'Roomies'

Destined

~Byun Baekhyun~

"This is our dorm room Baekhyun" Kyungsoo grinned holding the door open for the said boy to walk through, Suho had said goodbye to the youngers when they reached the staircase. He had explained briefly that the two would need time alone anyway to construct their soon to be blossoming friendship. Baekhyun wanted to protest against the idea, still worried if his hunger would drive him to attack the latter but when Kyungsoo stated that the eldest shouldn't worry about them he seemed to relax just a bit.

Once he stepped inside the dorm after thanking Kyungsoo for holding the door, his eyes widened his jaw dropping at the sight before him. A massive space greeted him with welcoming arms, the walls painted a bright yet innocent cream while the floors glistened in hardwood.

Turning to his favoured side Baekhyun viewed the living room. A large black couch sat comfortably in the corner of the room, it was covered with blankets and pillows of all colours and shapes really adding that splash of colour to liven up the cream and black mix. Right at the edge of the couch was a sliding pull door that led out into a small balcony. Kyungsoo allowed Baekhyun free range throughout the dorm declaring the famous quote "Mi casa tu casa". With excitement coursing through his veins Baekhyun immediately rushed over, sliding the door open and stepping out. The sunlight felt warm against his skin, the morning breeze sweeping through his hair as he breathed in the stench of nature all around him. Kyungsoo also stepped out into the sunlight, he rested his arms against the railing and wallowed in the warmth for a little while longer. 

"I've spent a big part of my life surrounded by vampires, I somehow developed a stupid idea that I was like them, that I wouldn't be able to bathe in the sun's rays in fear that I too would be burned, although it is very unlikely to happen to the same extent" Kyungsoo admitted, his eyes still closed head tilted towards the bright blue sky. 

"I was kept in darkness my entire life, one of the main points mind control made sure to drill into me. I wasn't allowed outside or at windows, I had to stay cooped up in the house and wallow in the same dusty and meat scented rooms. So when I was turned and got strong enough I ran away, I've loved the sunlight ever since" Baekhyun blushed turning to look back out at the landscape around him. 

Just below the balcony stretched lush green grass that was trimmed to the best of the school's ability. It ran for a couple miles until the thick tall trees of the forest sprouted from the ground instead, and just beyond them was the horizon, the bright teal sky that stretched so far beyond his line of sight with big bright white fluffy cotton candy clouds breaking that long stretch of blue. Baekhyun marvelled in the sight for a few minutes more before Kyungsoo pulled him back inside. 

"Our other roommate will be here shortly so let's get the tour over with before he comes back okay?" Kyungsoo smiled sliding the door back over and preparing the black out curtains to shield the sunlight from trickling through. 

Now that he was back inside Baekhyun almost tripped over a small coffee table that was resting infront of the couch, he managed to gather his stance before putting himself in an embarrassing situation. Kyungsoo told him to take a seat to which the elder complied allowing his legs to fold and his to hit the soft cushion. He noticed rather quickly that the large television set opposited him directly from the spot on the couch he had chosen. 

"Would you like something to eat?" Kyungsoo wondered. Baekhyun followed the voice to his right and saw the smaller busy himself around the small kitchen. Kyungsoo had one of the two big doors on the fridge opened, his fingers drumming a slight beat on the metal as he waited for Baekhyun's answer. 

"Ah do you have any pizza or maybe some chicken?" The sound of human food made his stomach gargle in desire, Baekhyun admitted to his body confusing him. When he is hungry for human food his stomach will made a weird noise similar to the way it did when he was human, yet when he is craving blood his stomach will do the same but a painful wave of hurt attacks his insides. It was strange but something he would learn to bare. 

"Ah no, but I could offer you some ramen or some soup" Kyungsoo grunted, his voice full of empathy and sorrow for not having prepared food for the new arrival. 

"Ramen sounds good too" Baekhyun grinned standing up, approaching his friend cautiously.

"So you can see that's the livingroom and this is the kitchen" Kyungsoo laughed pushing the top of the kettle back down in order to boil the water for himself and Baekhyun. 

Baekhyun looked down at the counter mesmerized by the black marble with white little stones dotted throughout it. He had never seen something so pretty in a kitchen before. "Could you get me the kimchi from the fridge please Baekhyun" Kyungsoo instructed, delicately pouring the cups to their brim with hot water. Baekhyun approached the metal box and noted an ice dispenser had been installed in the freezer part of the fridge. Opening the other side he quickly scanned the shelves before looping his fingers around the container of kimchi. "Thank you" 

Walking back into the supposed 'hallway' of the dorm which was just the open space between the kitchen and the livingroom, Baekhyun's eyes caught sight of a overhanging piece of the black and white marble counterpiece, with some stools set up behind it. Helping himself to a seat he watched curiously but quietly as Kyungsoo set up their meal. 

Settling the food down with it's side dishes, Kyungsoo took it upon himself to choose the seat next to his new roommate. He hit his shoulder off the vampire's playfully sending him a warm heart shaped smile before demanding that he eat as much as he could and enjoy the meal. 

They sat in comfortable silence after that, only the ever so soft slurping of noodles could be heard between them. Baekhyun really savored Kyungsoo's food, it being the only 'human' food he had in awhile. After having eaten well and drank some sweet lemon tea to wash everything down Baekhyun followed Kyungsoo on the remaining parts of the dorm tour. 

The warlock classed witch led Baekhyun down the corridor stopping at the first door present down the hallway "That's just one of the four bathrooms we have here, we don't usually use it, only if we have people over they usually favour it considering it's closer to the livingroom, Oh! There's also a washing machine and dryer in there for your laundry" Kyungsoo clarified knocking on the white door before beckoning the taller to follow him around the bend. 

Following the raven haired boy around the corner they came to a halt again. The door looked similar to the other, a white painted oak with a silver handle, but what made it different from the bathroom's one was a small whiteboard that hung on a hook that had been hammered into wood. A word Hannie written, in black marker surrounded by a border of small drawings of Hello Kitty and what Baekhyun guessed to be bubbletea. It was childish but thoughtful, something Baekhyun could see himself come to adore in time. 

"As you can probably guess that's Luhan's room" Kyungsoo sighed shaking his head at the terrible drawings of what was supposed to be a cat but turned out to look more like an elephant. "My room is right next door to his while yours is actually seperate from us, you have the spare room next to mine" Kyungsoo sidestepped and pointed to his own room before turning his back completely and showing Baekhyun the room in which he would be staying. 

The gap between the doorframes of Luhan and Kyungsoo's room was small yet the gap between his own and Kyungsoo's wasn't that surprising, they would still clash if they were to walk out of their rooms at the same time. Kyungsoo huffed sending daggers to the whiteboard that was on his door. "That bastard changed it again this morning, he really needs to stop calling me that name I'm not that bad!" 

Baekhyun raised a brow, gently placing his hand on Kyungsoo's shoulder he looked at the whiteboard and held back a laugh. "Satansoo, wow he really mustn't like you." Like Luhan's board there were small drawings and designs floating around the name. Images of owls and penguins, potions bottles and books everything that Kyungsoo stood for apparently.  

Wiping the name off with the tip of his finger Kyungsoo took a breath before pushing down the handle allowing the vampire into his room. Baekhyun allowed the witch in first considering he didn't want to seem rude to intrude onto his new friends bedroom when they only just met not even two hours ago. When Baekhyun did step inside however he smiled, the room itself was fairly moderate; study desk, bed, chair, bed side locker, computer, heater, plug sockets and a window. The only thing missing was his closet which really confused Baekhyun. 

"Um.. Kyungsoo, where's you're closet?" He questioned glancing at the said boy who had taken interest in some of the papers that were scattered across his table. 

Kyungsoo turned to him with a smile, pointing towards..another door. "It's in there, the bathcloset." 

"The what now?" Baekhyun shouted acting as if he was deaf again, wiggling his finger into his ear to get the wax out so he could hear the already true statement again. 

"The bathcloset" the witch laughed, taking steps towards the door and opening it. He disappeared into the darkness for a moment, Baekhyun staying in the brightly lit bedroom yet he did send the dark room a glance every now and again. Eventually the light was switched on and Baekhyun was alot less stressed of the dark. "This is my closet as well as my bathroom" 

Baekhyun looked around the spacious room in envy. Kyungsoo had been living such a good life while he had been spending the past couple days and nights curled up in a ball behind a dumpster, if only he had of heard about Millennium High sooner. He ran his hand over the closet, the cool metal greeting his fingertips. "This place really is amazing" he whispered unaware that he had let it slip through his lips. 

"It is" Kyungsoo agreed crossing his arms and looking up and around the room. "It took me awhile to get used to it but I'm grateful for it none the less" 

Baekhyun managed to hum in responce, his body slowly getting weaker as the days events began taking a toil on him. He had been up all night only getting a few hours of shut eye when he fainted, now it was morning and all Baekhyun wanted to do was climb into bed. Together he and Kyungsoo walked back out into his bedroom where Baekhyun's eye caught a glowing object on the latter's desk. "What is that Kyung?" He whispered edging closer to middle sized crystal that burned a deep yellow. 

"My tallisment" Kyungsoo smiled suddenly becoming excited at the chance of explaining the object. "Like I told you earlier it possesses magic that I can channel to make myself feel better or get more energy when I'm running low" The vampire nodded leaning forward to touch it but pulled his hand back before he could. 

"Why is it yellow?" 

"It reflects me, the crystal represents my body while the colour and smoke inside reflect my emotions" 

"So it's like a mood ring? It can tell me if you're feeling happy or sad right?" 

"Yeah I guess that's one way of thinking about it" Kyungsoo chuckled placing his hand on Baekhyun's shoulder for balance, the slight touch made the vampire smile, they were starting to get along and Baekhyun didn't feel scared being with him or Suho, he guessed Millennium High really was what he needed after all. 

"Oh hello! You must be our new vampire roomie, it's nice to officially meet you I'm the other vampire in this dorm, I'm Luhan by the way" A cheerful bubblegum haired boy entered Kyungsoo's room his arm outstretched expecting a handshake but giving a hug instead. "It's great having another vampire under this roof" 

"Am I not enough for you Luhan?!" Kyungsoo wondered his brow raised, arms crossed and his Satansoo mode on full blast. Baekhyun felt like an inch tall under the death glare the owl eyed boy could pull off. Now that he thought of it an owl would be the best way to describe the latter, big eyes, quiet but wise and loud when needed. 

"Oh come on Kyung you know I love you, but I need to share my love otherwise where is the point in having a new roomie, and look at him" Baekhyun's cheeks were pulled and poked by the elder's long and thin fingers "he looks like a baby puppy and what type of person am I to ignore a puppy" 

"Frankly you can't ignore anything with a so back off, Baekhyun isn't an option of for you Lu got it?" 

"Ew no!" Luhan gasped jumping away and rubbing his fingers under the hot water at Kyungsoo's 'bathcloset' sink. "He looks like a child how do you even- you know what I don't even want to continue this conversation with you or right now" 

Baekhyun stood there frozen like a statue having absoultely no idea where to go or where to hide considering he hadn't checked the place out for a hidden place yet. "Well it was nice to meet you all and thank you for showing me around the dorm Kyungsoo, but I'm really tired so I'll think I'm just going to go to bed" 

"Oh yeah of course" Kyungsoo nodded with a smile already pushing the taller out of his room and towards his own. "We can help you unpack tomorrow if you'd like, I'll sent Luhan in to wake you up for breakfast in the morning so don't worry about that okay?" 

Baekhyun smiled rubbing his eyes trying to hold back yawning in his roommate's face. "Thank you Kyungsoo, for everything today" 

"Its not a problem Baek, I'm always here for you I'll be your best friend if you'd like" Baekhyun couldn't contain the smile on his face, even going as far as to steal a small but quick hug from the latter who laughed in reply. "Have a good sleep okay?" 

"I will, I'll see you when you come to wake me!" Baekhyun aimed the first part of his statement to Kyungsoo before turning to see Luhan still hidden in the cove in Kyungsoo's room. 

The two students wished their roommate sweet dreams and as soon as his head hit the pillow, his body hidden under the warm thick blanket Baekhyun fell into the best dreamless sleep he has had in along time.