Chapter 24

Love is easy

The talent night was, lifeless. 

For them, who's close to Ha Reum.

Suho, who's the flow manager of the night, has been less enthusiastic than before . He was the most enthusiastic one when it comes to doing his work done. But the talent night? He couldn't care less tonight.

Kai and Sehun were both involved in the opening dance. But they both seems relentless and dejected during the dance. Nothing was attractive well of course, except for their faces.

Sa Yeum , who's just discharged from the hospital, didn't find anything could attract her attention except for Chanyeol of course. The guy has been loitering around her as he was afraid anything would happen during his absence.

All of them was shocked by the recent condition of Ha Reum who seems like she has a low chance to survive. 

It seems like it was just yesterday , Sa Yeum met Ha Reum's curious glint when she tried to analyze her face, her eyes widened in amusement when she saw her, and that time was chaos as they recognized each other at the hallway. Their squeals last from the hallway to the cafeteria and that's when Chanyeol took notice of Sa Yeum, th bright first year.

It seems like it was just yesterday ,Sehun had his bike broke and she offered him a lift for their first day in University. He felt a tug in his heart and he knew he took a keen interest at the girl, Ha Reum who happens to be his neighbor. Sehun had been loitering around her with or without her consent and eventhough he had the least time with her, he's always okay with it. 

It seems like it was just yesterday, Kai caught her phone at the stairs. He was walking alone, still thinking about whether he should follow his dreams or continues his studies. Then, he saw her. It's a magical moment for him and he knew that time, he believed in love at the first sight. And now, she's one of his most loved dongsaeng because he knew he couldn't receive the same treatment as his Myungsoo hyung does.

It seems like it was just yesterday , Suho had received the class reports from Ha Reum, who turns out to be his long lost sister. He remembered the time when he invited her to grab a quick snack with him, and he was right all along. She is his sister, his intuition was right.

It was funny how the fate arranged them the way they met. 

But knowing her condition right now?

It's everyone's nightmare and Myungsoo was affected the most because,

He was the first person to know the calamitous news.

 

 

 

 

A CT scan was once again authorized by the doctors and results was obtained.

Ha Reum was diagnosed to have severe brain damage, and Myungsoo was shocked upon hearing the devastating news.

Her brain is starved of oxygen for a prolonged period of time, and it results in the worsening of her brain condition . It also doesn't help when her body has been rejecting all the medication that was diffused into her body for the past few days, making it hard for her brain to coordinate with her whole body.

Which in short word, could be fatal.

Myungsoo held his breaths for a moment . It seems like everything stopped for a moment. His ragged breaths came out shaky and shallow and his hand searched the walls to support himself before he plopped down on the floor, totally refused to believe what ever he heard.

Tears were streaming down his face before he raced to Ha Reum's ward . 

He saw several doctors were talking in front of her ward. He ran through them and saw the multiplying amount of tubes at her whole body.

He entered the ward with resistance, refusing to believe what he saw or heard just now.

Lying before him, is the essence of his life.

The girl that has been driving him mad , and staring at her alone was like staring at the whole universe in awe. This girl that has been making his life's like roller coaster because of her sincere genuine acts, is just.

Luminous.

She illuminates the darkest sky of humanity, bringing streaks of hopes when people were in vain. It's the caring that she gives and the passion that she shows in everything she did.

She's just enchanting.

And now ?

Lying lifelessly as if her soul has left her body, momentarily. Myungsoo couldn't describe the feeling that he's engaged in right now.

Her chest hardly shows its rise and fall, her porcelain white skin becomes paler every second, her skin was as cold as ice and it didn't shock him anymore.

She looks dead yet alive.

Myungsoo winced in pain with his own heart-wrenching thought and he pulled a chair closer to her bed. He gripped her hand in care and sniffed in her heavenly scent , she never smells bad anyway.

Even when it has been 1 month plus.

He kissed her cold hand and sighed in defeat when he saw her chapped pale lips.

"Ha Reum-ah. I miss you, I miss your laughter that seems to enlighten me when I wasn't in my mood, I miss your naivety that sometimes a bit confusing with your stupidity, " he chuckled before continuing,

"I miss your anger towards me, I miss how annoyed you are when I make fun of you,I," Myungsoo cried his heart out before harshly wiped his tears away. He bit his lips as his tears threatened to fall and stifled his lonely tears.

"I miss you Kim Junmi , I've promised you I'll come back again 18 years ago,  I'm sorry that I only tell you now, ľm sorry that I left you, Junmi-ah," he confessed . His sobs and stifles echoes inside the big lonely room.

"And now that I'm back, why is it you're the one that has to go ? Why ? Junmi-ah, wake up ! I was to blame , I miss you Kim Junmi ," he bawled his heart out and facepalmed himself, feeling himself being shredded into pieces.

"I'm sorry Junmi-ah. It must be hard for you to survive this all alone," he muttered in his raspy voice and eyes red, due to the wailing. He relaxed himself before smiling sadly at Ha Reum, eventhough he knows well that Ha Reum wouldn't see. He kissed her forehead longingly with a lone tear streamed down his cheeks.

 

"I love you Junmi, I always do ,"

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hellooooo,,, do check out the updates okay,, I keep on scaring myself, thinking that you guys didn't check on my previous updates HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH so stay tune for more chapters and yeah, do subscribe and comment are welcomed <3