Mother knows best

Destined

"Well I have to admit I'm surprised that it has taken you both this long to come and speak with me" Ms Lee chuckled nervously as she fiddled with a pen in her office chair, she felt small in the eyes of the twelve protectors now that they have all begun to recall their previous lives. "I'm sure you all have many questions, but have you read the book I've given you?" 

"I didn't need to" Chanyeol explained, turning back to Sehun who purposely held up the tanned covered novel, everyone releasing a chuckle when they noticed his yellow duck bookmark sticking out from one of the pages. "Baekhyun has been having dreams about our past lives ever since he flipped his switch, we recently got Kyungsoo to link our minds together and it's like I've been seeing everything in a movie." 

Ms Lee looked surprised by the words her son had told her, eyes wide as she turned to Baekhyun to which she hoped would clear up her misunderstanding. The vampire just nodded his head, his cheeks on fire as he stared at the queen from his dreams. Ever since he had begun to accept that what happened in his dreams, happened in real life Baekhyun couldn't look at the principal the same way anymore. He felt as though he needed to bow to her constantly and address her solely by her majesty, neither of which he has done since his nerves just ate away at him. 

"How far have you seen?" Ms Lee wondered, sounding generally curious as all her attention focused on Baekhyun. The vampire blushed under her stare and nervously ran his nails against the back of his neck, when his hand found his lap again it was quickly covered by Chanyeol's. The Alpha offered him a genuine smile before gesturing with his head to his mother, Baekhyun took a breath before beginning his brief explanation. 

"The first dream I had was of when I was born and the latest one I've had is of Chanyeol and I's wedding, it seems like I'm only receiving the most important parts of what happened since quite some time had passed between my most recent dream and the one before it." 

"How long do you think it was?" 

"Four years." Chanyeol answered recalling Suho's words from within the dream. 

"It appears so," Ms Lee agreed with Baekhyun's comment, her head bobbing up and down. "well that's great news as far as I'm concerned. What would you like to talk about?" 

"I don't think we can wait any longer to know what happens that brought us here, we were hoping that you could fill in the gaps." Chanyeol explained, smiling at his mother whose face morphed into one full of disinterest.

"Haven't I already told you that I'm tired of having to explain it to you? Every time you are reincarnated you come begging for answers, I've grown sick of retelling a sad tale." Ms Lee huffed, dropping her pen onto the table before crossing her arms. 

"Then tell me" Baekhyun smiled, leaning forward in his seat. "you said you told Chanyeol before, that means that you haven't told me right?" 

Ms Lee's lips pressed themselves into a thin line as she looked the boy over, even after being reincarnated so many times Baekhyun hadn't changed. He was still the young omega she had the pleasure of calling a son-in-law, her heart clenched when she realised that his dreams had now taken a turn for the worst. She expected Baekhyun and Chanyeol to understand everything in a couple more days as long as Baekhyun continued to have his dreams. 

With a heavy heart she breathed "I can't tell you what happens next because it hurts to remind me" she confessed, looking around the room at the surprised eyes staring back into her glossy ones. "if your dreams are only showing you the important moments in your second life then I can guarantee that come tonight you will begin the journey of how everything went down-hill. What I can tell you is very limited as I feel as though you already have come to understand everything yourself." 

"We want clarification" Chanyeol begged, looking his mother in her waterlogged eyes. "is Baekhyun my mate?" 

"Yes" she confirmed through a breath, her lips pressing together as she figured that she must explain things further. "you haven't come to how we got here in your dreams but I seeked the help of a witch to make ensure that Baekhyun would continue to remain your mate like destiny had foretold. Your venom, is supposed to be like the others" she gestured to the other wolves dotted around the room, her eyes remaining glassy. "but it's not because I asked for it to not be the same." 

"Why on earth would you do that?!" Chanyeol howled, looking at his mother with his eyes wide and his jaw dropped. "I killed someone because of the venom you gave me?" 

"You're a Prince you're supposed to have something defining you, if you had of been reborn an average werewolf what good would you have done?" 

"Maybe not kill Jessica?" 

"I think I can say for everyone here that she needed to go" Ms Lee coughed, clearing the lump in . "besides she was one of your brother's minions." 

"What?" Chanyeol gasped, turning to look at Baekhyun. The vampire looked as surprised as he was, however the more the silence in the room built the more Baekhyun began to realise things. 

"That makes sense" he commented, shocking the rest of the protectors. "I went to Kihyun hoping that he would be able to dilute the feelings I had developed for Chanyeol, somehow I started talking about how everything happened at on the trip we saw Daehyun. Kihyun said that he had never heard of a witch called Jessica in the day classes. When I was with Daehyun's clan his favoured witch Clara -the one that started the mind control on me- was brewing some potion that was supposed to be able to manipulate the mind and memories. What if she had given it to Jessica that day in town and her distress with Daehyun was all a distraction to get us to smell it?" 

"Well done Baekhyun" Ms Lee grinned, clapping her hands as she praised the boy. "I had my suspicions on her from the moment you guys came back and Chanyeol wasn't as interested in you as he was before. My son has a big heart that much I'm sure of and he doesn't know how to say no to people, so I figured she was somehow able to convince him away from you." 

"Could you stop talking like I'm not here?" The werewolf wondered, gesturing with his fingers to his body clearly exaggerating his presence in the room. Ms Lee simply rolled her eyes before turning back to Baekhyun. 

"What else do you know?" 

"Well I wasn't aware of Maddix until Minseok hyung told me about him when you announced Tao's presence in the school," Baekhyun explained, smiling sweetly at the principal whose eyes sparkled for him to continue. "I knew I had heard that name before but I didn't know how, the more I think about it I wonder if maybe I heard it when I was with Daehyun." 

"I can guarantee that" Ms Lee nodded her head, she reclined her chair and set her feet up on the little stool behind her desk. "Maddix is an old enemy of mine since he was a descendent of the witch I murdered upon our arrival here on Earth. She was a if I'm being honest and she deserved it but apparently the old man couldn't see that, anyway when he was young enough he tried to avenge her but since I'm immortal he failed." 

"How can you be immortal and we're not?" Kris piped up from the back, his hand raised in the air like they were sitting in history class. 

"You haven't gotten that far in the dreams, I'm sure it will be a lot easier to understand when you see it although as I understand it Baekhyun and Chanyeol are the only ones that can see these dreams correct?" 

"They tell us everything in detail after it, we enjoy our peaceful nights thank you Ms Lee." Kyungsoo spoke for the group who all nodded in agreement with him, this brought a smile to the lady's lips. 

"After sometime a loyal witch told me that Daehyun had approached him and made him a deal, with their combined hatred towards me and our family they set out trying to kill us or to return home to conquer it with the Kronos. You'll eventually figure out what they are in time." she winked at Baekhyun who nodded his head, having already been made aware of the dark creatures from one of his dreams. 

"So basically what you're telling us is that we should just wait until we have more dreams yes?" Chanyeol groaned, clearly annoyed that the visit to his mother didn't offer any more help to them. The woman merely shrugged her shoulders, not appearing bothered by the facts her son just made public. 

"Yep, I've told you that you're mates, that you have a special venom inside you that will only work for Baekhyun, Jessica is your brother's minion and deserved death because I couldn't listen to her whine any longer, Maddix and Daehyun are in cahoots and your dreams are going to get extremely horrific and sad." Ms Lee grinned, pointing to each one of her fingers as she rhymed off everything that happened in the past half hour. "I use humour as a coping mechanism after all these years." 

Instantly everyone turned to Kyungsoo, whose big owl eyes stared back at them in confusion. No one said anything but they all secretly agreed that it would be between him, Sehun or Jongin that would probably do the same thing. 

"Oh Kyungsoo!" Ms Lee gasped, halting the boys in their movements of standing up off the chairs. "I was actually going to find you earlier today but I have seemed to forgot, regardless I want to tell you that you have been honoured with first place and by the end of the week you will be receiving your familiar!" 

"Really?" the warlock classed witch gasped, his jaw dropped as he stared at the principal with his wide eyes. She nodded her head with a smile and the boy actually released a squeal, he started jumping up and down with Luhan the two of them clearly understanding what was going on when no-one else did. 

"Should I ask?" Chanyeol whispered into Baekhyun's ear, the vampire shrugged his shoulders deciding to watch the two of them for a moment longer before an idea suddenly surged through his head. 

"Ms Lee!" he shouted, startling the woman out of her joyful expression. Baekhyun hated to bring down someone's happiness but he needed to get the thought out of his head before he left the room and he needed the others to hear about it. "We told you that Jessica's body was gone from the infirmary last week when we explained Conor's relation to Taeyeon's death." The teacher slowly nodded her head, recalling what the vampire was talking about. Everyone in the room seemed to have caught onto what Baekhyun was entailing, after all the funeral they held was only for Taeyeon since Jessica's body was no where to be found. 

"The two unidentified men in the infirmary, they must have been related to Daehyun and in turn Maddix." Chanyeol exclaimed placing the pieces together. "They took her body back before any one was able to look at it like we could with Taeyeon's, why do you think they did?" 

"There could be a number of reasons-" 

"They're going to reincarnate her" Kyungsoo gasped, stepping out of Luhan's embrace and walking towards the principal's desk. "that's what I would do if I was in their situation. She was a spy for them, a witch and a powerful one at that. They're going to bring her back from the dead so she can tell them everything she knows about the school."

"But doesn't that spell require something dangerous?" Luhan chimed in, looking at Kyungsoo in fear as the warlock classed witch drew a deep breath. Everyone knew of Luhan's fascination in the wizard world, often asking his dorm-mate about it as he had his homework. Baekhyun recalled a certain time before they had become the school's protectors where Luhan actually helped Kyungsoo with his homework. 

"It requires another soul to take her place, but assuming that it's two brainwashers we are dealing with here I have no doubt that they were able to find someone."

"," Ms Lee huffed, her eyes blazing as her breathing became harsher. Baekhyun knew the woman was a werewolf but seeing her eyes flick orange in anger still made him shiver. "let's just hope that she'll keep them waiting with her endless rambling while we prepare some changes around here. We have the supernatural council coming at the end of this week, I can't have anything happening." 

"The supernatural council?!" Baekhyun shrieked jumping backwards and therefore colliding his back against Chanyeol's chest. "No I can't be here when that happens, I can't-" 

"Hey shush" Chanyeol cooed wrapping his arms around Baekhyun's thin waist, he tightened his grip when he realised that the vampire was shaking in fear. "Baekhyun relax, I promised you that nothing will happen. I won't let them take you." 

"Why would they take you?" Ms Lee wondered, looking beyond confused with her brows furrowed in the centre of her forehead. 

"Daehyun made me do things for him when I was still human, they were watching him closely but then he brainwashed me into doing his bad deeds for him so that his hands stayed clean. The whole reason that I'm in Seoul right now is because he wanted me to get away from them and now they're going to be here by the end of the week." Baekhyun was hiccupping through tears now, he felt like an idiot sobbing his heart out in fright when he should have been congratulating his best friend in his accomplishment. 

"And your skin.." Kyungsoo whispered, his eyes only getting wider as he rushed towards Baekhyun who was cuddling into Chanyeol's neck trying to calm himself down. "Ms Lee we have to reschedule!" 

"No," Chanyeol declared, his Alpha wolf seeping into his words a little making everyone in the room including his mother gasp. "you are getting that familiar and Baekhyun is going to be apart of your moment because you want him there. I'm not going to let anything happen to him so everyone can just relax, he's not going to be taken by the council." 

"What makes you so sure that you can protect him?" Ms Lee asked, her head tilting to the side as she awaited her son's reply. 

"Because he's my mate, bitten or not. I refuse to let anything else happen to him." 

Ms Lee's lips curled into a smile, there was something different about the Chanyeol standing before her and the ones that had all moved on into the afterlife. Her son standing before her sounded as tired as she did of the way their lives had been controlled since the moment they arrived on the planet, he looked more determined then ever before and his eyes were burning fires that had previously been extinguished. 

The Prince who she thought was gone after the constant diluting of his blood ever since they arrived was back, blinking down at him like he had had just awoken.