Chapter 2: Oh Come On!

Notice Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was Monday morning again and like usual Wonyoung is waiting for Yujin. The older girl only lives a few blocks away from her house so it has been a habit for her to pick up Wonyoung on her way to school. Even back in grade school Yujin will never let Wonyoung walk alone if her parents couldn't pick her up. She would always get mad if she sees Wonyoung going home all by herself. 

Soon, a skipping middle school girl came up to her. It was Yuyin with a wide smile plastered on her face. The other girl looks so happy and it's weirding out Wonyoung. Yujin only smiles like that if something really good did happen. She's really curious so she decided to ask, much to her disappointment it's not something she actually wants to hear.

"Why are you smiling?" Wonyoung asks. She's following Yujin's slow pace as the older girl seems to be daydreaming. 

"Minju followed me back on twitter and I swear she even liked 3 of my latest tweets. This is fate Wonyoungie. Fate!" Yujin grins. Wonyoung wanted to slap that grin away. The older girl is too happy for something so simple like that and she loathes it. Wonyoung likes every tweet Yujin posts even if it's nonsense yet the other girl doesn't seem to care.

"You're so stupid to be this jolly for a very plain thing," she says instead and walks ahead of Yujin. Wonyoung is obviously pissed but the other girl is too busy musing, for her to notice it. This makes Wonyoung even more annoyed so she walked briskly, creating a big gap from her and Yujin. 

"Hey! Wait up!" The older girl calls for her once she realized what's happening but Wonyoung doesn't stop. She walks even faster until Yujin can no longer catch up. "Wonyoungie if you don't stop I'll shout your name right here!" Yujin threatens, she's quite tired from Wonyoung's quick-paced walking and she has to rest. She knows that Wonyoung doesn't like it when attention is given to her so the only way to halt her is this way.

Wonyoung stops walking and looks back at Yujin. "You already picked me up late and you are walking as slow as not even a turtle but an actual snail and now you're complaining that I'm trying to catch the bus?" Wonyoung says. Yujin sighs and runs so she could meet Wonyoung. 

"I always make sure to have an hour to spare so just chill and enjoy the scenery. Fall is almost over anyway and it's really nice to catch the view from time to time," Yujin says and slings her arm above Wonyoung's shoulder. The younger girl tensed up at the sudden action but then relaxes back when Yujin began walking again. 

"Am I being too noisy again for you?" Yujin asks. "I've been ranting a lot lately but don't worry I won't tell you much about Minju anymore. After all it's just a petty crush," Yujin says after they've finally reached the bus stop. Wonyoung smiles at this. 

-----

Yena and the other girls are waiting by the school gate when Yujin and Wonyoung arrived. Yujin goes to her year mates and Wonyoung does the same. It's one of the disadvantages of having Yujin older than her by just a year. Although Yujin makes sure she gets to catch up with Wonyoung by spending her lunch time with her and send her home after class. 

"I heard Yujin got a new crush," Yuri whispers to her as they head to their first class. Wonyoung shrugs and says, "She said a while ago that it's just a petty crush." Yuri nods her head to this, knowing all too well that what Wonyoung said might actually be real. Yujin forgets about her crushes as soon as she declared it to the whole word.

"How did you even know about it?" Wonyoung asks. As far as she knows Yujin only tells these kinds of things to her and no one else. Which can sometimes be a blessing or a burden. Especially if the topics are about her new crush and how perfect they look in her eyes. It makes Wonyoung feel insecure but she has to deal with it. 

"Yujin mentioned it to Yena a few days ago," Hitomi answers. Wonyoung looks quizically at Hitomi for this. Yujin actually did mention this to other people and probably even before she knew it. She starts to feel worried, maybe what Yujin said is a lie. Maybe this is not just a petty crush after all.

"Oh come on Wonyoungie, don't tell me you're starting to become worried that Yujin is actually serious with this Minju girl," Nako cuts off Wonyoung's tho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter