The Ceremony

Destined

Baekhyun watched with bated breath as Kyungsoo and Ms Lee entered the archway hand in hand with Jongin, the werewolf having been Kyungsoo's own personal pick to join him in the ceremony. The vampires and the rest of the werewolves all gathered behind the salt line, their eyes all locked on the scene happening ahead of them.

Chanyeol was still standing with his arms wrapped around Baekhyun, holding the vampire close to his chest as he whispered into his ear. "It's going to be beautiful, just watch."

Namjoon stood in the centre of the space with his hands raised towards the ceiling of the hall, from his fingertips sprouted what appeared to be a kennel of some sort. Baekhyun was able to recall it from that one time in middle school when his teacher arrived that morning holding something of similar build, the entire class was surprised to see a small kitten emerge from the box meowing cutely up at them all.

Nothing that close to a kitten emerged from the kennel.

Baekhyun watched in surprise as small blue hues of light all flittered out of the kennel, blasting themselves into even smaller particles once they reached the opened air. Many of them raced towards the spectating protectors only for their blue light to bounce off the barrier created by the salt, Baekhyun expected them to be able to get through the archway entrance but surprisingly they bounced off that as well.

When the blue light beams realised that there was no escaping, they all began fluttering around in a wide circle above the six bodies within the salt line. Kyungsoo, Baekhyun noticed, was standing in the centre of them, his arms spread out wide in a welcoming gesture. His eyes were closed as he focused on the words he was sprouting, they weren't heard behind the barrier but Baekhyun could offer a guess as to what language he was speaking since most of his best friend's spells were spoken or written in Latin.

"They're like blue fireflies.." he stated to Chanyeol who was the only one paying attention to him, the others were too interested in the blue lights flying around. "I don't think I've seen anything as beautiful."

"Oh no I definitely have," Chanyeol nodded his head. He had stood beside Baekhyun now rather than behind him, his arm still hung snug against the vampire's waist. "I see it every day-"

"Nice try Romeo," Baekhyun pecked his lips and cuddled into his side, resting his head against Chanyeol's chest. "You made yourself too obvious with that pick-up line."

"Hey look those ten aren't a part of the swirling vortex thingy!" Luhan shouted, pointing with his index finger towards the barrier. It was a little higher than Baekhyun and Chanyeol, everyone turning their heads up to notice that there were in fact ten blue lights blinking against the barrier. They weren't trying to get through, but it looked as though they were studying the protectors.

None of them were directly in front of the barrier so when Baekhyun took another couple steps forward he still had some space before the white line. He stood directly below one of them, his breath hitching as it flittered down to him. The vampire blinked as his finger came up to touch the barrier, the blue light buzzing before glowing a beautiful white light.

"My power.." Baekhyun gasped, watching as the blue light was now a completely different colour. The vampire nearly jumped when he saw a new blue light right next to the one that appeared to be interested in him, it spun around and fizzed for a second before breaking out into a bright orange flame. "Chanyeol look, don't these remind you of our powers?"

"Eh Baekhyun?" Jongdae called, he was a little further down the salt line but his eyes were trained on the blue light before him. Baekhyun felt his breath hitch once he realised that the light was shifting into a light bolt, it showcased a lighting storm. "Is my power thunder in your dreams?"

"You were the son of the Alpha to the Lighting Pack so I'm assuming that this is right." Baekhyun explained with a pant, he was looking up at Chanyeol for confirmation but the Alpha hadn't seen the dreams where the information was exposed to.

"Guys what the hell is Chanyeol's flame doing?" Kris gasped, pulling everyone's attention back to directly a head of where Chanyeol was currently standing. Baekhyun watched with wide eyes as the once bright orange light was corrupted with small black dots of darkness, a darkness hidden within the flames.

Everyone turned to Chanyeol who was staring at his flame, not in surprise but in interest. Baekhyun's gaze bore through the barrier and onto Ms Lee who had turned her head to see the ten of them, her eyes widened once she realized that there were ten small balls representing each of their powers pressed against the barrier. Her jaw dropped when Baekhyun gestured to Chanyeol's, she knew exactly what was happening and Baekhyun was slightly jealous that he wasn't aware of what was happening for the first time.

"Leave us alone." he spoke through the barrier, Baekhyun watched with wide eyes as the balls flew backwards into the void joining the rest of the blue lights. They quickly changed back to their original colour and shape, allowing the remaining protectors to let out a sigh of relief.

Baekhyun took a very confused Chanyeol into his embrace, he let the giant's head fall onto his shoulder and swallowed a lump in his throat as the werewolf shivered in fright. No one understood what just happened, Kris and Yixing were looking at Chanyeol in surprise while Sehun and Jongdae glanced at each other hoping that the other one would have the answer to the question everyone had in their mind. What the hell just happened.

"Look he's getting something!" Instead of Luhan this time the shout came from Suho who pressed his finger against the barrier, everyone watched as it set off a ripple similar to if you dropped a stone in a lake. "Is that a penguin?"

"Wait no look," Minseok gasped, pointing to another blue light that had morphed itself into another animal. "It's an owl."

"He's gotten two, that means that he is able to choose between the two of them!" Luhan squealed, he was jumping up and down on the spot with his hands happily clapping together. "This is fantastic news guys oh my goodness, I'm so proud of him!"

"What do you think he will pick?" Yixing wondered, his head tilted as his gaze locked on the scene before him. "I think it might be the penguin."

"He's turning to the owl dude." Sehun deadpanned, hitting the elder Alpha on his forearm which brought a small giggle out of Baekhyun's lips. Chanyeol stood up and watched what was happening with a broad smile on his face.

Everyone watched as Kyungsoo bowed his head to the owl, the blue light shining even brighter than it had originally. The penguin's shape disintegrated as Kyungsoo claimed the other animal, Baekhyun let out a surprised gasp as the owl shimmered before bursting out into bright white snowflakes. The once blue light was no longer alive as in its place sprouted a big eyed creature with fluffy brown features and sharp talons, the image of the owl had been created into one. Before Baekhyun could register what just happened, the owl shimmered once again before releasing a blinding light into the air. The blue lights that had been circling above the six people in the salt line all rushed back to the kennel where they came from, the owl was transported into a beautiful dark blue crystal with small glitter-like shapes within it.

The following five minutes were blurred in Baekhyun's opinion. At some stage Jungkook had taken the kennel and then within blinking time the six of them walked through the archway, the council members spoke a little more to Ms Lee before disappearing in a puff of green smoke. Jongin and Kyungsoo were chatting while looking at the crystal in the palm of the warlock's hand. Luhan had interrupted their conversation with Sehun by his side, they talked for a moment with Kyungsoo's eyes wide before dipping his head. They had been dismissed so that they could fall through with their plan, Baekhyun figured he would be better off waiting a little while longer before acting up his dizziness.

"Quite a weird thing wasn't it?" Chanyeol said through a sigh, he was holding onto the bridge of his nose. Baekhyun noticed how tired his boyfriend had suddenly looked, he was worried but since he wasn't sure exactly what happened he thought it best to keep his mouth shut. "Let's not tell Kyungsoo about it, he's already doing enough for us at the moment."

"I wonder if he got any results on the blood he took from us," Baekhyun wondered, his finger pressing against his chin while his eyes turned upwards to the ceiling. "I highly doubt it since he would have told us if there was anything of importance in it."

"Then stop thinking too much into it" Chanyeol deadpanned, taking his boyfriend's chin in his palm. They stared into each other's eyes for a moment before Baekhyun noticed the sudden flash of yellow, he had grown used to the sight of the amber colour. "If he finds anything I'm sure he will let us know, for now let's make you look like you're feeling dizzy."

Baekhyun released a nervous chuckle as Chanyeol pulled him flush against him, the vampire's breath getting lost in his throat. "Was that really necessary puppy?"

"Oh baby I've been wanting to do it all day." Chanyeol sent him a wink before taking him by the hand over to Kyungsoo who had moved to talk with Ms Lee. "Kyungsoo, Baekhyun isn't feeling good at all."

"I stayed so I could watch but I'm really tired right now.." Baekhyun whispered, resting his head against Chanyeol's shoulder. He offered Ms Lee a small tired smile before turning back to Kyungsoo. "I'm so proud of you Kyungsoo, you got an owl!"

"Thank you for hanging on to see what happened Baekhyun" the warlock bowed his head in respect. "again I'm really sorry if I took more than necessary, the spell was really hard to judge just how much I would get. I received the owl as my familiar, his name is Twiddle!"

"Twiddle? That's too cute!" Baekhyun gushed although his happiness had to be quickly toned down so Kyungsoo would believe his tiredness. The vampire found himself sending Ms Lee a glance only to see her staring at her son, she looked like she was holding herself back from saying anything since Kyungsoo was in front of them. Chanyeol wasn't sending his mother a glance since the only thing he had on his mind right now was getting Baekhyun back so they could quickly help Sehun and Luhan send up the room, whatever the hell happened to his flame could be left until tomorrow.

"Chanyeol keep a close eye on him will you? Oh and you guys have to be quiet since I think Luhan might be asleep with Sehun since he's been talking about a stomach ache all day, I'm even surprised he attended the ceremony to be honest."

"He wanted to come because this is important to you Kyungsoo, that's why all of us did. You deserved this more than anyone, I'm proud of you Soo." Chanyeol smiled, reaching out and lightly bumping his fist against Kyungsoo's chest. "I'll keep my eye on him don't worry, I'll see you later okay?"

"Sounds great to me thanks again Chanyeol!" The warlock grinned before waving off the couple.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol nodded their heads to their friends who set to work piling around Kyungsoo and wishing him his congratulations for getting a familiar, they slipped out into the hallways without anyone watching them.

"Now what do we do?" Baekhyun wondered, realising just how tired he actually was after the ceremony. Chanyeol offered him a smile before letting his fangs plunge into his arm before gesturing with his other finger for Baekhyun to drink it.

"You'll feel better after you get some blood, then I'll carry you back to the dorms."

"You really enjoy carrying me places don't you?" Baekhyun let out a laugh before the dripping blood off Chanyeol's arm, the Alpha's breath hitched at the sight of it. The vampire threw back his head and allowed his fangs to come from his gums before he began at the wounds. Yet what neither one of them realised was that everytime Chanyeol offered his already bitten arm to Baekhyun, the vampire was also receiving a bit of the venom from the Alpha's fangs.

"I have to admit it is a pleasure of mine.." Chanyeol admitted with a small smile on his lips as he watched with loving eyes as Baekhyun was feasting on his arm. "however I won't do anything you don't want me to-"

"Oh no don't worry about that" Baekhyun gasped, pulling himself away from the sweet blood pumping beneath him. "you can do whatever you want to me Chanyeol."

"Anything?" Chanyeol watched as Baekhyun's tongue lapped up the blood trickling down his forearm, the sight of it was making the Alpha feel things too soon in the day. "Do you mean that?"

"Did I leave you alone in the shower with a hard on?" Baekhyun whispered after pressing himself up against Chanyeol's chest, their eyes were glazed over in lust as they stared into each other's souls.

From this sassy remark Chanyeol knew his answer, Baekhyun was giving him permission to do whatever the hell he wanted to him. However much he wanted to take the vampire up on his offer straight away he still had some senses to render him immoible. They needed to go and help Sehun and Luhan set up for Kyungsoo's surprise party, whatever they wanted had to wait until later to happen.

"Later baby, we have work to do right now." Chanyeol muttered in a low voice against Baekhyun's lips, the vampire losing control for a brief moment to press their lips together. The Alpha bent low and pulled Baekhyun's waist against his own, the vampire jumped and let out a content sigh into Chanyeol's mouth when his boyfriend's arms wrapped around him before he fell back. They tumbled against the wall and let out a moan into the air, they both didn't even care if they were heard by those still in the hall. Chanyeol gripped harder on his boyfriend's before propelling them out of the hallway and into the hall where their dorms were, from there he pressed Baekhyun back against the wall. The vampire let out a moan when Chanyeol's kisses were directed towards his neck, and against the skin. Baekhyun's fingernails acted as claws as they travelled down his boyfriend's suit jacket. Before he could catch his breath Baekhyun's legs were forced from Chanyeol's waist and onto the ground, the Alpha pulled himself away. They were both panting and as much as Baekhyun wanted to continue their advances he felt frustration spill through his stomach as Chanyeol sent him a wink. "Revenge for this morning." Baekhyun let out a pant as the Alpha knocked on his dorm door, Sehun pulling it open only to glare at him.

"Dude the tension out here can be cut by a knife."

"The tension is all Baekhyun right now!" Chanyeol chuckled, entering the dormitory with a bright smile on his lips. Baekhyun supposed that in some twisted way he deserved what just happened to him, he just wasn't going to admit any of that to his adoptive son who still stared at him in confusion.

"Don't even ask Oh." Baekhyun warned, pointing his index finger deep into the boy's chest calling him by his last name.

"Wasn't going to!" Sehun shrieked jumping backwards against the door when Baekhyun entered his dormitory with a dark aura hanging over his shoulders.

 

Chanyeol finally got his revenge after Baekhyun's stunt in the bathroom, do you think he deserved it? What do you think will happen in the next chapter?