Memories

Destined

Baekhyun 

"Okay hold on, you and that Daehyun guy were actually a couple before you came here?" Tao whispered, he was cautious with his wording after the state Baekhyun had been in on their journey back from the village. 

The new vampire only nodded, giving Tao his answer. "We met when I was in middle school, I had accidentaly seen him feeding on a squirrel during lunch one day.. I had let my cover slip uncousiously and being the curious person I still believe myself to be I questioned him, of course he was scared about being found out but as I later discovered everything had been planned"

"Wait so he purposely feed on a squirrel knowing that you would find him?" To this Baekhyun just dipped his head, his eyes searching for Suho's eyes since he was the one that questioned. 

"Yes, somehow he knew that I would see him and ask questions, its what he wanted to happen and unfortunately it did, he got what he truely wanted in the end.. I asked him questions to broaden my knowledge about him"

"What questions did you ask?" Kai wondered, his eyebrow rasied. Baekhyun sniffed, wiping his tears away while glancing around at the ten other men in the room, his friends and the Alphas each one of themm looking at him with sorrow filled expressions. 

"How long had he been a vampire? What was it like being a vampire? Did he ever kill a person? Were there more people like him?"

"Pretty interested in the topic, weren't you" Luhan giggled trying to lighten the heavy atmosphere hanging over everyone, it worked with everyone letting out either a chuckle or a soft little giggle. 

"Well yeah, you can't really blame me though, after all he was a vampire and I was young, so desperate to know more about him and the vampire ways that I became so attached to him fooling myself into thinking he felt the same way about me, I was 14"

"He didn't think about you the same way?" Kris questioned, his head tilting from his spot in the kitchen. He had been tasked with organising snacks and drinks by Kyungsoo who offered to help, however when the wolf reminded him of Baekhyun's current state Kyungsoo was released of the duties. 

"He just used me as a blood bag for years it wasn't love, he had me believeing that he would only be able to survive with my blood, that I had no other option but give myself to him whenever he needed" 

"He did what?!" Luhan screamed, standing up from the couch in rage scaring the wolves while doing so. 

"I was a kid blinded by love I thought I was doing the right thing! I thought he would die without me.."

"I'm sorry that that happened to you Baek, you never deserved that.." Tao whispered, gently placing his hands over his hyung's shoulders. 

"When did you leave him?" Kyungsoo asked. 

"The morning I woke up after he killed me" Baekhyun admitted with a sigh, his sniffling finally settling. 

"What happened?" Jongdae inquired, although he was slightly hesitate in stating his thoughtss outloud since the topic of their death never really run well with vampires. 

"I remember him drinking from me before he shoved blood down my throat. We had gotten in an agrument before, I resisted him so out of anger he threw me down the stairs in his mansion I broke my neck on the landing and it killed me. What pissed me off was the fact that he left me there, on the mat by the bottom of the steps covered in my own blood, he didn't even bother to move me to a more comfortable place for when I resurrected. I woke up feeling hungrey, upset but above all I was pissed off"

"He compelled you?" Minseok asked, already idealising why Baekhyun was feeling annoyed. 

"Yes" Baekhyun agreed "He compelled me to forget that he forced me into killing my own parents, as well as other personal things that he didn't want to do for himself. I was his human toy, I did everything he wanted me to do without failure but when I turned into a vampire all those memoriees he made me forget came back" 

"He compelled you to kill your parents and forget about it? Why would he do such a thing?" Kyungsoo whispered.

"They were a threat to him, he knew how much I loved them and would do anything for them, even when they told me to stop seeing him I was considering it too. My home was broken but that didn't mean that we didn't care for each other, they knew that he was different and effecting me in all the wrong ways" 

"Did they know-"

"That he was vampire?" Baekhyun finished, watching Sehun nod his head. "No they didn't, according to Dae that was our little secret. I promised to not tell anyone about him being a vampire and he promised me that he'd never hurt me, which obviously he broke. When I told him that my parents didn't want us to be together he flipped, his anger destroyed him it even drove some of the friends I had in his gang insane too, then he compelled me to kill them as everyone watched how I took my parent's lives, forgetting about them after like I was programmed to do so"

"Baek, that's horrible..." Luhan whispered his parental side coming out, although Baekhyun could never see him as a parent like the way he saw Kihyun and Suho.

"So, when I woke up you could imagine how heartbroken I was to know that Daehyun had told me to do that, among other things that I would rather not talk about today" His friends could see the hurt play around in Baekhyun's eyes as the smaller pulled the long sleeves of his PJ shirt down covering his hands, in a somewhat awkward manner. "I lost my family when I was a human" He sniffed drawing his friends downcasted eyes back to him "But I found an even better one now that I am a vampire and I will do anything in my power to protect you guys"

Small smiles tugged at each of his friends lips as they enveloped the crying boy into their arms, Baekhyun smiling through the tears as he felt the warmth of the werewolves protect both him and his friends. 

"Right now that we've settled this why don't we watch some films to change the course of our emotions hm?" Yixing smiled pulling away from the huddle, that slowly fell apart. 

"I actually bought some Disney movies while I was in the village we can watch those if you'd like" Baekhyun smiled, his eyes sparkling at the thought of watching some of his favourite films. 

"O.M.G yes please!" Luhan yelled rushing towards the bag that Baekhyun had made sure to keep close to him throughout the journey home and to the dorm. "You bought Bambi?! you all this is what we're watching first" 

-------------

"Good morning everyone welcome back to Math class" Mrs Nancy smiled at the vampires, werewolves and witch. 

"Good morning Mrs Nancy" the group groaned back up at her. 

"Aish, what is wrong with you all this morning?" she questioned her perfectly plucked eyebrows raising at the boys looking pale faced and worn out. 

"Well I was up all night listening to Chen practice his howling for no reason at all" Yixing groaned rubbing his index fingers into his temples, possibly trying to decrease his headache.

"I was up all night because Suho, Minseok and I were talking about ideas for the upcoming defense classes being protectors of the school we need some sort of improvment from the other classes" Kyungsoo explained his bags under his eyes very visible. 

"Well me and Kai were up playing video games and thinking of new pranks" Sehun admitted watching the teacher who sent them a glare. 

"I was catching up on homework in the library with a..... person" Tao mumbled, his cheeks reddening out of embarrasment. 

"I.....ugh....had a thing" Kris muttered picking up his hood and tossing it over his head, avoiding all chances of eye contact.

"I was busy talking to Jessica" Chanyeol voiced out, his hands holding up his head as a yawn quickly escaped his mouth. 

Baekhyun could feel the strange heart-ache pull at his stomach, his head dropped low knowing everyone was watching him closely to see his reaction to the giant's statement. But surprisingly Baekhyun raised his head, a deep breath entering his chest and leaving slowly, he wouldn't be letting the werewolf know that he effected him as much as he did.  

"And what about you Baekhyun?" Mrs Nancy questioned, feeling her patience wear thin "Were you up all night too?"

"Yes Mrs I was" Baekhyun answered confidently. 

"Care to tell us why?"

"I was up thinking"

"Oh, what about?"

"Just how I've been focusing solely my feelings for someone instead of devoting myself to practising" Baekhyun smiled slightly up at the teacher who watched him with a sad smile. 

"And what is your conclusion Mr Byun?"

"I can promise you now I will focus fully on my studies and training"

"Well done Mr Byun, but you're still a child you have your entire life ahead of you, why don't you confess your felings for that other person?" 

The whole room went quiet waiting for Baekhyun to make a comment on the matter. Chanyeol waiting patiently, his eyes focusing solely on the vampire before him. 

"No offence Mrs, but I've dealt with fake love before and because of that guy I ended up dead, I don't want to go back through being broken hearted, I know I'm not the right one for the guy I like so I'm accepting it and moving on" 

"That's sounds like the best thing to do Baekhyun, but keep those walls down for someone else okay?" 

"Oh believe me Mrs Nancy I will" Baekhyun smiled, grabbing his books and bags before stnding up just in time to hear the bell signalling lunch had began. However before he was even able to mak it into the cafteria, Sehun Kris and Luhan blocked is path. 

"Baekhyun, you like Chanyeol correct?" Sehun asked jumping straight to the point. 

"He does" Luhan nodded agreeing to the statement for the latter who was still shocked by the question. Instead he blew a breath of air in annoyance, crossing his arms over his chest and rested against the wall. 

"He's fixated on Jessica, probably even in love with her"

"Listen to me Baekhyun, Chanyeol does not like Jessica that way, the poor bastard feels bad for her after what happened in the village, besides it's not like she lets him leave her side anyway" Kris stated a small smile on his face when Baekhyun's eyes fell to the ground. 

"Yeah she got threatened but Chanyeol knows about my relationship with Daehyun, I thought he would at least try to comfort me too.. Jessica isn't with him every minute of the day"

"Chanyeol hates Jessica!" Sehun yelled stomping his leg like a child. 

_______

Walking into the cafeteria Baekhyun almost dropped his lunch tray. There at the very centre table was Chanyeol with his head back with Jessica's hands on his head. Their lips connected rather passionately for Baekhyun's sake. "Hates her huh?" Baekhyun asked through a scoff. 

Pushing his lunch tray into Luhan's hands he goes out of the lunchroom without noticing the silence in the room while he spoke, or the gazes everyone sent his way. 

"Get the away from me!" Chanyeol yelled pushing the girl away from him, unlike everyone else he hadn't realised Baekhyun's presence when he had been there. 

"Of course Channie" she smiled bending over so she could show off her s more. "I'll be over on the corner, if you need me" with one more wink and a swat of her hair, she swayed her hips and walked away. 

Sehun, Luhan and Kris sighed dropping their heads and walked over to the table, being the last ones of the protectors to join. Kyungsoo and Suho sent them nods understanding the situation, yet Chanyeol's gaze hadn't yet left the empty chair across from him. "Where's Baekhyun?" He asked.

"He came here with us but lost his appetite" Luhan hissed dropping Baekhyun's tray infront of him, the plastic sliding across the table only to rest infront of Chanyeol.

"Is he sick?"

"He probably is now" Kyungsoo sighed, standing up and gathering his belongings. "I'm going to go look for him, you guys just stay here and leave us alone for awhile"

"I'll come with you" Chnayeol announced already grabbing his bag. 

"No, sit, eat and shut up" Luhan growled throwing a grape at the Alpha. 

After spending the whole lunch break looking for the newbie, Kyungsoo had overheard that he was sent to the nurses office, figuring Baekhyun needed rest he aborted his mission and returned to class, taking his seat next to Luhan. They both stared helplessly at the seat before them, Baekhyun's. 

Halfway through the class the door was opened and their dorm-mate stepped inside, his face pale and cheeks stained with tear stains. The History tecaher halted in his words before accepting the note from the nurse, Baekhyun shuffled to his seat after confirming his health condition was fine. He slipped into the chair before his friends, sending them both a sad smile as he did so.

"As I was saying today we will be discussing the Vampire emotional switch, as we all know Vampire emotions are slightly different from those we had when we were human. Sad is despair, Anger turns to pure rage and happiness is overjoyed.. for most vampires these emotions can get too overbearing, no-one wants to feel despair or worthless so a majority of time the decide to turn their emotions off which we call the Humanity Switch" 

Luhan and Kyungsoo shared a glance when Baekhyun's attention was brought back from space to focus on the information being released to him. 

"When vampires turn from being human into the supernatural they still have their human traits, for example while I was a human I cared about others and felt what they felt when they did, so when I became a vampire that really stood out. If I didn't want to feel like my human self anymore than I would focus on pushing those emotions or feelings away almost like I was forcing a switch to click, by doing this I could go on with my life without feeling anything, no love, compassion, sadness, anger however you will rely solely on your vampire instint meaning your thirst for blood would increase" 

Baekhyun took in every word that he heard, storing the information in the back of his mind or a later date, he was compassionate before he was a vampire so according to his teacher that would be magified or increased alot more now. It made sense since he consoled Tao before knowing fully well if he would be a threat towards him or his friends. 

"An anchor if you're lucky to have one would be the only person that would be able to make you feel those emotions even if you tried to push them away, a friend or family member will become your temporary anchor until you find a mate. You'll have a strong pull towards your mate often finding yourself wanting to do stuff that you wouldn't usually do to others" Mr Johnson explained walking around his desk to the whiteboard, where he began writing down everything he said.  

Baekhyun watched the words be written out before him, however he never brought his pen down on the paper to begin the notes. His mind was so preoccupied with the new information he had inquired from his teacher, unknowingly to him Kyungsoo and Luhan watched over their friend too scared to ask if he was considering forcing his emotions away after everything that had happened. Since they knew Baekhyun didn't have an anchor at this point in time which would be a bad thing if the vampire did try to force his emotions away.