A Child not yet Born

Destined

It was obvious that the history that had unfolded between them had left major wounds on the love of his life, the memories no doubt plaguing each member of the group's minds.

It was obvious that the boys were trying to push the thoughts to the back of their minds and focus on the reality around them, returning to the life that they had lived in the more recent years.

Despite his caution, Baekhyun still applauded the group's dedication towards making Chanyeol feel comfortable and appreciated. Though Luhan's fixation towards the taller after he managed to save Sehun, could be toned down just a smidge.

After the tearful reunion with Mrs. Park everyone decided to congregate in the vampire's dorm for one last Disney movie marathon with each of them holding onto the other a little tighter now that their memories had returned.

There were no longer shy giggles and burning cheeks of embarrassment when someone uttered something beneath their breath, the atmosphere wasn't tense and the air was clearer than ever.

Baekhyun no longer felt his heart thundering in his chest at the mere thought of sitting next to Chanyeol, the thousand years worth of memories making the interaction easier especially now that he had grown to know his mate even more. He also didn't have to worry about the possibility of fighting with Chanyeol, the recent few weeks had changed their dynamic and of course the comatosed state they both endured recently had brought them even closer.

Before they returned to their bed that night Skylar reminded them that quite some time had passed while they were comatosed, thus when she sprung the reminder of Halloween the group were stunned into silence. The girl had seemed so happy to discuss possible couple outfits with her mate, offering out suggestions to the group of boys who looked back at her with small pained smiles on their lips.

Eventually she had enough and demanded an explanation for their sudden shift in attitude, Baekhyun took it upon himself to explain their situation to her. Cordelia had been very specific in the curse in which she and her sisters had conquered up. Exo's protector's would be able to return to their home planet on the exact day -they arrived all those years ago- in the year 2019.

October 31st was the day in which they arrived. October 31st 2019 would be the day in which they departed.

Colin held onto his mate as tight as he could, pained by her silent sobs. She had hoped that she would have a bit more time to spend with them and yet she quickly realised how selfish she sounded, she couldn't beg them to stay when they had already spent enough lifetimes here to begin with.

The group were surprised by how quickly she was able to overcome her emotions, choosing instead to focus her attention into planning the best final day on earth for all of them.

Chanyeol, who had been quiet for most of the night, offered his helping hand. He wished to join the girl in her quest of making their last few moments on Earth memorable, while instructing everyone else to focus on having a good time and deciding on what costumes they should acquire for the event.

Soon the school had learned of the event and how much it meant to the twelve member group, wolves and vampires alike agreed to help out while the witches already claimed to have stuff up their sleeves for the occasion.

Mrs. Park was overjoyed by the overwhelming support her bunch of misfits were receiving, tears welling up in her eyes as she watched the entire student body rush to prepare things.

The morning arrived and the werewolves took control of manning the border, leaving the vampires to get some rest and the witches some time to continue decorating the main gymnasium.

As Baekhyun set his eyes on the room his lips curled upwards, his memories bringing up times of training with the Alphas and the countless times he had managed to pin his mate below him on the mat. Though he supposes now that they had their powers back, it would be him getting pinned down to the mat. Chanyeol was strong before, but now with his powers Baekhyun couldn't even imagine the level of strength he possessed.

He was ushered out of the room with countless wrist flicks from those on the planning committee, many of which had been carrying out plates of food at the time of Baekhyun's dismissal. Although reluctant Baekhyun still allowed himself to be shooed from the gym, choosing instead to take a seat just outside.

"Oh hi hyung!" A cheerful voice pulled Baekhyun from his thoughts, the protector's eyes landing on Mark who waved his hand.

Baekhyun indicated with the palm of his hand to the seat next to him, offering it up to the boy before him. The blonde happily sat himself down, bright brown eyes twinkling up at the elder.

"So do you remember things now hyung?" The boy wondered, head tilting to the side like a curious puppy.

Baekhyun chuckled and nodded his head, gently running his fingers through the boy's hair. "I do."

"Oh that's great because I actually have something to tell you!"

Baekhyun noticed that Mark's gaze had drifted from his face, his eyes trailing down to the ground below him. He noticed that Mark's fingers were drumming against his thigh, a nervous tick Baekhyun had seen once before.

"Are you okay Mark?"

"I just don't know how I can explain this to you without causing you to freak out..." The boy admitted, tossing his head back.

Baekhyun felt his blood run cold, how much more bad news could he get? There had to be a limit or something-

"Do you remember what your life was like on your planet?" Mark questioned to which the elder dipped his head. "Well.. do you remember your life when you were a part of the Light pack?" Again Baekhyun nodded his head. "Yo-you had a best friend-"

"Whose name was Ten, yeah I remember him." Baekhyun nodded, still not entirely following what the younger was getting at. "He found his mate Johnny-"

"Yeah exactly!" The boy laughed nervously, his hand reaching up to scratch against his neck. "Well hyung, you see- I... I might have lied to you and Chanyeol-hyung.."

"About what?"

"Where I come from" Mark answered, his head slumping forward. "I told Chanyeol hyung that I was a hybrid. That I came from a werewolf father and a vampire mother."

"Mhm?"

"But I lied." Mark sighed. "I lied because I couldn't tell you both the truth back then. I'm not from this Earth either."

"Are you meaning to tell me that you're from EXO planet too?" Baekhyun wondered, turning himself so that he was facing the boy completely. "Are you meaning to tell me that you're Ten's son?"

The boy blushed, his eyes still unable to hold the protector's gaze. "I'm not his son yet."

"Yet?"

"I am his son," Mark explained. "he just doesn't know that I'm there."

Baekhyun's eyes widened, his fingers cupping the skin on the back of his palm. He yelped at the flash of pain that sprouted from his own pinch, his eyes crumpling up in a delayed reaction. "I'm sorry," he apologised, blinking them open. "what?"

"My soul was brought here because I needed to see you both survive," Mark attempted to explain though Baekhyun's mind was incapable of understanding. "my body remains within my Appa back home. My soul had to come here and see that both you and Chanyeol made it out of the curse alive, because if you didn't I wouldn't be allowed to be born."

Baekhyun's eyes widened. "What?"

"You already know that you weren't supposed to come to this planet, that only happened because Daehyun went against what destiny had written for him."

Baekhyun nodded, he already knew this.

"My life is tied to your son's, we were meant to be great friends but my life doesn't have a purpose without him. Which is why when you were cursed I couldn't be born, which was why I needed to ensure that the both of you would overcome the curse and get things back on the right track so that I could be. My soul came to you to ensure that you get to finish your story, so that your son's could begin and with it my own."

"So I'm talking to a child who hasn't even been born yet?" Baekhyun whispered, staring into those bright brown eyes that -now that he knew - did remind him of his friend from back home.

"I guess you could say it like that." Mark chuckled, finally having the confidence to look his hyung in the eye.

"But wait, my son did survive," Baekhyun gushed. "he lived here with Katherine for a time-"

"I know, our lives are linked so whenever he is born I am too." the blonde boy chuckled. "At that time I actually lived with his mate, we're brothers."

Baekhyun's jaw dropped.

"He wanted me to tell you that he's excited to finally meet you," Mark explained.

Baekhyun immediately felt his eyes burn with unshed tears.

"It's against the rules for souls of those not yet born to meet their parents before they are created but," Mark's eyes sparkled and Baekhyun felt his heart thunder in his chest. "He wants you to know that even though you can't see him right now and that when he is born his memories won't recall it but.. he has been watching over you, loving you and waiting patiently for the day that you can finally hold him in your arms."

"Was he happy?" Baekhyun wondered, his voice cracking. "Will he be happy?"

"For a time he wasn't," Mark admitted, sniffling at the memory that no doubt appeared in his mind. "but my brother was all he needed to place a smile on his lips. As for the future..." he paused, making Baekhyun's breath hitch. "I think that even despite the lack of memories towards you he is still going to be as happy as ever though that will no doubt double when he does find his mate."

They both shared a giggle, Baekhyun swiping at his tears.

"So I will see you again?" He whispered, running his fingers through the boy's head of hair one more time.

"Oh most definitely," Mark grinned, big and wide. "you and Chanyeol made it possible for me to be born. There is no way that I'm missing this opportunity! None of us will remember what we've seen once we're born but you will and I think that's enough to ensure that our lives will be rich and full of love."

"I can promise you that it will." Baekhyun nodded his head, smile on his lips despite the tears streaming down his cheeks.

"Well in that case I suppose that I should go now, I don't have a reason to stay around any longer. I have a due date to get ready for!" The blonde cheered, jumping to his feet.

Baekhyun rushed to join him, clasping his fingers around the boy's wrist to keep him close. Mark turned back at him in surprise, a brow raised in question.

"Has your name always been Mark?"

The boy smiled and nodded his head. "And it will be again, my Dad likes the name. Lucky for me huh?"

"Can..." he stopped himself, trying to find the right words. "Can you tell me what my son's name is or was? Does he have one that he prefers or-"

"Katherine gave him one that fit with the year he was born but it didn't come from you, he wants it to come from you."

"Then I'll think long and hard about it," Baekhyun spoke mostly to himself, though Mark still listened patiently. "Thank you Mark."

"No hyung," Mark placed his hand on top of Baekhyun's, the warmth momentarily freezing the elder. "thank you."

He had tears in his eyes as he slowly began to disappear in front of Baekhyun, the vampire watching him go with a sad smile on his lips and tears still trickling down his cheeks. His arms had found themselves around his torso as he tried to control his shaking body.

"Smurfie?" Chanyeol's deep voice forced him to turn around, his brows furrowed in confusion though the sight of Baekhyun crying before him certainly made him worry. "Is everything okay, what happened?"

He was pulled into his soulmate's chest, the warmth settling his tears and calming his heart. Baekhyun allowed his arms to wrap around the taller's shoulders, pulling him impossibly closer.

"Nothing," he whispered against Chanyeol's bare neck. "I'm okay."

And for once Chanyeol didn't question it, instead he chose to hold his boyfriend close offering him the comfort he needed in that exact moment. 

 

Just a few more chapters before this book is finished!