Connections

Destined

"I still can't believe you called Kyungsoo!" Baekhyun hissed hitting his opened palm against Chanyeol's torso, the Alpha whimpering slightly as he attempted to move away but was unsuccessful since he was pressed against the armrest of the couch.

"We needed a witch and Kyungsoo just so happens to be in the witch slash warlock population of the school and apart of our protector team so of course I needed his help for this!" Chanyeol attempted to make his reasonings beneficial to their cause but Baekhyun just wouldn't stop hitting him.

"Are you sure you even want to do this? I mean my dreams can get quite realistic and it takes some time to get back to reality." Baekhyun admitted, the kissing scene from his nap taking up his mind yet again. "And I can't forget that it occurs in the strangest times like for example I was drinking from Wendy's neck when I got the first vision and then I was sitting in class with everyone else when I got another."

"It's a small price to pay so that you're not the only one going through with it, besides you've said it yourself that we're connected on some other level. We've also figured out that your dreams are somehow connected to the book that my mother gave me, we have to research more into this."

"Chanyeol I already told you that I see our friends in my dreams, that means that I see you too. It's going to be awkward and-"

"What are you trying to stop me from seeing smurfie?" Chanyeol teased with a smug smile on his face, he was waiting patiently for Baekhyun to say something but their conversation ended when their eyes met. The Alpha watched as the vampire's eyes shone between the two colours he's gotten used to seeing, Baekhyun watching as Chanyeol's gaze shined gold before turning back to it's normal brown orbs.

The thick atmosphere surrounding them was strong, they could both feel it settling on their shoulders driving them both internally wild. The Alpha felt his chest fill with air as he watched Baekhyun slowly move in his direction, he unknowingly his lower lip as he stared into those bright alluring eyes getting closer and closer to him.

"Chanyeol-" Baekhyun whispered, blinking up at the Alpha with innocent eyes. He could feel his breath against his cheeks from their proximity and just before they were about to dive and ravish each other the front door burst open forcing them away from each other, Baekhyun tumbled back against the armrest of the couch while Chanyeol stood up from the couch.

"Now what on earth is happening here?!" Kyungsoo shouted once he entered the room with everyone else following him close behind, his eyes were blown wide (wider than usual) when he registered what it was that he and the other's were walking in on.

"Anyone else feeling that tension or is it just me?" Sehun asked completely oblivious to the glares he was being sent from the two MIA protectors who they hadn't seen in over five hours. The blond sent his gaze around the dormitory before turning back to look at the gang of vampires and werewolves taking up the living room with Kyungsoo taking lead ahead of them, seeing their facial expressions caused a sour taste in the back of his throat. "Just me then!"

"Sehun" Chanyeol called, a soft growl hiding beneath the word. When the youngest wolf raised a brow in his Alpha's direction did he continue. "shut up."

"Should we even ask what the both of you have been up to ever since you ran out of our morning class?" Kris wondered, his brows wiggling suggestively in the centre of his forehead. "I don't smell anything particular in the air but given the time length it could have-"

"Knock it off." Chanyeol sighed hanging his head between his shoulders, Baekhyun didn't know if it was because he was frustrated or if it was just because he was embarrassed.

"I told Chanyeol everything." Baekhyun blurted looking up between his two dorm mates, who both looked equally shocked about his words. "Everything." he stressed.

"How are you feeling?" Suho asked gently placing his hand onto the boy's shoulder, Baekhyun blinking back tears as he nodded his head.

He let out a soft giggle, his gaze drifting through everyone. "I feel like a weight's been lifted from my shoulders and I can finally breathe, telling Chanyeol everything really helped me just like you said it would!"

"I'm so happy for you hyung!" Tao cheered from his place next to Kris their arms linked together.

"We need your help" Chanyeol begged turning to Kyungsoo who stood frozen under his stare. Baekhyun stood from the couch and joined the wolf by his side watching the both of them communicate with the rest of the group. "we need you to link me to Baekhyun's dreams."

"You want to do what now?" Sehun laughed looking at his best friend like he had just swallowed an entire village in under a mere moment. "Does this have something to do with the book?"

"It has everything got to do with the book, at least we think anyway." Baekhyun agreed, his gaze slipping to the floor in order to avoid everyone's gaze. "What you two have been reading in the book has been happening in some way in my dreams or at least is what my dreams are leading up to."

"Baekhyun's been dreaming of a story that uses all of us as the faces of the characters within it, my mother gave me a book after telling me that she was tried of having to explain all the time. I never understood what she was talking about until I talked to Baekhyun, his dreams had me thinking that the contents of the books were in fact real." Chanyeol explained to the confused faces.

"You can't honestly believe that you've been reincarnated, right?" Sehun -being the only one knowing some information on the matter- gasped, his eyes shooting from Baekhyun and Chanyeol.

"It's definitely a possibility," Baekhyun replied with a sigh. "we're not ruling anything out at this point. But I've been trying to warn Chanyeol of what could happen if he saw my dreams and-"

"And I've already told you that I can handle it." Chanyeol whispered, looking the vampire dead in the eye. "I can do this Baekhyun, let me share the burden you carry. Please."

"I'm going to need some time to get the ingredients, Tao will you go and grab me one of my herbal drinks? I've ran out of them here but I have some stashed in your dorm's fridge, Luhan I'm going to need you to get me the biggest pot we have here." At the mention of the herbal drink both Baekhyun, Tao and Jongin shivered recalling the moment where they had drunken the sour beverage. "Are you sure you want to do this? Linking two people's minds together will hurt like a as well as have some consequences and I might not be able to undo it."

"I'll be fine, we'll be able to do it." Baekhyun nodded his head, feeling a surge of confidence strike him as he looped his fingers through Chanyeol's hand.

He could do this.

One look from The Alpha next to him finalised that decision. They could do it.

The next thing Baekhyun knew was that he was sitting on stool that had originally been located beneath the black marble island, Chanyeol sitting on another right next to him.

"I wasn't lying when I said that this is going to hurt like a ," Kyungsoo expressed after taking a deep gulp of his horrible herbal beverage. "for both of you."

When neither of the two said anything Kyungsoo simply let a breath of air fall past his plush heart shaped lips, he placed his drink down and allowed his hands to fall into the pot filled with various potions and herbs.

"Join your hands" he ordered, waiting patiently for Baekhyun and Chanyeol to interlock their fingers and when they finally did he took another breath. "prepare yourselves, this is going to burn."

Baekhyun closed his eyes as he heard his best friend move behind him, his lower lip was forced under his teeth as he began panicking the weight of Chanyeol's fingers helping him remain calm. When he deemed himself prepared he nodded his head and the cool wet fingers of his best friend pressed against his temples, it didn't seem that bad.

"Veni" was the only word that the vampire heard before his screams were all that rang through Baekhyun's mind. Kyungsoo wasn't kidding when he said that the spell was going to hurt like a ..