Chapter 16

Love is easy

Ha Reum was walking around aimlessly in the campus as she was still thinking on to join the talent night show or not.

She didn't even pay attention to where her feet are taking her.

She heaved her sigh like it's her biggest regret before settling down on one of the main benches infront of a class.

She lifted her head and saw the big sign board that was written in a neat Hanguk slashed English word.

'Music Class,24-1'

Ha Reum blinked in confusion before looking at the whole hallway and she found out that it was one of the non-main attraction class in the whole university. She hardly saw people using this hallway either, except for the janitors

Ha Reum took a step before she entered the classroom, leaving it unlock and opened.

She awed when she saw the big gigantic mirrors on the walls and a big piano situated in the middle of the classroom. It was still new and good looking too. Totally in good shape.

Ha Reum sat on the chair provided and pressed a key , testing its efficiency. After a few testing and satisfied, she played a song while singing it.

(It's a song that Myungsoo sang in one of the OST - It's okay even if it's not me <3)

I don’t care about anything
As long as you smile
I will always stand by your side like this
And protect you
I don’t care if it’s not me
The person who makes you smile
I’m happy with just seeing you brightly smile

I just wanna protect you
I wish you would always smile happily
If you smile, I smile too, really
I don’t care if it’s not me
The person who makes you happy
I don’t care if it’s not me
If you can smile

I don’t care if you make me cry
If only you can smile
I’m happy with just seeing you brightly smile

 

Ha Reum was too caught up in singing that she didn't even realize someone was entering the room and closed the door behind. 

Ha Reum played her last note well and received an applause from someone greatly and she jumped in her seat.

"YAH ! THAT TRULY SHOCKS ME," Ha Reum exclaimed in shock just to send laughter to the lone figure.

"Sorry Ha Reum, it's just, you know, it's beautiful, I don't want to disturb you,"he said as he went closer to Ha Reum and sits beside her .

"Kim Myungsoo, you think it's funny ? I could've got a heart attack," Ha Reum said and smacked his back hard, making the guy winced in pain .

"You know what Ha Reum, you should really pay attention at your surrounding or at least, lock the door. You don't want any molester to enter here and eventually touch you inappropriately," Myungsoo scolded and Ha Reum scoffed inwardly.

"Well, a matter of fact, Mister. This hallway is not even a main attraction and no one goes here. If it's a molester , it got to be you then," Ha Reum stated and Myungsoo widened his eyes before chuckling inwardly.

"What is there to be molest anyway," Myungsoo muttered and Ha Reum once again smacked him before returning her gaze to the piano in front of her. Myungsoo winced and also reverted his gaze to the piano.

"Care to explain why are you here too ahjushi?" Ha Reum said as her fingers busy searching for the right keys and looking so concentrated. Myungsoo chuckled and rested his arms at the piano's top. 

"I molested people," he retorted and Ha Reum pretended to be shock and then reverted once again to her poker face. 

"This is my usual hangout place when I'm bored or in need of inspiration," he answered her previous action right and Ha Reum nodded in understanding.

"So I'm invading your territory sir ?"

"What am I? A lion now?"

"Sort of, a shameless lion," Ha Reum retorted amd they both chuckled before it gradually disappears. Myungsoo fixed his gaze at her and she done the same.

"You, figure out a song ?" He asked and Ha Reum shook her head.

"I'm not joining," she said and Myungsoo pouted

"Ah waeeeeeee~ You sang beautifully, Ha Reum . Be confident !" He persuaded and Ha Reum snorted before reverting her attentions on the piano keys once again.

Myungsoo, in dissatisfaction, hold her hand together in attempt to stop her from playing the piano.

"You're going to join," Myungsoo instructed and Ha Reum rolled her eyes in annoyance. She sighed and stared at Myungsoo's perfectly-sculptured orbs.

"Myungsoo, I have stage frights. I don't handle attentions well, I don't like to be shown and it's really not me to perform on stage. This is just a hobby that I love to do," she confessed and Myungsoo sighed before letting go of her hand. 

"I just wanted the world to know how talented you are," he muttered slowly but yet audible to be heard

"You're pretty, you're smart and can get annoying at times and you're talented. Why do you prefer being plain so much?" He added in curiosity and Ha Reum chuckled before once again staring at the guy in front of her. She scooted closer and smiled at him.

"Is this a confession? "She joked and Myungsoo chuckled inwardly before rolling his eyes,

"Ani, it's called annoyed," Myungsoo retorted back . Ha Reum rested her arms at the piano's top.

"I had a dream , most probably it was from my past." She stated and Myungsoo nodded his head,as a sign for her to continue her story, which Ha Reum take it as a yes

"The girl was bullied and were thrown with something all over her bodies. Sometimes it was a sweet's wrapper, and sometimes it's egg roll, and even sushi were thrown at her," she said and Myungsoo heard her attentively.

"The people was jealous of what she had. She has the fame, she has money. But sadly, she doesn't have the might to trust, she doesn't trust easily. Everyone that came to be her friend, all ended up leaving her after they get what they wanted," she added

"But luckily, a boy came by her side," Ha Reum fixed her gaze at Myungsoo who seems to be enchanted by the pair of eyes staring at him.

"An angel in disguise," she whispered delightfully and smiled genuinely at him before breaking off the stares and sighed

"But he too ended up leaving because of some reasons. She never met him again since that day" she uttered and smiled unknowingly as she stared at Myungsoo's reflection at the mirror in front of them.

"But she's gotten a lot stronger after what he had told her and she thanked him for that. He was one of the bestest people she ever had, he was always there during her saddest moment and build her up when she needed support. He was one of the main reason why those bullies doesn't pick on her up again," Ha Reum chuckled before fiddling with her hands.

"It would be nice to meet him and tell him that, she fought the bullies off when he was gone. She really did. And that little girl remain as wallflower until now," she said and sighed in defeat.

"But yet, she still find it hard to trust. It wasn't her fault either," she added and look at Myungsoo who seems taken aback, with a genuine smile plastered across her face.

"It wasn't his fault too, it was the time. "

Ha Reum broke the stares and pressed random piano keys , making random sound and pitch,

"He told me too, that life's like the piano keys." Ha Reum smiled as she stared at the piano keys then to Myungsoo who seems to tear up.

"Black keys are the unfortunate incidents in our life, and the white keys are the happy ones. As you play across the piano keys, remember that black keys make good tunes too. That's how life works,"

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for reading and subscribe <3 Saranghanda ^^ Stay tuned for more chapters. I was truly inspired by Myungsoo's song this chapter . His voice is just too enchanting seriously <3 and by the way, i came across the quote about piano just now, so i thought off putting it there xD Hope you people enjoy the story well <3