Maddix Attacks

Destined

The heat from the falling droplets was enough to erase the tension hiding in his shoulders, the soft plump lips pressing against his skin brought a small smile to his own as he turned around under the running water to be greeted with the man of his dreams.

Park Chanyeol stood in all of his glory, his lips pulled back in the brightest smile Baekhyun had ever seen. He looked relaxed, composed and above all else in love with the man standing in front of him. The vampire hummed in delight after feeling those very soft lips press against his own, lifting him out of his body and into the aestrail plain where fireworks and butterflies filled all of his senses. He was pulled back into his body by the tingling touches being delivered to his waist, the ever so delicate touches drifted from the bottom of his ribcage all the way down to the sensitive skin where his torso met his leg.

The warmth of Chanyeol's hands brought a dull smile to Baekhyun's lips, his body working before his mind was even able to think it through. Their lips pushed and pulled against each other, magnets in their own right and mind connecting their masters in a seemingly endless dance.

"How are you feeling?" The Alpha managed to get out before his lips were attacked yet again. Baekhyun heaved a deep sigh when he stepped backwards, the water falling in a triangle formation off his head. Chanyeol chuckled when he felt a spray of the blast hit his chest but otherwise he continued forward not liking that Baekhyun could be out of reach for even a moment's time.

"My head is fuzzy but I'm not sure if it is your kisses or your venom doing it to me." he admitted through the sly smile on his lips. Oh how desperately Chanyeol wanted to ravish him, make love to the love of his life before his time on earth came to an end. But he held his breath and calmed his thoughts, there was still time for that after all.

"I'm sorry that I had to bite you-"

"Please don't be," Baekhyun begged, pulling his boyfriend forward until their bodies were pressed together again. Chanyeol's nose instantly burrowing itself deep into the crook of the vampire's neck, his action causing shivers to go down the back of his lover. "I don't regret it for a moment Channie please don't tell me that you regret it when I don't."

"They'll hate me when you're gone..." he whispered, his chest heaving as his fingers dug deeper into his lover's skin. "They already blame me for going through with it."

"They don't matter," Baekhyun muttered back to him, his words stinging momentarily. "the only thing that matters to you is if I blame you for it or not. I don't and I never will. They will understand that in time."

"How can they when I blame myself for your suffering too?"

"Chanyeol please don't start this," Baekhyun begged, holding onto his boyfriend's shoulders. The werewolf tried to search for an ounce of regret in his lover's mind but couldn't find even a shred of it, naturally it would have brought a relieved breath from his lungs but Chanyeol's own beliefs outweighed Baekhyun's own. Of course he was going to blame himself for his mate's death, had he been under mind control maybe then he would have gone a little easier on himself. "we have limited time together. I don't want to leave with my last memory of us fighting."

"Tell me what I can do to make your last few hours on this earth bearable." Chanyeol stressed, reaching out to hold his beloved by his cheeks. "So that the memories we share will be with us forever."

"Can we start with a picnic?" Baekhyun wondered, a laugh slipping through his grinning lips. "I've always wanted to have one but I wasn't able to."

"A picnic on the school grounds, will you be comfortable with that?"

"Will you remain by my side?"

"Of course."

"Then it would be the most fabulous picnic I've ever been on."

Chanyeol looked into his mate's eyes which turned out to be a little harder than expected due to the fast rush of water trickling over his hair. "Then I shall prepare for our little date right away."

"Can't you stay just a little longer?"

"The longer I stay here the less time we will have to spend together."

"Always so annoying," Baekhyun pouted, using his strength to pull his boyfriend closer. Chanyeol's lips pressing against his own for a moment before pulling himself away before their moment could be heated any more than it already was. "but that is why I have such feelings for you."

The moment they left the shower and were dressing together in Baekhyun's bedroom, fate just had to tear them away from each other again.

The ferocious knocking being applied to the door had the young vampire squealing and rushing back into the bathroom, desperate to hide himself before anyone wished to enter his room. Chanyeol laughed at his expense, standing proud in his jeans with no shirt to cover his well built body or the small bruises Baekhyun had etched into his skin when he was given the chance.

"You can come in!" he called to whoever was standing outside his boyfriend's bedroom. The harsh thump that rang through the room from how harsh the door was pushed open had the Alpha freezing in his actions, his vision instantly zoning in on Luhan whose hair was in a mess as well as his cheeks showing obvious tear stains. "What happened?"

"Maddix, they managed to get through the barrier. He's alone with a small army but we need all the help we can get."

"What about my brother?"

"No sign of him or Jessica, we have wolves scouting the remaining parts of the borders to prevent another attack but we have strong belief he isn't here.. At least not yet.."

"My mother?"

"Shouting out orders in the cafeteria, we rounded up the younger years and got them to safety. Kyungsoo and Skylar found a way to block off a certain part of the castle, people can get in but not come out-"

"How is that going to protect anyone?" Baekhyun questioned, having fully dressed now that he had come back into the conversation. Both he and Chanyeol seemed quite calm about the matter happening outside the dormitory, which just seemed to freak Luhan out just a tad bit more.

"It is quite effective actually, only Kyungsoo and Skylar can override it. Anyone of Maddix's people who attempt to get in will be stuck in there and if we win this battle they will be our prisoners and of course if we lose this battle they will remain stuck in that part of the castle until they eventually starve and die themselves." Luhan actually smiled at his explanation which just seemed like utter torment to the couple standing before him. "Everyone inside is being guarded by Skylar herself and a couple of the other vampires we could pull. The hybrids and the rest of the witches are helping out fighting against them outside and the other vampires are taking care of the ones that get inside the castle, they aren't too happy that they got woken up from their sleep though..."

"Well neither would I," Baekhyun admitted, pulling a hoodie over his head. He immediately wrapped his fingers around Chanyeol's arm, his gaze locked on Luhan. "What do you need from us?"

"Are you sure you're up to fighting?" the older vampire asked, a brow raised in surprise.

Baekhyun turned and looked up to Chanyeol who was already looking down, his lips pressing into a tight line as he gently shook his head. "We don't have a choice in the matter, he's going to come regardless."

"That's right," he nodded his head, walking past both of the boys anxious about his actions. He offered them each a smile, trying oh so desperately to make them feel somewhat comforted even though his efforts were in vain. "I won't be fighting if that's what the both of you are concerned about. I know I won't be much help in that regard anyway, but I still at least want to be out there so instead I will devote my time to the youngsters who are more than terrified of the events happening all around them."

"Are you sure?" Chanyeol wondered, rushing over to his mate who welcomed the palm of his hand to his cheek.

"Of course, you know I won't be harmed there and like Luhan said no one will be able to cause harm with the many people inside. Those belonging to Daehyun's side of this war will know the consequences of entering the spelled hallway and I can guarantee that they won't wish to penetrate it, I will be fine."

"Skylar and Kyungsoo wrote the spell down and the potion that can reverse it if anything were to happen to them, it is safe within the bubble so no one will know where to begin looking for it." Luhan stated, voicing out the information that had been given to him in a rush as the entire school went into defensive mode.

"Take us wherever you have to." Chanyeol ordered the other vampire, too nervous to apologise for his harsh tone. Luhan didn't seem to care much about it since he dipped his head and began leading them out of the dormitory. Sehun and Kris were waiting for them in the living room, both of them bowed their heads in a silent greeting.

"We are going to Baekhyun to the bubble, Kris is going to take you to the fight Chanyeol." Luhan explained to the taller Alpha who appeared to be hesitant about the news. "He will be protected there, you have my word."

"I know," Chanyeol coughed out, his eyes rapidly blinking back the tears in his eyes. "I just hope that I make it back in time... "

"You will." Baekhyun tried to reassure his mate but the look in Chanyeol's eyes told him that his efforts held no impact. "We can delay our picnic for a couple hours, there will be no harm done."

"I hate how optimistic you are." The Alpha huffed, crossing his arms over his chest. Baekhyun released a giggle, standing on his tiptoes to press one last loving kiss to his mate before he quickly turned to Luhan. The vampire held out his hand and the younger took it without question, his stomach flipping as he was propelled out of the room and around the school until he was forced to stop just shy of the entrance to the football pitch where most of the attack seemed to be focused on.

"They tried getting in through the windows," Sehun gestured with his hand to a broken window close to the supposed bubble Skylar and Kyungsoo had created. "but the spell prevented them from dragging anyone out. We allowed them to try and take a vampire just to see if it would work and the poor guy was covered in their blood before he could realise what was happening, he didn't inflict it just in case you were wondering. The two of them more or less exploded when they tried to extract someone inside the bubble."

"Well if I didn't have an appetite before I surely won't have one now.." Baekhyun gulped down the vomit that was forming in the pit of his stomach, the remains of those who had tried to leave the bubble were covering the entire hallway and some parts of the window frames located along one side of the bubble.

"The children were taken into one of the classrooms, apparently Skylar is telling them stories to prevent them from losing their minds. She's doing a brilliant job of it, especially since they rounded up as much food as they could from the kitchen and stuffed it in there too just in case." Luhan smiled, gently pushing Baekhyun forward a few steps before the vampire took it upon himself to cross the border. The bubble became visible as he continued on his journey towards the chosen classroom, the soft whispered of purple and blue swirled above him.

He tossed a glance over his shoulder, Luhan and Sehun were sharing an intimate moment just shy of the border entrance. The werewolf was holding onto the vampire's waist, their bodies pressed together with only a small amount of space between their faces. Baekhyun immediately looked away, his cheeks burning in secondhand embarrassment. Even though he had been reborn throughout countless centuries Byun Baekhyun viewed Sehun as his adoptive son and since he never did figure out what happened between the two of them, he believed that they should have their privacy for now.

The sounds of the battle ranging just outside the hallway managed to break through the bubble, Baekhyun's stomach churned when he realised that most of the sounds were cries of absolute agony. He just wished that those cries belonged to Daehyun's people rather than his own.

He couldn't wrap his head around the reasoning behind Maddix's sudden appearance. It had been just over an hour since the rescue mission had gone under way, surely they didn't need to take Kyungsoo back.

"He's here to bring down our numbers." Kyungsoo's voice spoke into his ear, Baekhyun jumped at the sound turning away from the window to look at him.

He seemed a lot better than when he had been chained up, his eyes weren't as dull and his shaking figure seemed to have calmed down. Baekhyun offered him a smile, though Kyungsoo refused to return it. Instead his eyes were focused on the new mark adoring Baekhyun's skin, they were hooded in a glare that brought a shiver down the vampire's back.

"I still can't believe that he willingly went through with it." Kyungsoo stated after having cleared his throat, Baekhyun watched as he stepped right up next to him. Their shoulders brushing as they looked out into the football pitch that had now become a battleground. "He read your mind he knew what was going to happen and yet he still-"

"Kyungsoo..." Baekhyun sighed, his head feeling heavy between his shoulders. "I asked him too. We needed Daehyun to think that he could have been the one to prevent it, it completely messed up his plan."

"You told him that you loved him." Kyungsoo shook his head, his eyes searching for his best friend's but to no luck. Baekhyun just refused to look at him. "Was that also a part of your plan?"

"I had to, for a while I believed that I did love him even if now I know that couldn't have been real love. Chanyeol taught me what real love was, real couples fight and learn to grow their love together not expect to constantly receive that love. Daehyun thought he had the upper hand, he thought that he was going to force Chanyeol to bite me and then he would be the one regretting that death. But since I told him to do it Chanyeol willingly went through with my request, he knows that I'm the one that wanted him to do it, not Daehyun. Therefore he can't truly blame himself, I told Daehyun a lie so that he would be the one regretting my death, not Chanyeol."

"Even in your final moments you still managed to find a way to protect Chanyeol." Kyungsoo's voice lost all its venom. "Do you think that he will be able to use that ability to save you?"

"Daehyun took me out of Chanyeol's curse, but I would like to believe that once a spell is completed there isn't a way to stop it. Luhan explained such a thing when we were asking him if there was a spell in your witch's cookbook that would take away your powers for good, we believed that they would use it against you if there was. Thankfully Luhan said that there wasn't a chance that there was a spell like that in there." Baekhyun couldn't help but laugh at the glare Kyungsoo was sending him when he realised that he had called his grimoire a witch's cookbook again.

"I would smack you but I'll let the venom do that for me." he glared, but the vampire was still able to find the humor in the threat. He had come to peace with his death now so it was okay to listen to jokes about it.

"Come," Luhan pulled them both out of their conversation. He wrapped a hand over each of them, a small smile on his lips being sure to avoid the venom invested shoulder on his best friend. "We can't be here looking out into the battle-zone, we have a duty inside to keep the younger kids entertained."

"Right" Baekhyun nodded his head, his gaze turning back out the window again. He could see Chanyeol amidst the struggle outside the window, he and Sehun were fighting some werewolves with their bare hands. He thought that they would have transformed into their wolf side but clearly he was mistaken, maybe if he was lucky enough he would be able to witness it soon. "Let's go and distract the kids!"