My Secret

My Mr Perfect
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Blue = English

 

 

"I'm sorry to hear that you can't make it back this year for Christmas," said Alicia's mother through the webcam. "But it's okay, honey. We can celebrate on our own. You go ahead and enjoy the holidays with your Korean friend. We love you." As her mother blows kisses at the screen, Alicia also did the same. "Love you too, mom. Say hi to dad and Hailey for me." 

After chatting with her mother, Alicia went back to her studies. The exam is on the next day and she was nervous. D.O brought in hot tea for her to calm her nerves. "Here you go. Hot tea to keep you warm," he said as he puts down the mug on her desk. "Thank you, Kyungsoo," said Alicia, grinning. She pick up the mug and took a small sip. D.O pat her palms. "Don't worry too much. You'll do well for this exam."

"Shouldn't you get back to your dorm now? Your members must be worried."

"I told them I'll be here to look after you."

Alicia raised both her eyes. This was not the D.O she knew from the beginning. "Wow! What happened to the D.O I used to know. At first, you said you didn't like it and warned not to expect you all the time," she gasped. D.O chuckled. "I know what I said. But like I said, let's forget about the past between us. People can change within time. And besides, after you comfort me from my loneliness, how can I turn my back on you?" Alicia's cheeks blushed. Growls can be heard from her stomach. "I guess I must be getting hungry after all this studying. I better go and fix dinner." She was about to stand up but D.O stopped her. "It's okay. I'll cook tonight. You should study. Your exam is tomorrow."

"You can cook?"

"Of course. I cooked for my members before and they like my food."

Alicia smirked. "Well, okay. I hope it's delicious." With a laugh, D.O left her room. As she was flipping through the pages of her books, the steam wafted through her door. She began to sniff the smell. "Mmm... smells good." She couldn't take the good smell anymore. She decided to take a break from her studies and went out to the kitchen.

D.O was tasting the soup when Alicia came near. "I couldn't help it but to come here," she told him. "What's for dinner tonight?" D.O just smile and said, "You'll see later."

 

[5 minutes later...]

 

Dinner was ready. Alicia and D.O sat down to eat. "I made beanpaste stew and pajeon, a Korean pancake," announced D.O. Alicia couldn't stand to look at the food any longer. "Thanks for the meal," she said and pick up the chopsticks to eat. To her amazement, it was superb! "This is the best stew and pajeon I've ever tasted. I can tell that your members compliment your cooking a lot." 

"Yep. And thanks for your compliment as well," said D.O, blushing like a beetroot. "When I was with my ex, I couldn't cook much for her because of my schedules. And by the time I wanted to, she already sumped me." Alicia puts down her chopstick and asked, "So, this means I'm the first girl you've cooked for, right?" D.O nod his head as a reply. But he smiled and replied, "Consider yourself lucky." Alicia couldn't help it but to smile. 

 

After dinner, Alicia and D.O sat on the couch for some relaxation. There was a small silence until Alicia broke it by saying, "You know, Kyungsoo. I actually envy you." D.O look at her and asked, "Why?" "That you could be in a romantic relationship with the opposite gender," Alicia sighed. "You're lucky. I've never been on one since the day I'm born."

"You mean you've been single your whole life?" D.O asked with surprise. Alicia nod her head and continues, "I have a secret to share with you. I didn't look like this size like what you're seeing today. I was........overweight. Since young, I've always been the big size girl in school my whole life. When I entered high school, I was picked on and bullied by a lot of students. And no guy would ever date fat girls." As she tells her story, tears were filling her eyes. "Well, of course, I had a crush on a handsome guy. He was the most popular boy in the whole school. So, in order to get his atte

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter