Chapter 6

A Hundred Days Love

C h a p t e r   6


S  e  h  u  n

“I’ll do it.” I don’t know why I said those words. I’m not the type to help people if I don’t see the benefit from it but I’m doing it. I am agreeing to take Ae Soo as my temporary bride. 

Ae Soo gasps looking at me. “But Sehun that’s-“

“It’s not like I have someone in mind for a bride. Besides, it’s only temporary. We’ll just be pretending to be a couple until everything settles down.” Dad smiles giving me a nod. 

“Then, now that you both have agreed to this, I will now explain what will happen.” Kang Joon ahjussi said then faces Ae Soo. “I haven’t told you this yet but, ever since your powers awakened, your one hundred days is now starting. Considering that it’s the third day from the incident, you now have ninety-seven days left before you fully awaken as a Gumiho. When that happens, this temporary engagement will end. This will only serve as a protection for you Ae Soo, being Sehun’s bride.” He faces me this time. “Now Sehun, you understand that your decision holds a lot of consequences right? You shall vow to protect Ae Soo even if it costs you your life.”

“Uncle!” Ae Soo gets worked up but I nod. She shakes her head no and grabs on my sleeve. “No, you don’t really have to risk your life for me okay? Just pretending will be enough Sehun-“

I smile patting her head. Above all things that I see her do, I hate her worrying face and being sad the most that’s why I don’t want her to look at me like this right now. “I’m stronger than you think. I’ll be okay Ae Soo.”

“But-“

“He’s right.” Joonmyeon Hyung said. “But he’s not the only one who’ll be protecting you Ae Soo. We’re here too. That’s why we’re here. We’ll protect you both.” 

I smile at Hyung and turn to Ae Soo once again. “Hear that?” She frowns but gives me a nod. “Then don’t worry anymore okay? Everything will be alright.”

Even though I’ve said that, ever since that talk that we had, Ae Soo still has been out of it. Just like now, she’s holding her arrow the wrong way and she’s spaced out. “She lost it huh?” Baekhyun hyung said as we stare at her. 

Ae Soo wanted to train archery again saying that she at least wanted to defend herself. So we all agreed, but at this point, there’s no getting anywhere. I sigh walking towards her and grab her arrow. She jumps in surprise. “Oh, hi.”

“Are you trying to kill yourself with this pointed at you?”

“Huh?” She realizes what she’s doing and let out an awkward laugh. “I’m sorry..”

I sigh. “Come here for a second.” I pull her back from the center and sat on the floor. She looks at me in confusion but I gestured for her to do the same. “Now breathe.”

“What’s this all of a sudden?”

“Just do as what I told you. Breathe in,” she nods and inhaled. “Now breathe out.” And exhaled. I grab her hand moving to her wrist and feel her pulse. “Again. Breathe in, breathe out.” I feel her pulse again. Now she’s calm. “There we go.”

She chuckles. “You’re good at comforting people are you?” I nod and stand from my seat. “Thank you.”

“It’s nothing.” When I go back to my position, I sense that the others are staring at me. “What?”

Baekhyun hyung walks to me and places his hand one on my forehead and the other on his. “Well, he’s not sick Hyung.” 

“Really? Then is he really Sehun?” Joonmyung Hyung replied.

“What are you all getting at this time?”

“You are kind. To Ae Soo.” Chanyeol Hyung pointed at Ae Soo who’s now all better shooting her arrows. 

“Hmmmm... I sense something~” Baekhyun hyung grins.

“Same here!” Jongdae Hyung added. I shake my head ignoring them and aimed my arrow at the target. “Say Sehun,” I continue to ignore them because I know this will get nowhere again with their nonsense babbling. I know they’ll just tease me in the end. When I was about to fire my arrow, “Do you like Ae Soo?”

“Ah-“ My arrow missed. I gasp. That was a first. I never missed an arrow. I turn to Hyung giving him a look. “I see you’re spouting nonsense again.”

“Hahaha! But you missed that arrow just now Sehun!”

“Yeah! You obviously got worked up!” Jongin added. 

“That’s because I’m just surprised. Why am I being interrogated again?”

“Obviously, they’re just curious. Would you even agree to that if it’s for another girl? What if it’s someone else other than Ae Soo? Would you have agreed?” Kyungsoo Hyung asked. 

“I don’t think so.” I reply.

“Then you agreed because it’s Ae Soo?”

I stop to think. “I think so.”

“You think so?” Hyung looks at me in confusion. “I thought you’re a quick one but it seems to me like it’s the opposite.”

“I lost you. What was that?” Kyungsoo Hyung fired his last arrow and sighs.

“I’m done here. I played my part.” He sits on the corner and have his tea. Suddenly, the other Hyung’s started to giggle as they look at me. What was that all about?

₰ ₰ ₰ ₰ ₰ ₰ 

Walking back from my stroll, I see Ae Soo sitting by the pond as she plays with the cherry blossom petals on the water. I smile as I look at her from afar. I’m glad she’s alright now. “Ah!” She suddenly stand and runs back where she tripped.

“Oh, Ae Soo!” I run to her and she turns seeing me. 

“Sehun! What are you doing here? You’re not sleeping yet?”

“I’m taking a walk.” I grab her ankle to take a look. “It’s fine but, your arms are bruised.”

She laughs. “Well, I used it to avoid my hands getting bruised.”

“You know, one wrong move and you might break your bones instead don’t you?”

She chuckles this time. “Yeah, sorry. I suddenly remembered that I made charms for everyone and I forgot to give you yours earlier so I was supposed to go to my room to get it.”

“A charm?” She nods.

“Yes, I saw small pouches while I was cleaning earlier so I thought of making charms for everyone. I already gave theirs and forgot to give yours since you left earlier than usual though.”

“Then I’ll take it now.”

“Oh but I don’t have it yet.”

“I’ll walk with you back to your room.”

“Wouldn’t that be out of your way back to yours though?” I laugh. She’s being so persistent. 

“It’s fine. I’m afraid you’ll trip again if I don’t keep you in my sight.”

She smiles. “Alright then!” When we reach her room, she fiddles on her stuff and takes a small pouch then walks back to me. “Here you go. I placed cherry blossoms inside for you. I placed different flower petals for each of you all.” I open the pouch seeing petals inside. 

“Why cherry blossoms for me?”

“I heard somewhere that it gives power to some people so I think it would be better giving you that so you won’t get hurt.”

I smile. She’s still that preoccupied with that huh? I grab her hand and search for a first aid kit on her room taking it with me then start tending to her wounds. “Say Ae Soo.”

“Hm?”

“Remember what you told me back then? That I’ll eventually find something that I wanted to protect.”

“Hm? Oh yeah! Have you found it?” I finish placing ointment of her bruise and look at her. 

“Yeah, you.”

“W..What?” I smile and ruffle her hair. 

“I’ll protect you with my life and I decided on that so I don’t want you to feel like you’re burdening me or anything okay?”

“Sehun...”

“I’m going now. See you tomorrow.” I walk back to my room but the moment I reached mine, I feel something weird on my chest. “That’s weird. I didn’t run. Why is my heart like this?”

₰ ₰ ₰ ₰ ₰ ₰ 

A  e     S  o  o

After putting my hair up to a bun, I head out to the kitchen to help for the morning preparation. When I was about to get half way there, I felt something or rather someone watching me. I turning scanning the surrounding but I see no one. “That’s odd..”

“Hm? Ae Soo.” 

“Sehun!” I smile and approached him. “Good morning!”

He smiles. It’s nice to see that he’s smiling often now. I just wish he can talk more though. “Good morning. Did you sleep well?”

“Mm! Are you headed to the kitchen?”

“No. I was on my way to Mom’s room since she asked for us to go there. Aren’t you going there too?”

“Oh I thought she’s in the kitchen preparing for today’s breakfast though.”

“Haven’t you received her message?”

“Message-“ I gasp. “Oh, I don’t often use my phone nowadays so.. well, shall we go together then?” He nods. Come to think of it, my relationship with Sehun is well now compared to when we first met. He almost strangled me to death. I chuckle at the thought.

“Ae Soo?”

“Oh, it’s nothing. I just remembered how you used to hate me when we first met.”

“Wha- I didn't hate you back then okay? I was just being cautious..“ he stops walking and I think...he’s blushing? “You know, there are some things that should be forgotten..”

I giggle. “Well you’re the one who asked for it Sehun.” He sighs and ruffles my hair.

“Silly girl.” The moment he smiled at me, I felt something weird going on in my chest. Whoa. What was that? “Ae Soo?”

“Huh?” I flush and looked down. “I..It’s nothing! Let’s walk faster okay?”

When we reach Ahjumma’s room, the other guys are there already. “Hm? I didn’t know that the Hyungs will be here too.”

“Oh just sit down you two! This will be one exciting news you see!” Baekhyun pulled us down and grins. I wonder what the news is.

“Okay so.. I really am not expecting for this but your Mom insisted Sehun.” Ahjussi started talking. “And I think she has a point so I agreed. Well, not that I can say no to the things that she say..” ahjussi mumbled the last part. Ahjumma clears and he chuckles. I smile. They’re such a cute couple. “So um, there will be an engagement party this evening.”

“A what?” “Come again?” Sehun and I said in unison.

“Yes! An engagement party!” Ahjumma clap her hands together and look at us in excitement. “I heard that the elders of the other clans were in an uproar after the announcement that Sehun will take you as a bride Ae Soo. So, if we’re going to make pretend, we should make the most of it right?”

“Wait, Mom!” Sehun sits up. “Isn’t this too much?”

“Eh? But I’m also thinking of your reputation Sehun. If people finds out that this is all pretend, won’t that be bad?”

I gasp. She’s right. Sehun’s also doing this for my sake so I should at least do this for him right? “Alright ahjumma! If this is for Sehun’s sake then I should return the favor right?”

“No Ae Soo, you don’t have to do this-“

I shake my head. “No, you agreed to take me as your bride temporarily to protect me so I should at least do this! I’m alright with it if you are.”

“See? Ae Soo agrees to it too Honey!” 

Sehun sighs. “Alright then.. I guess I have no other choice..” Just then, I heard gasps from behind us. It’s the guys.

“Whoa, Sehun agreed?” 

“I know right. But don’t you think that he’s like a guy giving in to his mom and his girlfriend’s wishes?”

“Yeah, looks like it.”

I laugh their comments off and I didn’t realize what I just put myself into. After breakfast, the whole mansion was in an uproar as they get busy for the preparation at night. Everything is just in a spur of a moment and I’m worried if it will go well. Ahjumma told me that we’ll be going to buy a dress for me this evening. And now, this is already our fifth store. I just hope that we’ll find the dress that ahjumma will approve of. 

“Oh! Here Ae Soo! I think the mustard color will fit your complexion better! This is nice don’t you think?”

I smile as I look at the dress. It’s an off-shoulder dress and it’s simple but pretty. “The dress is pretty. But will it suit me though?”

Ahjumma chuckles. “Oh dear, never worry about that! You have plenty of pretty on your sleeve okay?” I blush at her compliment and she pushes me to the fitting room. When I put the dress on, I was surprised to see how the dress looked so good. “Are you done? Let me see!”

“Um.. okay.” When I come out of the fitting room, she gasps and takes out her phone. 

“Stay there okay?” She calls someone in there phone. “Kang Joon!” Uncle? She called him? 

“Noona, you already sent me sixteen dresses that Ae Soo tried. Isn’t about time that you both decided on something already? Besides, anything would look great on my niece!” I sigh in agreement. Ahjumma’s standards is just so high that none of the dresses that I tried earlier satisfied her.

“Oh shut it! Look at her! Doesn’t she look so pretty in this dress?!” She focuses the camera on me. I feel a little shy though. I’m not used to things like this. 

“Ae Soo?! Is that you?” I hear Uncle shout at the other end.

“Um..yes.”

“Noona! That’s the dress!”

“I know right? Alright! We’ll get this for her!” Ahjumma grabs me by hand and I immediately pick up my things inside the fitting room. 

“Wait, shouldn’t I change back first?!”

“No! We have no time for that dear! You will be the prettiest girl this evening!” We paid for the the dress at the counter and immediately ride the car back to the mansion. We hurry to her room and she takes out all the beauty products that she has. “Alright, I’ll do your hair first!”

“Um.. okay.” Ahjumma brushes my hair first then started braiding it to one side. Afterwards, she applies make up on my face.

“There we go. You don’t need that much make up though.”

I chuckle. “I really haven’t placed make up on my face before.”

“You don’t have to. You’re pretty as is Ae Soo. But today is special so you have to make it extra.” I laugh. She shows me my face in the mirror. I almost didn’t recognize myself.

“Whoa.”

“I know right? You look nice honey!” 

“Thank you ahjumma.” We hear a knock on her door and it opens. 

“Ma’am, it’s time already~”

“Oh, Baekhyun! Great timing. We just finished. Can you take her to the hall?”

“Yes!” Baekhyun walks inside dressed formally. Whoa, he looks great. He smiles at me and offers his hand. “Shall we?” I nod taking his hand. “You look beautiful Ae Soo.”

“Thank you. I can say the same.” I smile. 

“Why thank you! Now what do you say? Care to be my bride for real instead?” I chuckle at his joke. 

“I appreciate the offer but I already have a lot on my plate.”

“Aw, another flat rejection huh?” I laugh. We reach the hall and I can see the some of the guests are already here huh? 

“Ae Soo.” I turn at the familiar voice. But as soon as I see Sehun, I think my body froze. He looks..handsome. He smiles and approach me. The gray suit really matches him. “I guess Mom worked hard. You look beautiful.”

I flush. “Y..You too! You really look good Sehun!” He chuckles.

“Thank you.”

“Ahem? I am right here you two?”

“You look decent tonight too Hyung.” 

“What do you mean tonight? Are you saying I often don’t look decent?!” I chuckle.

“Oh! Ae Soo! You look beautiful in that dress!” Jongdae said as the other guys arrive together. 

“Yeah, you look nice.” Joonmyung added.

“Thank you.”

“Ae Sooooo!” Uncle runs to me and hugs me tight. “My niece really looks really beautiful tonight!” I chuckle. 

“Uncle, you’re over reacting again.”

“I am not!”

“Time to head in you all.” Ahjussi approached us. 

“Ae Soo.” Sehun calls me and reaches out for my hand. I freeze as soon as his fingers met mine. “We should act like a couple tonight right? Let’s do our best for each other’s sake.”

I smile nodding. “Mm! Don’t worry! I won’t let you down!”

He chuckles. “Don’t force yourself too much. Let’s enjoy this as much as we can okay?”

I smile as we both entwine our fingers together but we’re unmindful of what this night will do for the rest of our lives.