at her.

 

They stopped talking to each other and focusing with their job, it’s dawn. Why would Yeri suddenly want to see this, Nana just don’t understand it at all.

 

“It has a small flower print on it?”

 

Yer stopped her searching and walk to Nana’s direction when she talked to her.

 

“Yes.”

 

“This one?’

 

She takes the bag from one dirty box, it’s already covered with dust. She opens it slowly, and rummaging it for awhile until she found what she’s looking for.

 

“It was real.”

 

Nana is looking at the thing that Yeri holds, it was a name tag made from plastic. Jeon Jungkook was written on it. It looks a little bit old.

 

Yeri is saying nothing to her when she's running from the attic, walking down the stairs and get in to her room. She's following her closely while being really curious about what is going on.

 

"Do it later, 15 or 20 years later when you're no longer a whiny little kid."

 

Jungkook did say that on her dream, and she did met him that day. It's not about her siblings, it's all about them since the beginning. Their encounter was only a half an hour out of 27 years of  her life, and she can't remember anything about it at all. But through that dream she can remember how she felt really thankful and happy when Jungkook showed up at her lowest stage of life. She can still feel the happiness after she wakes up just like how she can still feel the horrid feeling when Jungkook chase him on their nightmare.

 

"Where are you going?"

 

She's not changing her clothes at all, she only put a thick jacket to cover her sleeveless nightgown. Nana is standing in front of her door.

 

"I need to go somewhere."

 

"You can't. Mr. Kim told us to not let you out for time being."

 

She knows why her dad gave an order, he already learned about the mess that is Jungkook and all his problems, him getting fired, the news report about him doing an assault.

 

"No, I really need to go."

 

Yeri thought she'll get away easy, but turns out that her dad is serious, few of his staffs is at her living room, 2 of them is guarding the door. She can't afford this, she really need to see Jungkook and told him that they met not because of Sooyoung and Seokjin at all, they were not forced.

 

"Just a minute, i swear i'll be back before my dad came home. Please."

 

Everyone feels sorry for Yeri when she kept begging them about this. Nana especially.

 

"30 minutes. Can you do it?"

 

So she's giving up to her.

 

"I promise."

 

Yeri grab her car keys and out from the door in seconds, she doesn't know if she's strong enough to drive, judging from how she was completely sick for the past few days, and her schedule today is completely draining her.

She was right in front of the gate, telling the security to open it when a familiar car stopped across hers. It was Jungkook. It's totally weird that he is here suddenly..she stare at his car for a while when she realized that he will never come here, at this time, unless..the dream happened to him too.

 

He's out from his car and walk slowly towards her. She's not planning this right, and she doesn't know what to tell him. It's too complicated to understand. He knock on her window but she's still doing nothing but holding her wheel and crying. She doesn't know why but seeing him again on this situation when she knows his life is completely in a mess right now, mostly because of her is too painful. She feels really really bad.

 

Jungkook is surprised when Yeri is crying on her car so sudden. Maybe she has another agenda and seeing him here is not what she wanted. Watching her closely like this, he can't help but kept thinking about his dream, she was crying like this too, he's not sure if the dream was real or not but he's gotta admit that the way she cried is still not change at all.

He takes a few step back when she's finally out from her car and stand in front of him while looking down. He watch her takes a deep breath before she finally stopped crying and giving him a stare.

 

"The CF set is not where i met you for the first time"

 

"How could you.."

 

"It wasn't a dream."

 

Yeri is taking something out from his jacket and give it to him. He looks at it, and this is totally ridiculous, his name tag, the one he used to wear when he worked at the bookstore is in there. He can not remember his encounter with Yeri at all, but the fact that she's having this is enough to explain everything. It was not a dream, at all. He did met her 15 years ago.

 

"I said i'll shows up on your nightmare and i did. You told me we should met 15 years later and we did. It's not a hocus pocus, it never was."

 

Yeri is really thankful that she's not the only one who's having that dream so she doesn't need to explain a lot to Jungkook. They met through a dream.

 

Jungkook is not saying anything, the only thing he does is looking at the name tag and at her again and again, he seems really lost and dumbfounded.

 

"I love you not because my brother want me too. I was happy when i met you back then.."

 

She talks with a very thin voice because she's too embarrassed to say this, Jungkook was clear with what he want and regardless of their dream, nightmare, or their past, what is going on to him right now is completely bad and she's at fault.

 

"I know that i completely ruined your life, but i really do love you, can you not pushing me away?"

 

She sounds so desperate but she can't help it, it takes Jungkook quite a long time to finally give her a smile and slowly touch her shoulder and giving her a hug. He caressing her back and Yeri is actually miss him, she'll trade anything to have him again.

 

"I'm the one who said we should meet again, I ruined myself."

 

Jungkook's voice is heavy and sad, to be honest. She shakes her head and hugging him tighter because of it.

 

"I'll be responsible. You don't need to worry at all."

 

She's letting go of him while using her hands to wipe his tears, there's a few drop on his cheeks, he cried too.

 

***

 

Nana can not say anything when Yeri suddenly went home with Jungkook next to her, Mr. Kim's order was clear, he told her about not letting Yeri engage in everything about her boyfriend but now he's here, at dawn, 2AM in the morning, standing side by side with Yeri while drinking a cup of coffee. They looked great and happy so maybe there will be no problem to let them be, Mr. Kim will be back tomorrow anyway, he can be the one who talk to them.

 

"I prepared the guest room for Mr. Jeon if he want to stay the night."

 

"Thank you Nana."

 

"and Miss Yeri, your medicine please. You skipped again tonight."

 

"I understand."

 

Nana is gone from the kitchen and Jungkook looks at Yeri who's a little bit uncomfortable with what she heard.

 

"What's wrong?"

 

"I’m sick."

 

"Is it bad?"

 

He touch her face and it is warm despite the cold temperature outside. She still has a fever.

 

"I'm fine, now. I’m worried about you.”

 

“Well, i’m not sick. I lost my firm, my job, if you really want to take responsibility of me, now is your chance.”

 

Yeri is aware he’s trying to talk about it as a joke, but she already know him too much to realized that Jungkook is angry, disappointed, regretful, and scared with what is going on right now.

 

“Who did this?”

 

“Everyone. I was behaving like a trash to these people and they make me pay for what i’ve done. It’s a usual thing.”

 

He give her a smile , a fake one obviously. He take a sit quite far away from where she stand and staring at the huge window next to him. It’s still feel surreal to actually having him around her again, so Yeri doesn’t want to ruin it, she’ll wait until Jungkook is ready to tell her everything.

 

“That bookstore is already close, right? The place you worked.”

 

“The owner passed away when i’m still in college and his daughter closed it. Why?”

 

“Nothing.”

 

She give Jungkook a smile when he caught her taking her medicine.

 

“Don’t you need sleep or something? Your face is really pale.”

 

Jungkook is pressing her shoulder and she takes his hand while linking both of her arms on his waist and she takes a deep breath before she talk to him while staring at the floor.

 

“You can not go anywhere before i told you so.”

 

“Do you want me to live here?”

 

“No, you won’t get along with my father.”

 

“Obviously.”

 

There is a change in Yeri’s expression, her hands is no longer in his waist, she let him go.

 

“He said you are his fear. My father is a fearless man but he said you scare him, because of me.”

 

She’s talking while looking down and Jungkook know what she meant. He is a threat, an enemy for Yeri’s father, why would he let Yeri stay with him when the only thing he could see from him is a 15 years old orphan who refused his money even though he needs it more than anything. The selfish and prideful kid.

 

“You said i’m similar with him. We’re not fearless.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“He is a good father, that’s what i mean, i have my own fear too, for example..i’m scared that you’ll get really sick right now, so let’s take a rest and we’ll talk again tomorrow.”

 

No one ever said that her dad is a good father, even her own mom never told her that, only Jungkook did. She give him a smile and nod her head, agreeing with his suggestion.

 

“You don’t need the guest room, you can stay with me.”

 

She offers his hand to him and he takes it, Yeri knows they have so many things to sort out, she need to think about Jungkook, his firm and stuffs, he also need to think about Irene who can easily release news about her relationship in no time, there’s also his dad and his perception of him, Lea, Jimin. But she want to put a hold on everything and stay with Jungkook without thinking about all of that.

 

***

 

Jungkook is having no will to fall asleep, he ended up watching Yeri who laying down on her bed looking sick and tired.

 

He has nothing left on his life except her right now, the mess was not anyone’s fault but him. Sooyoung has nothing to do with this and he needs to deal with it by himself. He takes a sit in a chair and drag it next to Yeri’s bed. He’s looking down and groaning when he realized he has no way out for his problems.

 

“Why?”

 

He stopped when Yeri start talking to him and reaching for his hand, she wakes up.

 

Yeri is gets up from her bed when Jungkook is not answering her question. He’s just staring at her blankly while playing with her hands. He let out a heavy sigh and give her a little smile.

 

“I feel like, it’s time for me to pay for my wrongdoing. I’m losing everything.”

 

That’s what he said, his voice is really weak.

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

“Jihoon is the one who made the news report, Mr. Lee is the one who fired me and Tron is the one who wants me to get fired. I treat them bad so this is what i got.”

 

“It’s all my fault. Lee Jihoon, Mr. Lee, Tron. I should’ve paying you back for your ice cream and this is what i’m doing to you..”

 

Jungkook is laughing hearing what she said and tell her to come closer.

 

“What did you do at the bookstore anyway? You’re not from around there.”

 

She chose to sit on his lap and caressing his back. He doesn’t looks fine.

 

“I ran away, me at that time was really messed up. I didn’t have any friends, my parents were scared of me, my brother died, I was not happy at all..I usually spend my times roaming around the street went to a coffee shop, karaoke room, shopping mall, bookstore..”

 

“You looked really sad, indeed. i think that’s why instead of leaving you alone, i took you for an ice cream instead.”

 

“I think i was really happy, i remember Mr. Joo picking me up from town one day when i’m not being annoying or angry at him, I was behaving so nicely, it’s probably the day when i met you.”

 

He looks confused with what she said.

 

“Mr. Joo he is..you know..”

 

“The one who came to me?”

 

She nod her head fast.

 

“He told me to stay out from trouble while giving me the money. Is there any chance that he saw me with you or..?”

 

“He’ll talk to my father if he does.”

 

“Well..your father told me that he never put a price for my sister’s life, he said he paid a price for yours.”

 

“I’ll ask him about that. My father was always protective of me since my brother died, and because of that i was determined to recover completely so i could have my own life. I was treated for almost 3 years by dr.Yoo”

 

“You do have this kind of vibe which making people want to protect you or something..”

 

He talks to her after giving her a quick kiss on her lips. It’s surprising because Yeri never thought that she will ever receive this kind of affection from Jungkook again after so many wrongdoing she made to him.

 

“My father told me, that’s because i’m weak, what about you?”

 

“I don’t know. The only thing i always want to protect is the thing i owned, so there’s that..”

 

She’s chuckling because of his answer.

 

“Lee Jihoon too..”

 

Jungkook can see that Yeri is a little bit uncomfortable with the talk about Jihoon.

 

“He likes you. You mean something to him.”

 

She’s becoming quiet and using her little finger to play with his shirt. She looks troubled.

 

“He came to me and i think i was being overboard. He’s really angry..”

 

Whatever happens, Jungkook knows it’s not good, given how Jihoon came to him and talked about Yeri in such intriguing way like today means he really is angry. And that’s not good.

Lee Jihoon is crazy. He already took hit from his anger through the fake report he released, he can’t imagine what other thing he would do because of his resentment to Yeri. But since he's becoming fond of her, he won’t do anything bad, right?

 

“I think that’s why he did this to you.”

 

“No. Jihoon and i have different problems. It’s not because of you.”

 

“And what about Sky? It’s something you’re owned too.”

 

“I don’t know..”

 

If Jungkook who’s technically smarter, older and the better business than Yeri doesn’t know what to do, then what about her. She’s honestly embarrassed.

 

“I..really want to say that i’ll be here for you and saying all the cliche things to cheer you up while trying to hide my incapability to help you but..i actually have an idea.”

 

“I don’t mind hearing those words too. The cliche one.”

 

“Ask my dad to help you.”

 

Yeri is being really really careful with how she said it because she knows what Jungkook’s opinion about it. His pride won’t allow it and his relationship with her father is also far from good. The last thing she heard, Jungkook was trying to fight her dad when he was sick, not to mention that Mr. Kim still see Jungkook as his fears and will probably angry to heard she’s getting back together with him.

 

“He said he will help you. Only if you asked.”

 

“Forget it.”

 

Yeri is sighing while cupping Jungkook’s face and rest her chin on top of his head.

 

“I’ll be here for you.”

 

She said it quickly.

 

“That is enough.”

 

He’s giving her a hug and Yeri can’t help but feeling upset with this. It’s not enough. It’s clearly not enough.

 



 

“He came here last night, Sir..”

 

Yeri is opening her eyes slowly when she heard noises from outside her door. It was Nana and both of her parents having a conversation.

 

“Just let her be..come on.. Tell them to come down for breakfast, Nana.”

 

“Yes.”

 

It’ll be a hectic morning. She’s already dizzy thinking about what is going to happen.

She realized that Jungkook is still asleep next to her when he’s mumbling something on his sleep. A rare occasion, he usually wakes up early.

Jungkook is actually not that different with the boy she encounter on her dream last night. It’s 15 years later but he’s still really similar with the younger version of him.

She was going to watching him sleep a little longer but someone is knocking on her door. She stare at it for a while hoping for it to stop but it’s not.

 

“Breakfast in 30 minutes, Miss.”

 

It was Nana who totally looks tired because Yeri keep bothering her last night.

 

“My parents?”

 

“They already arrived this morning.”

 

“Alright, I understand.”

 

She close the door and feeling nervous about this.

 

“Who was it?” Jungkook is awake because of the knock.

 

Yeri is walking closer to him and pushing him back to her bed and telling him to sleep more when he asked. She’s hugging him tight and closing her eyes again.
 

"Let's go back to sleep."


“You were sleeping on my lap last night and you were whining when i tried to move you here.”

 

“I don’t remember.”

 

“I sat there for 2 hours waiting for you to really fall asleep before i moved you here.”

 

Yeri is opening her eyes again when he talked to her while chuckling, she let him go slowly so he can gets down from the bed.

 

“You’re still a whiny little kid.”

 

He get inside the bathroom while laughing at her.

 

***

 

“Where are you going?”

 

Yeri is already waiting for him when he’s done. She’s totally going somewhere, she changed her clothes and stuffs.

 

“Downstairs for the breakfast.”

 

Jungkook is not expecting Yeri to take him for a breakfast with her entire family. Mr and Mrs. Kim is here, they seems aware about him because their expression is totally awkward.

 

“It’s just a breakfast. You are here as my boyfriend and not anything else.”

 

He was dragged and Yeri pushed his shoulder to sit across Mr. Kim at the center of the dining table meanwhile she takes a sit next to him.

 

“Good morning.”

 

Yeri is trying really hard to make the situation less tense and awkward with a greeting. Her mom is the only one who cares, she give her a smile, a little bit forced but she feels thankful for it. Meanwhile her dad is not looking at her direction at all, he’s busy with his phone.

 

“We had a deal, Mr. Jeon.”

 

“Stop it.”

 

Yeri staring at her mom when she looks panicked and trying to make her husband quiet.

 

“What deal?”

 

She’s trying to find an answer to Jungkook, she looks up at him while holding his hands. And he give her a smile while taking a piece of bread before putting it to his plate. He looks natural and fine.

 

“Mr. Kim told me to stay away from you and i said yes. I promised him.”

 

Yeri is totally annoyed but not exactly surprised, it’s just something Mr. Kim and Jungkook would do.

 

“I don’t understand why my life should depend according to both of you wanted. It was not a deal if i don’t even know about it, right?”

 

“Yeri-ya, stop it!”

 

She’s letting go of Jungkook’s hand because she feels disappointed by it, no matter how angry he was, he is not supposed to do that. She’s also rolling her eyes to her dad, he is so controlling and she hates it.

 

“Jungkook-ah eat a lot. I made this one special for you.”

 

Mrs. Kim is the only one who’s keeping a peace on this table. It has been such a long time when this table is full again after Seokjin gone. She doesn’t want to waste any moment of this.

Jungkook is not doing anything when he received one scoop of his favorite menu on his plate. He nods his head to Mrs. Kim trying to be polite with her kind gesture.

 

"We need to talk, Mr. Jeon." Mr. Kim is out from his seat, and Jungkook is aware he doesn't like the fact that he is here crashing his family's breakfast.

 

"He's having a breakfast." Mr. Kim totally looks annoyed when Yeri is the one who respond to what he said.

 

He doesn't want to deal with any arguments, so he choose to get up from his sit and follow Mr. Kim to his office near the front door. He stare at Yeri and she totally looks not happy and somehow worried.

 

"We had deal."

 

Mr. Kim is pouring a glass of liquor from his shelf for him to drink, at 8 AM in the morning, when he haven't eat anything yet. His stomach will suffers with this, but he ended up drinking it, he feels obligated.

 

"Do you know anything about Lee Jihoon?"

 

Mr. Kim is surprised when Jungkook suddenly ask him about Lee Jihoon, since Yeri told him to find out about what's going on, Mr. Kim actually learned a lot regarding Jungkook's life as a young executive, including his enemy and his colleagues, especially Mr. Lee and Lee Jihoon,who has been knowing Jungkook for so long. For years.

 

"He is the one who framed you, right?"

 

"He knows about Yeri and what she did to Tron."

 

Jungkook can see that Mr. Kim is quite surprise hearing this. He takes a sit on his chair and drinking the same drink with him while sighing. He looks concerned.

 

"His reputation is great, compared to you."

 

Jungkook is totally offended with that, it was so ridiculous, he's becoming speechless and the only thing he can do right now is ironically laughing at what Mr. Kim said.

 

"Yeri told me that you see me as your fears. Why?"

 

Mr. Kim is totally taken aback, why would Yeri told Jungkook about that. It was so humiliating.

 

"Do you know that i'm still keeping the money you shredded and the note you gave me?"

 

He open a drawer with lock at the bottom of his desk and taking out a big employees, Jungkook remember that, can't believe that Mr. Kim is still keeping this.

 

"I was a man who try to keep his family in tact after a tragedy and when a 15 years old doing this to me, it's totally makes sense for me to freak out and to see you as a threat, for my entire family, Mr. Jeon."

 

"And i was a depressed 15 years old orphan, who just lost his sister and live in poverty. it's totally makes sense for me to get angry at your son. I didn't even know you were the one who gave the money, i didn't know Kim Seokjin was dead, i thought it was him who did this to me, the same guy who promised me and my sister a future."

 

"Are you sure if you knew about me and about his suicide, you won't becoming who you are right now, Mr. Jeon?"

 

Mr. Kim is talking to Jungkook in such a serious way, a little bit intimidating because he's sure Jungkook only use all the wrongdoing he had done to him as an excuse  for him to behaving like trash for 15 years. He's trying to put all the blame on him.

 

"I am sure."

 

He's surprised when Jungkook talks with so much certainty, answering his question.

 

"Do you know that Yeri and I already met even before i was turn into your fears and a monster? it was almost a year after my sister died and i even bought her ice cream, i live in poverty but i bought your rich daughter an ice cream. I was a nice person, Mr. Kim."

 

"I already afraid of you at that time. That's why i sent you the money."

 

Not really surprising but still, everything just a total bummer for Jungkook.

 

"So you knew about that?"

 

"I tried to keep you away from her my whole life, i did ruined you in the process, and i regret it, but when you came back to me 15 years later and trying to ruin her life, tell me how can i trust you, Jungkook-ah?"

 

Mr. Kim is talk to him in a higher tone, he looks so frustrated and angry too.

 

"The same way with why i believe in you despite all the things you've done to me."

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"I told you about Lee Jihoon, because i trust you."

 

"Lee Jihoon..he.."

 

"I trust you because Kim Yeri also trust you."

 

Jungkook is out from the room after giving quite an impact to Mr. Kim, everything he said and he did, it was just too much.