Family Meeting!

Destined

Before you read: I was just wondering if it would be possible for you guys to comment once you've finished reading this chapter, because I would really like to hear your thoughts on this book so far. I look forward to your reviews and thank you for sticking with this book for so long, I really apprecaite it! Thank you so much! <3

 

 

 

Baekhyun didn’t know how to feel when he watched the Big Bad Wolf of Millennium High walk down the hallway leading to his bedroom with his silver locks dripping water onto his bare torso. Chanyeol greeted everyone who were already sitting down in the living room with their plate of food before making his way to the kitchen, completely ignoring Baekhyun’s entire existence. The wolves waved their hands but the previous night class students couldn’t but stare at the Alpha’s toned abdomen. Baekhyun’s lips curled upwards when his gaze had fallen onto the sausages and eggs on his plate, he half-expected this outcome after his unexpected tease attack earlier on that morning. 

 

“So how did you sleep last night Kyung?” Baekhyun wondered, hoping to start a conversation in the quiet room. The warlock classed witch was surprised by the question but quickly got over it when Jongin gently nudged him in the side, Baekhyun didn’t fail to see the bright pink blush spread across his best friend’s cheeks. 

 

“I actually didn’t get that much sleep last night..” Kyungsoo admitted, his head bowed low while his fingers messed around with the fork in his fingers. 

 

Baekhyun turned to Luhan who had also turned to gaze in his direction, judging by the vampire’s reaction Baekhyun could conclude that the two of them had no idea why their dorm-mate was so shy all of a sudden. Their gazes shifted from each other and onto Jongin who was looking anywhere but them, they could just about make out the bright red tint to his ears which told them everything they needed to know. 

 

“Again?!” Luhan screamed, jumping up from his spot on the coffee table. His action having caused Minseok to gasp and clutch his chest while Suho somehow managed to land in Lay’s lap from the fright, Baekhyun simply laughed while the rest of the wolves turned to him in confusion. 

 

“So that’s the scent I was smelling when I was on my way here.” Chanyeol laughed from the kitchen. The second he added to Luhan’s craziness it was like all the pieces of the puzzle had been put into place. Jongdae and Lay merely shook their head while Sehun was clapping his best friend on the back, Kris and Tao couldn’t look at the group while Minseok and Suho were still frozen from receiving the information. 

 

“I was too nervous last night,” Kyungsoo began to explain, his half-empty plate finding a new home on the coffee table next to Luhan (who was still staring at him shocked). “I couldn’t help no matter what I did. I tried making tea, counting sheep, listening to music but nothing was working. I was too nervous about the ceremony later today so I called Jongin, he came over and tried to cuddle me but it was clear that I was wide awake. Then I suggested some exercise in order to tire my body out and well-” 

 

“We don’t need to hear the details, thank you very much!” Suho gasped, covering his ear with the palm of his hands. It wouldn’t do anything even if Kyungsoo continued talking but the gesture was enough for the boy to halt in his words. 

 

“Speak for yourself!” Luhan hissed, tossing a glare at the elder vampire who was shocked to see him so interested in his best friend’s love life. Luhan turned back to his dorm-mate, ignoring the curious eyes that had fallen on him from those few protectors who also wanted answers as to why Luhan wanted to know more. 

 

“No I’d rather not.” Kyungsoo interrupted, his cheeks burning to the touch. Baekhyun released a laugh at Luhan’s pouting lips and he almost found himself squealing when Sehun pressed his lips to them. Unconsciously Baekhyun turned his head to look at Chanyeol, wondering if the Alpha had seen what had happened between their adoptive son and his desired mate. The vampire smiled when he realised that Chanyeol had already been looking at him from his spot in front of the fridge, he was holding onto a box of cereal so one could assume that he was looking for some milk to go with it. 

 

“Anyway!” Minseok shouted, gaining everyone’s attention. He was currently cuddled against Jongdae’s sleepy figure at the corner of the couch, the werewolf lazily roaming his fingers through Minseok’s hair as he continued to talk. “What are the plans for today? I don’t recall what happened the last time a witch was awarded with a familiar, besides even if I did it wouldn’t be as special as today!” 

 

“That’s right!” Tao chimed in from his spot on the couch with his back facing the door to the balcony where Kris stood with his arms crossed. “We already have our outfits so what time should we start getting ready?” 

 

Baekhyun turned to look at Kyungsoo whose fingers had been taken hold of by Jongin, the werewolf letting them lace through his own while his left hand played with the tips. Kyungsoo didn’t seem to know the answer to Tao’s question, it must have taken him by surprise since Ms Lee had never specified a particular time herself. 

 

“I’m not sure..” 

 

“We can go and find out when the ceremony is supposed to be, don’t worry Kyungsoo we will sort this out.” Baekhyun offered his friend a kind smile as he stood up from the beanbag (which Lay had brought over from his dorm awhile ago claiming that since they all met in Baekhyun’s dorm they may as well have more places to sit) and made his way towards Chanyeol who was already standing in the centre of the room with his bowl of cereal left on the countertop of the island. 

 

“My mum is probably working herself into the ground after realising that the council would be arriving today, the time of the ceremony must have slipped her mind in her briefing. We’ll find out and then come right  back here-” 

 

“Actually could you pick up some food from the kitchen?” Luhan interrupted the rambling Alpha, his eyes trained on Chanyeol’s eyes afraid that if his gaze was to slip it wouldn’t be moving from there again. “I made a list on the fridge, if you guys could pick them up that would make things so much easier for me today.” 

 

Baekhyun could tell that Chanyeol wasn’t entirely on board with the idea but he figured that the wolf would have a change of heart if he offered him something in return, so with that in mind Baekhyun spoke for the both of them. “Of course we can Luhan, we’ll do as much as we can tio make this day perfect for Kyungsoo!” 

 

Watching his best friend’s smile spread across his lips was worth it, seeing Kyungsoo look so happy and excited made Baekhyun’s heart swell. Chanyeol quickly excused himself to his own dorm-room in order to find a shirt while Baekhyun took it upon himself to grab the list Luhan had created yesterday, he sent it a once over and realised that the materials involved would be estenically for a party which they were hoping to have in honour of Kyungsoo later that evening. Baekhyun could faintly make out some of Jongin’s own handwriting on the list, offering his own suggestions on what particular treat Kyungsoo might like since he was somewhat involved with him. Baekhyun really had to ask his friend if he was dating the Alpha. 

 

He met Chanyeol out in the hallway after he threw on a pair of runners from his slot in the cabinet by the door. He was already dressed in sweatpants and a shirt after getting out of the shower with Chanyeol so he wasn’t so worried about his appearance while he was making his way through the school’s hallways. The vampire waited patiently against the doorframe leading into Chnayeol’s dormitory, he expected the wolf to still be annoyed at him after leaving him with a in the shower. Yet once Chanyeol exited the room Baekhyun was surprised to feel his lips press against his own. Their secret declaration of saying ‘I love you’ since ‘I hate you’ just didn’t seem right anymore. 

 

“Hmm what was that for?” Baekhyun grinned after Chanyeol  had managed to pull himself away from his boyfriend. “I’m not complaining I just-” 

 

“For my sanity as well as yours please never leave me in a freezing cold shower with a you caused me to have” Chanyeol begged, holding on tightly to Baekhyun’s hand. The vampire stared into the eyes of his boyfriend in shock, his heart thundering in his ears as Chanyeol bent lower so that his mouth was pressed against Baekhyun’s ear. “because I won’t let you walk away so easily next time you do it and that’s a promise.” Baekhyun felt his breath getting stolen away when the wolf pressed his lips against his neck before moving away completely. 

 

When he was able to receive air into his lungs Chanyeol had already made his way down the hallway, tossing an green apple in the air which he must have plucked from the fruit bowl back in his dorm after Baekhyun forced him into a mission when he was supposed to be eating his breakfast. The vampire needed another moment to calm his racing heart down, his cheeks finally retreating back to their original colour after having been set on fire by Chanyeol’s bold moves. 

 

After Baekhyun was able to catch up with him they had already entered the part of the school where the other students were already roaming the halls, as stated by Ms Lee earlier this week classes would continue to go ahead until one pm. From there the rest of the day would be free for students in celebration of Kyungsoo’s familiar ceremony. The people who were chosen by the lucky warlock classed witch had an honorary excuse letter for their classes, although the teachers were aware of the protector’s free day since Kyungsoo had picked them all so no one really needed the excuse note. 

 

“Hey you two!” A familiar voice laughed from Baekhyun’s side, the vampire turned his head away from Chanyeol’s direction and towards a smirking Kihyun. “What have the two of you been up to lately?” 

 

“Stressing” Chanyeol answered without thinking, his daze fixated on the hallway ahead of them. There weren't a lot of students walking but there were many simply standing and talking to their friends, however once people started to notice Chanyeol and Baekhyun walking down the hallway looking as though they had just gotten out of bed their conversations stopped. “We’ve been placed on job duty while everyone got to have their breakfast!” 

 

“He’s just cranky this morning don’t mind him” Baekhyun apologised to Kihyun who had raised a brow in confusion, the vampire merely waved the topic off. “He didn’t get to eat his breakfast this morning-” 

 

“Yeah because that’s the only thing I didn’t get to do this morning” Chanyeol scoffed while shaking his head, Baekhyun watched him intently as the wolf bit into the apple he had brought with him from his dorm. The vampire stopped in his tracks yet his boyfriend continued to walk, his head tilted down as he made his way towards his mother’s office. Kihyun seemed to notice the difference in the air around him but before he could even attempt to ask his friend what was wrong, Baekhyun had beaten him to it. 

 

“It’s my fault” he explained, his fingers playing around together against his stomach. “I did something to him this morning and then left him alone with it, I was just teasing him but as you can see he’s a little down because of it.” 

 

“Oh Baekhyun I’m sure that isn’t the case after all- Oh wait nevermind I see what you were getting at..” Kihyun mumbled. Baekhyun nodded his head and started walking after his boyfriend, Kihyun following him close behind since he was unintentionally leading the way to his classroom. “Well I can’t say that I blame the poor guy, if Changkyun left me all alone after purposely giving me a problem I’d hate him too.” 

 

“But he literally got me hot and bothered earlier!” Baekhyun nearly screamed in response, however he was able to save himself the embarrassment as quickly as he opened his mouth. “Just outside his dorm he had me against the wall and warned me that he might not let me go the next time.” 

 

“Damn you really do have a problem. An angry werewolf who is is definitely not something you should mess with, especially since he’s Park Chanyeol, who might I remind you has been wanting to get into your pants since the first day you got here!” 

 

“I’m sorry what?” Baekhyun gasped, looking at his friend with wide eyes. “He wanted to do what to me when he first saw me?” 

 

“Chanyeol was a player I already know that you know that, but all those people he hooked up with purposely placed themselves into his arms. He saw something in you the moment he saw you hence why he hasn’t got laid since, he could have been with Jessica easily but he didn’t because his eyes were only on you.” 

 

“How do you know that?” 

 

“My boyfriend can read minds,” Kihyun deadpanned, Baekhyun really wanted to facepalm. He should have known that since he had seen Changkyun in action while he was still in the infirmary after fainting when he first got to Millennium High. “he’s the one that told me as well as the fact that I have eyes. It’s so obvious how much he likes you Baekhyun, almost everyone in school has realised how much he’s changed ever since you have gotten here.” 

 

“So that’s why you refused to edit my emotions to the memories of Chanyeol before I flipped my switch.” 

 

“I have a method to my madness although I didn’t expect you to flip it so easily, I didn’t know how broken you were so I have to apologise for that Baekhyun.” 

 

“It’s fine, I’m actually quite glad that you told me now.” Baekhyun admitted, his heart thumping loudly against his chest as his gaze locked with Chanyeol’s again. He was leaning against his mother’s door-frame with the apple core having been thrown in the trash, his gaze intensity caused shivers to go down Baekhyun’s back which in turn made Kihyun let out a laugh. 

 

“I hate to be the bearer of bad news or anything Baekhyun but I would suggest you book in for a supernatural painkiller because if the look Chanyeol is giving you right now is what I think it is, you won’t be able to walk for at least a day.” 

 

Baekhyun knew that Kihyun was only giving him some friendly advice for his first time with Chanyeol but the whole thought really brought his heart rate through the roof, Baekhyun knew that he loved him and obviously he had thought about allowing Chanyeol to take him into his arms and make him feel good he just never expected it to be so soon. Not that he was complaining, he had needs to. 

 

“I’m not hanging around this any longer” Kihyun announced maybe a little too loudly, the students surrounding them in the hallways all turned to look at him standing next to Baekhyun whose eyes were still locked with Chanyeol’s the pair looking lost in their own world. “See you two later, oh and wish good luck to Kyungsoo for me!” 

 

At the mention of his best friend Baekhyun was pulled out of his thoughts (and staring contest) and brought back to the situation at hand, he bowed in response to Kihyun’s departure and exclaimed that he would let the honoured witch know about his kind words. Kihyun waved his hand and Baekhyun found himself back in Chanyeol’s gaze, the Alpha offered his hand out and Baekhyun walked towards it like a magnet. The hallways watched as Baekhyun laced their fingers together and entered the principal’s office after having knocked politely first. 

 

“Oh good, both of you are here, I was going to text Chanyeol for a family meeting but I figured that the two fo you would be sleeping since you didn’t have classes this morning with Kyungsoo’s ceremony later today!” Ms Lee gushed, rushing around her office to make sure that everything was in order for the council visit. 

 

“We actually came here to ask you about that” Baekhyun stated looking at Mrs Park who seemed surprised about the words he was spewing in such a rush. “you never told Kyungsoo what time the ceremony is at and we don’t know when it would be suitable for us to get ready for it.” 

 

“Oh haven’t I?” Ms Lee gasped, her right hand lifting to touch her lips in shock. She turned to look at Chanyeol who shook his head to answer her question. “I knew there was something important that I was forgetting, thank you boys so much for reminding me. Yes the ceremony will commence at four o’clock tonight and should possibly run on until about six depending how long it takes for a familiar to choose him of course!” 

 

“You have converted the hall into the ceremony space haven’t you?” Chanyeol wondered as he took a seat down on one of the chairs in his mother’s office, Baekhyun placed his hands on the backrest and leaned some of his weight onto it. 

 

“The hall that we do training in when it’s raining?” Baekhyun posed the question, aiming it at Chanyeol who wasn’t currently looking through an account book on the table. 

 

“That exact one!” Chanyeol smiled as he turned his head slightly to see his boyfriend’s facial expression. Baekhyun was smiling right back at him. 

 

“Yeah still haven’t gotten used to seeing the two of you look so lovey dovey this lifetime.” Ms Lee admitted with a shiver of disgust trailing down her back, her tone was only teasing so Baekhyun knew she meant no real harm. “I have converted the hall space so I would appreciate it if you didn’t mess anything up when you get there.” 

 

“Any word on which council members are coming?” 

 

“Nope,” she huffed out, her arms crossing over to minick the way Chanyeol had been standing when Sehun interrupted their time that morning. “they never tell me anything! Sometimes they just show up unannounced and it pisses me off, however today thankfully we can at least expect their arrival. Baekhyun sweetie will you be okay while you’re in a room with them?” 

 

“It’s for Kyungsoo,” the vampire spoke, his voice stern as he concentrated on Chanyeol’s warm touch. “besides Chanyeol said that he wouldn’t leave my side for a moment. I still find myself a little anxious to be truthful but not to the extent that I was before.”

 

“I’m glad to hear that, now why don’t you tell me about why you’re so scared to see them. I already understand that my eldest son had you do things that you had no control over, but I can tell that there is a little more than that..” 

 

“It’s okay smurfie, you can tell her.” Chanyeol encouraged him, gently nudging his boyfriend with his finger to the back of his palm. Baekhyun offered him a small smile before drawing a breath. 

 

“It’s my skin, usually a vampire’s skin burns when it’s in contact with direct sunlight but mine doesn’t..” 

 

“And?” Ms Lee continued, expecting Baekhyun to continue. When it became obvious that the boy had told her fully his explanation, Ms Lee’s brows furrowed. “Baekhyun, darling you’re the reincarnated spirit of the Light Wolf from the Creation Story you’ve read in the book or have seen in your dreams. The Fire Wolf created Earth’s sun for his soulmate, which if you're not following already, is you. Of course the sun doesn’t affect you, it was made for you. It’s the same way that the full moon doesn’t affect Chanyeol to the extent it does the others.” 

 

“Wait, really?” Baekhyun choked looking down at the wolf who was blinking up at him innocently. 

 

“Well the full moon sort of brings out our animalistic traits, wolves are usually tratorial when it comes to their own space so that sort of doubles on the nights of the full moon. Many of my kind decide to shift during the full moon in order to deal with it which is why many of them go out into the forest, but for me well let’s just say I can control it a bit better than others.” 

 

“Except for your anger, that you excel in compared to the others of your kind.” Ms Lee indicated with her ruler which he had been using to draw a graph on some paper for her book. 

 

“A lot of things are really starting to make sense today.” Baekhyun breathed out into the air, his chest deflated as he leaned his head down on Chanyeol’s shoulder, the wolf letting out a small laugh as his hand came up to run through his hair. 

 

“On another note has Kyungsoo had any progress on his potion?” 

 

“If he has, we haven’t been told about it.” Chanyeol explained to the woman who nodded her head in understanding. 

 

“Why did you want to call a family meeting?” Baekhyun questioned, looking up at the woman who had fallen back into her chair after hearing his words. 

 

“I wanted to check on the two of you, see how both of you have been doing but seeing as how close the two of you are right now I think I already have my answer.” she smiled and almost released a giggle when Chanyeol pulled Baekhyun around the chair and into his lap. Mrs Park expected the vampire to blush or to nuzzle into her son’s neck in embarrassment but surprisingly he happily sat himself down and rested his hands over Chanyeol’s joint ones at his stomach. “I’ve missed seeing the both of you like this..” 

 

“We haven’t said anything to each other if that is what you’re hinting at” Chnayeol rolled his eyes, looking at his mother who shrugged her shoulders. 

 

“I wasn't, I already know that the two of you understand the possibilities that could happen if there was a confession on either one of your parts. I’m proud of both of you and how far you have come together during this time-line, I’ve been rooting for this time to be the last and by the extent happening it appears to be working so far although I cannot afford to jinx it.” 

 

“Is there any progress besides the obvious than the last six hundred and thirteen times?” Baekhyun asked, finding himself curious about his previous lives. 

 

“Well for starters this time around the two of you have survived the longest than all your other lives, you’re probably the second.. no first time that you two actually somewhat hated each other at first sight. Before you would fall in love on the spot or at least either one of you would be pining over the other for some time before making their move.”

 

“What was the youngest?” 

 

“When you were six, the two of you met at the playground while I was looking for a place to build this school. Baekhyun gave you a strawberry flavoured lollipop and you said that you loved him in return, a terrible flu broke out after that confession and even though it could be seen as an innocent confession, it was a confession nonetheless. The both of you died from that flu soon after. That was probably the youngest that you died, that was the two hundred and thirty-sixth life you had lived..” 

 

“Woah, when you look at it from that perspective it really is a weird curse we have, don’t you think?” Baekhyun said looking into Chnayeol’s eyes, the Alpha nodded his head before turning back to his mother. 

 

“What about Daehyun, has he ever tried to involve himself in our lives before?” 

 

“Besides killing you, no he hasn’t. In fact this was the first time ever that he had involved himself in Baekhyun’s life, clearly he must have tried to accomplish something by it.” 

 

“Well he didn’t” Baekhyun defended himself, sitting tall although that may have been a little difficult to do while he was sitting in Chanyeol’s lap. “I still found my way to Chanyeol and that’s all that matters now.” 

 

“I’m glad to hear that!” Ms Lee grinned, watching with a full heart as Chanyeol pressed a kiss against Baekhyun’s cheek. 

 

“Right well Mum we can’t stay, the boys have forced us into doing their duties today so we have to make a pitstop at the kitchen before we return with the information Kyungsoo was looking for. As always it was a pleasure talking to you, but we really have to go.” Chanyeol explained after taking Baekhyun’s waist into his hands and lifted him from his lap and placed him gently onto the ground before standing up himself. He leaned over the table and pressed a kiss to the woman’s cheeks, his heart swelling when she turned to Baekhyun expectantly only for the boy to shyly press his lips against her other cheek. 

 

“Alright you two be safe! I’ll see you both in the hall for the ceremony in a couple hours, I can’t wait to see your outfits!” 

 

“Kris still doesn’t know why it’s such a formal affair, he says he hates wearing a tux.” Chanyeol laughed, his hand naturally curling around Baekhyun’s wasit once the vampire was standing by his side again. 

 

“This reminds me of your prom date from your four hundred and twenty fifth life! Oh how I wished we had cameras back then.. Anyway i suppose it will only be me with this memory for as long as I live.. pity you both looked so beautiful.” 

 

“And that’s our cue to leave” Chanyeol whispered into Baekhyun’s ear, the vampire releasing a laugh as his boyfriend pulled him out of the office. “Bye mum!” 

 

“Family meeting hm?” 

 

“It’s really strange isn’t it?” 

 

“Nah” Baekhyun admitted with a smile, his arms coming up to wrap around his boyfriend’s shoulders. “I actually happen to really like it!” 

 

“Me too” Chanyeol found himself admitting through a breath of air that he was escaping his lips at the sight of a smiling Baekhyun, he didn’t even bother to look to see if the hallways were empty and simply dove into Baekhyun’s lips. The vampire releases a content sigh. 

 

Thankfully for them, the hallways were deserted.