Chapter 17: Idle Minds

Notice Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The scent of freshly made hot cocoa and pancakes awoken Yujin. She shifted her body towards the smell. Not accustomed to the place she fell, face first. A loud "thud" can be heard across the whole room which most probably why Nayoung came to her aid not a minute longer.

"Ouch," Yujin winced. She's holding her forehead. She assumes that it will start to swell up. Nayoung confirmed this to her as she aids the younger girl to sit back properly.

"I should get you some ice," Nayoung mumbles.

"I think that's a great idea," Yujin agrees.

Nayoung left Yujin by herself to get some ice. While Nayoung's gone, the room to her door opened. It revealed Doah who is stretching her arms as she goes out. She stopped midway though after seeing that Yujin is still there and seemingly hasn't vacated the place since last night. She was about to nag regarding Yujin's sleepover but halted when she saw that Yujin's forehead is really swelling.

"What the hell happened to you?" Doah asks. She invades Yujin's personal space and take a closer look at her injury. Truth to be told, Doah is really nice. They could have been friends with each other if their hearts don't scream the same name.

"I fell," Yujin mumbles. Her cheeks reddened with embarassment. Doah didn't notice this though and focused more on the idea that this could really be bad for Yujin. 

"I'm gonna get you ice," Doah says. 

Yujin shook her head and pointed at the direction of the mini kitchen to indicate Nayoung's whereabouts. "Nayoung already went to get me one," she explaied further. Doah understood and finally took a step back.

"You've been having tough luck eh?" Doah teased. Yujin shrugs, she doesn't really believe in luck that much. Nayoung came right after that, handing the ice bag to Yujin. She had left the two of them immediately to talk to each other, hopefully they'd be civilized enough.

"I dunno."

"Did Wonyoung talk to you?"

"She did and she also said she likes me but then she slammed the door on my face."

Yujin sighs as she thinks about the scenario last night. Wonyoung slammed the door really hard this time. She wonders if the girl would open up again, literally and figuratively. 

"Well are you going to give up just like that?" Doah asks. Yujin straighted up her back and gave a firm answer to her. "No. I may be a coward but am not a loser," she says. Doah smiled a bit then nodded her head. She finally stood up and helped Yujin to get back on her feet. 

"Well, she likes you. I'm not a loser but I'm not dumb as well. I know when to give something up and when not to. This time, there's no battle to be fought. She's all yours Ahn Yujin." 

Doah weakly smiled at her. Yujin who still has the ice bag in her right hand, grabbed Doah and hugged her tightly.

"Thank you," she muttered.

"Just don't let her down again."

"Don't worry, I won't anymore."

_____

Yujin had no choice but to return back to her room. She stayed in Wonyoung's hotel room for another two hours but the girl just won't come out despite Nayoung and Doah asking her to nonstop. She left with a frown but promised that she'd be able to talk to Wonyoung soon so they get to fix this. Doah and Nayoung rooted for her in whatever decision she made as long as it makes Wonyoung happy.

She returned back to her room to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter