Wishes

Destined

Baekhyun found himself standing by the bank of the river both he and Chanyeol come to on the day of his mother's funeral, the young omega locking his eyes on the night sky above him. He wondered if his mother was watching over him from the cosmos. He drew a deep breath as the cool midnight breeze passed by him in a rush to get to the trees across the bank, Baekhyun's gaze meeting with the sparkling water below his feet. 

"I wouldn't consider entering if I were you," a deep voice shook the omega out of his thoughts, Baekhyun remained in place by the bank his shoes and socks having been placed just slightly behind him out of the waves of the water. "it's a lot colder out here then it was all those years ago Baekhyun." 

"I know" the boy giggled, bringing his hands around his chest in a failed attempt to keep the warmth within himself. "but I wanted to feel the water again. It has always remained me of that time, you truly made me feel better Chanyeol I don't think you understand what you did and it's effect that it had on me." 

"I took your mind off things" the Alpha suggested, Baekhyun's hearing picking up the soft footsteps behind him. His skin on the back of his neck burned as Chanyeol's nose nuzzled it from behind, Baekhyun's lips letting out a soft gasp as he felt the warm arms s around his waist resting just below his own clasped limbs. "and I'm more than happy to do it again." 

"Do you have a wish you want to ask the meteor shower?" Baekhyun whispered avoiding the words Chanyeol had just spoken, he found himself turning around to look the Alpha in the eye. 

Their foreheads sought out each other as their gaze locked under the power of the full moon, the stars tinkled begging them to utter the words that both of the boys standing within the water wished to speak. Baekhyun's heart quickened as Chnayol's gaze changed, his eyes turning from a soft welcoming stare to a serious and honest look. 

"You already know the answer to that question Baekhyun-" 

"Tell me again," Baekhyun begged, looping his arms around Chanyeol's neck pulling him forward until there was little to no space between their bodies. Their breath fanned against each other's lips, the muscles just being to be met and seal the wish that they hoped would come true. "say it again and it has to come true. Chanyeol please-" 

"I wish that you turn out to be my mate, I want you to stay by my side for all eternity in this life and the next until the end of time. I felt my first ever stomach butterflies in this lake with you and throughout this whole mate finding ceremony I can't avoid the desire I have within me to want you, protect you and make sure that every waking moment of your life is one filled with happiness. I cannot utter those three words that I so desperately want to tell you just yet but know that I do believe them to be true, I don't want to force my feelings onto you at a time like this and I do wish to court you properly if you'll allow me of course." 

Baekhyun was starstruck, his jaw dropped as he attempted to form words to respond to the heartfelt confession yet nothing was said. He helplessly looked up into the Alpha's eyes with tears filling his eyes from how genuine and honest he sounded, Chanyeol truely did have a way with words. 

"Does this mean that if I accept to allow you to court me properly that your undivided attention will be placed onto me rather than the other omegas?" 

"Baekhyun to be completely honest with you I haven't see another omega in the way that I've been seeing you, ever since you smiled at me that time we were introduced I knew that I would never settle for another if I didn't at least get a chance of seeing you again. You don't understand how excited I was to see you when I overheard my father tell my mother that you had accepted their proposal of taking part in the lottery system." 

A low sound rumbled in the distance forcing both of the wolves to turn their gaze up to the stars, the meteor shower was beginning. They both watched as the comets began to fall through the sky all around them, Baekhyun releasing an overjoyed giggle as he clutched onto Chanyeol tighter. 

"Yes," he whispered, pulling the boy's head back down to focus on him. It wasn't hard since the beauty that was reflected in the shower was tripled by the beauty that was Byun Baekhyun. "I wish that I was your mate. I wish that I can stay by your side for eternity and find each other in the many years to come until the end of time, Park Chanyeol I Byun Baekhyun hope that our wish is heard and granted." 

Chanyeol's lips pulled up into a bright smile, gathering the omega in his arms and lifting him from the cool water lapping at their feet. Baekhyun let out a heartful laugh as he clutched the Alpha's shoulders tightly, the squealing ringing louder than the passing comets. Gradually Chanyeol allowed the omega back down into the water, Baekhyun's back shivering at the sudden cool feeling. 

"You'll go blue if you stay in here" Chanyeol joked, pulling Baekhyun back into his arms and walking back to the rocks where the boy's shoes and socks were located. "You'll start to look a Smurf!" 

"A smurf?!" 

"Oh I like that nickname for you" Chanyeol winked, pulling off his hoodie and using as a towel to dry Baekhyun's wet feet. "from now on you'll be called Smurfie!" 

"You really are shameless you giant!" Baekhyun laughed, gently colliding his hand off the boy's shoulder. The Alpha simply shrugged his shoulders acting as if the words Baekhyun spoke meant nothing more than an average comment to him. 

The silence that fell on them was comfortable, Baekhyun's cheeks heating up as he watched as Chanyeol gently dried his feet. With a sudden burst of confidence Baekhyun allowed his fingers to loop around Chanyeol's elf like ears and pull him so close that their faces were inches apart. "You can court me properly tomorrow, for tonight just kiss me. Please." 

A sharp intake of breath was all that he was able to do before the taller's lips pressed against his own. It was an innocent kiss between two young wolves who wished so large that they never realised that another had wished something that would complicate things for the two in the years to come.