Nineteen

Heimwee ( /ˈɦɛi̯mʋeː/ ) Pt.2

Nana is always surprised and taken aback everytime Yeri came here to this house while being angry, in a complete bad mood. Just like right now, she suddenly showed up at the middle of night, crying with a puffy eyes. Running to her room and lock it right away.

 

“Sir, Miss Kim Yeri is here..she’s locking herself.”

 

Mrs. Kim is still angry with her husband after what happened with Jungkook earlier. And now this, she’s completely sure that this his fault. She nods her head to Nana and told her to leave.

 

“Why did you do that, really? We agreed that we’re the one who made a mistake to Jungkook. We should fix it no matter how much it cost then why you?”

 

“I’ll give everything he wanted. Money, power, everything he wants, but not Yeri.”

 

“Why? Why not me?”

 

Both of them are startled when Yeri is already standing next to the door while still crying. She totally looks like a mess.

 

“It’s late. Yeri-ya.”

 

“Seokjin Oppa, did you ever see him like this when Sooyoung was dead? Or am i actually worse than him?”

 

“Are you seriously threatened me with that?”

 

Yeri’s know that her father is bothered by her question. He hates it so much whenever she’s trying to bring the talk about Seokjin.

 

“Do you know what i did to protect you from Jeon Jungkook?”

 

“I don’t need your protection.”

 

“He is my fear, Yeri-ya. He is the only one i’m afraid of in this whole world.”

 

He remember at that time when his assistant bring back the money he prepared for Jungkook. All shredded with one little note telling him that he is going to back at him one day. He remembers how many times he checks every school Yeri’s trying to enrolled, he always makes sure that Jungkook is not there. He only know his name but the fear he has for him is huge because he knows how big his mistake was.

 

“..Everytime you’re out there. Running away from me. I’m always anxious what if one day he found you.. what should i do to protect you. And when you came here telling me that you love my own fear. Do you think i’ll let you go so easily? I lost one kid and i don’t want to lost another one.”

 

“It’s not working. Dad! Even after you put so much efforts. I did met him.”

 

“I know. That’s why i beg him to let you go. I should keep making him hating our family so he’ll also know that you’re still part of this..that’s why i don’t want to admit my mistake and said sorry to him.”

 

Yeri is definitely overwhelming with this whole thing in a really bad way. So his dad is being an to Jungkook only for her sake. That is not relevant and useless.

 

“He was going to forgive you. He loves me so much that your existence and all you did to him does not matter anymore..but i completely ruined it.”

 

Mr. Kim is completely taken aback when Yeri is sitting on the floor crying and he finally have an answer for her question earlier.

 

Did Seokjin ever did this over Jeon Sooyoung? Yes he did.

Does Yeri having it worse than him?

Yes she does.

 



 

“Good Morning”

 

Jimin heard about Jungkook ‘s hospital stay yesterday, that’s because the meeting with Yeri’s mom for the ongoing project was rescheduled. It’s become today.

 

“Are you ok?”

 

“Hmm..”

 

Jungkook is busy with his computer while sometimes taking a sip of his coffee. How should he put this. He looks normal. He finally looks like Jungkook again, his eyes are not sparkling. He is cold and scary.

 

“The meeting?”

 

“I’ll send the team. Mr. Park will handles everything from now.”

 

“What about you?”

 

“I have people work for me. Why would i do everything alone?”

 

And with that one behaviour, Jimin is sure that Jungkook is totally back.

 

“Alright. I’ll be at the studio”

 

Jimin is waving his hands and Jungkook is finally able to takes a deep breath when he’s gone. He is far from good. He doesn’t know what happened to Yeri and Jihoon after he left them last night. There’s no call or messages from her and he finally came to a conclusion that Yeri is finally giving up on him. She will be gone from his life, for good.

 

“Mr. Jeon?”

 

His new hired secretary who was just working here is knocking on his door while bowing her head.

 

“Miss Lea is here. She said she has appointment with you.”

 

“Right. I’ll be out until lunch. Compile your report and give it to me later.”

 

“I understand, Sir.”

 

Lea is spending her time waiting for Jungkook while awkwardly talking to her former co - worker. They’re all curious about her life now.

 

“Lea!”

 

She turns her head when Jungkook is out from the elevator. Looking good and somehow different. He reminds her to the first day she work at his firm. The Jungkook she first met.

 

“What is it? Why did you call me?”

 

“I want to thank you for your help. I’ll buy you coffee.”

 

“Oh? Are you actually treating your friend like this?”

 

“Just a few one.”

 

They decide to have some coffee and brunch in a shop near the firm. The one Lea used to visit when she’s still working here. Jungkook is the one who place the order and take it back to their table. He does things for her and it makes her heart fluttering, excited because he never did that before.

 

“Thank you.”

 

She said thank you to him and he pat her shoulder as he takes a seat across her. She wonders if Jungkook is actually aware that doing this will resulted to nothing but a bigger feeling she want to give for him. She takes a sip of her coffee to hide her nervousness.

 

“I was sleeping yesterday. And i saw the whole thing you bought for me, you know all the first aid kit and stuffs. How much is it, i’ll pay for it. You bought so many things, i can probably use the rest of it.”

 

She’s surprised because that’s totally unexpected.

 

“No, don’t take it seriously..Lea. You’re no longer work for me. I’ll be uncomfortable if you refused..”

 

“Kim Yeri-ssi bought it.”

 

Jungkook’s smile is gone in seconds after she mentioned Yeri’s name. He try to hide his shaking eyes while drinking his coffee.

 

“Really?”

 

“Jungkook-ssi, i’m saying this as a friend, not as someone who dislike her.”

 

He’s surprise and taken aback with what she just said but still able to laugh at her. He brush it off as a joke. That was hurt.

 

“You deserve your own happiness.”

 

“Don’t worry.”

 

“Why wouldn’t i? His father came to you once and i saw you hurting, crying. His mother is making you working  non stop, and her...i don’t even remember anymore how many times she ruined you.”

 

“I know, Lea.”

 

Lea stopped talking when Jungkook’s respond is indifferent and she know that she just said all of this for nothing. He still has something for Yeri, he just know that he’s hurting but he put zero effort yo make it stop. It’s useless.

 



 

“Watch her for me.”

 

Mrs. Kim is talking to all of her staffs before she left for work. Her husband and her already agreed to keep Yeri here for the time being. They already experienced similar thing before and they don’t want to make any mistake. She just decide to come for work because Jungkook is supposed to meet her for the ongoing project, maybe she can see him there and talk to him in a better surrounding.

 

“We understand.”

 

“Don’t let her go anywhere. I’ll be back in few hours.”

 

“Sure.”

 

She’s walking to the door while staring at Yeri’s room upstairs. She heard her crying all night.

 

***

 

In her whole life Yeri never feels any regret to actually having Seokjin as her brother. Even though he did killed himself and making her hates her own parents for years, she didn’t have any regret at all, but right now, she's wishing to actually born in another family, to not actually having him as her brother. So she would come to find Jungkook as a different person, as someone who has no sin, like Lea.

 

“Your breakfast, Miss.”

 

She’s laying down on her bed while sometimes holding her tears when Nana is coming inside her room and bring her breakfast.

 

“I’m not hungry.”

 

“You said that too, an hour ago.”

 

“Just leave it.”

 

Nana is already losing idea to actually makes Yeri taking her food. She’s already walking back and forth to makes her eat but she keeps refusing.

 

“It’s ok, Nana.”

 

Yeri is looking at the door when her mom is finally back. She was out for a meeting with Jungkook, she told her earlier. And she’s back faster than her expectation

 

“He’s not there.”

 

She already expecting it but it’s still disappointing that Jungkook is basically trying so hard to cut ties with her family. How about her? Does he not care about her at all?

 

“I’m the only who’s suffering it seems.”

 

“If he is ok, then he should be there to see me. He’s not ok, he’s just avoiding it.”

 

“I don’t know about that..”

 

She ended up crying again while her mom is  caressing her back. Jungkook is totally controlling all her emotions, he is not dead like his brother but every pain she felt right now, is so similar with what she had 15 years ago, when Seokjin gone.

 



 

 

 

“The product launching will be held two weeks from now. Mrs. Kim said she want to increase her sales with this product faster.”

 

Jungkook is listened to a report from Mr. Park regarding today’s meeting. He’s a little bit surprised hearing the news.

 

“2 weeks? That will be hectic. We still have a long way to go.”

 

“Mrs. Kim said everything is fine as long as the off air and informal advertising is done, the CF still can wait.”

 

“Alright then, put a hold on other projects and make this one as our priority.”

 

Jungkook still need this project to bring profit and positive exposure for his firm. No matter how hard, he still needs to do well on this one.

 

“Lea was here?”

 

Jimin is back to his desk after Mr. Park out from his office, he’ asking about Lea.

 

“Oh..i had lunch with her earlier.”

 

“Your girlfriend doesn’t like her. She’ll becoming really jealous if she knew.”

 

Jimin just saying it as a joke but Jungkook responding to it seriously, he stopped what he’s doing and takes a deep breath before he’s talking to him again.

 

“I decided to let her go.”

 

“Who? Kim Yeri? Why?”

 

“You were right. I became weak because of her. There’s no way i would live my life like my sister..”

 

“You never listened to my opinion outside of work for the past decade then why are you suddenly agreeing with what i said regarding your girlfriend?”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“I think you’re just using what i told you about Yeri as the reason for you to leave her. You already knew she’s capable on ruining your life since you learned about her past and who she is, but you’re still going around with her. You didn’t care. Why now?”

 

Jungkook feels a hit on his stomach. Jimin was right, Yeri was threatened his life and ruining his business before and he’s fine with that.

 

“You shouldn't have use that as your reason when it’s not true. You’ll regret it.”

 

He give Jimin a smile when he left him, one person is suddenly pop up on top of his brain. Lee Jihoon. He still has not listened to any of Yeri’s explanation about him. Is he really mad because of that?

 




 

- 2 weeks later -

 

 

Yeri is nervous, more than anything. She’s staying since this morning at the boutique and hair salon to prepare for tonight.

 

“You lost so much weight. Your size down to 3 in two weeks. What is going on?”

 

Her stylist is right. She stand in front of the mirror and she really looks like a different person.

 

“I was busy.”

 

Bona is side eyeing her because she knows, Yeri was asking for two weeks break to Irene. It’s not hard to realized that she has problems with Jungkook, again.

 

“What event is this, Unnie?”

 

“My mom’s party.”

 

“You don’t usually excited for it.”

 

“My life is depend on it.”

 

Yeri arrived a little bit late because of traffic, one of his dad’s driver is dropping her off. Her mom is already here, she doesn’t know if his dad is here or not. She walks carefully entering the venue while looking around, she doesn't even know what or who she's actually looking for right now, her mother, Jungkook, or anything else, but her eyes stopped when she found Jihoon is walking together with a few peoples she's familiar with. Executives and a few researcher from Tron.

She blend herself to the party and trying so hard to avoiding him, she doesn't care if he finally told Tron about what happened, but she need to find Jungkook first before that happened.

***

Jimin is becoming anxious when he realized that a bunch of people from Tron is attending the party, his firm's situation is still risky and dealing with them at time like this is not a really good move.

 

"Jungkook-ah!"

 

He use his phone and find a hidden spot to makes a phone call to Jungkook. He's still on his way here.

 

"Why, hyung? “

 

"People from Tron is here, Mr. Han and Lydia Kim are also here."

 

"What? Why? We were not inviting them."

 

"They're together with Mr. Lee and Jihoon, so it's probably them who send the invitation."

 

"How about Yeri?"

 

Lea is looking at Jungkook when the talk of Yeri suddenly come up, she thought that Jungkook asking her as a guest for this party because he see her as something more than just a close friend or a former secretary, but it turns out that Yeri is still his priority. Lea is doing nothing when Jungkook is done parking his car and out from it quickly, he doesn't even realized that she was being left alone. This is ridiculous.

 

"I'm still not seeing her, but don't you think we should worry about ourselves too? I don't trust them since they’re disliking you, what if they're here to ruining this, Jungkook-ah?"
 

"I'm here, hyung."

 

The party is crowded, It's luxurious and completely high class. Jungkook can recognized a few of his former clients. He can see Mrs. Kim in the center of the ballroom, but Yeri is not there, Jimin is also nowhere to be found.

 

"Jungkook-ssi.."

He's distracted by Lea who’s handling him his car keys with a smile. He totally forgot about her and he feels bad.

 

"I'm sorry. There's an emergency."

 

"It's ok."

 

His eyes are finally able to located Jihoon, Mr. Lee and people from Tron. They're talking while laughing and sometimes enjoying their champagne. This is weird, what is going on?

 

"Mr. Jeon.."

He turn his back when someone is touching his shoulder. It was Mr. Han from Tron. He’s the one who really hates him after what was happened, obviously.

 

"Congratulations."

 

" Are you here as Mrs. Kim colleague?"

 

"No, Mr. Lee is the one who's inviting me. He told me his nephew has nformation about the culprit for the leaking incident."

 

He's becoming nervous and seriously confused with this. Jihoon? How?

 

"We had a deal, Mr. Han."

 

"I had a deal with you. I won't bother Kim Yeri-ssi at all. I'm seeking information from somewhere else, it doesn't count."

 

He left him after saying that and Jungkook start to bring all what happened into a big situation, why Yeri is together with Jihoon, what is the reason for her to do all of this, Why she can’t explain about her reason, why she showed up at his party, and why she lied to him about the whole thing.
Jungkook doesn't want to believe any of this because that would be a nightmare both for him and Yeri. He needs a better explanation for that.

 

"Mr. Jeon, where are you going?"

 

Lea is totally dumbfounded when Jungkook suddenly get angry and left her while pushing people away. He stopped at the corner of the room and begin talking with a man she can't recognize. The tension between them is totally not good.

 

"I need to talk with you."

 

"Jungkook-ah..not again."

 

It was Mr. Lee who send him warning while pressing his shoulder hard. Jihoon give him a smile, the annoying one, and it's enough to trigger his emotions.

 

"I'm busy."

 

"I just need 5 minutes, Mr. Lee."

 

Jihoon is pulling his arms from Jungkook's grip while giving him a glare.

 

"Fine."

 

Jungkook is purposefully taking Jihoon away from the crowd before he started to ask about Tron. Jihoon is already aware what the problem is, he can read his expression really well.

 

"What's your deal with Tron?"

 

Jihoon is playing with his shoes, acting like he doesn't care when Jungkook start questioning him.

 

"Nothing."

 

"Do you really know who behind all of this?"

 

He's smirking at him and looks totally cocky with that.

 

"She confessed to me by herself."

 

Kim Yeri you stupid. Jungkook is starting to feels a pain on his head when he realized, without him protecting her, Yeri is already ruined since she let Jihoon know about this. But still, he's surprised that Jihoon is holding himself to exposed her even though he's aware that telling Tron about this will ruin him and his firm too.

 

"I've been knowing this for weeks."

 

"Then why?"

 

" Kim Yeri, I like her."

 

Jungkook is totally dumbfounded by all of this, he's ended up laughing at what Jihoon said, he is a trash, why would he stopped just because he has a crush at someone, they're not even a high schooler.

 

"Isn't that what happened to you too, Jungkook-ah?"

 

He stopped his laugh when Jihoon is talk to him with tons of sarcasm.

 

"What are you talking about?"

 

"You're not like this the last time we saw each other, someone is trying to framed you and ruining your business, and you slept with her instead. Isn't that stupid?"

 

Jihoon is talking to Jungkook like this because he's really angry about what Yeri said to him few days ago. She act like she has the winning hand on their game when in fact, he has both Jungkook and Yeri under his control. Both of them are nothing, they're weaker than him.

 

"Shut up!"

 

"We shouldn't fight here. I have nothing to lose but you've got everything."

 

He thought that Jungkook will be careful after he threatened her, but turns out that talking trash about Yeri will always trigger him in a really bad way.

 

"She's willing to do everything for me because i threatened her about exposing her to Tron. I can do that easily right now if you're trying to mess with me."

 

Jungkook is taking a few steps back right away when he said that.

 

"What did you do to her?"

 

"She entertain me, becoming my date, attending my family party, she did all of that because she doesn't want to lose what she has right now. She's trying to protect herself. Did you not aware about that? Stop acting like a white knight for her when the only one who worked hard for her is herself. You are no use for her."

 

Jihoon left and Jungkook is really bothered by what he said. Why didn't Yeri say anything about this?

 

***

 

"Oh? Why are you here?"

 

Mrs. Kim is a little bit surprise when she's doing a random inspection to the kitchen, only to see Yeri standing there, watching the food being cooked and served.

 

"I'm helping you."

She give her a smile but Mrs. Kim know that is not genuine, she still looks really sad.

 

"Jungkook is here."

 

"I know, he came with someone i'm not expecting."

 

"She is her secretary. Don't talk nonsense."

 

Yeri is taking a sip of her wine and shakes her head, responding to what she told her.

 

"She is..not just a secretary."

 

"Yeri-ya.."

 

"No, it's ok. I'll be here watching the kitchen. There are people i'm avoiding outside too."

 

Yeri is pushing her back through the door and told her to stay at the party. Her daughter is totally change now, she can even have conversation like this with her, it makes her heart relieved but also heavy, knowing that the one who change her won't be able to stay with Yeri longer. Jungkook.

 

"Does my dad here?" Yeri is asking one of her mom's assistant when they visit the kitchen.

 

"He'll be here in a minute."

 

"Thanks."

 

Yeri choose to walking around outside the building, at the garden right behind the kitchen, looking for some fresh air. There's a spot, near the open forest, at the edge of the garden where you can have a precious me time without being bothered by anything else, she really need that right now.

It takes her few minutes walk before she reach the place, she thought no one else will be here but she's wrong, completely wrong.

 

Jeon Jungkook is there, he sit at one of the bench staring at the empty swimming pool while drinking few cans of beer, he's probably drunk by now judging from the empty cans she’s able to counts. He lift is face to looks around and she get caught staring at him, she's becoming panic because the last time she met him, Jungkook was having a really hard time because of her existence.

 

"I thought no one is here, i'll go back."

 

"Explain everything to me. I'm giving you a chance."

 

He talks with a calm voice, he looks fine, not angry or anything, so Yeri choose to walk closer and take an empty spot next to him while following his gaze to the pool.

 

"What's your deal with Lee Jihoon?" She's quite surprised when he ask her about this so sudden.

 

"I have my reasons."

 

She looks at him when Jungkook is totally not happy with what she said, he's laughing while drinking his beer again.

 

"Tell me, what is it?"

 

"You were asked me for a clean ending and i'll give you that. Everything will be useless if i told you what was it.."

 

"You're so easy at giving up."

 

"I wasn't going to give up just yet till tonight, i went to the most expensive hair salon and bought the most expensive dress to impress you, but when i look at you together with Lea and Jimin-ssi. I realized that you looks so much better, happier than when you're with me. The only thing i did for the past year is hurting you, i also got hurt for so many times, i guess i'm tired too."

 

Jungkook is looking at Yeri and her smile still have this power to makes his heart at ease. He can see that she's not lying about dressing up for him, she really looks beautiful tonight.

 

"I'm giving up not just for you, but also for me, my dad also against me to get close with you."

 

"Just like your brother?"

 

Yeri is bothered with the way Jungkook talk about Seokjin, he doesn't looks pleased with what she offered to him even though she agreed to let him go just like how he wanted to.

 

"I met you because of him, but i let you go because of me. It's my choice, You always worked so hard for me, you deserved better."

 

"Are you seriously thinking that i did good? Even when Lee Jihoon threatened you and using you, you didn't even tell me..You don’t trust me.."

 

She's totally not expecting that, her expressions turn darker, she is scared, worried, and afraid. Her eyes are wandering and she's avoiding his gaze at her.

 

"If i told you about that, you'll just know how much i messed up. I really am a trash. I met Jihoon long time ago, he told me about you and how you hates him, and one day i thought that working together with him to ruin you is probably enough to makes you realized that using my brother's name for your own benefit is such a jerk move."

 

She told him everything with a thin voice and teary eyes. What she said is a total bummer for him, he's embarrassed because he's basically trying to do the same thing when he tried to exposed Yeri to Tron.

 

"It's not that bad compared to what i did to you."

 

"What are you talking about?"

 

"I tried to tell Tron about you, i made my own investigation and compiled all the evidence about what you did and planning to exposed you."

 

Yeri kinda expecting this to be honest, but it's still surprising that both of them are literally trying to ruined each other like this.

 

"But you didn't."

 

"I changed. I became weak."

 

"That's why i'm giving up. This is not supposed to happen, all the nightmare, and those dreams. Just like you said, we should stop using our siblings as a reason for what we did to each other."

 

Yeri is slowly getting up from her sit and Jungkook is following her, she turn her face to him and giving him a smile.

 

"If i ever had a similar nightmare with you on it like before, i'll be fine because i know you're already forgive me and my family, and the dreams..i'll just used it to learn about what kind of person your sister was."

 

Jungkook is aware that this is a goodbye, he was the one who asked for it first but why it's getting harder when he finally get what he wanted. A life without Yeri on it..

 

" I was going to do this anyway. I ruined your life, you’re being nice to me is absurd, i was just too selfish to let you go but i understand now, i made so much mistake to you..and i.."

 

Yeri is still not done with what she said but Jungkook is already taking her to his embrace, he's caressing her hair slowly and patting her back while put his head on her shoulder. She ended up crying because of it, parting ways with Jungkook on her imagination is not like this, she’s not expecting to get hurt. She always thought that she'll ended up hating him so much and leaving him because she got sick of him and his trashy behaviour, that's what she had on her minds when Jungkook asking her to be with him a year ago. She never thought that she'll be leaving him when she's in love with him this much. Never.

She's the one who let him go first because she's afraid that she'll change her mind about this.

 

He nod his head quickly and Yeri is taking his hand with forced and shakes it twice.

 

"Thank you and i'm really sorry."

 

She's walking away from him and trying hard to not showing any more tears in front of Jungkook. Maybe Seokjin and Sooyoung want them to meet not to fall in love or staying together, but for them finally letting go of their past, forgive and forget all the pain and hatred, they just want them to continue with their live, happily.

 

***

 

"Yeri-ya? Where are you going?"

 

Yeri is walking to the parking lot without thinking much, she just want to leave, she met with her dad at the gate, he looks worried.

 

"I'm going home."

 

She hide her tears with her hand.

 

"Takes my car, Mr. Joo will drive you home."

 

She has no choice so she nod her head quick, her dad is opening the door for her, he knows she cried.

 

"Are you ok?"

 

Mr. Joo is that man, the one who gave Jungkook's money and also her childhood friend, she was close with him before Seokjin died, but after that he always following her around, makes sure that she is ok, and maybe according to her dad protecting him from meeting Jungkook.  She always hates him for what she did to her and even more after she learned about what he did to Jungkook, he is too loyal to his dad and always following his order like an idiot.

 

"Just drive."

 

Mr. Joo is driving his car while sometimes check on Yeri through the rear mirror. Something happened to her, he's familiar with this sight of her . He's been watching her for years, her becoming a rebel, crying, angry, disappointed by her life.  


There was only one time since Seokjin died, when Yeri sit at the back seat of his car, not with tears but with a bright smile..just one time, 15 years ago