A cry for help

Destined

Baekhyun found himself awakening with a jolt, his hands reaching out to the side of his bed for something to hold him, something to ground him on his way out of the dreams. His eyes widened as he took in the room, his bedsheets were tossed off his body and he was sweating which wasn't like the other times he had 'woke' out of these dreams. 

"Hey, hey relax" Chanyeol's deep voice had Baekhyun's head snapping back in his direction, the boy was down on his knees right next to his bed. His hair was all over the place and his fingers were reaching out to touch his white knuckles, Baekhyun's gaze instantly shifted to the boy's lips. The muscles looking exactly like they did in his dreams, the sight of them had Baekhyun's cheeks heating up as his mind replayed the kissing scene all over again. "Baekhyun, are you okay?" 

"Just another continuous dream from the last one, but don't worry nothing important happened." The vampire explained with a small smile, he turned his gaze onto his fingers watching as Chanyeol practically peeled the boy's digits from the bedside. "Nothing scary this time trust me, things just took a strange turn is all-" 

"Then I guess I won't allow you to dwell on the subject any longer let's get back to figuring out the things we were to discuss once you awoke, that is if you feel up to it because I completely understand if you're not.. it's a lot to take in." 

"What time is it?" Baekhyun wondered, rising his hand to his temple and pressing against it lightly in hopes of relieving the pressure on it. "How long have I been asleep?" 

"Four hours" Chanyeol admitted with a nod of his head. "I've been awake two of them but I only got up to go to the toilet and to cook you food." 

"You cooked me food?" Baekhyun chuckled, his eyebrows rising in surprise. The wolf's gaze fell on the bedcovers his cheeks painting over in a faint pink blush, he stood up keeping his head down which made Baekhyun want to take back his words immediately. "Sorry, I didn't mean it like that I was just- sorry." 

"Don't be, we hardly know anything useful about each other anyway." The wolf  shrugged his shoulders, stretching out his hand as an offering towards the shorter. Baekhyun allowed himself to be pulled from the clutches of his warm bedcovers, he stumbled onto the floor, his head falling into Chanyeol's chest as the werewolf prevented him from falling completely. "I'll let you shower since you're sweating, I'll be outside if you need me." 

"Chanyeol wait," Baekhyun whispered, gripping the Alpha's wrist. He tightened his hold lifting his gaze up so that they looked each other in the eye. "in my dream nothing scary happened but I don't really want to be alone right now. So I was sort of hoping that you would, maybe-" 

"Do you really think that's the best thing to do right now?" Chanyeol scoffed, looking at Baekhyun like the boy had sprouted three different heads. "The last time we got into the shower we ended up kissing that night which led us to this whole thing right now." 

"I never said that I regretted what happened Chanyeol!" Baekhyun snapped, shoving the Alpha backwards until his back hit the bathroom door. The vampire's eyes flashed that beautiful silver, the colour of liquid mercury. "I never said that I regretted kissing you, I just thought that I was doing the right thing by giving us both time to understand our pasts!" 

"I don't have a past to understand!" Chanyeol shouted, their anger and frustration bubbling off their bodies and feeding into each other. "The only thing you're considered with is if I blame myself for Jessica's death and yeah I did, but guess what Baekhyun you might not be able to handle this but I got over it! Everyone in that hallway told me that it wasn't my fault, they told me that it wasn't my fault that it happened and guess what Baekhyun I believed them!" 

"So you're telling me that I should have done the same with Daehyun?" 

"I never said that," Chanyeol sighed, throwing his head back and allowing it to rest against the wall. "I just think that maybe you need to tell someone everything. So that you can let go of the past and thus let him go too, you deserve happiness smurfie don't let him take that away from you." 

"S-smurfie?" 

"Oh right," Chanyeol chuckled nervously, his hand meeting with his neck showcasing his discomfort. "sorry I just remember calling you it once and it sort of just fell past my lips without realising." 

"You call me that in my dreams," The vampire whispered, staring up at the Alpha whose brow raised with interest. "just there you called me smurfie after you pulled me out of the water. You said that I would get blue and become a Smurf, hence Smurfie."

"Baekhyun, you know that you can trust me right?" Chanyeol begged, gently taking the boy's chin and guiding it upwards so that their gazes met. "You can tell me anything, let me know who you are Byun Baekhyun. Let's completely break down our walls just for each other alright even if it's just for an hour or two." 

"An hour or two huh?" The boy wondered, his lower lip as he thought deeply on the matter. "So you expect us to tell each other our life stories within an hour or two?" 

"I think we will definitely be able to get some sort of information passed within that time limit, we can go on however long we want it was just a simple suggestion. Your story is going to be long and it's going to be exhausting so I want nothing more than for you to be comfortable." 

"Well I did say that I wanted to stop running away from it, from you" their bodies grew closer as Chanyeol's arms fell onto the vampire's waist, holding him close, keeping him grounded. "and I want to get better. I don't want to life my immortal life with regret or constantly having to look over my shoulder for a guy who controlled my life for so long." 

"Then let me help you," Chanyeol groaned, leaning his head forward and resting his forehead against the smaller's. "put some of that burden onto me, use me if you have to Baekhyun please. The only thing I want to do is make you feel like you can be happy in your life and not feel controlled by that bastard." 

"It's not that simple-" Baekhyun stressed pulling himself away. 

"I know," Chanyeol agreed letting him go. "you've been through a lot of trauma. You got mind controlled and corrupted at such a young age Baekhyun and that's only the tip of the iceberg from what you've told me but I'm still here, I'm still willing to listen and give you a helping hand through whatever is going on up there." The Alpha gestured towards his forehead, he was happy to see the boy's chocolate orbs blinking back up at him.

"Then help me," Baekhyun sobbed finally allowing the tears to finally fall from his eyes, he fell into Chanyeol's chest. "I know I'm emotional and my feelings change almost as quickly as the wind-" 

"That's the vampire traits that you're still not used to controlling just yet." Chanyeol explained running his fingers through Baekhyun's hair. 

"But I really do want to get better, I don't want to flip my switch again. I never thought that I would admit it but you guys are my family and my home, I never thought that I would ever have a home after everything that happened to me." 

"Baekhyun you are safe here with me" Chanyeol got onto his knees holding the boy's hands to his chest, his heart hurting at the sight of the tears falling off his crush's cheeks. "you just have to trust me." 

"I want to" Baekhyun admitted sliding down so that both of them were on their knees. "gosh Chanyeol I really, really, really want to but I'm scared-" 

"That's okay, because I'm going to do whatever I can to make sure that you feel safe with us, with me." 

"I do feel safe with you" Baekhyun whispered cupping the Alpha's cheeks and holding him close. "What I'm scared about isn't you or our friends, it's the possibility that he won't stop trying to harm you guys. I've already lost my parents I can't- I c-can't loose you guys either!" 

"Baekhyun you need to relax you're going to end up having a panic attack!" Chanyeol stressed clasping his hands around the vampire's wrists. "You won't loose any of us, none of us will allow that to happen. We're family Baekhyun we look out for each other." 

"I really hope you're right about this Chanyeol" the boy sobbed, crashing into Chanyeol's chest backwards. The Alpha held him close to his chest, embracing him and hoping that his touch was enough. "I can't afford to loose the people I care for anymore."