Chapter 13: Untold Secrets

Notice Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yujin ran as fast as she could. She wants to be away from all the confusions, troubles, unknown feelings. She wants to be away from Wonyoung. All of these started because of the simple words some stranger had written on a piece of wood. Those words ignited something in Yujin's heart that she can't comprehend at all. 

She had this tingly feeling in her heart that makes her irritable. Every mention of that "tall kid" makes her want to throw out the person who said it out of the room. She felt uncomfortable, restless, and lost. This is not her, this is not how Ahn Yujin acts when someone tells their feelings out loud to a person. If it's the Yujin she knows then she would be proud of that brave soul who finally said their true feelings but somehow, when it's Wonyoung who is at the receiving end of the confession she felt suffocated. 

Wonyoung is her best friend for more or less than a decade. The girl is beautiful, intellectual, kind, crowd-person, in short she's the perfect person. These traits contradict most of Yujin's but still they complemented each other very well. Also with these traits, it wouldn't take long for someone to tell that they have a small crush on her. It should be normal but it's not for Yujin, she's not too happy about it. 

For her, Wonyoung is her dear princess. Someone she cares for and protects at all cost. The supposedly number one in her priority list, well next to the one who holds her heart. Everything was normal, she had blooming crushes, middle school is going well,  and athletics practice is very fun to her, but within a snap everything had changed. She doesn't know how and when, but one day she just felt like maybe Wonyoung should really be the number one in her priority list. 

She felt the rambling butterflies inside her stomach each time Wonyoung looks at her, smiles at her, waves at her, just anything that the younger girl do even without context. She felt so much happier when with Wonyoung, more than with Minju, her supposedly crush. Then it struck her, Wonyoung suddenly weighs more in her heart than Minju. It scared her, she wants to keep her distance but she can't. 

Wonyoung is like a magnet, she keeps pulling Yujin towards her. But just like any metalic trash, things get attracted to Wonyoung. Doah and Jiheon appeared all of a sudden, and it's too much for Yujin to handle. The sudden urge to fight back against Wonyoung's magnetic pull came back but she just can't. 

She's scared more than ever. She's stuck all of a sudden. She doesn't want anything to change but it feels like something has to. Maybe this is the change.

Yujin finally got tired of running. She stopped in the middle of the road. Unlucky her, snow began to fall. She looked up and stared at how the mesmerizing white snow fall over her. 

"Ya! Are you trying to kill yourself?" 

Yujin stares at the person who pulled her away from the ground. She had this incredulous look on her face that says how much she can't believe this person did for her. Jiheon stood in front of Yujin, her ears are so red, teeth are gritting, and she could see nerves building up in her neck.

"What has gotten into you to suddenly stop in the middle of the road?!" She shouted at her. Suddenly she's finally aware of what's happening. She looks around and blushes at how stupid she might have looked.

"I-I'm sorry," Yujin mumbles.

"You're really dumb," Jiheon grumbles.

If it's the usual Yujin, she would have argued back. Defended herself that she's not but she isn't, she's not who she wants to be right now. She just ing said her feelings out loud and she ran away, there's no way she would be her usual self that soon. Jiheon finall

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter