A New Life In A New Country

My Mr Perfect
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Airport]

6:00 PM

 

"Well, this is it. I'm off to South Korea soon," said Alicia proudly to her family. Her mother give her a warm hug. "Oh, Alicia, dear. Have a safe flight." "Do contact us as soon as you arrive, okay, dear?" said her father. Alicia nod her head to him. "Hope you'll find a nice guy over there," said her younger sister, Hailey. "I heard the guys there are super handsome."

Alicia laughed, "Oh, Hailey. Boyfriends can wait. I want to focus on my studies first." She look at her watch and look at her family, "Alright. I have to go now. Bye. I'll miss you all." Her family waved good bye to her as she walked towards the entrance.

 

(10 hours later....)

 

[Airport in Incheon]

9:00 AM

 

Alicia got down from the plane and grab her luggages. When she walked out, she tried to grab a taxi to take her to the university where she was supposed to go. She found one and hop in. "To Ewha Womans University, please," she told the driver. Luckily, the driver understood her Korean language. Thank goodness all that Korean lessons paid off, she thought. Along the way, she was fascinated by the streets and building. 

At last, she reached the university. "Good luck on your first day," said the driver. Alicia thanked him and paid him. As she got down, she breathed in and walk into the campus. She could see lots of students, both local and foreign, walking around, talking and laughing."Hello," a voice said. Alicia turned around and saw a girl with brown, straight hair. "Um, hello," she greeted.

"Are you a freshman here as well?"

"Yes, I am."

"Great. I'm also new here. Do you know where we register?"

"No. I just got here. Maybe we can ask someone here who knows."

Together, she and the new girl walk around to ask someone to show them the direction. She spot a Korean girl wearing specs. "Excuse me. Do you know where the registration desk is?" she asked. "Of course. I'll show you the way," the girl respond. The girl lead them to the students lining up in front of a table. "Here you go. Have a great day." Alicia and the new girl thanked her as she left. "Oh, I haven't introduced myself. My name is Victoire. I'm from Paris."

"Oh, French. I'm Alicia and I'm from California," Alicia introduced herself. "Wow! California! Hollywood!" said the excited Victoire. "And Paris. Where the Eiffel Tower is," said Alicia. The two girls were talking excitedly about their countries when their turn came. "Hello there. Welcome to Ewha. I'm Bong Cha. Here is your orientation package," the girl at the desk said. "You can drop your luggages here and go inside for your orientation." Alicia did as she was told and went inside. The auditorium is filled with freshman students. She found an empty seat. Victoire join her in a few minutes. "Hey there."

 

(skip orientation....)

 

After a few hours of orient

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter