Chapter 25: Serene

Notice Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Yujin and Wonyoung were pushed inside an empty classroom. It’s a Saturday so only the student council is around. Jiheon had plenty of room to choose from. She chose Wonyoung’s classroom last year and literally locked the two inside.

“I didn’t know she really meant what she said yesterday,” Wonyoung grumbles.

Yujin looks at her best friend in a perplexed manner. Wonyoung notices this and begins explaining about what Jiheon told her yesterday. Yujin chuckled softly and Wonyoung grinned. 

“She’s really something.”

“She is.”

Yujin sighs and Wonyoung’s grin drops.

“What is it?” Wonyoung asked.

“She’s right you know.”

Wonyoung immediately shakes her head after hearing the sad tone in Yujin’s voice. She doesn’t want Yujin to feel bad for their progress or more of the lack of it. Relationships are a two-way thing, if she wanted to do something she would have done it too. It’s not right for Yujin to take all the blame.

“No, it’s okay.”

Yujin obviously doesn’t agree with Wonyoung. She promised she’d be better to Wonyoung. She promised to herself that she’d treat her right. It’s been a year now and nothing has changed. 

“It’s not really. A year has gone and I still didn’t treat you right.”

“Yujin, you know that’s not true. We’re both busy. You treated me in the best way you can with what we have available.”

Yujin sighs and finally sits on top of a table. Wonyoung follows after her and leans against the table across Yujin. If a teacher sees them now, they’d be in big trouble.

“I’m a coward.”

Wonyoung meets Yujin straight in the eyes.

“If it makes you feel any better, I was a coward too. I couldn’t really approach you about it, about us.”

Yujin groans.

“I’m an . I should have been the first one to bring it up. I’m older, it only makes sense to be that way.”

 Wonyoung shakes her head and reaches out for Yujin’s hand. Having long limbs has its perks as it was easy for her to take Yujin’s hand. She gives a slight squeeze.

“Let’s just say we both have our faults.”

Yujin nods. 

Silence looms over them as Wonyoung patiently waits for Yujin to speak up again. She observes Yujin’s face and it just says doubt and fear. Wonyoung finally decides that it’s time to be brave for the both of them.

“Nako told me something.”

Yujin hums, waiting for Wonyoung to continue.

“If I want to have something, I have to do something to get it. That means if I want to have something with you I need to reach out to you and stop being a coward.”

Wonyoung pulls her hand from Yujin’s and  takes in a deep breath. Mentally preparing herself for what she’s about to say next and what Yujin’s response will be.

“We’ve never really talked about what we feel but that stops right now. I’m going to be brave and tell you how I feel.”

“Wonyoung…”

“Wait let me finish.”

Yujin nods her head so that Wonyoung can continue.

“You’ve been with me for a long time now. You have a really special place in my heart. Even when you left and we had little time to talk to each other, you still hold that certain place. That place in my heart where you make my blood rush with excitement and smile just because you laughed over something silly. I don’t know how but not being with you hurts a lot. I’m not totally sure if this is right but I don’t think I’m at the point where I just like you. As much as it scares me, the thought of finally being able to say it out loud makes my heart giddy with happiness. I love you, Yujin.”  

Yujin doesn’t really know what to say after that. She’s in awe of Wonyoung’s braveness. Finally after a year or two if beating around the bush. She clearly knows how Wonyoung feels.

“I don’t really know what to say…”

Wonyoung huffs.

“Well you can start by telling me how you feel too.”

Yujin stares at the ceiling with her hands clasped together. Wonyoung already told her how she feels there’s nothing left to be scared of.

“I love you too, Wonyoung. I couldn’t say that for a really long time because it scared me. You mean so much to me, more than anything in this world. The thought of losing you scares me a lot. I really thought that by keeping things to myself everything would remain as it is but that’s not what I want anymore. I’m ready to take the risks.”

Yujin finally leaves the table and moves closer to Wonyoung. She pulls Wonyoung’s hand and finally envelops her arms around the younger girl’s waist. Wonyoung leans closer and lets her head rest on Yujin’s shoulder. Yujin raises her right hand and places it over Wonyoung’s head and rubs it slowly. She drops it after a while and pulls herself away. Wonyoung looks at her, confused. Yujin cracks a small smile. She puts her hand over Wonyoung’s cheeks and leans in. 

Yujin leaves a gentle kiss on Wonyoung’s forehead. 

“Thank you for being so patient with me.”

The pair pulls away from each other when the door suddenly opens. Jiheon walks in, their friends are right behind her. Yujin sends her a glare and Wonyoung can only chuckle.

“Finally, I thought the two of you will never tell each other how you feel,” Jiheon says.

Chaewon comes closer to them and pats Yujin on the shoulder.

“I’m happy for you two. You deserve each other so much.”

The rest of them pools inside the classroom. They enveloped the pair in a group with Doah pushing everyone to join the hug. Jiheon’s squeal of refusal is silenced by Nako’s glare. Both Wonyoung and Yujin laughed at their friends. 

Wonyoung’s graduation day finally came. Yujin made sure to buy her lots of flowers. She patiently waits for Wonyoung outside the school building. Chaewon, her now best bud, accompanied her. The former student council president also wanted to congratulate both Nako and Hitomi for doing a good job at being s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter