Chapter 7

A Hundred Days Love

C h a p t e r   7


A  e    S  o  o

“Let’s take a break for a while.” Sehun pulls me to the balcony and offers me a seat. “Your feet hurts doesn’t it?”

“You noticed?” He nods and takes my shoes off for me. I blush. I never thought he would pay much attention to me when we’re busy playing couple with all the elders eyeing on me. We’re going around repeating the same line with Sehun telling them ‘Yes, I am now taking Ae Soo as my bride’ and me playing the lovable girlfriend. It’s hard though. I never dated someone before and I am just acting as how I’ve read it in books and watched it on TV.

“Just rest it for a while.” 

“M..Mm. Thank you Sehun.”

“It’s nothing. I never expected that we have to act this intense though. They are expecting too much.” He sighs and leaned on the wall as we rest. I chuckle.

“I know right? Especially the snake clan’s leader. I’ve never expected him to stare too much.” He laughs in agreement. “I’m sorry, I’m making you go through a lot.”

He looks at me this time and gives me a warm smile. “Don’t apologize. I chose this myself. It’s fine. Besides,” he reaches out his hand and pats my head. “I told you I’ll protect you right?”

Ah, there it is again. I think something’s really wrong with me. My chest feels tight and warm whenever he do this. I feel my cheeks getting hot. 

“Oh, there you both are!” I shake my head and snap out of the thought. Uncle approach us taking both of our hands. “They’re here!”

“Who’s here?” I ask.

“The Goblin clan!” Uncle pulled us with him. I noticed that everyone’s eyes are fixed on the people who are approaching the front door. So that’s the goblin clan huh- I clasp my hand on my chest when I feel uncomfortable all of a sudden. This feeling.. it’s the same as when I came out of my room earlier.

I feel a hand on mine and see Sehun holding it. I look at him and he gives me a nod. I nod back. A man walks close to us and hold out his hand. “Congratulations Sehun. I’ve heard everything.” This man... he's that person who took the necklace from me. He turns to me and grins. “Nice to see you again Ae Soo. I haven’t introduced myself properly right? I’m Lee Jonghyun. Oh, let me introduce you to someone-“ 

Before he finishes what he’s saying, Uncle steps in between us and places me behind him. “Uncle-“

“What do you need now?”

Jonghyun grins and laughs. “Now now, no need to be so harsh. I just wanted to introduce our heir to Ae Soo. Are you fogetting the times we spent together? It’s nice to have new friends once in a while. It’s a first that he came out in the public though.” He steps to the side. Everyone’s eyes were now fixed to the guy wearing a mask. It’s the same person! But what is this strange aura he’s giving us? “Introduce yourself Ae Ryu.”

He nods and bowed to us. “My name is Lee Ae Ryu. The heir to the goblin clan.” I turn to Uncle and he’s looking at Jonghyun with much disgust and hate. I wonder what happened to them. When I met eyes with Ae Ryu, I flinched. He’s eyeing me hard. 

“U..Um.. nice to meet you!” I smile at him and offered a handshake. He takes it and says nothing no more. 

“Oh right, Ae Soo our clan has recently opened a resort. I would like to invite you there. You can also bring your friends with you. I would like you to go there so as to congratulate you on your engagement. After all, you’re no stranger to us.” He gives me that chilling smile of his again.

“T..Thank you. We appreciate that.” 

“Well then, I hope that you enjoy the rest of the evening. I’m not not going to say good bye because after all, we’re going to meet again for sure.” He disappears from the spotlight but I think he just glared at me? I felt a squeeze on my hand. Sehun.

“Are you okay?”

“Yes! I am.” I smile at him and he smiled back. “I’m getting hungry. I’ll just go and eat something okay?”

“Alright.” 

“How about you?”

He smiles shaking his head and said that he’s good. I hurry to the buffet table and grab something to eat. I prefer to eat in peace so I get out of the hall and sat at the bench near the balcony. “Well, let’s eat!” I started munching on the food in my plate when I noticed Ae Ryu standing near the cherry blossom tree. “Hm? Why is he alone?” I take my plate with me and approach him. “Hello!” He turns hearing my voice but doesn’t talk. Ugh... I am getting a feeling that this guy hates me. The feeling is already sooo familiar to me. “Um.. why are you here alone? Have you eaten yet? If you want, you can take one of these!” I hand him a pork skewer and he just eye it. “Uh.. I guess not huh? Haha..” 

“It’s rude to take back something you’ve already offered.” I gasp when I hear his voice. 

“Oh! Well then here you go!” I smile as I watch him eat the skewer under his mask. “Why don’t you take the mask off? Isn’t it uncomfortable?” 

“I’m used to it.”

“I see..” I take a sit on the root of the tree and continued eating when I feel someone stare at me. I look up and meet eyes with Ae Ryu. “Is something the matter?”

“You’re not leaving?”

“Oh!” I stand. “Do you not want me here? I’m sorry! I’ll leave in an instant-“ when I was about to run off, he grabs me by my wrist.

“It’s not that. I’m just not used to having a company. Everyone hates me after all.” He sits at the ground this time and leaned on the tree. He just said everyone hates him. That’s much worse than me. I only have one person hating me... or so I am informed. How hard and lonely must it be for him. I take a seat next to him putting the plate on my lap. 

“Then, what do you say we being friends? Then that won’t be everyone right?” Even though half of his face is covered, I can tell he's surprised with what I said just now. I reach my hand out for him and smiled. “So? What do you say?”

“You know I’m from the goblin clan right?”

“Yes, you just introduced yourself back then right?”

“You’re weird.” He said but takes my hand and I shake it. 

“Then, we’re friends now!” I chuckle and he smiles. “What do you know? You can smile! That’s great.”

He shakes his head and continued to eat his skewer as we both eat in silence.

₰  ₰  ₰  ₰  ₰  ₰ 

Last night’s party went well surprisingly. I also made a new friend though I actually wanted to know more about him. Why that person took the necklace that Mom left for my powers to be sealed and why is it that when Ae Ryu came that night, he’s already nice to me like he knows me for a while? 

“Heave-ho!” I throw the other side of the blanket and hang it. When I do, I ran to the other side to hand it properly. “Oh boy, I still have three to go.” I chuckle at the work.

“Need help?” 

“Sehun!” He smiled back and helps me with the rest of the sheets.

“Are you hanging these alone? Where’s Mom?”

“Oh, I told her to take a break since it’s just laundry. I’m fine.” I smile and take another one and hang it again. When I was about to turn to the other side, Sehun grabs the other end for me and hangs it properly. “Oh, thank you.” He nods and continues working. I place clips to hold on the sheets from the wind when I noticed Sehun’s profile from the side. I didn’t know he’s so tall from before. I guess I’m just up to his shoulders huh? 

“Something wrong?”

“Huh? Oh nothing!” I let out a laugh. Gosh that was embarrassing! Why am I even staring at him? I shake off the thought and put my mind back at work.

“Oh right.” I turn to Sehun as he speak. “The hyungs told me to ask you if you would like to go with us tomorrow. We’re going mountain climbing.”

I gasp clapping my hands together. “Mountain climbing?! That sounds good! I’ll go!” We both hang the last sheet and I put the clips on it.

He smiles at me and pats my head. “Really? That’s great.” Oh my, there it is again, the sensation on my chest. 

“M..Mm.” 

“Well then, I’ll go on ahead. See you later.” I nod and watch him leave on the opposite direction from where I stand. Did he only stop here to help me? 

₰  ₰  ₰  ₰  ₰  ₰ 

“Oh no! I’m late!” I run as fast as I can to get to the kitchen. Apparently, when I told myself that I will just rest for a few minutes earlier back in my room, I ended up sleeping for an hour and now I overslept! I’m hoping I am not too late for the dinner preparations! I turn to the corner and bumped into something.. or rather, someone. I look up seeing Baekhyun.

“Oh! Baekhyun!”

“Oh? Ae Soo! You’re awake now?”

I let out an uneasy laugh. “Well yes. I overslept! Haha! Oh, are you all preparing for dinner already?” I look at him with the utensils on his hand. 

“Mm! But we’re just starting. You’re not too late.” He smiles and pats me in the head. 

“Great! Then I’ll head off then!” He nods and waves at me. I head to the kitchen and see Sehun helping his Mom. “I’m sorry! I slept too much!”

Ahjumma chuckles. “Don’t worry dear! It’s alright. Did you sleep well?”

“Yes! Now I’m ready to work hard again!” Ahjumma gives me a warm smile and we started preparing dinner. 

“Ae Soo, can you season the meat for me?”

“Alright.” I take out the meat and grab the salt then the pepper. “Oh?” I notice that the pepper container was almost empty. I turn to scan where the pepper is and see it at the top of the shelf. I walk closer and reach for it but it’s too high for me. “Ugh.. come on.. a little bit closer-“

“Is this what you need?” I gasp when I see another hand taking it for me.

I turn and smile. “Yes! Thank-“ I suddenly freeze seeing Sehun so close to me. We’re only inches away! I gasp and stepped away. Ugh, there it goes again! I wonder if something’s wrong with my chest lately? Am I sick?

“You okay?”

“Y..Yes!” I take the pepper from Sehun and went back to my place. I breathe out to calm myself. Whoa, I’ve been panicking whenever Sehun’s around lately. What’s wrong with me?

“Hm~” 

“Oh my gosh!” I gasp in surprise seeing Baekhyun in front of me as he grins. “S..Since when are you there?! You surprised me!”

“Oh I’ve been here for a while now. You’re just too focused on something~” he smiles playfully. Ugh, he’s messing with me again. 

“I see. Well if you’ve got that much time on your hands maybe you can help.” I shove him the salt container. “Here, help me season these all.”

“Eh? But-“

“You’re just making excuses for you to go back to your room and call those girls again right? Do something useful for the time being okay?”

“Ugh- you do realize I’m a lot older than you right?”

“I still respect you with how I talk so don’t worry.” I smile at him and he chuckles as he helps me. I notice Sehun’s watching us from the side. “Sehun? What’s wrong?”

“You forgot to tie your hair up again.” He said pointing at my hair. Oh right! I was on a hurry I forgot all about it. 

“Oh right, I forgot but I brought this with me this time!” I laugh and show him my elastic in my wrist. 

“Give it.” He walks close to me.

“Hm? Why?” I hand my wrist and look at him in confusion. He takes the elastic from my wrist and grabs a handful of my hair. 

“Close your eyes for a bit.”

“Wha-“ I gasp when his fingers touched my ear as he takes all of my hair out in my way and ties it up. “Wow, you tied it better than the last time.”

He smiles. “Yeah, I think I’m getting better at it.”

I chuckle. “Thanks!”

He nods and walks back returning to Ahjumma’s side to help her but I can see a playful look from a certain someone. “What?”

“Say Ae Soo, I know you and Sehun are playing pretend that you’re engaged and all but, are you dating for real now?”

I blink to process what Baekhyun said right now. We play couple whenever there are other people around, but we never reached an intimate point. “Wait, WHAT?!” My voice was too loud that it made ahjumma and Sehun turn to us. I laugh it off and say that it’s nothing. I turn back to him and shake my head. “No! We’re definitely not! He’s just being nice and all!”

“Hm.. really? Looks to me that Sehun likes you though.” 

I flush. “N..No! He can’t possibly like a plain girl like me! I bet he's more into girls who are pretty and all.” I chuckle. “He’s just being nice okay? That’s all.”

“Hm..” Baekhyun grins. “Then what about you?”

“What about m-“ I flush even more. Wait, why am I even flushing?! It’s not like I like Sehun or.. anything. 

“So you do?”

“No I don’t!” Baekhyun laughs. 

“Really? Oh well, if you say so~”

₰  ₰  ₰  ₰  ₰  ₰ 

Because of what Baekhyun said earlier while we were preparing dinner, my head has been a mess. I sigh. It’s no use for thinking about it. I walk back to my room after taking a shower and sat on my bed. I remove my hair from a bun and brush it. My eyes drop on the elastic that Sehun used to tie my hair earlier. Wait! Why am I blushing?! I look at my reflection in the mirror and I’m red as an apple. I hold my cheeks. 

“No, that’s not it.. it’s not!” Just then, a familiar sensation is starting on my chest again. I shake my head to forget about it. “Alright! Let’s just confirm it shall we?!”

I take my phone out. I never expected that I’ll be doing this in my whole twenty years of existence. I type out ‘how can you tell if you’re in love?’ an tap on search. I feel uneasy as I wait for the results. Just then, a number of items flashed on the screen so I just tapped on the first result that came out. 

“Let’s see.. It says ‘you notice his presence more than anyone.’” I stop and think. It’s not like I notice his presence more than everyone when we’re all together. Ha! In you’re face Baekhyun! I think this is easier than I imagine! 

“Next is ‘Whenever you see him, you just can’t stop staring at him.’” I ponder on the next item and remember what happened earlier. Well, I noticed that there’s something about him that makes him attractive. He’s taller than me and his smile is contagious- Oh my goodness what am I saying? N..No! That can’t be! 

“Alright! Next item! ‘You’ve been experiencing a fluffy and fuzzy feeling in your chest.’” I freeze at the next one and clutch my hand on my chest. It’s beating crazily right now. So that’s what it is? That’s why I’ve been feeling that sensation when Sehun’s near me? I gasp standing up and headed out of my room. I turn as many times as I can. I have to clear my head. Yeah, this just because Baekhyun told me that. Yeah, it can’t be! Mm!

“Wah! Whoa!” I fall on the ground but the thoughts are still there. “Ugh! This has to disappear!” I started running and bumped into the guy. 

“Oh! It’s Ae Soo!” That voice! I stop and run to Baekhyun. I grab his arm and chase after my breath.

“Make it stop!” 

“Hm? What is?” I turn realizing that we’re not alone. 

“Uh-“ I freeze when I met eyes with Sehun. God I’m being worse and worse! I pull Baekhyun to the side. “Because of what you told me earlier my head is a mess!”

“Hm? About what?”

“That...That I... about..” I can’t even say it. I’m going crazy really. “At any case that’s not it at all okay? I don’t feel that way! Goodnight!”

“Eh? Really huh?”

₰  ₰  ₰  ₰  ₰  ₰ 

Today’s the day that me and the guys will be going mountain climbing. Because my head has been a mess, I haven’t been able to sleep a wink at all. 

“Ae Soo? Are you alright?” 

I gasp. It’s Sehun! “Great, now I’m check for number one too..” 

“What was that?”

I flush shaking my head. “No! N..Nothing!” I chuckle. “I’m alright!”

“Is that so? You seem restless. Are you sure you can go today?”

“Yes! I am in a mood for mountain climbing right now!” Yeah, I can’t stay in my room or else I’ll think of more nonsense to say!

“Alright, let’s go.” I nod and follow him along to the car. Great thing I packed lunch for everyone today. I’m excited to let them try it. It’s the first time I did it after all. I get inside the van and sat near the window. I want to see the scenery on our way to the mountains! 

“Alright, everyone here?” 

“Huh? Chanyeol, you can drive?” I ask.

“Mm. Well, most of us can but they get crazy once they get ahold of the stirring wheel so they agreed that I should do it.” He laughs. 

“C..Crazy..” when we checked that every one is here, Chanyeol started driving. “Wow! I didn’t know we’re near the beach.”

“It’s tiring to get down those stairs so we usually don’t go out unless needed.” Sehun replied. 

“Is that so?” I smile looking at the view outside. It’s been a while since I last went out. This is so much fun! But.. the excitement is flying when I felt drowsiness hit me. Ugh, If only... I get enough.. sleep last night..


S e h u n

Ae Soo was smiling as she stare at the view outside until her eyes started fluttering. Is she drowsy? “Ae Soo?” I call for her name but she didn’t answer. “Whoa!” I grab ahold of her head before she hits the window.

“Is she sleeping?” Minseok hyung who’s seated me asked. 

“Yeah, looks like it.” I rest her head on my shoulder as she doze off and smile. She just got in the car but she slept right away. “Oh.” The sun ray will wake her up if this goes on. I took of my cap and place it on her so that her eyes won’t get blinded by the sunlight. “I guess that’ll do.” I lean on the seat. I think I’m starting to get drowsy myself too..


A  e    S  o  o

“Ugh..” I feel something in my head. I open my eyes and it’s dark. I gasp and sit up then grab the thing that’s in my head. “A cap? Wait, this is-“ I gasp when I see Baekhyun grinning in front of me. “Oh, are we here?”

“Yep. And you both doze off. We don’t want to ruin such precious moment.” He shows his phone to me. It’s me sleeping in Sehun’s shoulder and I’m wearing his cap?

“Since when did I wore his ca- wait! That’s me?!” I gasp and turn to my right seeing Sehun still asleep. “Oh my god.”

Baekhyun chuckles. “He didn’t want to wake you so he stayed seated but he ended up falling asleep too.” I flush looking down. Then I feel Sehun move.

“Oh, you’re awake...” he yawns and scratches his eyes.

 “I’m so sorry! I fell asleep without knowing it! I really am!” Sehun smiles and pats my head.

“It’s fine. Let’s go?” He gets off his seat and leaves the car ahead. I turn to Baekhyun and he follows with a huge grin on his face. He’s really enjoying this isn’t he?!

We started climbing the mountain. I apologize to everyone for dozing off but they just laughed it off and said that it’s okay saying that they think I need a rest once in a while. I sigh as I follow them from behind just then, Baekhyun appears on my side.

“Hello there~”

I sigh. “Please, no more teasing. I’m so drained with embarrassment.”

Baekhyun laughs and pats me on the back. “But now you realize it right? You do like him.”

I stop and sigh again. “I don’t okay?”

“Say Ae Soo, why do you think it’s wrong for you to like him?”

“Why you say? It’s because-“ I freeze not knowing what to say. Why do I hate to say that I might like Sehun? I turn to Baekhyun and he smiles. “I..I don’t know.”

“Are you afraid that he might not like you back?” I gasp with Baekhyun’s words before I know it, I missed a step and feel light all of a sudden. “AE SOO!”

Oh, I’m afraid to admit it because I’m afraid he doesn’t feel the same way.. so I.. I really do like Sehun after all.