Chapter 20: New Beginnings

Notice Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minju's birthday is coming up and finals is almost over so the girls decided that it's time to celebrate. They prepared a party at Minju's house. They bought pizza and chicken while Chaeyeon and Eunbi baked a caked for her. Yujin and Wonyoung were the ones to decorate the place while Yena and Yuri brought movies for them to watch later on. Hyewon on the other hand got her hands on the food already while hanging around in the living room.

"Sakura unnie, how long have you been dating Chaeyeon unnie?" Minju asked while she helps prepare the table. Sakura looks up and stop to think for a while. "I think it was a few months after we graduated high school although we know we've liked each other since I transferred here," Sakura answered. She smiled at the memory of shy Chaeyeon giving her a boquet of red roses accompanied by a letter after the graduation ceremony.

"So you were high school sweet hearts?" Yujin popped in. She came into the dining area after cleaning up the mess. "You can say we are," Sakura replied. "You two call the others, I'm going to get the cake," Sakura told them. Yujin took the initiative to do this while gesturing Minju to just sit down. 

Minju flinched when she heard someone knock on the backdoor. She looked to see who it was by opening the curtain and a smiling Chaewon showed up. She's holding a bunch of balloons while Nako and Hitomi stood at her side. She let them in without a doubt. Nako and Hitomi ran inside to meet Wonyoung while Chaewon laughed at them.

"You know there's the front door for a reason," Minju said upon welcoming them. The message is more directed to Chaewon though. The older girl snickered and shrugged. "You're also my neighbor for a reason, it was closer since we still had to drop something off at my house," Chaewon said while removing her coat.

"What's with the balloon anyway?"

"Well it's your birthday and I thought you'd like it," Chaewon says. She let go of the balloons all at once and let it hover above them. "Plus why are you here anyway? Shouldn't you be resting or some sort upstairs?" Chaewon complained. She looked around the place before stopping in front of bunch of polaroid pictures hanging on the wall.

"Well I found out about the surprise early this morning because why would Yujin and Wonyoung pop up all of a sudden carrying a box filled with decorations? I just decided to help since I got nothing to do," Minju shrugged. "Yujin had called the others and Sakura unnie is just getting the cake," Minju added. 

Sakura emerged from the kitchen carrying Minju's cake. The candles are all lit and ready to be blown. Soon, Yujin and the rest came up singing happy birthday to her. Minju smiled in awe at the way they sing the song. It's been a while since she heard it too and it made her want to cry.

"Happy birthday Minju!" They all said unison. 

Chaewon who's standing behind her slung her arm over her shoulder. "Go blow the candles," she whispered. Minju felt warmth, the same warmth that used to make her heart go crazy. The same warmth only Kriesha could make her feel. She shrugged it off and blowed the candle instead. 

"Let's go eat!" Hyewon screamed after all the candles are blown.

Minju laughed at this but then everyone proceeded to get their plates. She eyes them joyfully, it felt nice to know you have friends with you during times like this. Although she noticed that everyone is enjoying the food except one particular person. Intead of holding a plate of food, Chaewon is standing in the corner beside Yujin while holding a cup of soda. Minju went up to her.

"Why aren't you eating?" Minju asked.

"Ah, I already ate on my way here. Truth to be told I have to get going soon since I still have to do something for the student council," Chaewon answered. "I just wanted to drop the two kids," Chaewon points at Nako and Hitomi. "And of course to greet you," she finishes. 

"It's the weekend anyway, can't you just stay?" Yujin heard their conversation without a doubt and decided to in. Chaewon looked at her reluctantly. "The principal would kill me if I don't finish the files regarding the student profiles by Monday," Chaewon said. Yujin looked at Chaewon and showed her a put. Chaewon simply snickered and Yujin stopped.

"If that's the case then let's just tell them first," Yujin said.

"Ah no need, I don't want to kill off the mood," Chaewon stopped her.

"Well, okay I'll send you off." Yujin placed her food on top of the counter, ready to see Chaewon off. Minju kept silent all throughout the exchanges of words between the two girls. She's thinking whether she should do something or not. She finally made a decision when they're about to exit the dining area. 

She rushed out, it was a good thing only Sakura noticed it since everyone is busy with the food. She gave Minju a knowing look before Chaeyeon called for her attention. Minju ignored the look Sakura gave her and focused on making Chaewon stay.

"Stay Chaewon."

To Chaewon it sounded so unsure and insincere. She even ignored it and put her attention back to Yujin instead. "You better tell her today or it would make things complicated," Chaewon reminded Yujin. She's already wearing hear coat while Yujin assists her. "I'll try," Yujin replied back.

"Chaewon stay," Minju repeated. 

Chaewon rolled her eyes and wore her beanie. She's about to turn the door knob when Minju called for her again. This time it sounded firm and serious. Chaewon couldn't just ignore it.

"Chaewon please stay."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter