I need your blood

Destined

The oak door with a gold plated sign flickered in the sunshine that was flowing through the window just along the silent hallway, since Ms Lee had given the students and faculty members some time off due to Kyungsoo's ceremony preparations needed to be done it wasn't surprised to see that no one had come out of their dorm rooms. Kyungsoo lifted his hand and delivered a sharp knock on the door, just below the gold plate in the centre of the door. He waited for a few moments before a faint voice allowed him entrance. 

"Good afternoon Kyungsoo" Ms Lee smiled seeing the boy enter the room with his friend by his side. "and Luhan" she included with a soft apologetic wink in his direction, as she hadn't been aware of his presence. "what can I do for the both of you?" 

"Do you recall when you explained to us that you had seeked the help of a witch to transform you and therefore Chanyeol into werewolves?" Kyungsoo approached the woman who was sitting in her office chair, she had been reading a book before the intrusion judging by the thick amount of pages in front of her. The former queen nodded her head, her eyes drifting from the vampire to the warlock. "we wanted to ask you a few more questions about it.." 

"Well I suppose that's fair" the woman giggled, gesturing her hand towards the two desk chairs placed directly in front of her desk. The two students sat themselves down on the seats and smiled at her in appreciation, Luhan shifted around for a moment before finding comfort while Kyungsoo simply leaned forward in the chair. "what would you both like to know?" 

"We want to know more about the spell and why you asked for it" Luhan explained, offering the headmistress a small smile. "Kyungsoo has a bad feeling about Maddix and Daehyun's completely unnecessary team-up, I have the same terrible feeling and with the information you give us we may be able to do something about this impending doom!" 

"I apologise in advance for his dramatic ," Kyungsoo bowed his head, apologising for Luhan's words spoken and those that will be uttered later into their conversation. "but yes, we are hoping that by receiving the spell and the information you're willing to give may give us a helping hand in this complicated time." 

"Throughout the years I have kept in touch with the witches who welcomed me here upon my arrival, as you are well aware by now Kyungsoo magic folk have a certain way of knowing things and it was one of my most trusted friends that told me that Daehyun had managed to change himself into a vampire regardless of the fact he was already immortal." The two students wanted to ask more about the words she had just spoken, but they figured that they would be told the same thing she had told them yesterday. They hadn't that far into the story yet. "I instantly began thinking of the possibility of an attack on myself and Chanyeol who wasn't even born yet at the time. I had just buried him and Baekhyun all over again when I received word and thus I contacted a friend and asked her to preform a spell to protect myself but give Chanyeol some defense technique of his own." 

"And they decided to focus it on his venom, Luhan nodded, having recalled the conversation they had with the woman yesterday. "which makes sense." 

"But what I don't understand is how did they manage to make it so that Baekhyun was the one immune to his venom?" Kyungsoo asked, his eyes sparkling at the book the principal had gotten up to retrieve from her bookshelves. 

"By his blood, in one of Baekhyun's previous life both he and Chanyeol had come close to finding out the truth by themselves. They had taken a vile of their blood and had given them to me as long as I promised that I would use it to bring them back to EXO Planet one day, that's why I figured we could use Baekhyun's blood for Chanyeol's spell now. Chanyeol wouldn't be a human and therefore wouldn't die as easily as he had before, I already had a plan for Baekhyun but as you know Daehyun had gotten to him before I could." 

"Has Daehyun ever have the possibility of taking a vile of Baekhyun's blood for himself?" Kyungsoo questioned, his eyes trained on the old spell book the headmistress had entrusted him with. 

"I doubt it" Ms Lee admitted with a soft shrug of her shoulders. "as far as my knowledge goes Daehyun has never came face to face with Baekhyun's previous lives, if he had of gotten some of Baekhyun's blood it would have had to have been during this life-time." 

"Which he did" Luhan claimed, turning in his seat to look at his friend who seemed to have stumbled upon something interesting in the spell-book. "Baekhyun said that Daehyun had used him like a blood bag for awhile before he turned him, is it possible that he had taken some like you were given?" 

 "Why would Daehyun need Baekhyun's blood anyway?" Ms Lee wondered, her brows meeting in the centre of his forehead. "I don't understand." 

"Neither do I" Kyungsoo admitted, slamming the book closed and shifting it up under his arm. He stood up with Luhan following his moves seconds later, he bowed in the principals' direction before turning on his heel and beginning his journey to the door. "but I won't stop until I do!" 

When the two of them returned to their dormitory, they were surprised to see everyone there sitting on various pieces of furniture or on the floor with bowls of popcorn or glasses of blood held tightly in their hands. Baekhyun offered his two dorm-mates a small smile his unspoken apology for starting the movie without them, they both giggled quietly and waved their hands before closing over the door and made their way into the kitchen. 

Baekhyun managed to untangle himself from Chanyeol's grip, the Alpha watching him leave to the kitchen with a small smile on his lips. "Where were you guys?" he whispered, standing next to the island while he watched Luhan stick another bag of popcorn into the microwave. Kyungsoo had placed the book he was holding onto the counter and at the sight of it Baekhyun's blood ran cold. "Please tell me that isn't more of the untold story from Chanyeol's mother." 

"It's a grimoire, a book that contains old spells or potion recipes." Kyungsoo explained once he had grabbed his herbal drink and a special juice box for Luhan, he had offered Baekhyun but the vampire shook his head. 

"So basically a wizard's cookbook." Luhan chimed throwing a quick wink in Baekhyun's direction before running over to Sehun who had willingly allowed the boy to sit on his lap without needing to be asked, ultimately escaping Kyungsoo's friendly slap. 

"You told me about them before" Baekhyun recalled the memory of when he was first shown their dormitory, Kyungsoo nodding his head for a brief second before opening the microwave which Luhan must have forgotten about when he saw Sehun sitting on the seat blocking the entrance to the balcony. "why do you have another one?" 

"It's the spell book that the witch used to create your mate after his mother wanted him different from other wolves." Kyungsoo answered with a neutral facial expression, he passed Baekhyun the popcorn bowl since he was already holding his own drink as well as Luhan's. The vampire stared at the book on the counter with wide eyes, surprisingly it was very well preserved for a centuries old book. 

He turned around just in time to see Kyungsoo toss Luhan his juice box before taking a seat next to Jongin on the floor, he instantly nuzzled into his neck and the wolf naturally wrapped his arm over his shoulder protectively. Baekhyun stood at the counter, his grip on the bowl tightening at the sights in front of him. 

Kris was resting his head on Tao's as they were both so invested on the Prince and the Frog movie playing on the television, they were sitting in the corner of the couch. Minseok and Jongdae were sitting next to each other beside them, giggling quietly to themselves as the Alpha held his hand and gently run his thumb over the back of his knuckles. Sehun and Luhan were whispering sweet nothings into each other's ears, the Alpha probably asking the latter where he and Kyungsoo disappeared to. Jongin had taken another sip of Kyungsoo's drink and was actually able to hold it down this time, much to the disappointment of the warlock. Suho and Lay took up the spots between Chanyeol and Jongdae, their legs thrown over each other as they rested their heads on each other peacefully dozing off on the couch. 

And  of course there was Park Chanyeol, who was chuckling to the childish comedy playing in the movie. He had Baekhyun's white and blue checkered blanket draped over his lap and was resting his head on the palm of his hand which was propped up on the armrest of the couch. The vampire wished that if there was any possibility of remembering something in his next life, this moment would be one of his first picks. 

He must have been staring for too long since Chanyeol's curious eyes landed on him, his brows were furrowed mentally asking if he was alright. Baekhyun gently rubbed against his eye as he nodded his head, hoping to hold the tears back from escaping. He was quite emotional today but after the dream he had earlier and now the overwhelming sensation of familiarity he couldn't blame himself. 

Taking a deep breath he approached the group, he gave the popcorn bowl back to Jongin who thanked him for the treat before looking back at Chanyeol. The Alpha had moved back to where he was before- pressed up against the armrest- so that he could squeeze back in next to him but what Baekhyun did next shocked everyone who wasn't really paying attention to the movie or asleep. He had settled himself down in the wolf's lap and nuzzled in his nose against Chanyeol's neck before wrapping them back in his blanket. 

Chanyeol quickly got over his shock and simply wrapped his arms around the boy on his lap, their position reminding him of the closed space they had been in on the chair out on the balcony the week Baekhyun first came to the school. 
 

____________
 

"Chanyeol we need a vile of your blood" Kyungsoo rushed out before the Alphas had left his dorm, the said wolf froze in his steps turning around on his heel a brow raised in confusion. 

"Can I ask you why?" Chanyeol wondered, his left hand fingers rushing towards his inner elbow. His eyes drifted the Baekhyun who looked equally as confused by the rest of the boys standing behind him. 

"I'm doing an experiment, Baekhyun I'll need yours too." 

"Mine?" Baekhyun gasped. "Does this have to do with your witch cook book?" 

"I hate you" Kyungsoo glared at Luhan who shrugged his shoulders, he was used to disappointing his best friend. "this is your fault, it's not a cook book!" 

"It looks like a cook book" Minseok chimed, staring down at the pages of the book he had received from Ms Lee. "I can't understand a word that's in it though-" 

"Because it's written in Latin." Kyungsoo groaned throwing his hands in the air in clear defeat, he gestured Baekhyun and Chanyeol to sit themselves down on the stools in front of the island. They sat themselves down but they weren't happy about it, after all the last time they sat like this in those chairs they were both suffering from the after-effects of a mind linking spell. 

"Is it only our blood you need?" Baekhyun wondered, turning the spinning chair around to look at his best friend who was desperately looking around in the cabinets of the kitchen. Luhan seemed to know what his best friend was looking for and instantly pulled out a needle and some hospital test tubes. The vampire's jaw dropped at the sight of it, his throat running dry at the amount of questions he had buzzing around in his head now. 

"Where the hell did you get that?!" Minseok shrieked, eyes wide as Kyungsoo set them down on a small wooden tray they had on top of their fridge. Baekhyun pushed the chair back so that it was facing the living room, he didn't like where this was going one bit. 

"For the moment the only blood types I need are Chanyeol's and Baekhyun's, I got this for when I got told that I was getting Luhan as a roommate. I wasn't happy to offer myself up as a blood bag so we filled up these tubes for him to drink while I created the miracle juice." Kyungsoo briefed the curious creatures around him, he placed the tray onto another stool before placing that one in between Baekhyun and Chanyeol. 

"Luhan!" Kyungsoo called over the vampire, Baekhyun blinking up at his friend who stood in front of him with a bright smile. "It's better for a vampire to take your blood, he took mine and I didn't feel anything." 

Baekhyun stared at Kyungsoo for a full minute while Luhan tied a shoelace around his bicep, his teeth pierced his lip as he inhaled a deep breath trying to steady his breath and brace himself for the pinch- "Done!" Luhan cheered after having releasing the shoelace, Baekhyun's eyes bulged out of his sockets as his eyes turned to look at his inner elbow. A tiny little hole was healing before his very eyes, Luhan held up two test tubes filled with Baekhyun's blood. 

"I didn't even feel the pinch.." He chuckled looking over at Chanyeol who had offered his flexed arm to Luhan a shoelace already tied against his bicep, the sight of the needle pushing into the Alpha's arm had something churn in Baekhyun stomach forcing him to look away. "I can't watch that!" 

"I can't watch someone take blood." Suho shivered, turning his back on the Alpha who let out a laugh at the elder's word. 

"You're a vampire!" 

"It's different, we never have to see the blood we take until after we see it before the wound heals." Suho attempted to defend himself but it was rather amusing for the others, a vampire who was screamish of blood? More likely than you would think! 

"Did you get enough?" Chanyeol watched Luhan pull the needle from his vein before the vampire bent his arm up to help stop the bleeding, apparently Chanyeol needed a little more time to heal unlike Baekhyun. 

"Three bottles" Luhan nodded his head, marking Chanyeol's test tubes with a sharpie so that Kyungsoo would be able to tell the difference between them. "this should do us for now but we may ask you guys for more at a later stage." 

"Sure." Chanyeol offered the vampire a grin before standing up from the chair looking completely unfazed by the amount of blood he had just lost, Baekhyun who hadn't lost much still tumbled when he went to stand up forcing the Alpha to hold him steady. "Easy there smurfie, don't pass out on me because I don't want to go to your dream world right now." 

"How are you completely fine after that?" Baekhyun wondered, looking up at the taller through he small black dots filling his vision. Chanyeol gently set Baekhyun down the couch, he smiled down at him as he continued to stand with his arms crossed over his chest. 

"I have a very hungry vampire to feed from time to time" the wolf teased, gaining a couple teasing wolf whistles from the Alpha's still standing in the hallway. Tao let out a cheerful laugh while the rest of the vampires tried top conceal their giggles behind their hands, at least Kyungsoo was more interested in their blood to understand what was happening around him. Baekhyun could feel the blush rise to his cheeks as he bowed his head in embarrassment. 

How could he possibly forget that?