Chapter 22: Leaving it Behind

Notice Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

From the window seat in her bedroom, Wonyoung stares at the blossoming flowers in her front yard. It felt like winter was just yesterday. Now the snow turned into blooming petals. She likes spring, she dare say it's the best season of all. Everything is beautiful and the weather is nice, not too hot nor too cold. Although as of now, spring means different to her. Spring meant the end of the school year. Spring meant graduation. Spring meant Yujin leaving.

 

She didn't notice she's been playing with the friendship bracelet they've shared since they were young. She took it off at the start of the school year but she kept it close. She made sure it's always near her in case there's a need to feel comforted without her actual best friend being there. She looks down at it, it has charms in it that Yujin specifically chose to represent herself. It has a puppy, trophy, and flower petals. She chose the puppy because it seems just like her, the trophy stood for her athleticism and the flowers to represent her charm and beauty. Wonyoung is used to Yujin being proud of herself but she knows she's proud because she worked hard for it. Once Yujin leaves, this will be the closest thing that will remind her of her best friend.

 

Tears began to fall and she couldn't stop it. A few weeks ago Yujin dropped the bomb about her leaving for Seoul right after graduation. She knows Yujin dreams highly. She just didn't expect she'd choose a school in Seoul. It will be far from the province they're staying at. Yujin is not hard to like so she knows that she'd gain friends as soon as school starts and she'll be forgotten. Yujin won't need her anymore.

 

Wonyoung sobs quietly, afraid that her mom would hear her cries. She's been moping around and avoiding people. She didn't want to talk to anyone. She knows this is her worst tantrum because even Nako and Hitomi's pleads can't keep her active anymore. She remains stagnant in her comfort zone. She doesn't want to go anywhere, much more spend time with anyone.

 

Yujin's been calling her but she's avoiding her. The complete opposite of what had happened before. Right now, Yujin's the one asking for her. Right now, she's the one who wants to be noticed. Wonyoung remembers a few months back when she wanted to be noticed by her best friend. To be appreciated by her. This year has been a long ride. She befriended a lot of people and had some fallouts too. There were a lot of arguments and secrets that needed to be discussed. But Wonyoung knows this argument is meant to last long. This argument has no end. It only has acceptance, and Wonyoung can't accept it. She can't accept the fact that her best friend and first love is about to leave her behind.

 

The sobs turn into wails and as much as she wanted to hide her pain, her mom had came into her room already. Mrs. Jang cradled her daughter onto her arms. Wonyoung is crying so badly that her whole body is shaking violently. Her voice is hoarse as she speaks.

 

"She's leaving mom. She's leaving. Yujin's leaving."

 

Mrs. Jang hugged her even tighter. "I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter