King & Queen

Destined

It had been a number of weeks since the attack on the castle and the death of the king and Baekhyun's father, almost instantly renovations on the castle begun repairing everything that been destroyed after the attack. Many people expected the royal family to step forward and address them but they understood when no-one did, they were mourning with them and deserved some time alone. Some people spread around the rumour that the crowned prince wasn't going to be able to handle the pressure of ruling the planet and many people speculated that it would be Daehyun rising to the throne, however the Queen was quite quick to shut those rumours down. 

Just as everyone in the kingdom was beginning to get worried over the princes, Chanyeol and Baekhyun finally appeared in public outside the castle walls. They had arrived at a children's orphanage and had donated a generous amount to the children and their caretakers, the media blew up as more photos of the prince and his mate hit the newspapers. The entire planet went into uproar wondering why they had come out of the castle when such a large threat had been made on their lives there, it wasn't until Prince Chanyeol stood up in front of the court with his mate by his side smiling happily that they had gotten their answer. 

"A couple months ago I lost my father, the king and my beloved mate lost the last remaining blood related family member to him. During our time away from the public we have had the opportunity to grow and develop on ourselves, come up with new ideas for our kingdom and of course mourn the loss of our dead family members. Baekhyun and I would like to take a moment to apologise for our disappearance when our kingdom reached out to mourn with us, my mate has suffered quite a lot of heartbreak in his life and this in turn was my first loss. We thought it best to avoid the spotlight during this time which in turn has allowed us to become stronger and more capable of standing before you all today and announcing that my coronation will be held at the end of the week." 

Those were the words spoken by the Alpha as he turned and looked into the crowd of reporters and cameras, whispers took to the air and the following day the entire planet had heard the news. People praised their future king and his mate for being so strong and continuing to remain by their side even if they had stepped out of the spotlight for a couple months, congratulations for the princes coronation were sent into the castle and Chanyeol and Baekhyun made an effort to read every single letter. 

That is how they had gotten to where they were right now, inside the church walls with important families seated in the pews. Chanyeol's mother stood right next to the priest, having been the sole royal monarch left she would have to be the one to bare them their markings. Baekhyun found himself trembling even more than on his wedding day, except today Chanyeol would be leading him down the aisle to their future. 

If you would have asked Baekhyun years ago, what he thought of the selection he would have shrugged his shoulders and told you that it was something that his father had asked him to be apart of. Joonwoo had half-expected his son to turn down the offer but at the very least Baekhyun figured that he may as well make some friends out of the other participates, if you would have told him that years later we would be mated to the planet's king he would have laughed hard into your face. 

And yet, all of that was different now. 

He sent Chanyeol a loving gaze as the Alpha gently looped Baekhyun's hand through his, they offered each other a small nod of confidence before gesturing to the servants to open the doors. Instantly everyone's eyes had fallen onto them, the omega let out a low gasp as he stared at the beautifully decorated church. White lilies were draped all around the room signalling the presence of their fallen family members, Baekhyun had more loved ones in the grave then Chanyeol but being together during that time made things a lot easier for them. The white lily was actually the flower his mother loved and Baekhyun almost cried when he turned to look at the Queen who was already giving him a knowing grin. 

"It's really beautiful." Baekhyun whispered, tilting his head ever so gently in Chanyeol's direction so the Alpha would pick up on it. The omega's heart thundered in his chest when the hand holding his own tightened, he watched through his crinkled eyes as Chanyeol pulled it up to his lips and pressed a pretty kiss against the back of his palm. 

"I love you," Chanyeol admitted, looking his mate deep in the eye as he continued to lead them up the aisle. "we made a promise on the meteor shower that we would always and forever be together. This moment right now will be the start of our journey into eternity, will you join me?" 

"I will follow you until the world ends, that's my promise." Baekhyun smiled, squeezing the latter's fingers when Chanyeol allowed their arms to rest between them again. The crowd cooed after having witnessed the act of affection from the prince to his mate and even though they hadn't heard the words in which they spoke everyone knew that they were ones filled with love. 

"Park Chanyeol are you aware of the fact that your father the honourable Park Sejoon -our leader, our king- has intrusted you above everyone else to be the next ruler of his kingdom?" The priest questioned, loud and clear to the entire room once the prince and his mate had made it up to the altar. 

"I am." Chanyeol stated, his voice strong and confident. Baekhyun squeezed his hand to remind his mate of his presence, the Alpha's shoulders relaxing as the priest then set his eyes on his omega. 

"Byun Baekhyun are you aware of the fact that by marrying the Prince you are automatically considered for the role to become his Queen and will rule for a long time by his side until like stated in your marriage vows- death do you part?" 

"I am" Baekhyun nodded his head, following his mate's example. He pushed his shoulders back and stood tall, Mrs Park sending him a small smile from the corner of his eye. "and I will continue to do so long as he continues to allow me to be by his side." 

The practised words fell out past Baekhyun's lips so naturally that everyone in the room had guessed that he had meant it. It was custom that the future king was allowed to choose their own queen regardless of relationships or marriages that had already been set in place, it was up to Chanyeol if he wanted Baekhyun to remain by his side as Queen or if he wanted to set his eyes on another. 

Everyone in the room held their breath as the priest turned to look at Chanyeol, continuing on with the coronation. "Byun Baekhyun has identified himself as your mate, you have both been married but none of that matters if you wish to make someone else your Queen. Baekhyun will have to remain by your side but he will have no powers over the claim to the throne and any child born from him won't be given rights to that claim either, have you finalised your decision your majesty?" Chanyeol nodded. "Then please address your court of the outcome you have given." 

Baekhyun found himself momentarily freaking out about Chanyeol's answer, he knew that his father had chosen to stay with Haeun since they were mates but there had been kings who had dropped that pressure on another unexpected omega regardless f the fact that they already had a mate. Baekhyun could feel his throat dry up in anxiety and no one could really blame him since everyone else in the room was scared of the Alpha's decision, he was known for his good looks and constant admirers and many people in his father's council had expected him to turn out like Daehyun. 

The omega was pulled out of his thoughts when Chanyeol's hands had grabbed onto his own, the Alpha pressed them against his chest and stared at his mate with a coy smirk on the corner of his lips. Baekhyun heart his heart thunder in his chest, he could see the love Chanyeol had for him swimming in his eyes. He could feet the slight tremble of his mate's hands as they gripped onto his own tighter, begging him to listen to the rhythm of his heartbeat through his chest. 

"Byun Baekhyun, my mate, my love, my entire world I told you when I started courting you that I would never force you into anything that you weren't comfortable with..." Chanyeol's fingers tightened against his own. "We were both as equally surprised when we found out that I was going to be the future king and yet you decided that you would stay by my side the entire time. I want to stand by my earlier decision when I claimed that I wouldn't force you into anything, but I also want to be selfish and bring you with me on my reign. Will you stay by my side as Queen of EXO Planet?" 

Baekhyun's waterlogged eyes widened as Chanyeol brought the question back to him, he had never expected the prince to ask him if he was sure. Instead he figured Chanyeol would just claim to the entire court that Baekhyun didn't have a choice and would have to stay by his side regardless of his inner thoughts, but his mate was still giving him a chance to be heard and finalise his own decisions. Baekhyun felt his heartrate speed up as he nodded his head, too scared that his words would be spoken through cracking vocal chords, however the priest quietly whispered that he needed to speak up if everyone in the room was to witness it. 

"Of course I'll stay by your side and rule alongside you as the Queen of EXO Planet." 

Loud clapping took up the room, forcing Baekhyun to sneakily turn his head to view his friends who all took up the first row of seats in the pew. They were all cheering loudly and waving their hands in the air, happy that their best friends were going to remain together after all the stress they had when getting together. 

"Then it's settled!" The prince exclaimed into the audience, his hands stretched out to cover the area Chanyeol and Baekhyun were standing in. "Baekhyun will become the planet's queen once this ceremony is underway, have either of you discussed who would lie to go first?" 

"In tradition the king goes first!" Baekhyun smiled, placing his hands down on his mate's waistt, gently pushing the love of his life towards his mother who was getting herself ready. 

"Your majesty if you would just get on your knees it will be easier to bestow to you your kingly mark." the priest announced to Chanyeol, the Alpha following his close instructions Baekhyun watching him intently. "As the only remaining original royal bloodline Queen Haeun will have to bite both her son and his mate, if the king had still been alive he would have blessed his son with the mark himself." 

Baekhyun nodded his head in understanding, his gaze still fixated on his mate who was whispering words to his mother. The queen smiled before releasing her fangs and plunging them into Chanyeol's neck, this marking wouldn't be as prominent as Baekhyun's claim on his collarbone was but it was an essential thing for the king and his mate to have. Baekhyun could feel his heart clench as the sight of his mate receiving the mark, his hands were clenched into fists and he was biting his lower lip to prevent himself from screaming. He sort of wished that he had gone first. 

"Baekhyun!" Haeun grinned, after having pulled away from her son's neck. Chanyeol took a moment to stand his fingers gently pressing against his new mark while he turned to look his mate in the eye, a small smile forced on the corner of his lips and Baekhyun knew that despite the pain the outcome would be worth it. Chanyeol cleared the way for his mate and was brought over to his throne where a couple butlers were waiting with his crown. "Are you ready my darling?" 

"I can do this!" Baekhyun stated in the most confident way he could, given the fact that he was still utterly terrified. Haeun sent him an apologetic grin as he clambered onto his knees (in a very unroyal way) and gently rested her hands down on his shoulders. 

"It will hurt but only for a moment, I promise." she whispered, she didn't even allow the omega to react or realise what she was doing. Her fangs pierced into his skin and Baekhyun could feel his body go numb from the pain, if it hadn't been for his mother-in-law's hands on his shoulders keeping him in place he was a hundred present sure that he would have fallen backwards. 

But staying true to her word Haeun pulled away after a moment and the pain quickly subsided, she offered her hand to Baekhyun and he smiled gratefully while taking it, he stood back up onto his legs and allowed his eyes to fall on Chanyeol who was smirking back at him with a crown his head. 

"You do look quite ridiculous in that thing." he mumbled when the Alpha had pulled him against his chest, his actions scoring a pleasant cheer from the crowd. Baekhyun sneakily captured his lips before turning his attention to the maids who were holding onto his crown, he had practised walking with a book on his head as a joke with his mother-in-law but at least he figured he would have some practise. 

When the crown was placed onto his head and the maids quickly fixed his pretty clothing Baekhyun took his spot next to his boyfriend who hadn't yet sat down on his throne, waiting patiently for his mate to be done so they could sit down together. The moment Baekhyun's hit the velvet cushion of the throne his eyes widened watching as everyone in the church pews dipped their head in respect, they weren't just Park Chanyeol one of the princes and Byun Baekhyun his husband and mate. They were now the king and queen of EXO Planet. 

"No pressure..." Chanyeol sighed, locking his gaze with his mate whose fingers had tangled with his between their thrones. 

"We can do it!" he smiled a small grin, his eyes fell on the fingers locking with his own and suddenly felt himself tension-free. He never expected it but here on the throne was where they both belonged. 

~*~

It was the first time in a long while that Baekhyun was actually able to wake up without upanting or screaming or crying, instead he was greeted with the pleasant face of Park Chanyeol whose eyes were still closed he obviously hadn't awoken from their shared dream just yet. But Baekhyun didn't mind, he actually found it quite amusing and entertaining to see the Big Bad Wolf of Millennium High look so peaceful when asleep. 

"You liking what you're seeing?" his voice was a hell of a lot deeper than anything Baekhyun was ever heard before, the poor vampire almost choking on his spit from the surprise. He could feel Chanyeol's arm that hadn't moved from his wrist since it was put there last night tighten, forcing him closer to the barely awake wolf. 

"I'll admit I could definitely start getting used to this" Baekhyun admitted, nuzzling his way under Chanyeol's jawline and straight into his neck where he pressed a single kiss before exhaling out a breath of content. The Alpha simply hummed in response, too exhausted to continue their conversation so instead he just pulled Baekhyun's thigh over his leg and snuggled back into the pillows. "I'm just surprised that no-one commented on it when you said I would be staying over last night." 

"As long as they don't hear anything Jongin and Sehun are usually fine with it." Chanyeol explained through his deep voice, not realising the words he spoke. Baekhyun froze against his mate's skin when he realised that before he had come to Millennium High Chanyeol was considered an on-and-off again player who had the occasional fling, the vampire felt horrible since he hadn't been able to register that information before. He knew that he shouldn't get jealous over it since him and Daehyun had done things too, but it was hard to stop feeling something after you finally put a name to the emotion twisting your gut. 

"Right.." Baekhyun sighed sliding himself out of Chanyeol's grip, he pushed himself up onto his legs and then jumped down onto the floor. The Alpha let out a groan of protest but the vampire was already on his way to the bathroom, it was styled like his own bedroom so Baekhyun figured that there were towels already prepared in one of the drawers. He had just wished that he had brought extra clothes. 

"Baek-" Chanyeol tried to apologise or at least attempt to but the vampire shut the door in his face, he hated himself for feeling like this when he knew that the Alpha could be just as hurt by him and Daehyun as he was with the countless flings Chanyeol had. 

The vampire hadn't locked the door so Chanyeol still found himself bursting in regardless of the fact that Baekhyun needed privacy in order to shower, the Alpha watching him closely as he the water. What he hadn't expected was Baekhyun to start pulling off the pj's he had wore when he arrived on Chanyeol's doorstep a couple hours ago, the wolf watched while his lip as Baekhyun's pale skin shone in the fluorescent white light of the bathroom. He couldn't help but shut his eyes when the latter pulled down his trousers, slipping out of the legs before jumping behind the curtain the only thing Chanyeol was able to see when he looked was a pile of clothes and a shadow. 

Selfish was the word that the dream version of Chanyeol had said when he was asking dream Baekhyun to join him during his reign on EXO Planet. 

Selfish was the word he was going to use for this situation. 

Chanyeol pulled off his pants and discarded them in a pile next to Baekhyun's, they had already showered together before only this time things were different. Stepping into the shower Chanyeol was met with Baekhyun's , his hair was dripping wet from the spray of the water. The Alpha couldn't stop himself as his eyes naturally followed the trail of one of the water droplets, watching it travel down the valley of Baekhyun's spine before curving at the top of his -cheeks and sliding down the right one. Chanyeol physically gulped, willing himself to stay calm in this situation since he didn't need Baekhyun's annoyance to grow into frustration. 

"Baekhyun," he called out, allowing himself to take a couple more steps forward until his body was merely an inch away from the vampire. Baekhyun's shoulder's tensed at the feeling of the giant's breath against them, his chest heaved as he tried to hold back his sobs and keep himself facing forward too embarrassed to look behind. "tell me what's wrong." 

"You already know the answer to that" Baekhyun huffed, his head dipping between his shoulders. Chanyeol watched the water spray onto the lush brown locks of his mate, trickling like a river through the strands and falling to join the rest on the ground. "I don't understand why it's effecting me so much, it was your own life why should I care so much?" 

"You already know the answer to that" Chanyeol chose to use the latter's words against him, a small smile developing at the corner of his lip as he stepped forward one last time. He could feel Baekhyun's heart racing through his back, the rate going so fast that Chanyeol physically froze after thinking that it would explode. "we've realised that we both have feelings of hate towards each other and it hurts us to think that despite the fact that we were destined to be together forever we still found ourselves with people we thought we loved." 

"How can you be so calm about this?" Baekhyun voice finally cracked, Chanyeol was sure that there was tears streaming down his face but it was hard to tell with the water and the latter's back continuing to face him. "How can you be so calm knowing that I thought I loved your brother?" 

"I can handle it because you're not with him right now" Chanyeol whispered into the vampire's ear, his hands finding their home on Baekhyun's waist. Almost instantly the boy's head lifted and a quiet sigh fell past his lips, Chanyeol continued. "he's not the one with his arms around you right now. He's not the one pressing kisses against your neck right now," he paused to follow through with his words, pressing loving kisses onto the vampire's neck. His grip on Baekhyun's waist tightened when he could feel the vampire tilt his head to the side to give him better access. "He can't give you the blood that you so desperately crave." A harder kiss. "He can't make see how beautiful you look every moment of every day anymore." Baekhyun grapsed his hands and turned his body to face him, Chanyeol offering him a sad smile as he mumbled the last part. "He can't feel this way about you like I do." 

Baekhyun rose onto his tiptoes confident that Chanyeol wouldn't allow hm to slip by the grip he had on his hips, their noses brushed together for a moment before the vampire pressed their lips together. He let out a hum of content, his arms dangling around Chanyeol's shoulders as their tongues fought for dominance in their mouths. 

Baekhyun never thought that anyone would make him feel this good, he had read in storybooks about how kissing someone you love undeniably was meant to be the most treasured feeling a person could experinece. And by God was it. 

Chanyeol crouched low, his warm arms sliding down until Baekhyun's cheeks were squeezed and pulled. The vampire let out a surprised gasp before a chuckle eventually broke them away from each other, Chanyeol watched him with a small on his face before lifting him off the ground and gently pressed him around the tiled wall. The cool tile caused a shiver to expand down Baekhyun's spine, his vibrations rubbing against the Alpha who pressed kitten like to the boy's neck in apology. 

"I know that you've had flings before-" Baekhyun huffed out, his chest heaving to catch a breath of air since Chanyeol's lips were doing wonders all over his torso. "and I know that I can't compete with them but umph!" 

Chanyeol's lips shut the vampire up, their gaze fixated on each other as their lips locked. The Alpha pulled away for air content to see his mate scramble to catch his breath, leaving him utterly defenceless for the words he was about to say. 

"You don't even compare to them," Chanyeol spoke, lifting his arm up and brushing Baekhyun's bangs away from his eyes. "I didn't believe in soulmates for awhile and since I was a different Alpha I never thought that I would meet them. The flings I had meant nothing to me, just a way of getting rid of my teenage hormones like any other guy. I was stupid and I thought that I was incapable of loving anyone, that being said that was until I stumbled upon one particular vampire who wasn't like the rest of them. He wasn't scared of me or my bite, he didn't care that he may be putting his life in jeopardy by willingly agreeing to it. He stood up to me when everyone else just tried to impress me, he spoke out for the people I hurt and I will forever be greatful for him. I love him with my whole heart and I hope that he never lets my past interfere with our future because I plan on spending a really long time with him." 

Baekhyun's eyes were bloodshot, the only indication telling the Alpha that he was crying. Chanyeol released a coo and gently placed him back onto the floor of the shower, his broad palms pressing themselves against his cheeks forcing the vampire to remain loking at him. Baekhyun appreciated the words of reassurance from the latter and even found himself laughing once he realised that Chanyeol hadn't addressed him in his speech instead choosing to act like he was talking about someone else so that he was able to express the four letter word they were forbidden to say. Park Chanyeol and his loop-holes. 

"I think that the words you have just said is more than enough reason for him to love you back." Baekhyun declared, a bright white smile playing on his lips as his fingers gently trailed over the latter's shoulders and rested on his chest. 

"Please never question the amount of hate I have for you Baekhyun," Chanyeol begged, going back to using their code-word. "I know that I have to showcase it more so that you don't have to feel the way you do. But at least promise me that if you ever feel like this again you'll tell me things, communication is key in a relationship." 

"A relationship?" Baekhyun blinked up at his mate with wide teasing eyes, he gently pressed the palm of his hands deeper into Chanyeol's chest forcing the Alpha to take a momentary step back. "I don't remember ever agreeing to being in a relationship with you." 

"So declaring your hate for me, kissing me, sleeping beside me for the past two nights, holding hands with me and now showering with me can't be counted as a relationship?" Chanyeol rose his teasing brow, Baekhyun's cheeks flaring at the sight of it. 

"We never made it official, it all you said is true than I guess that I'm also in a relationship with Kyungsoo and Luhan because they've slept in my bed too!" A little white lie never hurt anyone! Technically speaking he, Luhan and Kyungsoo had in fact fallen asleep together it just wasn't exactly on a bed. They had all knocked out on the sofa after watching a re-run of Sherlock Holmes, but Chanyeol didn't need to know the details. 

Baekhyun was glad to feel a hand grab at his wrist when he was on his way out of the shower, what he didn't expect was the school's Big Bad Wolf pinning him back against the wall and and biting at his skin like his life depended on it. 

Keep in mind they were both extremely right now and the attention Chanyeol was giving to one of Baekhyun's sweet spots was not what they needed right now, however Chanyeol seemed to be quite satisfied with himself the moment he stood back to admire his work. The vampire didn't even have the heart to storm out of the shower, at least not while his mate's lips were so puffy and inviting looking.