Chapter 15: Inexplicable Truth

Notice Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yujin waits for Minju to slide down the mountain of snow. She's been teaching the other girl how to snowboard for hours. She's quite a dare devil so she isn't scared at how extreme the activity is. Yujin smiles after Minju successfully slides down. 

"You did great!" Yujin compliments her. Minju smiles at her too, this time again she felt nothing. No butterflies are present in her stomach. No blush creeping up her face. No unstable beating of the heart. Everything is just platonic.

Minju may have realize Yujin's absent mind in the conversation so she snaps her fingers right in front of her face. It takes Yujin's attention quickly. She blinks a few times before taking the other girl's hand away with a playful smile.

"Do you want to go again?" Yujin asks her. She still has Minju's hand on top of hers. The older girl nodded her head delightedly and pulled Yujin yet again towards the ski lift. As they get on the ski lift, Yujin sees below them the sight of Doah and Wonyoung having a snowball fight against Nayoung and Chaewon. Minju notices how Yujin's brow turn into a crease. She pats Yujin's hand for her attention.

"Do you like her?" Minju asks. 

Yujin is taken aback by Minju's bluntness. The girl is always straight-forward when she has something in mind. It reminds her of Chaewon, and how mean she sounds sometimes. Wonyoung would be there to calm her mind though when she panics while thinking that Chaewon must hate her for saying things like that.

"W-what?" Yujin stutters. 

"Wonyoung. Do you like her?" Minju asks again. Eager to know about Yujin's true feelings. Yujin on the other hand isn't sure if she should say the truth or not. She has the deal with Minju and she just can't slap it on her face that she likes someone and it's Wonyoung.

"N-no."

There goes the lying again. This is where she's really good at, avoiding the situation ahead of her. Minju doesn't seem to believe Yujin. Truth to be told, even Yujin herself knows she is not believable.

"You do realize that you're not a good liar right?" Minju is looking ahead when she spoke. Yujin mimicked her, she can't look at Minju straight in the eye. She's been caught empty-handed. No arguments can come up to her mind to deny the truth one more time.

"When Kriesha left I was really broken. I found out that you like me and took this to my advantage. I asked you if you want to be my girlfriend to make her jealous and you agreed almost immediately. But as we play pretend, I can see in your eyes your sincerity to make me happy. You are so kind and light-hearted even with the front of you being the "bad kid". You were there while I was sick, when I'm lonely, and when I feel empty when it used to be Kriesha who stood by me during those times. It's been months now since she left. I realized that she's never coming back and I can say finally say that I'm okay now. My heart is mended. All thanks to you and I just want to say that maybe, it's time to make your own self happy." 

Yujin looks at Minju. Her brows are creased with confusion. What is Min

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter