Chapter 12: Yielder

Notice Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The news about Wonyoung and Jiheon winning the science quiz bee brought joy to all students in the school. The principal even granted all the students to have the day off and welcome the two winners warmly once class resumes the next day. Although, Wonyoung and Jiheon along with the other three students who came with them to competition were asked to come report to the school before going home. 

"Wow, they really cancelled all the classes." Chaewon looks around the corridor. Minju took notice of this and hummed in agreement. "I wish they do this too when the athletic team brings gold medals," Yujin whines. Wonyoung chuckles with the way Yujin slumps her shoulder and pouts.

"I heard that the principal might do that soon. She plans on being more open and supportive with the extra curricular activities," Chaewon said. Yujin's pout is now turned into a big grin. She's the most active one as they make way to the Principal's office. She even tugs Minju's hands and skips like a kid. Chaewon is following behind them, suddenly all too quiet.

"I still don't know what made you like her," Jiheon mumbles. They're purposely walking behind all of them. It's Jiheon's idea since she wants to talk with Wonyoung. The younger one can't do anything about it, Jiheon is quite persistent about opening this topic while in school even if it's dangerous. "She's like a kid you know. Always jumping around, whining, picking fights, stealing food, acting arrogant, and a bunch of weird other stuff," Jiheon adds.

"She has her good sides. She can be a bully most of the time but she's nice." 

Jiheon stops walking and Wonyoung copied her. "What's with her picking fights all the time though?" 

Wonyoung walks again before she answers her. "I don't know what's with her lately either. Yujin is not always like that. She's more of a happy-go-lucky type. She doesn't care much unless it's someone she really loves who's at stake," Wonyoung shrugs.

"Does that mean she loves you?"

Wonyoung blushes at Jiheon's statement. Suddenly the whole area is too warm for her liking. Her mind is filled with hope again but she dismissed it right away.

"What? Of course not. Why would you think like that?"

"You said she only cares about people she loves. She gets in a fight with me and it's all because of you." Jiheon points out. Wonyoung looks down and thinks about it. It's quite obvious about why Yujin is like that. She knows about it very well she just doesn't want to say it.

"It's quite obvious y'know," Wonyoung quietly says. Jiheon faced her and her eyebrows are creased. "I'm her best friend, she thinks I'm her responsibility. She's quite territorial too so she doesn't like it when her friends are with people she doesn't really know." Wonyoung finishes with a sigh. 

"Wow you can be dumb sometimes," Jiheon mumbles.

"Yah! You two walk faster!" Chaewon calls for them. They're all waiting in front of the principal's office but couldn't get in because of the two. Wonyoung looks up and she then sees Yujin with an annoyed look like Chaewon's. She then looks to the right to ask why Yujin and Chaewon are like that but Jiheon only gave her a shrug. The two walked faster though, not wanting to anger them anymore.

Chaewon knocked on the door for them. The principal let them in right after hearing it. She offered them to sit and all five of them didn't bother declining. They sat on the couch place at each side of the principal's desk. Jiheon and Wonyoung took the right one and Yujin followed after them while Minju and Chaewon took the left. 

"First off I should congratulate the two of you for winning the competition despite the short notice," the principal began. She leaned back on the chair and showed a smile. Jiheon and Wonyoung bowed feeling very thankful for the praise they received. "Just like what Ms. Kim promised, the both of you will be excused for the final examinations," she added.

"Thank you very much Principal Lee," Jiheon bowed. 

"We feel grateful," Wonyoung added.

"You deserved it," Principal Lee finished. She nowtransered her sight to Chaewon. "Student Council President," she called.

Chaewon became alert. "Yes Principal Lee?"

"You did well reporting to me when I couldn't be there to show support."

Chaewon smiled because she's also praised. "It was my duty as student council president and they're also my schoolmates," she said. Principal Lee smiled at Chaewon's response. The principal then looked again at her left side and is focused on Yujin.

"As for you Ms. Ahn, I expect that you took a lot of great pictures."

"I did, Principal Lee," Yujin smiled and showed her camera. "I hope that Ms. Kim will use it wisely for the article she'll be publishing," Principal Lee then looks at Minju. She's quite pale and out of focus, Chaewon had to tap her on the thigh so she could say something back. "I will Principal Lee," she mutters. 

"Well then off you may go. I don't want to hold you kids back anymore," Principal Lee excused them.

Chaewon was the first to sta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter