Chapter 1: What is it Again?

Notice Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was another weekend for Wonyoung to spend listening to her annoying bestfriend rave about her new crush. Ahn Yujin, Wonyoung's annoying bully best friend, never settled long for her crush, it would usually change after two weeks or sometimes even days. It could be their handsome senior from the high school department across their school, cute English instructor, school princess, or smart-assed class president and she would gladly fall for them. Her fluidity when it comes to gender has been known to many especially since South Korea is starting to become more open with these type of changes so her crush can vary from boys to girls and none of the people around them minds. 

The routine of Wonyoung having to listen to Yujin rant about her new fantasies began since her bestfriend's first day of middle school. It got worse when Wonyoung graduated from grade school and now goes to the same school as Yujin's. Right from the time Yujin picks her up from her home up to the time the school gates close, Wonyoung listens to Yujin's "pathetic" reveries about her crushes. She has to patiently hear all of these or else the other girl would annoy her more during weekends, like what's currently happening.

"So I saw this girl from class 3-1 and damn she's pretty, how come I've never seen her?" Yujin spoke with her hearts popping out from her eyes. She's sitting comfortably on Wonyoung's bed while the younger girl finishes her homework in Hanja. 

"How would I know? I'm a year younger than you are. Also haven't you told this story yesterday already?" Wonyoung complained as she tries to perfect her already perfect hand-writing. "You were too busy on your phone when we were walking home yesterday so I thought you had to hear me again," Yujin replied innocenty. So innocently, sometimes you would think she can be an actual angel until spiteful words emerge from her rosy lips. 

"Well I already got your point so are you gonna shut up now?" 

This is how Wonyoung counters the pain she feels. She would sass her way out in these type of conversations so that Yujin keeps her lips shut. It usually works but today isn't like the usual and Yujin just won't stop being annoying. She still continues with whatever she has to say about this 3rd year middle schooler from the 1st section.

"I asked our good friend Chaewon who she might be! I found out her name is Minju," Yujin continues to blabber. "Her name is as pretty as she is," Yujin added with her index fingers connecting and her eyes looking above. Probably daydreaming about this Minju girl. 

"My name is as pretty as I am too," Wonyoung whispered under her breath. Her room is quite spacious and doesn't echo often

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter