Facing Reality

Destined

Their blissful night was over quicker than either of them were willing to realise, with the arrival of the sunshine glistening through Chanyeol's dormitory window the couple were forced to press pause on their endeavours.

Baekhyun hummed in content into the kiss, his cheeks heated by Chanyeol's delicate touch. A thumb gently swiped against the clear skin, prolonging the action for at least another second.

"We better head down for breakfast," the Alpha sighed, leaning his forehead against his mate. "By now someone would have realised that our bodies are no longer in the infirmary."

"In order to prevent chaos I suppose going to breakfast right now would be the best option." Baekhyun hummed his agreement, sneaking another kiss from his mate.

"I think we will be creating chaos once everyone sees us." Chanyeol admitted with a huff, discarding the blanket.

Baekhyun's lower lip slid back beneath his teeth, his hungry gaze watching as his mate pushed himself up from the bed. The muscles in Chanyeol's lower back tensed as the giant stretched his arms out, the flexing motion almost giving Baekhyun whiplash. His mate had too many attractive qualities, if he didn't look away now Baekhyun was certain that he would pull the taller right back down and they would go at it until the following morning.

That wasn't very royalty-like, regardless of how much both of them desired it they had a duty to fulfil.

So keeping that in mind Baekhyun pushed himself out from beneath the covers, his skin prickling in goosebumps as the cool October air greeted him. He shivered, fingers pressing into his skin to try to conserve some heat.

Large hands slid themselves around his waist, pulling him backwards against a broad warm chest. Baekhyun's eyes immediately closed, humming in content when the heat from his mate gradually made its way into him.

As if teasing him, Chanyeol's left arm fell from his waist. The young vampire watched as the Alpha's hand stretched out just before him, palm creased with his fingers extended upwards. A small ball of fire rested in the air above it, the dancing flames pulling a grin onto the boy's lips. With delicate fingers, Baekhyun traced the tips of the flames, the heat warming him up just right.

"I just want to stay in bed with you," he whispered, afraid of disturbing the peaceful silence that currently surrounded them. He could feel Chanyeol's breath hitching in his ear, a soft but quiet moment of vulnerability. "or even better I want us to get comfortable with our powers again. You're showing them off so easily, I can barely recall how to create my own light."

"Well if I can recall the story correctly, wasn't it my love for you that birthed my first flame?" Chanyeol wondered, his lips pulling into a wide smirk. Baekhyun allowed himself to turn around, eyes instantly locking with his mate's.

"And from that spark of flame you created such a beautiful ball of flame."

"Or a giant ball of gas-"

A slap made the poor Alpha groan in hurt.

"Stop destroying our romance, dickhead." he teased, pulling himself out of the Alpha's grip. Chanyeol let him go, no further words escaping his lips.

Eventually the silence got too loud for Baekhyun to completely ignore it, it was like a constant finger was ing itself into his side. When he turned himself around to where he had last seen his mate, Chanyeol had sat himself back down on the bed. His head was hanging between his shoulders, fingers dug deep into the shadows of his hair.

"Hey..." the vampire whispered, slowly approaching his mate with a small smile on his face. "we talked about this, right? We agreed that you would talk about it and we could try and sort something out-"

"It's not that." Chanyeol admitted with a huff of a breath, Baekhyun gave him a look. "Okay maybe it's a little bit about that... come here."

With his arms spread wide Baekhyun happily allowed himself to sit down on his mate's lap, the secure feeling he received naturally pulled a smile on his lips.

"You said that you wanted me to tell you everything right?" Baekhyun nodded. "Okay, well in that case. I'm afraid that once we get back to EXO Planet you'll realise that you're not ready to deal with the amount of trouble I will cause you, my powers now are barely the tip of the iceberg Baek. I've suffered with voices in my head for years but I know that once I go home they will come again with such force, almost like it was a punishment for keeping them at bay for so long."

"So what you're saying is, that right now you feel as if you're a boiling kettle and once you get to EXO planet you're going to explode?"

Chanyeol nodded his head, the action tickling Baekhyun's neck. "And the last person I want staying by my side when I explode is you baby."

Baekhyun could feel the tears threatening to fall from his eyes long before he felt the ache in his throat, words failed him. This was Chanyeol's darkest fear and it had been there long before the two of them had met in their renewed lifetimes. The amount of love his mate carried for him proved to Baekhyun that no matter the words that spewed from his mouth in an attempt to rid his love of his demons, Chanyeol would rather love him and let him go then defy him and let him stay.

They held each other a little tighter after that. Baekhyun finally came face to face with reality. Chanyeol would travel back with them to EXO Planet and would stay with them for some time while they settled back in, however, once the time came he would leave them in search of his sanctuary.

~*~


"Where the hell are they?" Sehun huffed, arms crossed against his chest as he glared at the cafeteria doors. He had been watching it for the past three hours and there was still no sign of his adoptive parents.

Skylar who was sitting beside him merely hummed her response, working to chew the food she had been depriving her body of throughout the tortuous hours Baekhyun and Chanyeol had been comatosed. Now that the universe would finally be back in balance, she could rest and treat herself to a lavish breakfast, lunch and dinner.

"Leave them alone, they're probably resting because of all the memories that resurfaced." Kyungsoo snapped, slapping the palm of his hand against the blonde Alpha's head. The warlock's lips were styled in a devilish grin as he sat himself down next to his mate after having returned from the food counter.

"If you really cared so much about them, why don't you go up to the dormitory and find out how they are yourself?" Jongin wondered, completely oblivious to his own words.

Jongdae and Yixing both wheezed at the look of horror appearing on Sehun's face, the blonde's face paled in colour getting colder and colder until he looked like a hospital patient. Suho, the ever doting one reached across the table in worry, brows furrowed as he gently rubbed the youngest's cheek hoping for it to regain some colour.

"Are you crazy?" Sehun shrieked, hollow eyes blinking across the table at his friend. "Have you not learned from the countless letters I wrote you about walking into their bedroom, that I can't do that anymore for the sake of both my sanity and my eye-sight."

"I recalled you mentioning them having once-"

"Once is enough!" Sehun yelled, his body shaking with the horrid memory. "As their friend and adopted child I have seen way too much for both of my titles!"

"Children see their parents having quite often, but the parents are quite quick to deny it or simply ignore it." Kyungsoo explained, shrugging his shoulders as he did. "It's honestly not that big of a deal, as long as they don't do it right in front of me it's fine."

"Yes but they did it in front of me!" Sehun deadpanned.

"You walked into their room without knocking, there is a difference and just for the record I would say that you even deserved it for your own carelessness!" Luhan scolded his mate who merely stuck his tongue out in a childish protest.

"Well speak of the happy couple.." Tao giggled, eyes locked on the two figures entering the room.

The entire room instantly fell silent as was the case whenever the couple arrived, although this time it was to be expected since not many knew they had woken. No-one said anything as Chanyeol tightened his grip on his mate's waist and pulled him even closer, their eyes locked on each other with small smiles adoring their lips. They looked content and well rested, despite the golden glow surrounding them.

"Ew you two are barely awake a day and you already shagg-" Skylar grunted but was unable to finish as Colin clamped his hand over .

"Did the devil's tango!" Yixing supplied for her, cautiously looking around the cafeteria for any youthful ears. Those too young to know what he was talking about, looked back at him with confusion riddled into their faces while those old enough to know either grimaced or laughed.

"Yeah sure hyung why not air out all of our laundry hmm?" Chanyeol sighed, shaking his head but the smile on his lips was deceiving.

"In my defense I was stopping people from hearing Skylar's monstrosity of an explanation!"

"I'm surprised you even knew the slang word I was using.." Skylar admitted, lips curled downward as she nodded her head. "I'm impressed by the old one."

"I'm not that old!" Lay tried to defend himself, his gaze falling on his friends for back-up.

"Technically we're older than the universe itself-" Baekhyun laughed, the words disappearing from his mouth with Yixing's defeated huff.

"Baekhyun, Chanyeol-hyung!" A familiar voice called, the couple turning on their heels to watch as Mark rushed towards them with a bright smile on his lips. The couple chuckled quietly to themselves as they bent down and hugged the young werewolf. "You guys came back!"

"We did!" Baekhyun giggled with him, holding the boy close by his shoulders. "All thanks to you!"

"Me?" The boy wondered, head tilting to the side like a puppy. "What did I do?"

"You delivered my message," Chanyeol explained, winking at the boy who giggled in response. "You did exactly what I needed you to do Mark and because you managed to do that I was able to find him."

"You waited for him?"

"I did, but I don't think I would have been able to if you didn't tell me what you did. I really appreciate what you did kiddo." Baekhyun smiled, running his fingers through the boy's hair.

"So... " the boy wondered, drawing out the 'o' sound. The couple remained quiet, patiently waiting for the young wolf to continue. "would that make me a hero? Like Spiderman!?"

Chanyeol let out a confused sound, his brow raising in confusion as he turned to Baekhyun whose eyes remained focused on the young boy before them. "Our friendly neighbourhood Spidey-Mark!" Baekhyun declared, with a proud smile on his face.

Mark's body trembled in glee, his entire frame bouncing up and down as he balanced his weight on both of his tiptoes. His entire face grew red as he accepted the new title Baekhyun had unknowingly granted him with a proud dip of his head, with a small salute he waved the couple goodbye and rushed back to his friend Derek who looked just as shocked as the red-eared Mark.

"Who the hell is Spiderman?" Chanyeol whispered as they turned back to their friends. The chatter in the room once again picked up as everyone had accepted the return of the two royals.

"Peter Parker?"

"Oh so he's a Park?"

Baekhyun blinked at his mate in confusion, he didn't understand what was going on in that Alpha's head but he still found his question endearing. So much so that he awarded Chanyeol with a quick peck of his lips. When the giant tried to ask again, Baekhyun merely waved him off and promised to explain it in detail another day, but for now they needed to hold a stable conversation with their friends now that their memories had returned. 

 

 

I know I'm late, but happy holidays!