Too Good To Be True

Destined

Baekhyun groaned as he opened his eyes, the blaring sun that trickled in through the window on his left made his lips unconsciously pull up into a eating grin, the memory of the past couple days drifting like waves through his mind making him blush and hide back beneath the covers.

He could hear the faint whispers of his friends outside the door, their quiet 'shhs' making his hand press against his lips in an attempt to hold back his giggles. He should have expected this so early in the morning, after all it wasn't everyday that a prince had asked for a private conversation with you after dinner in front of the entire royal court, his friends and the other omegas.

Baekhyun prepared himself and just as he was about to take a deep breath his bed was suddenly surrounded by warmth and a few giggling voices, peaking his head above the covers he couldn't stop the smile from falling on his lips. The other five omegas staring back at him with shared expressions of excitement and wonder, Kyungsoo having been the one to roll off him immediately began speaking.

"Are you going to tell us what the prince wanted or not?!" he shrieked gently hitting Baekhyun with his fluffy pillow that he had brought from his own room. The young light pack member noticed that each of his friends were still docked out in their night-wear, pillows tucked under their arms as blankets were tossed over their shoulders. "You both came back blushing like peaches, so please don't leave out any important details!"

"Well after dinner he suggested that we go on a walk around the castle" Baekhyun began, shifting himself around so that he was sitting up in his bed rather than lying down in it. "since it's winter time he insisted that we bring some extra layers and gloves."

"At least he's thoughtful about the weather, Kris wanted me to roll around in the snow the other day just because he thought our snow angels would look amazing together. It was below four degrees!" Tao huffed crossing his arms over the pillow he was cuddling with throughout Baekhyun's story.

"I told him that I didn't have any gloves because in my pack's territory the lowest the temperature would go would probably be about 10 or 15 degrees, we've never had snow before so it was quite an interesting sight to see. I thought that he would give up on the idea of going for a walk which really got me down but instead he simply asked me permission to enter my room."

Luhan and Minseok shared a gasp, glancing between themselves in amazement. "You had an Alpha in your room Baekhyun?" they choired together, Baekhyun watching them in amusement his lower lip being taken in between his teeth to hold back a laugh. "What was it like?"

"Quite normal I assure you" Baekhyun chuckled seeing his friends pout in response. "he simply asked to see my sock drawer and then continued to produce a pair of old fluffy stockings that I forgot to throw out months ago, anyway he gently asked for my hands and before I knew it I had my own makeshift mittens!"

"I never expected him to be so clever" Suho giggled shaking his head from side to side, his maturity making Baekhyun question why none of the alpha's in the castle had taken a liken to him yet. Although after accidentally overhearing a conversation about the said omega beforehand, Baekhyun knew that one of the seven would be confessing soon even though he did not know which. "Go on, tell us more!"

"Well, then he made sure that I was wrapped up well before taking my hand again and leading me outside. We talked for awhile before I grew bored and accidentally hit him over the back of the head with a snowball, we play fought for awhile until we ended up on the ground making snow angels. Before I knew it he had placed a chaste kiss on my cheek and stated that he had enjoyed our time together, I told him that I was more than happy to have another date like that one and he blushed! Actually rosy, anyway, he insisted that we would and after that he walked me back to my room where you all found us yesterday-"

"I can already smell the mating ceremony!" Tao squealed clapping his hands together in excitement, Baekhyun's breath hitching in his throat as he quickly shook his head, his cheeks burning a bright pink hue. "You and Chanyeol would be adorable together Baekhyun, plus he is a prince!"

"He's the youngest prince, meaning that he won't get you the throne although we can all remember your first day here with Prince Daehyun-"

"I'd rather not think about that" Baekhyun declared with his head held high. "Prince Daehyun is the next in line and besides it's not the title I see with Chanyeol. I knew him before I knew he was a prince and my vision of him hasn't changed since!"

"Well I'm glad to hear that, at least now we will have one less Alpha to please. After all Chanyeol was the one that insisted that his friends join both he and his brother with the mate finding ceremony, which in turn would make it easier on them but harder on us." Minseok sighed, hanging his head between his shoulders.

"Ah don't worry Minseok hyung! You will find your mate soon and besides Chanyeol and I haven't even had the slightest inkling as to if we are indeed mates or not! So you can't technically rule him out as a candidate either!"

"We see the way he looks at you Baekhyun" Kyungsoo's soft voice made the youngest turn to him in question. "Both he and his brother are fixated on you and I just hope that you end up with the good brother, whoever that might be-"

~*~

When Chanyeol awoke the next morning he was surprised and also not that disturbed to see Baekhyun peacefully sleeping on his chest, a small smile on his face as he nuzzled deeper into the crook of Chanyeol's neck. The wolf froze unable to think of what to do and what to say in order to wake the boy up, however judging by the lack of peaceful silence between them. Chanyeol noticed that Baekhyun began to groan and his eyebrows bunched together in the centre of his forehead, afraid of what the boy would think he when finally officially woke up Chanyeol took the idiot's way out. Closing his eyes and hoping that he could at least act asleep for when the younger awoke.

He heard the silent gasp Baekhyun let out when realising the position they were in, however he didn't feel an attempt to get out of his hold. He could feel Baekhyun's gaze bore into is side, his eyes slowly opening to see the bright brown eyes of the latter staring right back at him.

"You're quite warm you know that right?" Baekhyun voiced out, unable to turn his gaze away from the boy's eyes. Chanyeol felt his chest tighten as the idea of waking up with Baekhyun every morning crossed his mind before he could stop himself. He grinned and nodded his head as an answer, Baekhyun humming in response.

"I'm a werewolf, we're known for our warm bodies-"

"and for being comfortable too?" the vampire voiced out without much of a filter, his head turning so that his cheek pressed against his chest. Their staring match officially over which allowed Chanyeol to breath properly without having to worry about his body's lack of oxygen. He just hoped that Baekhyun couldn't hear his racing heartbeat.

"I mean I guess" the wolf shrugged, gently rising his hands from his side in order to pull the vampire closer to him (if that was even possible at this point), Baekhyun's sigh of content making Chanyeol crack a grin. "you know for a vampire you're quite warm yourself."

"It's the blood" Baekhyun announced, pulling the blankets higher so that they rested just below his chin. "it allows our body to function like humans, it gives us warmth a heartbeat which in turn is why we crave it so much. Interesting right?"

"Definitely" the wolf nodded, his hair making a soft against the pillow as he did so. Baekhyun's curious glaze turned and looked up at the boy whose eyes had turned to face the ceiling. The both of them were thinking about what happened last night, the kiss and their heated discussion afterwards that basically killed their mood as well as their hearts. It would surely make things that much difficult between them, but Baekhyun didn't want to go back to the way they were before. He couldn't stand the possibility of fighting with Chanyeol over things so small and idiotic again, he cared for the wolf and although he loved his touches and caring hugs there was no way he could willing give those up either.

"You hungry?" Baekhyun whispered, unable to stop himself from questioning. Chanyeol turned back to look at the vampire, he felt the hunger drive within him but for the first time in the past couple weeks that he had met Baekhyun, he was able to control the yellowness of his eyes. He dipped his head and Baekhyun nodded against his chest, either of them moved for what felt like centuries. Their bodies holding onto each other for the remining few minutes they had since it wasn't known when they would be able to do this again, or if they would even be able to communicate like this in the future. The thought unknowingly breaking Baekhyun's heart, but he knew that it was the better option. As long as Daehyun was still on his mind, Baekhyun would never be able to fully move on. He needed to accept everything that happened to him as well as accept the fact that even though he was all alone in the world he still had people looking out for him. Chanyeol was a distraction, a beautiful but dangerous distraction that Baekhyun wished would wait for him until he was ready, but the possibility of that happening was pretty slim to none. "What would you like?"

Chanyeol's chest halted with Baekhyun's head risen slightly taller than the rest of his body, he bit his lower lip awaiting the response. His eyes unintentionally closed in an attempt to hold his breath, Chanyeol's deep voice drifting towards his ears, the action making his chest once again go back to normal. "Anything is fine-"

"Great!" the vampire exclaimed, taking a deep breath before jumping up from the bed and fixing his clothing the moment he stood up properly. Chanyeol watched the boy take in the past couple moments they shared, his arms still raised in the air where Baekhyun's body had once settled. "I'll go and prepare something for us all to eat, you're welcome to use the shower again if you need it. I have large pants in the bottom drawer of my closet, feel free to use them if you want!"

Before Chanyeol could even get a word in the vampire had sped himself out of his bedroom and down the hallway, coming face to face with Sehun who was happily sipping on his orange juice per his arrival.

"I'm really going to have to get used to the fact that you vampires are sneaky creatures." he laughed, looking at the boy with wide eyes. Baekhyun watched amused as the wolf gently placed the glass back down on the island counter where it would cause less harm. "Are you okay Baekhyun? You seem quite jittery this morning-"

"Jittery what do you mean jittery? I'm not jittery!" the vampire shrieked, rolling his eyes at the blond haired wolf as he walked towards the fridge with a frown visible on his lips. Sehun stared at the back of the elder's head, a brow raised in question as his lips formed a thin line.

"Yeah sure" the wolf sighed with a roll of his eyes, at least for now he would let the latter think that he was believing him when in reality he could already call bull. "whatever you say Baekhyun."

"Seriously, I'm fine completely fine. I guess I just had a weird dream last night that's all-" he wasn't technically wrong, he did indeed have a nightmare that was quite difficult to forget so easily. But he knew that if he told Sehun the real reason to his sudden 'jitteriness' he would never hear the end of it, at least this way he wasn't lying but not fully telling the truth either.

"What happened in your dream?" the boy asked drawing the glass to his lips, his eyes never once falling from the vampire who pulled out some eggs from the cupboard as well as a blood box that Kyungsoo had generously filed for him only in their fridge. "It must have been bad if you're acting like this today."

"I got kissed by my ex boyfriend and it somehow sealed an agreement, he wanted to take me away from here and kill Ch- someone that I hold dear to my heart." Baekhyun admitted, the truth slipping through his lips like water. Just by getting it off his chest Baekhyun already felt like a weight had been lifted, maybe he should consider talking to Sehun more often.

"That sounds truly horrible" the wolf smiled sympathy laced within the gesture. "I shouldn't have pried I'm sorry Baekhyun." Before Baekhyun had the option to respond however, Luhan bounced into the room with a grin spreading across his lips when he saw Sehun sipping his orange juice.

"Good morning guys!" Luhan hummed taking a seat next to Sehun at the island, Baekhyun tossing a gaze at them from his spot in front of the stove. "Did you sleep well Baek?"

"I actually wanted to ask how you slept" Baekhyun instantly flipped the topic, his eyebrows wiggling in a suggestive manner. After all Chanyeol had been the one to give the Sehun had in his bag to Luhan and Baekhyun wanted to know if it had been put to use or not. "or if you even closed your eyes last night."

"Why wouldn't we have?" Sehun questioned, rising a suggestive eyebrow his gaze falling back to Luhan who seemed to be gazing into space. Baekhyun watched as the apple of his friend's cheeks blushed a beautiful pink rosy colour, a small giggle leaving his throat when Luhan quickly shook his head. "Am I missing something here?"

"Good morning Baekhyun, Luhan" Kyungsoo yawned his eyes still closed as he exited his bedroom, he must have retreated back to it during the night after both his and Jongin's movie night. "Oh hey Sehun!"

The wolf simply nodded his head in the warlock classed witch's direction unable to turn his gaze from Luhan who refused to look back at him. Baekhyun unfortunately couldn't help the soft puff of a laugh leave his mouth, his action gaining everyone's attention. Kyungsoo's gaze narrowing in his direction to which Baekhyun simply waved off mentally telling him to tell him later, although Luhan's state clearly spoke for him.

"I'm here too!" Jongin spoke up, scaring Baekhyun who stared at the lump on the couch with a glare. "Hearing Kyungsoo's voice first thing when you wake up should be considered heaven~" the boy teased, flashing the entire room a wide grin although his eyes were still closed from his sleepiness.

Luhan and Baekhyun shared a glance before turning to look at the wolf loitering on their couch, they're gaze fell to Kyungsoo whose cheeks lit up in response to his comment. Baekhyun couldn't stop his eyes from rolling not having to utter a word since Luhan seemed to be a step ahead of him already.

"Kyungsoo and heaven do not go in the same sentence!" Luhan hissed, speeding over to the wolf whose eyes doubled in size seeing the boy so close to him. "Jesus Christ what the hell did you two do last night?!"

"There was only one so who used it?" Chanyeol's deep voice echoed off the room walls making Baekhyun's eyes naturally shift to him, a small smirk on his lips as he gazed around the room. "I can smell in the air so which one of you was it?"

Sehun suddenly spit out his orange juice, his loud coughing fit drawing everyone's attention while Jongin had a mental breakdown on the couch. Baekhyun watched as both of his friend's faces lit up in embarrassment, his jaw dropping as he turned off the stove and walked towards them both.

"You cannot be serious?!" he yelled, turning from Luhan then to Kyungsoo who were unable to look each other in the eye. Worst case scenario would be that both of them had done the naughty and Baekhyun would have been completely out of the loop if it wasn't for Chanyeol. When it looked like no one would openly admit to it, Baekhyun decided that enough was enough. "Tell me, who was it?"

"I'd rather not" Kyungsoo announced looking up from the ground after what felt like an eternity. "I like my ears therefore I wouldn't want to ear the details-"

"Don't you dare try to pin this on me, I didn't do anything!"

"Neither did I!"

"Well one of you is lying" Chanyeol snickered, looking at both the vampire and the witch. His gaze only falling on Baekhyun for a moment before the heartbreak got the better of him and he turned away. "I can already tell which one of you it is since my friends aren't very good at hiding things from me."

" you Park!" Sehun yelled, glaring daggers at the eldest who simply shrugged his shoulders in return.

"Dude it was your , don't blame me!"

"Oh my gosh fine it was us!" Kyungsoo yelled throwing his hands up in the air, the shell of his ears were a bright pink as he turned to look at Jongin. The wolf hiding beneath the covers, his whimpering getting louder the more Kyungsoo spoke. "Luhan left the out on the counter last night after being in with Chanyeol and Baekhyun, Jongin and I started talking and one thing led to another and well-"

"Oh my Jisoos" Baekhyun gasped looking at his best friend with wide eyes, his body unable to register the information that he had been unwillingly given. "If they did that, then why do you look guilty too?" he asked looking at Luhan who seemed surprised about the sudden inclusion.

"We shared a kiss last night" Sehun admitted, his nervous fingers gently tapping on the rim of his glass. Baekhyun watching him closely before turning to look back at his friend, finding the sight before him quite adorable. Both Kyungsoo and Luhan were staring at Baekhyun with puppy eyes, their lower lips jutting out in a pout.

"We know them longer than you do Baek" Kyungsoo decided to announce the obvious, feeling like he had to explain himself for having doing such a dirty thing during the night. "It's not random-"

"Are you mates?"

"We haven't bitten them" Sehun was quick to respond, his head shaking from side to side as his eyes grew larger. "Although it looks like you have, what the hell happened to your arm?"

Instantly everyone's gaze turned to Baekhyun's left wrist, the arm that hadn't been healed from Chanyeol's bite last night. Baekhyun's eyes widened at the mark, his heartrate going through the roof at the size of it and how he hadn't have noticed it before.

"Who bit you Baek?" Kyungsoo wondered his eyes wide as he immediately grabbed his friend hand, before Baekhyun even had the chance to pull away.

"Nobody" he whispered, way too quickly.

"Let me see" Sehun said standing up, his hands brushing against each other as if to clear the dirt of them. Kyungsoo gently held on tight to the brunette's arm leaving Baekhyun no choice but to stay put. He allowed Sehun to twist his wrist so that the bite mark was on display.

"It's a werewolf bite!" Sehun gasped pulling my hand closer to him so that he could inspect it better, his eyes narrowing as his eyes locked with my own. "You let a wolf bit you?"

"So what?" Baekhyun hissed, harshly pulling his arm back from the sudden iron grip on his wrist. He stared at Jongin and Sehun who now stood side by side, watching him with intense eyes.

"You shared your blood with one of our kind?"

"Yes" He nodded. "Why does it matter?"

"It's just weird, it's never happened before" Jongin shrugged his shoulders, although it was obvious that he didn't seem to buy Baekhyun's story. Sure there were a lot of wolves in the school but he knew that Baekhyun only talked to them and their clan, no one else.

"No Baekhyun the thing you don't realize is how dangerous that can be!" Kyungsoo gasped, taking his friend's hand back into his grip. Baekhyun stared down at the lock on his arm then back to Kyungsoo his breath hitching as hunger coursed through him.

With one light push the warlock classed witch was shoved aside and Baekhyun was allowed to drink from the blood box to his heart's content, his eyes falling on Chanyeol whose gaze had fallen to the floor in guilt.

"Chanyeol were you the one to bite Baekhyun?" Luhan asked an eyebrow raised, the instant silence that followed was better than an answer.

"I would never let him bite me" Baekhyun hissed, hurt coursing through his veins as the memory of their conversation last night came back into his mind. He wanted to put distance between them again because he figured that it would result in an easier time to move on.

"What the hell is wrong with me Baekhyun?" Chanyeol growled, his own emotions taking a hit from the vampire's poison filled words.

"Well for starters your ing bipolar! You're angry one minute than your hungry the next! If you maybe didn't skip your meals you wouldn't have had to bite me last night!"

"You bit me back!"

"Because you were making me hungry!" I shot back watching as his eyes went wide. "You know I can't control my thirst!"

"Admit it last night helped you! You haven't been hungry since!"

"I'm hungry now you dip, but you on the other hand can't get enough can you." Baekhyun glared up at the giant. Tears filling both of their eyes as they both knew what he was trying to do. "You just want more and more of it! You can't even stand there when I was trying to save your from getting found out!"

That seemed to shut him up for the time being, giving Baekhyun enough time to grab his bag that had been placed by the door and leave.

"Where are you going?" the Alpha called out to him just as he was about to leave the dorm.

"To class because unlike you I actually need the space right now."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"I can't look at you right now!" he yelled, anger and sadness taking over.

"Baekhyun please don't do anything stupid" Luhan was quick to say his eyes widening at both Baekhyun and Chanyeol's tear stained cheeks.

Baekhyun stared at the boy behind him, his heart aching at the sight of him crying and sniffling because of him. But he knew that this was the best option, for both of them. Together they were toxic and would only hurt each other more, time and space was what they needed in order to grow into the better shape of themselves and maybe then they could consider getting together.

"Baekhyun please-" Chanyeol begged, his legs shaking as he took a step forward. The four other boys in the room watching the exchange in confusion, knowing that there was something underlining this conversation yet they just didn't know what.

"I'm sorry Chanyeol" he mumbled, his voice cracking as the door slammed closed. Chanyeol could feel the brick wall that they had broken down before, come crashing down on him. His lungs hurt as his legs gave way and he fell to the floor, his tears rolling off his cheeks only to collect on the floorboards supporting him.

Later~

"Chanyeol look at me" Jongdae begged holding onto his Alpha's shoulders like with one wrong move the boy would crack and there would be nothing that he could do to bring him back together again. "just admit it that you love him."

"Jongdae!" Minseok hissed, slapping the boy over the back of the head causing the wolf to whimper and clutch the oncoming bruise. "Keep nice!" he warned narrowing his eyes in the boy's direction.

"I don't know if I do" Chanyeol's broken voice was finally heard after hours of attempts to get him to talk. "and that's been what pisses me off. We said that we would be better off waiting until we were alright to be together, but when he walked out earlier on today.. I felt like my heart was breaking."

"Your addicted to him aren't you?" Tao chuckled, his panda eyes boring into Chanyeol's side profile.

"What?"

"You have the look" he laughed "Sure right now you look like a defensive puppy, but whenever you see Baekhyun your back straightens and your aura!"

"What are you going on about, my aura does not change!"

"Oh my goodness he's right!" Luhan squealed rushing over to Tao to have a high five, officially claiming him as the genius one of them all, Chanyeol didn't know what to do with that information.

"You actually love him!" Minseok screamed jumping up and dancing in glee.

"Hey..."

"We need to do something!" Lay laughed.

"What?"

"This needs to be perfect"

"HEY!" Kris yelled, Chanyeol holding his breath as he waited for his best friend to speak. However the words that came out weren't at all what he was expecting. "I'll get the balloons!"

"KRIS" he yelled watching the tallest laugh wholeheartedly.

"Look we may have noticed Chanyeol's feelings towards the small vamp but the idiot is too dense to realize so we have to back off and let him realize it alone"

"Hey I'm not Yixing I'm not dense"

"Your denser than Yixing at least he knows he's feelings!" Sehun blurted.

"He does" Suho grinned leaning forward and capturing the boys lips, Chanyeol mentally whining at the sight of the happy couple before him.

"Look stay away from Baekhyun until you figure out your feelings for yourself." Kyungsoo sighed, although he doubted that the Alpha would even be able to do that.

"But I don't want to do that" he spoke, not really knowing why he said that. Chanyeol decided there that he wouldn't stop his mouth from speaking words, as they seemed to be solely from the heart at this stage. "One thing I am sure about is that I like that vampire and I can't just not talk to him."

"Then just keep your distance, right now Baekhyun probably doesn't want to see you but just give him time, while that happens just figure out how you truly feel about him." Chen said before smiling clearly proud that he had said something useful for once.

"I don't want to hurt him anymore" Chanyeol whispered feeling tears prick his eyes yet again. "Last night was amazing for me and I wouldn't change it for the world it's just....I don't know!"

"Just give yourself some time Chanyeol, it's what Baekhyun is doing so why can't you?"

"But I don't want to, I want to be there beside him holding him close and whispering into his ear like always. I want us to have last night again, curled up in his bed watching Zootropolis while we snack on junk food and talk about stupid that probably has no actual use in the world. I want us to laugh at the fact that we thought Luhan and Sehun would be the ones getting it on and not Kyungsoo and Jongin, I want him by my side and I know that I'm going to die without it."

Everyone stared at the boy who they had known for years finally crumble, Chanyeol's player and Alpha walls finally crumbled to showcase the weak and vulnerable side of him which was never seen by them before. They watched and grieved as his head fell into his hands as he sobbed, unable to control or understand all the emotions and feeling he had coursing throughout his being. He didn't know what he wanted and he couldn't wrap his head around anything, he knew Baekhyun was only attempting to do a good thing for both of them. Allowing him to come to terms with the fact that he had been the one to cause Jessica's death, while Baekhyun would face his fear of Daehyun. But, Chanyeol didn't want that and deep down he figured that the vampire thought that way too. After all Baekhyun had opened up to him about Daehyun before which gave him the impression that he was seeking his help and comfort through the harsh time, now it had come back and hit him in the face. Baekhyun didn't want Chanyeol by his side to comfort him, Baekhyun didn't want Chanyeol by his side period. They both had different views on their situations and all Chanyeol could do was wish that the nightmare of his life would soon be over. Whatever feelings he had for Baekhyun were too good to be true...