Fire hands

Destined

"Good morning everyone!" Baekhyun's father chirped entering the room with the largest smile on his face, the wolves dotted around the table noticed a letter held tightly in his hand but before anyone was able to comment on it Mr Byun already began speaking. "I recieved word from a trusted friend of mine back in the Light Pack territory and apparently everyone has already noticed my disappearance, the letters being sent to the pack house aren't arriving anymore and I believe that the pack will be fine under a different leadership." 

"I never expected a group of rebels to grow so large that it drove you away from your home Joonwoo-" The queen began but was unable to finish once Chanyeol's father cut in. 

"Haeun, darling that isn't the nicest sounding statement I've heard you say. Joonwoo is a respected member of our house now and I would be more than happy to have him back in the castle after a long time, I'm glad you accepted my son's invitation to the palace my dear friend." 

Baekhyun sent the king a shy smile, thanking him without words for offering a more heartwarming welcome to his father. "I'm glad you allowed it your majesties, I don't think I would have returned to the castle without him after becoming aware of what was happening." 

"That would have been a right shame Baekhyun," Queen Haeun stated, her lips pressing into a thin line as her gaze turned to Baekhyun rather than her husband. "I apologise for my early comment, I didn't mean any bite to my word you must understand that." 

"We understand" Joonwoo smiled, placing his hand over the Queen's. It was comforting and warm and made her offer him a broad smile of her own. "like Baekhyun, I am also very grateful that you allowed me to stay here for my saftey I promise you both that I won't be imposing-" 

"Well what happens when we finally discover our mates?" Daehyun wondered, glaring up at the adults from his position at the end of the table. He had claimed it for himself since only the highest prince would be able to sit directly across from the current king, the omega's rolled their eyes after hearing the statement while the Alpha's simply ignored him. "If Baekhyun isn't accepted as a potential mate to any of the Alpha wolves here wouldn't it be awkward if both he and his father continued to live here?" 

"Dude!" Kris hissed from his spot right next to the eldest prince, everyone else had already taken their seats that morning and sadly both Kris and Jongin were left sitting on the right and left of the prince- they wouldn't be arriving to breakfast late again. 

"Baekhyun's father is a friend of mine and even if Baekhyun was involved in the selection or not it doesn't matter, they would be allowed to stay in the castle with us just like any of the other Alpha's or omega's at this table would be if needed." The king explained with a dangerously low voice, his pheromones spreading out along the table effecting the omegas but not Baekhyun. 

"I've kept my mouth shut these past couple of months Daehyun but I swear you're making it harder for any of us to like you," Baekhyun admitted staring the prince in the eye from his place next to his father. "I apologise for my words your majesties." Baekhyun made sure to apologise to the king and queen who were surprised by his reaction. Everyone at the table was rendered speechless once their nose had smelt the King's pheromoes, apart from his sons Daehyun and Chanyeol and now Baekhyun, everyone seemed to take notice and were mesmerised by the action. 

"How dare you speak to me like that" Daehyun gasped, blinking repeatedly like he hadn't just heard Baekhyun speak to him using such a sarcastic tone. "I don't think my mate should speak to me like that!" 

"I'm not your mate!" Baekhyun snapped standing up from his seat and glaring down the table, ignoring his father's palm pressing into his back. The omega was suddenly overwhlemed with the scent of pheromones coming from Daehyun's direction but he forced himself to breath through it, he took deep breaths allowing the scent to fill his lungs before seeping back through his body and out again. It worked, his mind wasn't as clouded like before. 

"I made a wish under the meteor shower, even if you don't want me as a mate I have a right to it, whether you like it or not we'll be mated!" 

Baekhyun felt his blood run cold in his veins his jaw dropping as he allowed the information to sink in, he could hear the sounds of shock ring through the room. His eyes filled with tears as he knew how powerful a wish on the meteor shower could be since he had heard countless stories of the wishes coming through from people within his pack, Baekhyun felt his chest tighten from frustration. 

"You wished upon the shower that you would be fated to my son?" Mr Byun gasped, his eyes narrowing in digust at the eldest prince whose lips curled upwards in a smirk. "Did you even ask for his permission?" 

"Why should I, when I want something I plan on getting it!" Daehyun shouted, gazing at Baekhyun's father like he was nothing more than a piece of dirt on the bottom of his shoe. 

"Because you are just decided his own fate without consulting him, you took away his voice, his freedom, his destined mate-" The Queen rambled on, her cheeks flaring red in anger as she looked at her eldest son in utter digust. Everyone knew how powerful the meteor shower was and it was well known throughout EXO planet how it often granted the wish it heard. 

"I am his mate!"

Baekhyun tumbled back into his chair, trembling as he held himself close. Kyungsoo who sat beside him held him close in an attempt to console him but there wasn't anything he could do, he wanted to be able to tell him that everything would work out but he knew how close the Light Pack felt with the shower. 

"Wha-" he hiccuped before trying again after taking a deep breath. "What would happen if I wished for someone else during the comets?" 

The Queen turned her attention to Baekhyun, her pain shrinked eyes sparkled with hope as slowly began to form other words. "Then the fates would be toren, they would have listened to your wish just like they had listened to Daehyun. It would have been up to the strength and desire behind the wish that would cause the outcome, although it highly unlike to say for sure unless-" 

"Unless the person that you woshed for wished for you too" Baekhyun's father continued, gently placing his hand down on his son's shoulder from behind him. Baekhyun let out a rleieved gasp clutching Kyungsoo closer as his eyes locked with Chanyeol's from across the table. 

"So what does that mean?" Daehyun spat, his face crinkling in anger. 

"It means that if the Alpha Baekhyun wished for wished for him in return the wish you created would have been overlooked!" The queen seethed however another wave of pheromones burst from Daehyun's body as he threw his chair back and howled. 

"Baekhyun is my mate and the desire or whatever that was needed for the wish I made, would overpower his a million to one since I will be the future king!" Another wave of pheromones slipped through the air forcing the Omega's to bow their heads and submit to him, Baekhyun whining through the pain of fighting against it but he had to admit it had gotten stronger. "He might have wished for another but that person couldn't possibly have made the same wish claiming him." 

"I did," A deep voice spoke making shivers run down the back of all the omegas. Now that Baekhyun could think properly he was able to notice another scent attacking his nose, it was an Alpha's pheromone but it didn't feel as sickly as Daehyun's. It was Chanyeol's. "I wished for Baekhyun to be my mate." 

"You did what?" Daehyun hissed, his knuckles glowing white from how harsh his grip was on the table. 

"Chanyeol?" the king questioned, surprised by his son's involvement. 

"We were together during the shower" The Prince explained, his voice so calm that Baekhyun wondered if he was as angry as he thought he was. "and he knows that I wished for it." 

"Baekhyun?" his father chuckled, already knowing that his son and the youngest Park prince had something that no one else was catching onto. 

"And I gave him permission because I wished that he was mine as well." Baekhyun spoke with new found confidence, the wink Chanyeol sent in his direction had the omega's cheeks flare in embarassment. 

A loud growl took up the room forcing everyone to turn their attention back to Daehyun who was getting ready to pounce across the table, Baekhyun only had enough time to shove Kyungsoo into Luhan's side before the Alpha was on top of him and his back was on the ground. 

Baekhyun let out a scream at the sight of Daehyun's fangs being bared from his jaw, they were dripping with venom ready to preform teh mating ritual right then and there. The omega struggled in the Alpha's grip, sobbing his heart out until the weight on top of him was gone and a even louder growl took up the air. 

His father instantly took Baekhyun into his arms, the remaining Alpha's all standing and staring wide eyed at the sight before them. Baekhyun didn't know how but Chanyeol was able to get around the table and managed to pull his brother off of him like he didn't weigh a thing, the omega stared wide eyed as Chanyeol's eyes glowed a beautiful ruby red. 

"You were really going to mark him without asking his permission either huh?" Chanyeol snarled, his fingers clutching into a fist since he had managed to push his brother against the wall. Daehyun was shocked at first but started getting himself into a prediatory stance yet he seemed hesitant. 

The smell of smoke quickly made it's way into Baekhyun's nose, forcing him to pull himself out of his father's neck and to look in Chanyeol's direction. The sight before him made his blood run cold, he didn't understand why there was suddenly a flame dancing from his crush's fists. 

"Chanyeol, relax" his father whispered, carefully trying to approach the fight but he was quickly stopped when Joonwoo grabbed his wrist. With a shake of his head, the king knew he wouldn't be able to interfere with his son's any longer. 

"There is no stopping him, someone threatened his mate and he's clearly unlocked something inside him that no one has seen in over a thousand centuries. If you wnat to calm your son down, mine wil have to do it." 

Baekhyun let out a gulp his eyes widening like everyone elses as the story his father was referring to finally became apparent in their minds, standing up on wobbly legs Baekhyun slowly approached the back of Chanyeol, the Alpha breathing heavily as he continued to shoot out his pheromones which were strong enough for his brother to be weakened by them. 

"Chan-Chanyeol?"

"You have to be stronger than that if you want to get through to him Baekhyun, he's angry you need to find a way to calm him down." The queen coached from behind him, the young omega tossing her a glance over his shoulder. He was happy to see her so close, her smile reminding him of his own mother. 

With some new found confidence Baekhyun took a few steps forward until his forehead rested against the shoulderblades of his Alpha, he let out a deep breath allowing his own omega pheromones to channel through the air. He had to do it sometimes back at his own pack when his brothers got into fights, he didn't need to use it since he arried at the castle but he figured it was the best way to get Chanyeol to calm down. 

"Chanyeol" he called, lifting his shaking arms up to press against the youngest prince's biceps. He stepped closer until there was no space between them any longer, he could feel Daehyun's eyes bore into his skin from over Chanyeol's broad shoulder but he didn't care. In fact Baekhyun found himself nuzzling into the Alpha's neck already addited to the scent coming from him. "relax." 

The Alpha's tense shoulders dipped, his breathing evened out and most importantly the fire that was kissing his knuckles was finally extinguished. Baekhyun let out a hum of content when Chanyeol began responding to his advances, the Alpha turning around and holding him close against his chest. The omega allowed the Alpha to take him away from his brother and over to the other side of the table, Chanyeol's mind going into protective mode. 

Baekhyun was surprised to see the remaining Alpha's blocking Daehyun's way over to them, their fists and jaws locked in anger as they stared at him in digust. It was against the law to mark an omega who hadn't given permission for it to happen, since it was a way of claiming mates it was a very intimdate action and after seeing how Daehyun was willing to sink his teeth into Baekhyun just so Chanyeol wouldn't have the chance was eye widening. 

"Get out of my sight!" The queen screamed at her elder who whimpered at the shout, Daehyun swallowed his words and walked out of the room a servant following him close behind. The Prince's mother felt very strongly about the marking ceremony and she was also one of the reasons the law had been placed in the first place. "Baekhyun, sweetie are you alright?" 

"I'm fine my queen" The omega admitted through a sad smile, he tightened his grip on Chanyeol's shirt before turning into his neck again. He breathed the Alpha's scent finding comfort in it like he had that night on the stone when they were making their wishes. "I'm shaking but I'll be okay." 

"Chanyeol?" His father questioned, looking at his youngest son with an awkward smile pulling on his lips. "Son, about what just happened-" 

"I don't know what happened" the prince stated, the hollowiness of his voice from earlier was long gone. "I just felt so annoyed and scared for Baekhyun that I don't even remember doing anything until he touched me.."

"Your hands were on fire" Luhan nervously admitted to the Alpha who only spared him a second of his attention before turning back to Baekhyun. "we thought you were going to burn him, like-" 

"Like the stories of the Twelve Wolf Princes.. you literally looked like the drawing of the Fire Prince.." Kyungsoo agreed with his fellow omega's each of them nodding their head in silent agreement. 

"Your eyes were red" Baekhyun whispered pulling away so that he was looking his Alpha in the eye. "I know you were only protecting me but there is something else that happened to you Chanyeol, that person wasn't you-" 

"What do you kids know about reincaranation?" The queen intruppted, her eyes wide as she turned to her husband and their shared friend. Both of the men gave her their blessing and without words they knew that it was time that they tell their children about the traditions. 

~*~

Baekhyun let out a groan as he came around from his dream, his head felt like it was spilt in half which wasn't something he usually woke up to whenever he dreamt. He was faced with a glass of blood when his eyes finally decided to focus on the blinding light coming from above him, he could just about make out Kyungsoo's hand offering him the drink. 

"How long was I out?" Baekhyun wondered, taking the glass of blood even though his stomach churned at the thought of drinking it. His mouth was feeling dry and his head was spinning but he realised that he had been placed onto the sofa rather than the two bar stools which have been replaced into their proper positions. 

"About an hour, the both of you went out like a light when I started the spell.. too much pain for your bodies to handle I guess?" Kyungsoo let out a nervous chuckle as he settled himself down on the cushion next to the vampire, Baekhyun let out a chuckle drawing the glass to his lips but wasn't able to drink it. "Are you okay?" 

"I realised that I can't drink normal fridge blood anymore.." Baekhyun admitted with a sigh escaping his lips, he glnaced around at the room and noticed that a mjority of the group had left leaving behind Luhan (who lived there), Sehun, Jongin and Suho. "where is everyone?" 

"What do you mean that you can't drink the blood from the fridge?" Suho gasped, rushing forward and clasping his palm against the latter's forehead assuming that the boy he saved from behind a dumpster had a fever. 

"When Chanyeol woke up he insisted on going to the library to try and find some relation to a book he desperately needs, the rest of the boys went with him since he seemed a little loopy and very red in the face." Luhan explained coming from the fridge where he poured a simple grape soda to which he passed to Baekhyun in exchange for the glass of blood, the newbie vampire gave the blood up easily with a  small smile on his lips as he accepted the grape soda. 

"Did your spell work Kyungsoo?" Baekhyun wondered, turning his gaze away from the purple liquid to his best friend. The witch classed warlock simply shrugged his shoulders, his lips pressed around the straw dipping into his horrible tasting herbal drink that Baekhyun wished never to have tasted. 

"It's hard to say since the second Chanyeol woke up he looked at you, blushed, uttered some weird story book title then claimed that he needed to go to the library to look for it. I'm not even sure if I've even heard about the title but he seemed adamant on getting it, Sehun was reading us the book they were given by Ms Lee and I can understand why Chanyeol wanted to get into your dreams." 

"The Creation Story was the most interesting thing that he read out in my opinion, the twelve wolf creators were so cute and then to find out that the eighth and sixth were the first mates ever was just" Luhan clicked his tongue, his eyes sparkling. "the cherry on top!" 

 "The book he's looking for is the Twelve Wolf Princes" Suho stated pulling himself away from Baekhyun after realising he was just fine. "he apparently knows of a copy in the library although it's the first time I've heard about it." 

"Then Kyungsoo's spell worked" Baekhyun sighed, allowing his body to cuddle further down into the couch cushions. His body was draped with the white and blue checkered blanket which made a small smile appear on his face as he nuzzled his nose into the fabric. "In the dream I had things decided to take a pretty interesting turn of events, Chanyeol got really pissed and protective over someone and his fists lit up in flames. Apparently the adults in my dream were understanding of what was happening but none of us could wrap our head around it however, it was related to the book real life Chanyeol is currently looking for." 

"This is going to get so confusing so soon isn't it.." Luhan groaned, throwing his head back as he drank the blood they had originally prepared for Baekhyun. 

"Yep!" Kyungsoo confirmed, his lips pressing together in a thin line as he sighed through his nose. 

Baekhyun let out a nervous chuckle as he nodded his head, he knew that their journey was just beginning and they had a lot to discuss.