TWENTY FOUR

Heimwee ( /ˈɦɛi̯mʋeː/ ) Pt.2

 

Yeri is working seriously because she wants to do better, her career already surrounded by so much drama. Opportunity like this is totally rare for her, not to mention that she’s also giving a hard time to people like  Irene, Jay and Bona. Making her life all about Jungkook and the past few months was a selfish behaviour and she knows it very well.

 

“You have 3 hours to sleep, i’ll drop you off.”

 

She stare at the clock when Jungkook is coming to her suddenly and giving her a back hug, he’s been sleeping while she’s working. It’s 4 AM now, she needs to get ready at 7AM.

 

“Jay will get me, you don’t need to act like my manager all the time.”

 

“I’ll come to get you when you’re done too.”

 

“You’re really acting like my father.”

 

She takes his hand and laughing at him when he stand in front of her chair and caressing her face. She really is tired and stressed, there are too many problems in her life, she doesn’t know how to solved all of it.

 

“My job will end early today, and i’ll call Lea for a lunch together. You don’t need to worry, i’ll call you when i’m done.”

 

“About that..”

 

“I understand if you don’t trust Lee Jihoon, but Lea? I will be fine, she will be fine too. I’m going to fix my problems.”

 

“She’s not your problem.”

 

“Oh, she is..she always is.”

 

***

 

Jungkook is totally not expecting this after a long talk with Yeri before he falls asleep when she’s agree to staying close with him for today only, because right now he wakes up in an empty bed, empty room and house, the only thing Yeri left from him was a small note on the fridge. She said she went with Jay and Bona earlier than her schedule and he shouldn’t worry. He is mad, annoyed obviously, so he’s trying to call her right away, and she picked up.

 

“A video call? Seriously?”

 

She was getting her hair done and everyone looked really awkward when Yeri put her phone on the table in front of her. Bona is also there, he can see her on his phone screen.

 

Yeri is smiling when Jungkook is not saying anything but cut the phone call right away. He must be not expecting that.

 

“Your boyfriend is quite protective, Yeri-ssi?”

 

A young woman who’s doing her hair asking her the question while chuckling.

 

“I’m the protective one these days.”

 

Yeri knows people just want gossips about her relationship because they know how much problems and drama surrounding it right now. Jungkook getting fired, his fight with Jihoon and other stuffs. It’s annoying, so she rather to shut them up immediately instead of engaging with them.

 

“Because of the incident?”

 

These people are always act passive-aggressive towards her all the time, and they have all the chances right now.

 

“Because i want to.”

 

“Unnie. It’s time to go.”

 

Bona noticed the change of expression from Yeri and letting her stay any longer is not a really wise decision. She grab her bag and drag her hand from the hair salon really quick.

 

“But my hair...”

 

“I’ll do it for you. Unnie.”

 

They’re finally out in seconds and Yeri is staring at her, demanding an explanation for this.

 

“Why?”

 

“We can’t afford you to make any scene, arguing or fighting with those girls.”

 

Yeri is holding her shoulder and patting it, she takes a roller from her bang and throwing it to a trash can next to her. She looks so cool like this, intimidated as usual.
 

“I know our situation… and I won’t do it, i’m no longer like that.”

 

“What do you mean? They insults you.”

 

“Yes, but i have so much more priority than getting angry at them.”

 

She’s doing nothing when Yeri get inside the van with a smile. This is such an impressive change. She thought Yeri will throwing tantrum and getting mad like crazy but she didn’t.

 



 

 

“This is your office, Mr. Jeon.”

 

Jungkook is totally dumbfounded and taken aback when his new office was the one he saw yesterday. The one which Mr. Kim called as Seokjin’s office. One of his secretary is showing him around.

 

“Are you sure? It’s been empty for years.”

 

“Don’t worry, we’re already cleaned it up, all the equipments already checked, and it’s working just fine, your chair, your table..”

 

“He must be joking.”

 

“No, I’m not.”

 

He’s looking at the door when Mr. Kim is walking towards him, the woman from earlier give him a bow and out from the room quickly, leaving him with this weirdo man alone.

 

“Is this a compensation too?”

 

“It’s a challenge.”

 

“You’re using me as a filler for your missing son. I can see through you.”

 

“Of course, I am. You don’t want it?”

 

He saw Mr. Kim placing a new placard on that table with his name on it.

 

“My son was graduated with the highest score from the most prestigious school at town. He’s been doing this job since he was 16 years old. Be a worthy filler, Mr. Jeon.”

 

This man is such an , he’s quite hurt with what he just said but it’s all gone when he give him a smile and pat his shoulder twice. It felt genuine.

 

“My daughter using you as a filler too, as her lost brother, caretaker, bestfriend, family..”
 

“Is that a compliment?”

 

“Sort of. If you need to see me, my secretary will be outside all day, gain her approval first then you can see me. I’ll lock the connecting door, don’t ever think to use that.”

 

He watched Mr. Kim walk out from his office and there’s a strange feeling on his heart.
 

Is it even possible to see someone you hates for your whole life as something different something better?

 

***

 

 

“Jungkook Oppa will get me when i’m done, you guys tell Irene unnie i’ll be fine.”

 

Yeri is done with her schedule today, the casting went out really smoothly because of Jungkook. Judging from their directions and what the casting team told her, it’s obvious that they’re willing to take a risk for casting her because she is really good and suitable for their product, no matter how complicated her situation is.

 

“He called me twice, and he said to not leave you alone.”

 

“I’m not alone. I’ll be having a coffee with Lea, you know her, right? And i’m sure few of my father’s minion will be here in few minutes too. I have two crazy men as my baby sitter, i don’t need another one, Jay.”

 

Jay is not sure about leaving her behind, but she’’s reassuring him with a pat on his back

 

“Call me if something happens.”

 

“I’ll call my boyfriend first. See you tomorrow.”

 

She waves her hands to him as he start to driving away.

 

Yeri knows the risk, that’s why she choose a crowded coffee shop near her dad’s office building to see Lea. She’s already agree to showed up on the meeting, everything will be fine.

 

She arrived first, so she place an order for two cup of coffee, a little bit nervous since she’s afraid people will recognized her.

She take a table at the very back, waiting for Lea while send Jungkook a text messages about her well being and asking him when will he finished his work, she also offers him to bring dinners both for her dad and him, so they can eat together. It’s always her dreams to be able to do that kind of normal thing since she was young.

 

“Kim Yeri-ssi..”

 

She stop using her phone when Lea is finally here, she takes a sit in front of her and everything looks really awkward. It’s obvious that she’s uncomfortable with her.
 

“Oh, thank you for coming.”

 

“What was the thing you wanted to talk about?”

 

Lea’s voice is shaking and nervous, maybe because she knows Jungkook will definitely become the topic of their conversation and she’s disliking it.

 

“I want to apologize.”

 

“You’ve done nothing wrong to me.”

 

“Jeon Jungkook is not at fault, can you not leaving him behind?”

 

“Then, do you want me to stay with him when i know he was destroyed by people like you? I’m not an angel. It’s making me sick and angry too.”

 

She takes a deep breath and looking around when she realized that Lea is talking louder than her. She’s afraid people will heard her.

 

“I know how much you care for him and i understand why you or Jimin-ssi is against him to get close with me, after all i’ve done to him..but Lea..”

 

“Can we talk somewhere else? I don’t like here.”

 

Yeri is agreeing with Lea when she can also see few people start recognized her, even under that hat and thick jacket. She nod her head and Lea is getting up first, she walks behind her until she stopped at the parking lot.

 

“You have a car?”

 

Lea is opening the door for her, a branded car. She doesn’t know she has one.

 

“Get in, we’ll talk on the way.”

 

She’s studying her expression and not gonna lie, this is suspicious. But Lea? Come on.. She’s the goody two shoes type of person, less more trashy than her in any way.

 

“Fine.”

 

So she decide to sit at the passenger seat while fasting her seat belt and the next thing she knows, another person is already sit next to her while slamming the door really hard.

 

“Indeed, all the girls around Jeon Jungkook are stupid.”

 

It’s Lee Jihoon.

 

***

 

 

Jungkook is quite bothered when he was just going home and a bunch of men wearing a suit is running in front of his office, Mr. Joo is one of them. They were all entering Mr. Kim’s office.

 

He’s still trying to figuring out something when the connecting door opened from Mr. Kim’s side. He looks really furious.

 

“Yeri is gone.”

He said it suddenly and Jungkook can not understand what’s going on and when he looks at everyone, studying their expressions, he knows something is wrong.

He takes his phone from his pocket, and last message Yeri sent him was a dinner menu, she told him to choose, it was just 30 minutes ago. He ignored it before.

 

“I’ll call her manager.”

 

Jay is not picking up, so he calls Bona while watching Mr. Kim is talking to his staffs.

 

“Jeon Jungkook-ssi?”

 

“Kim Yeri, where is she?”

 

“What’s going on?”

 

“Just answer me, where is she?!”

 

“I’ll let you talk with Jay, wait a second.”

 

Bona is rushing to find Jay at his office, she’s running really hard.

 

“Jungkook-ssi want to know where Yeri unnie is.”

 

“She’s..”

 

“Just  talk to him.”

 

She watched Jay talk to Jungkook from afar, what is going on again right now? This is nerve-wracking.

The phone call ended faster than her expectation and Jay’s face is pale right now.

 

“He said she is gone.”

 

“What do you mean she is gone?”

 

“They can’t reach her and she’s nowhere to be found.”

 

“Are you serious? Where do you left her?”

 

“She was having a coffee with that secretary..Lea.”

 

“We need to find her.”


 

Jay is the one who’s walking out from the room first. Irene is in the middle of meeting outside the agency so they choose to let her know through a text message. This is a mess.

 

***

 

Lea is walking to her home after thinking about what was going on. She regrets what she did but Yeri and Jihoon are friends. The possibility of him hurting her is small, he was beating Jungkook up before because he said he deserved it and as someone who watched Jungkook all this time, she can understand why that can happen.

Jihoon said he just need to talk with Yeri, maybe a talk with him will makes Yeri realized that everything she did was wrong.

 

“Lea-ssi! Lee Lea!”

 

She stopped her walk when a man is running toward her. A small girl is following him from behind. It’s Yeri’s manager, both of them.

 

“Where is Yeri unnie?”

The girl manager is holding her arms, and she feels nervous about this.

 

“I don’t know.”

 

“You were with her earlier.”

The man is talking to her in such a rude way and held her wrist when she’s trying to walk away from them.

 

“I was having a coffee and she’s still there.”

 

“What did she say to you. Lea-ssi?”

 

“Nothing ! She asked me out and i went home, let me go!”

 

Bona is holding Jay’s chest when Lea trying to free herself from his grip. She has tears on her eyes and her face is pale.

 

“Lea!”

 

Bona is turning her back when someone is approaching them from afar. It’s Jeon Jungkook, his car parked at the side of the road, he looks like a mess.

 

“Mr. Jeon! These people trying to..”

 

“Where is Yeri?”

 

“I don’t know!”

 

Lea is really  a bad liar, even for people who doesn’t know her like Jay.  Jungkook is totally catch that vibe from her. He holds her shoulder and taking her closer to him, staring and glaring at her with the scariest and intimidating gaze he ever saw from a handsome man. He is serious about this, and Lea push him away while crying.

 

“Leave me alone!”

 

Bona is holding Jungkook’s hand and pull him back  from Lea. He is now standing next to Jay, using his phone, looking really scared and stressed, what the hell is going on?

 

“Lea-ssi, we need to know where she is..”

 

“I don’t know. I swear i don’t!”

 

“Please..”

 

Lea is not responding to Bona but wiping her tears and walking away from her slowly, until the most absurd thing happens.


 

The Jeon Jungkook who once named as the most influential young businessman in a whole country , the monster, the cold-headed talented money maker, was kneeling right in front of her, a girl without any remarkable educational background, a powerless human being.
 

“Please, Lea.”

 

His voice is so weak. This is unbelievable.

 

“This is so stupid, Mr. Jeon..i lived my life everyday with the money you gave me, i was the one who you insults and nagged everytime i failed to do my work. I’m nothing to people like you. I’m not worthy, get up !”

 

Jay is actually think Lea is quite something as well, she is brave, annoying but also smart. She is not weak.

 

“It’s true that you’re not worthy. But Kim Yeri is..”

 

He change his eyes to Jungkook who really looks serious and he gotta admit this is something beyond his expectation. He is aware that this man is in love with Yeri but he never thought it will reach to this point somehow.

 

“See? You were being played, destroyed again and again by her. Your sacrifices won’t get you anywhere.”

 

“You won’t understand..”

 

“Really? I was the one who stood up for you all the time..”

 

Jay decide to drag Bona away and tell her to get back to their car instead of listening to their conversation.

 

“Why?”

 

“We better leave.”

 

Lea is totally having a strong feeling for Jungkook, and this is too personal, he just doesn’t want to involve with this.

 

“Sacrifices? I did it for you all the time, you just don’t have enough courage to accept it.”

 

Lea is totally crazy, she has that thoughts on her own mind for a long time. And, this is it. Her last straw over her feelings for Jungkook for the past year. She knows what she said is not completely reaching when Jungkook close his mouth without saying anything to her. He admits that she is right.

 

“I was hurt, Mr. Jeon.”

 

“I’m really sorry, Lea. There’s nothing i can do about that.”

 

“You can, put a mercy on your life, Mr. Jeon, stop letting everyone ruining you, not Mr. Lee, not Kim Yeri and her family.”

 

“She never ruined me.”

 

“Mr. Jeon..”

 

“Now tell me where she is or just like what you said, i’ll be damned if i can’t find her.”

 

“Lee Jihoon”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“He’s taking him with her, i don’t know where to. I swear.”

 

***

 

Mrs. Kim is totally anxious, she’s already try to call a bunch of people asking for Yeri whereabout but nobody is aware about her missing. Her phone is dead and not even her husband know where she is, and that shown how bad the situation is.

 

“How is it? Do you receive any news?”

 

“I’m still trying to get CCTV from the coffee shop she visited earlier.”


Back in the days, things like this happened quite often, Yeri is missing, running away from home and making them worried, but things never get so ugly like today where nobody know what is going on, including Jungkook, the person who stay with her all the time.

 

“Mr. Jeon is here.”

 

Nana is informing her about Jungkook who’s finally back. He walks to the house really quick, he looks tired and stressed even more than her as Yeri’s parent.

 

“I want all of your men looking for Lee Jihoon, he has her.”

 

He talks to Mr. Kim while taking of his suit and looking around.

 

“I need one person to go with me.”

 

“I’ll go with you.”

 

His husband never want to involve directly on this, he always said that Yeri will just running away more if he is the one who’s looking for her.

 

“What are you doing?” She’s asking him about it because this is just weird.

 

“She’s not running away this time. I knew it.”

 

“I won’t responsible for you, if i had to choose between my safety or yours, i’ll go with mine.”

Jungkook doesn’t seems please with that decision, even his words was rude.

 

“Jungkook-ah!”

 

“Fine.”

 

Mrs. Kim can’t do anything when both of them is out from the house followed by few others. This is really a nightmare.

 



 

 

 

“You’re kidnapping me.”

 

Yeri is trying really hard to act like this is not a big deal when in reality, she is scared to death. The sky is already dark, it’s been hours since Jihoon takes her away from the crowded city, she doesn’t know where her position is right now.

 

“No, i’m bothering Jeon Jungkook, just so you know, if i were to hurt you, i’ll do it, not because of you but your boyfriend. This is all his fault, take a note.”

 

She close her eyes when Jihoon nearly hit a border road on his right, that was really close, at speed like this, even expensive car is hard to controlled.

 

“What do you want from me?”

 

“You’ll know.”

 

***

 

“Where are you going?”

 

“Lee Jihoon, he’s crazy but also reckless and stupid, i know a place. “

 

Mr. Kim is no longer talk to Jungkook but decide to watch the road. What should he say about him, he’s just another crazy guy. Someone who always knows exactly what he wants, brave, smart, full of calculations and dependable. All the traits Seokjin had, Jungkook is having everything,  even that one about doing it all for a cliche thing like love. They’re similar.

 

His phone is ringing and he picks up and automatically turn on the speaker so Jungkook can also heard it, it’s from Mr. Joo, must be something regarding Kim Yeri.

 

“What is it?”

 

“Lee Jihoon is heading to the town border. 90 km East, an hour ago.”

 

Mr. Kim lift his face to Jungkook, because turns out that they are heading to the right way.

 

“We’re going there now. Keep me updated.”

 

“Alright, Sir.”

 

Jungkook is aware that Mr. Kim was surprised with how accurate his guess was, part of him certainly have suspicion regarding this, because how high the possibilities of Jihoon is working with Jungkook to take him and Yeri out, so the revenge he always wanted will finally works. There are doubts on his eyes, but he doesn’t care, the only thing he want is Yeri to get back to him, safe, without any single wound.

 

***

 

Yeri is out from the car when Jihoon is dragging her out, she doesn't even know where this place is but a familiar memories is finally showed up on top of her head. This place is the beach with beautiful sunset from months ago, Jihoon took her here and she spent a night with Jungkook here.

 

"Let me go. I will scream."

 

"Are you seriously don't understand why i'm doing this?"

 

Jihoon is finally stop dragging her in front of a small port, she doesn't know this place is exist before, a medium size motor boat was anchored on it.

 

"No."

 

"I'm asking you to fulfill your promise, you supposed to be my friend."

 

Yeri is being really careful at facing him when she realized that Jihoon is probably not on his right mind.  

 

"This boat..are we leaving on this? Where ?"

 

"I don't know, i'm still not deciding yet."

 

"And what if i refused to go with you?"

 

"It's your choice. But i'll makes sure the list of people you were killed will increase."

 

Yeri is watching Jihoon wearing a backpack, she thought he's bringing a gun or a weapon on it but when he opens it for her to see, it's a pile of brick.
She can feels a sudden pain on her stomach when she finally realized what kind of crazy plan Ji Hoon has for her.

 

"I'll just died, like your brother and you need to blame yourself for it till the day you died."

 

The image of Seokjin on the day he died is back to her minds really quick, the way he hugged her that morning, his eyes, what he said to her, her incapability to help him, her guilts, everything is coming to her at once and she ended up crying because of it.
 

 

"Kim Yeri!"

 

Jungkook is totally relieved when he found two familiar figures are standing a few meters away from him. He's been searching the area for 15 minutes and he is glad when he finally found them. He's trying to call Yeri over but she's not moving from her position, she's sitting on the ground while Jihoon watching her.

 

"Come on, Kim yeri, get up!"

 

Yeri can feels her arms being dragged again by Jihoon, he looks panicked and trying so hard to take her on the boat.

 

"Stop!”

 

She finally back to reality when a familiar voice is coming from behind. Jungkook is here, she turn her face to him slowly, and not gonna lie she feels so much relieves when she saw him. She was going to run and hide behind him but Jihoon is holding her arms.

 

"I'll seriously do it, Kim Yeri. I'm not afraid. And out of all people in the whole world, who would be blame for my death beside him?"

 

Jihoon is right, a whole world is aware about what Jungkook did, exposing him and making him lost his job and his reputation, he is the only one to blame.

 

"What are you doing? Kim Yeri! come here!"

 

And the thoughts of that is enough to makes her stop, Jungkook is totally furious when she does that.

 

"Jihoon just going to show me the sunrise using this boat, i asked for it."

 

Jungkook is totally taken aback and dumbfounded when Yeri talks to him with a smile and linking her arms on Jihoon's, he knows she is lying because Jihoon is totally surprise with the way she act.

 

"You're lying."

 

"I'm not, you can ask Lea, she knows i'm going with Jihoon."

 

Yeri knows what she's saying right now is a total rubbish, Jungkook totally won’t believe it but she has no other way.

Jihoon is letting her go when she decide to walk closer to Jungkook who's still can not understand what is going on with her.

 

"Is he threatened you?"

 

That's what he said when she finally stand in front of him, caressing his arms, trying to making him calm.

 

"I'll be fine. Jihoon just need someone to talk with, he won't hurt me."

 

"You're trusting him too much and i'm not."

 

"Just let me go, i promise i'll be fine and i'll be back to you in no time."


 

She looks at Jihoon who's already walking closer to her and ready to drag her again. She knows the whole thing is totally absurd, but for just one time, she doesn't want to give troubles for people and she wants taking care of everything on her own.

She doesn't want another Seokjin, Sooyoung, or Jungkook, someone who lost their life because of her mistake. She wants to be happy without having any guilts for the rest of her life, not anymore.

 

"What did he use to threatened you that you're being unreasonable like this?"

 

Jungkook is the one who push Jihoon from her when he finally stand next to her, it's surprising that Jungkook still have energy to do this, he's obviously looks exhausted.

 

"You, stay there!"

 

Jihoon is actually laughing at him and taking a few steps back before lift his shoulder because Yeri is holding Jungkook from doing something more to him.

 

"We're old enough to not do this, Jungkook-ah..I always lost everything over you, can't i borrow your girlfriend for a second?"

 

"Shut up!"

 

Jihoon stop immediately when Yeri is the one who's screaming at him and telling him to go. He actually listened to her and with that Jungkook is feeling better knowing that Yeri is still capable to protect herself and stand for herself in front of Jihoon after whatever threat he gave her.

 

"Listen, you can go and i'll catch up with you after awhile.."

 

"What are you talking about? No!"

 

"You want me to let you go, right?"

 

"And what is your plan? It's 1 AM, there's no one around here."

 

"Your dad is here, i can ask for his help and i'll come to get you, no matter what."

 

"My dad is here?"

 

"He's so worried, he's looking for you on the other side of the island.."

 

That was feels like hearing a good news after such a long time, she never expecting her dad to actually here, after years of protecting her through his minions.

 

"Be careful. I’ll let you go, because i trust you, Kim Yeri."

 

Yeri knows her dad is capable on doing anything so she's agree with Jungkook's condition. She give him a quick hug because she doesn't want Jihoon feels more bothered with her affection for Jungkook.

***

 

"Ready to go?"

Jihoon is telling her to get on the boat while offering him his hand, she ignores it. The boat is not big but also far from small, it's like a mini cruise, luxurious too.

Turns out that no one else is here, Jihoon is the one who will act as the captain, Yeri is following him to check if he actually knows what to do or not, but turns out that he is good. Yeri decide to let him when the boat is finally moving.

 

She watch Jungkook who's busy with her phone and staring at her when he's done. The boat still sailing really slowly but the beach where Jungkook stand is getting darker, it was just a few minutes journey before she realized that Jungkook is no longer there.

 

"He is crazy."

It takes her few seconds when she can see a clear movement on the water, it's certainly him. Without thinking much, she decide to enter the control room again.

 

"You must slowing down the boat."

 

"Why?"

 

"I think something got caught, it's probably a rock or something, it can ruin the boat."

 

"I'll check it!"

 

"No! How can you leave this room, you're the captain."

 

"It can be set as automatic."

 

"I don't trust computer, you stay here, or i'll jump of the boat."

 

"Fine."

 

Jihoon seems believing what she said, so she's walking really fast to the back of the boat. Jungkook is getting closer because Jihoon decreasing the boat speed quite a lot. Summer is already months ago and the water down there is certainly not warm, he could die, Jeon Jungkook. She offers her hand to him when he finally reach the boat, his hands is super cold so she drag him really quick.

 

"I hate you."

 

Jungkook is smiling when he heard that words from Yeri, the expensive swimming club fee he attended once in a month for the past few years is actually worthy, it's not useless at all.
 

"I changed my mind. I don’t trust you"

 

He's coughing when Yeri is taking off her jacket and wrapping him on it, she's also busy making his hand warm with a blow, she looks really worried but he knows that what he did was good. How can he lose her to a jerk like Jihoon.

 

Yeri is getting up real quick and leave him to the inside of cabin.

 

"It's fine now."

She said that to Jihoon while walking past by him and taking few blankets from a couch.

 

She’s running back to Jungkook and moving really quickly to wrap him with more blanket, it takes her quite a while and she give him a hug when she’s done, she was going to go back inside for a warm water, but a loud footsteps are stopping her, Jungkook is also surprised with that and both of them knew Jihoon is here.

 

"Did i ask you for your money, Jungkook-ah? I just want to spend times with her for awhile, why are you keep bothering me?"

 

Something is totally wrong with him, Jungkook is familiar with the way Jihoon act for the past 8 years but today is different, he's taking a glance to Yeri who definitely scared, and when he finally realized what she saw, he actually get scared too.

Jihoon is holding this metal baseball bat, a really familiar one because he remember the color and the thing written on it. He used to chase Yeri with that on her nightmare for months. This is weird.

 

"From where did you get that?"

 

He used all his energy to stand up while taking Yeri to stand behind him. She is not in a good condition, her eyes won't stop staring at Jihoon and the thing he hold, she was killed by him with that on her nightmare. It'll be weird if she turns out fine.

 

"Why do you care?"

Jihoon is poking his stomach with it slowly, and it's enough for him to realized that thing is real, he's trying to hold Yeri by her hands but she refused to do so for obvious reason. She doesn't say anything before she takes a few steps back from him and let him standing alone in front of Jihoon.

 

"Just answer me."

 

He was waiting for Jihoon’s answer but Yeri suddenly talking to both of them.

 

"I want to get down, let me go!" She talks with a shaky voice and teary eyes.

 

"Kim Yeri.."

 

"No! stop, don't come here!"

 

Yeri is aware that was such a really bad thing to say to Jungkook when he is the one who's trying to protect her, but this is beyond her control, she was tortured by those nightmare for months, and even though she already deal with it and made a conclusion that everything was not real, when the person who tried to kill her and his weapon is present in front of her eyes like this, she can not help but feeling totally scared.

 

"It's not mine."

 

And turns out that Jungkook is also aware about the whole thing, he was trying to getting closer to her and reassuring her about it

 

"I just want to leave! Please!"

 

Jihoon is totally not understand this, Yeri is suddenly crying while hugging her knees and hide her face from Jungkook.
 

"I can't do that."

 

Yeri is totally surprise when Jihoon use the baseball bat to hit Jungkook right on his back, it was a sudden attack and Jungkook is failed to protect himself.

 

"For all the things you've done to me, Jeon Jungkook!"

 

"What are you doing?"

 

She knows screaming at Jihoon few meters away from him is definitely not the best way to stop his craziness, it's just her thoughts, her stupid thoughts about Jungkook and the nightmares that makes her weak.

 

"I hit you in the face all the time, do you think this a little bit too much?"

 

She can see that Jungkook is still have enough strength to get up and trying to stay away from Jihoon as far as he could. And she finally aware that the tears she has is no longer for her sake of being scared but for how much she hurt while watching what was happened.

Jihoon keep coming for Jungkook, pushing him and hurting him until he finally stand next to her, struggling with all the pain he received.

 

"Are you ok?" She decide to ask him that.

 

"It's not mine, this is my first time seeing that."

 

And she feels like a total bastard when Jungkook still trying to talk about the nightmare . His hand is shaking and he’s definitely not ok.

 

"You should've stay and wait for my dad instead of going here."

 

Jungkook is quite surprised when Yeri responding to what he said with a completely different thing, she's crying and both of her hand holding his collar, pulling it hard, this is better for him, he prefer for Yeri to get angry and mad instead of being scared of him.

 

"I'll be fine."

 

"No, you're not fine."

 

She touch his shoulder and he flinched because of that, he is obviously in pain. Yeri suddenly stop any of her movements when Jihoon is finally walking to them while dragging his metal bat to the floor, that noise is basically the one they used to hear on their nightmare, it is affecting Jungkook really badly and even more for Yeri who was getting chased all the time, so he decide to cover her ear from that sound, he's not sure if that's going to work or not.

 

"It's not real."

 

Yeri is not stupid, she knows the nightmare was not real, she already dealt with that long before this. But to actually trapped in a similar situation with her nightmare is really not easy, and when the one who is in danger is not only her but also Jungkook, it’s becoming a hundred times harder.
 

"I'm sorry."

 

She ended up saying sorry to him because she feels like the only thing she gave him all this time was a misery. She regrets it so much.

 

"Am i interrupting?"

 

She turn her back and Jihoon is totally looks like a mess, Yeri knows that his only target is Jungkook, his eyes tell her everything.

 

"Don't do this."

 

She held his shoulder and push him away with all her might.

 

"He'll be fine. He is so much stronger than you think, the worst bastard, Jeon Jungkook! Do you know how much suffering i went through because of him? he is a trash, a monster!"

 

Yeri actually can not blame Jihoon entirely over his perception of Jungkook, she doesn't know what was going on between them for the past decade, it's a relationship she couldn't understand, but regardless of that, the only thing she want right now is for Jihoon to stop hurting him.

 

"Lee Jihoon, if you're angry because of what i did to you, We should deal with our problem instead of dragging someone who doesn't know anything.."

 

She turn her face back to Jungkook who's talking while trying to stand on his own feet without showing any pain, she actually hoping he'll shut up and not doing anything to makes Jihoon even more bothered, but of course that's not what’s happening right now.

 

"I don't even know Yeri a year ago."

 

She's quite surprised when Jihoon respond to what Jungkook said with a chuckles, he sounds frustrated.

 

"I've been trying to find your weakness, a way to destroy you, and when i finally got the answer, why would i let it go?"

 

"It's the same thing for you too, No? You care for her and Kim Yeri is also your weakness.."

 

"She was!"

 

Jihoon is talking in such a higher tone that Yeri decide to step aside from him. She is scared.

 

"But not anymore.."

 

Jungkook never imagine that Jihoon could lost his mind in such a horrible way like this, he thought he still have humanity left, not for him but maybe for Yeri since he told him about how she helps her and stuffs, but right now he realized Jihoon is already ruined far worse than him or Yeri.

 

He’s already stopped thinking about his pain at all when he saw Yeri is already sitting on the floor, she's holding her leg which was hit by Jihoon earlier.

Her condition is totally not good, she seems dumbfounded and shock because of what Jihoon did. Just like him, she never see this coming.

He was going to help her but Jihoon is totally out of control and start to kick him right at his stomach just like how he did it few weeks ago, it was hurting him really bad that he failed to gain any strength.

 

If Jungkook is counting it right, Jihoon kick him for more than 7 times, plus a tight grip on his hair and a painful punch on his face twice. He knows the situation is bad for him when the only thing he heard is nothing but a loud buzzing, probably coming from his head, he can't even see clearly now.

 

"I'll give everything you want but you need to stop, he could die."

 

He finally can takes a proper breath when Jihoon finally stop, it was Yeri who's covering him with her arms, and as expected Jihoon is weak for her.

 

“i want nothing. I don't care if he died, i'll just jump off from this boat, drowning myself like your brother, and you will ended up killing two more people."

 

Jungkook's brain is barely working right now, but he still catch what Jihoon said and becoming really confused by that, why would Kim Seokjin dragged into this, he stare at Yeri who's crying, she is hurting too.

 

"You are a curse, Kim Yeri, for me , for him, for  your brother, me and Jungkook live our life just fine hating each other before you showed up.."

 

"I am a nobody, Jihoon-ssi" Yeri looks at Jihoon and talk to him slowly, she looks weak.

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"Why would you want to die for me? Why would Jungkook want to die for me? It doesn't makes sense."

 

"Are you trying to buy times, protecting your boyfriend?"

 

Jungkook is finally able to take a stand, thanks to Yeri who distracting Jihoon. He watch her walking back to him and reach for his hand quick.

 

"My dad will be here in a minute, i will be totally fine, don't do anything stupid.”

 

"What are you doing?"

 

"Jihoon threatened me, he wanted to die, he is crazy, he told me he wanted to die like my brother and i don't want any of that to happen, you, him, why would any of you die because of my mistake?"

 

"I'm not going to die!"

 

"Really? look at him, he is no longer your friend, he already lost any mercy for you. Hit him with something when i distract him, wait for help."

 

She talks fast and Jungkook is having a hard time to understand what she said until he see her wearing Ji Hoon's backpack and being chased by him before she jump out of the water, gone.

 

Yeri knows that what she's doing is stupid, but she has no choice really, she has no plan to kill herself, she just take the bag so Jihoon won't use it, she’s distracting him so Jungkook can save himself, it was her plan and she thought it's gonna work. She's just not aware that her past is still pretty much affecting her in a way she can not control.

 

The moment she can feel a cold water on her body, the heavy force pulling her deeper to the water, making her drown in a dark and quiet sea, her heart beating faster and she can not making any move when she realized that Seokjin is experienced this before, he died like this, cold, alone, hurt. She could have done something for him back then but she didn’t. And maybe she shouldn't have do anything right now too.

 




One chapter left