The Adopted Son

Destined

Time continues to pass for the newly appointed King and Queen, their people had grown to love them in the months that they spent in power. They were often seen volunteering in children orphanages, Baekhyun taking a liking to playing with the children while Chanyeol helped the caregivers in the kitchen preparing food. What really surprised people of EXO Planet was the fact that they were able to get under the media's nose when doing all of these special activities, it just made them love their new monarchy even more.

During the course of their reign Baekhyun had reclaimed the land that his father had been forced out of, it wasn't that hard since many people respected him even more now that he was Queen. Since his home was now in the castle that didn't stop Baekhyun from appointing someone he could trust in his family's place, with Chanyeol's decree Baekhyun was happy to appoint his friend and forever ally Johnny and Ten to run the Light Pack into its future. The couple had sent their gratitude once they took their seats as heads of the pack, Baekhyun was just happy that he could leave his home with nothing holding him to it any longer.

Eventually the rest of the Alphas and Omegas who had participated in the selection decided that they would return to their own provinces for sometime. They had been gone for roughly three months before the King and Queen were informed of the sudden attacks on their parts of the planet, Kronas had been seen causing havoc on their land after having survived the Queen's light blast.

Chanyeol had sent guards to help aid his friends in their time of need, however he wasn't prepared for when Sehun burst through the doors of the throne room with a cute on his cheek and a limp to his left leg, he was crying with shaking shoulders as he collapsed into Baekhyun's arms after the omega had met him in the middle of the room.

"My parents.." the Alpha cried, his knees giving out forcing both himself and the Queen to the floor. Baekhyun had tears in his eyes as his eyes locked with Chanyeol who was frozen to his seat, staring at them both with a lowered jaw. "they're gone.."

"Chanyeol he's still a kid..." Baekhyun's voice was strained as he held onto the crying boy in his arms. Sehun may be an Alpha but he still had to turn twenty-one which was when wolves were considered an adult to the planet, with his parents gone Sehun's position as the heir to the Air Lands throne was at stake.

"I promised them that I would take over their position when the day came that they left me but before I could even think about lifting a finger to give orders the generals moved in like vultures. They've been debating who should get the throne regardless of it being my birthright, they knew that since my parents had died without writing a will the throne to my lands could be sold to the highest bidder-"

"You know that we wouldn't allow that to happen Sehun" Chanyeol interrupted his rambling friend, he didn't like seeing his close friend sobbing and now that Baekhyun was also crying just added to the pain Chanyeol was feeling. "you helped us when our parents were killed, we are going to help you out as well."

"How do you plan on doing that?" Baekhyun asked, blinking through the tears at his mate whose lips had turned up into a sly smile. "You know something like a decree won't work in this situation like it did with Johnny and Ten that land was mine, this is different Chanyeol."

"The Generals can't say no to the royal family" Chanyeol smiled, offering Sehun his hand. The Alpha stared at it for a moment before taking it, both he and Baekhyun were lifted onto their feet. "I just hope it doesn't get weird between us."

"Honey what are you getting at?" Baekhyun whispered, approaching his mate with furrowed brows.

"How would you like to join the royal family? You won't have a claim to the throne here but you will have a claim to the throne in the Air Lands, with a price of course."

"What price do I have to pay to become a member of the royal family?" Sehun hiccupped, looking up at Chanyeol who offered him a small smile back in return.

"I know that this is the last thing you want to hear right now given the fact that your parents have just died but, would you consider becoming Baekhyun and I's adoptive son at least until your twenty first birthday?"

"Have you gone crazy?" Baekhyun gasped, staring with wide eyes at his husband who gently pressed his finger against his omega's lips.

"What good would that cause?" Sehun asked, his brows furrowed although by his questions Chanyeol figured he was generally becoming interested in his proposition.

"Well for one you'll be our adoptive child which means that you'll have parents, these parents are the King and Queen of the entire planet therefore giving you power over the generals regardless of your age. They will be forced to listen to you whether they want to or not, I won't be able to decree it but you will have our support as well as our people to offer that claim to your lands. It will benefit Baekhyun and I too since the Generals won't turn against us in regards to land ever again, they will know to stay away from seeking lands that have already been entrusted to the children of those who had run those lands before them."

"What are the downfalls beside the fact that I'll be considered your son?"

"No claim to our throne, you'll have to live here until you turn twenty-one and get the occasional kisses from Baekhyun and myself since you're going to our son we do need to give you some affection." Chanyeol smiled, finding some humour in his explanation.

Baekhyun stared open mouthed at the two boys in front of him, beyond confused yet interested in the way things were going. Sehun had been Baekhyun's diary when he was still getting to know his feelings for Chanyeol back during the time of the selection, he had been Baekhyun's personal doll for comfort whenever the omega couldn't get his hands on the elder Alpha.

He was suddenly reminded of all the times were Sehun and Chanyeol stumbled into the room laughing to their hearts content and even though Baekhyun had never expected himself to see them as his husband and son, he had to admit that besides how strange it sounded he honestly like the thought of practising their parental skills on the boy before they had their own son or daughter.

"It's completely up to you Sehun," Baekhyun stated, standing next to his mate. He interlocked their fingers and offered the blond haired wolf a coy grin regardless of the tear trails on his cheeks, he quickly pulled Sehun into a sideward hug before stepping backwards so that he was pressed up against Chanyeol's chest. "We are older than you and we are friends above all else, we're only doing this until you get your promised lands. After that you will never have to remember this if you don't want to."

"I think that I'll take you up on your offer, I will do anything to keep my family on that throne. I just ask that I get to keep my name, Oh, and I would really appreciate it if you guys don't sell me off in a marriage-"

"The only marriage that your father and I will allow you to have is with Luhan, anyone else and I will personally see to it that you are murdered." Baekhyun scolded, using his index finger to scare the poor Alpha who stared down at it in fear. Chanyeol wasn't sure if he was only mocking Baekhyun's words or if Sehun was generally terrified by his mate however he thought it best to keep his mouth shut.

"Yeah that's definitely going to take some to become normal.." Sehun joked, allowing Baekhyun to pull him into a hug which Chanyeol easily folded into as well.

~*~

When Baekhyun woke up from the dream he was filled with uncomfort and found his cheeks flaring at the sight of Chanyeol's as the Alpha stretched out his muscles in hopes of relieving some of the tension. Oh yes, Baekhyun could definitely find himself waking up to that sight every day for as long as this lifetime would allow them to.

"Hey you.." Baekhyun's voice was strained like it was very morning, yet his words still caused an effect to take hold on the Alpha. Chanyeol turned around on his spot, his lips pulling up into the most beautiful smile that had stolen Baekhyun's breath away. He had opened his arms and beckoned Chanyeol to rejoin him on the bed; they had decided to stay at Baekhyun's dorm last night.

The vampire let out a squeal as the overgrown werewolf tumbled back into the bed and straight into Baekhyun's arms, their lips met in the middle. Baekhyun let out a soft hum of content allowing his fingers to card through Chanyeol's silver locks, the Alpha's arms travelled up and down the smaller sides, his touch barely making it through the thickness that was their blanket.

"Hm morning breath." Baekhyun panted out once they broke away, his words made a small smile curl at the side of Chanyeol's lips creating that beautiful smirk that Baekhyun was willingly falling in love day by day.

"I don't care, I would do this every morning if we could." Chanyeol chuckled, reaching one of his hands up so that it gently pressed against Baekhyun's cheek. "That was quite the dream last night huh?"

"I'm still trying to wrap my head around it to be honest" Baekhyun whispered, liking the softness of the atmosphere hanging around them. "it was definitely something I hadn't expected, although I have to admit we do make quite a cute family."

"I just hope that it was Luhan he married, that is if he even got the chance to before we came here.." Chanyeol's voice trailed off as his attention turned to Baekhyun's fingers that had retracted from his head and onto his chest, he took his left hand into his own and pressed it against it against his lips. I admire you.

Since they haven't been able to say that they love each other, the duo had resorted to pressing kisses to certain parts of their bodies in order to tell the other how they feel in that moment. Baekhyun found it truly romantic and often found himself blushing at the hidden meaning Chanyeol would always tell him throughout their day at school.

"It's Kyungsoo's ceremony tomorrow evening," Baekhyun huffed out through a breath, he started playing around with Chanyeol's fingers to hide how nervous he was about the whole thing happening in a couple hours. "you will be there with me right?"

"I promise you I would be there with you" Chanyeol whispered, leaning up and pressing his lips against Baekhyun's forehead. Comforting. "you aren't going anywhere without me tomorrow, I give you my word. I won't allow the council to take you away whether for your skin or because of the things my brother forced you to do when you were with him."

"That's all the comfort I'll need then." Baekhyun smiled, staring into the eyes of the wolf who was grinning back up at him. A kiss to the nose. I like you.

"You can do it smurfie." Chanyeol winked, before pulling himself up from the bed. He offered Baekhyun a hand and the vampire took it with a fluttering heart, he gasped when Chanyeol lifted him out of the bed and pressed him against his chest. Baekhyun allowed him to take his chin into his palm and gently force it upwards, where the Alpha bent down and pressed a single closed mouthed kiss to his lips. I love you.

Baekhyun felt his entire body go lack as Chanyeol pulled him up into his arms and spun him around on the spot for a moment before settling him back down on the ground, where they both shared another quick kiss and chuckle until Luhan's fist met the wood of Baekhyun's dorm door forcing the duo to come back down from their own world where it was only them that mattered.

"You two better be decent when I come in!" He screamed, loud enough for them both to whine in pain when their over-sensitive ears picked it up. They both remained silent as an agreed payback, Baekhyun offered Chanyeol a shirt to use for him to cover up his chest while the Alpha offered the vampire his hoodie knowing how much Baekhyun loves being inside it. Seeing the bright smile on Baekhyun's lips once he pulled the jumper over his head was all Chanyeol needed to know that the day would be beautiful. "You guys are really going to test my patience aren't you?"

"It's getting easier with each passing day," Baekhyun admitted, watching as his best friend's jaw dropped in surprise. "anyway what's with the early wake-up call?"

"Ms Lee is standing in our kitchen demanding Kyungsoo about like he's some butler, none of us know what the hell is happening or why she's even here but I think you guys should come and see this." He explained briefly before turning back on his heel and speeding out of the bedroom, Chanyeol and Baekhyun shared a glance before taking off after him.

They both stood side by side as they watched the principal shout orders at Kyungsoo who was trying his hardest to complete all the tasks correctly, he appeared to be juggling between making some sort of potion as well as filling up different juice boxes with what smelled like his miracle juice.

"Mom what the hell are you doing?" Chanyeol approached his mother who seemed beyond surprised to see her son in the vampire and warlock dormitory, yet when her eyes landed on Baekhyun who was surrounded by Chanyeol's hoodie she didn't seem all that interested anymore.

"I am merely asking Kyungsoo to prepare more of his miracle juice mixture since we have a couple new students joining us." Ms Lee smiled, her glee lasting for only a minute before she started rhyming off orders to Kyungsoo who looked like he would be tearing his hair out at any given moment. Luhan was rushing around trying to help but it was clear to both Chanyeol and Baekhyun that they were beyond stressed. "I don't understand why it's taking so long since he's usually able to do it a lot quicker.."

"Kyungsoo is experimenting on the spell that turned me into a werewolf," Chanyeol explained to his mother after he had somehow managed to get her to sit down on the sofa, Baekhyun bringing her a cup of tea when it was ready. "he took a couple vials of blood from Baekhyun and I and has been working on this potion for a least a day now. He says that he's getting close to an answer but until then I'm not allowed to claim Baekhyun as my mate."

"What!" Ms Lee shouted, her actions almost causing her to spill her hot tea. "Why on earth not?"

"He thinks Daehyun was somehow able to manipulate the spell" Baekhyun chimed in with a sigh, things were really starting to take a toll on him. He wasn't allowed to say 'I love you' to the man he had fallen for, he couldn't tell anyone apart from his friends that his skin was sun proof and now he wasn't even allowed to have Chanyeol claim him as his mate when they both knew that they were. "I don't understand why he thinks that but he says he has good enough reason so we trust him."

"Kyungsoo's hunches have never failed before.." Ms Lee agreed, dipping her head slightly when her gaze fell back on the boy showing Luhan how to pour the miracle juice mixture into the juice boxes so he could focus on his little science experiment. "Kyungsoo, if you need any science equipment you are welcome to use one of the laboratories, just let the professors know that I granted you access alright?"

"Thank you so much Ms Lee!" The warlock classed witch huffed out in relief, his head falling backwards between his shoulders while Luhan let out a cheerful shout.

"So tell me what dream did you have last night?" The former Queen asked her sons while her lips curled around the rim of her mug, her brows were raised in a suggestive manner which in turn brought a bright blush to Baekhyun's cheeks regardless of the fact that nothing naughty had happened.

"We adopted Sehun into the family" Chanyeol stated, a proud smile on his face. Baekhyun could see out of the corner of his eye as Luhan's hand shook in surprise causing him to spill some of the miracle juice onto the counter, he recovered quite enough to avoid scolding from Kyungsoo. "totally wasn't expecting that though.."

"You're getting closer to the time where we arrived here.." Ms Lee let out a breath, her once teasing brows falling into a furrow as her gaze hardened at the mug in her hands. "I'd say you have a couple more nights of these story telling dreams before they run out, thus leading me to believe that your time is also running out."

"What do you mean?"

"Maddix plans on attacking this school, scouts that I have sent out in search of him have come back saying that he is now in Parking Lane with an army of wolves at his disposal-"

"Wait I'm sorry," Baekhyun kindly interrupted his mother-in-law's statement, his eyes locked on Chanyeol's as he continued. "did you just say Parking Lane?"

"Yes." Ms Lee deadpanned, her gaze shifting between the boy boys sitting on the coffee table in front of her. "Why?"

"That's the place I ran to right before my emotions kicked back in."

"That means that it's close to here." Chanyeol explained to his mother's surprised face, he shifted around in his seat before standing up with a huff.

"Chanyeol!" the former queen called out to her son as she watched him exit the dorm while slamming the door closed behind him.

"Let him go" Baekhyun mumbled just loud enough for her to hear him. "He needs some time to think and come up with a plan, we figured that if Maddix was close then he would be bringing Daehyun with him. We just didn't think they were that close..."