Chapter 5: Our Time

Notice Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks is playing on the TV at Yujin's bedroom, two half-eaten pizza boxes are piled right beside Wonyoung, and the two bestfriends are cuddling on Yujin's bed. It is the perfect Friday night they had together in weeks. It is spent without Yujin trying to rant about her crushes, discussing family and/or friend issues, or cramming projects to be submitted on Monday. It was just them.

Wonyoung began tearing up as the credits rolled up. As usual Yujin is laughing her of because of this. In return Wonyoung threw a used tissue paper at her face. The older girl skillfully dodged it while still laughing. Wonyoung glared at Yujin when she's still laughing even though Wonyoung already ran out of tears and the TV is just its plain black screen. 

"You're such a bully!" Wonyoung huffs.

"At least you love me. Also it's funny because we already watched this a hundred times and yet you still cry about it?" Yujin reasons out. 

"You're heartless for saying that!" Wonyoung whines. She has her arms crossed over her chest. Yujin pulls Wonyoung closer for a tighter hug. The younger girl refuses and tries to push Yujin's arms away but she couldn't. 

"Hey, I ain't heartless. It's just cute y'know. I also really like how you get so worked up when I tease you about little things. The way your brows crease, your nose wrinkles, and your lips pout is so adorable," Yujin says sweetly. Wonyoung felt shy about what Yujin admitted so she buried her face in the crook of Yujin's neck. 

"Can we stay like this for a little bit more?" Wonyoung asks out of the blue. Yujin is confused but she uttered the sweetest reply Wonyoung could think of. It made the younger girl the happiest person in the world.

"We can stay like this all night long Wonyoungie," Yujin assures her. The teasing tone in her voice earlier is gone and it was just pure affection. She hugs Wonyoung tighter, completely closing the gap between their bodies. Wonyoung inhales Yujin's scent, she smelled like sweet fresh strawberries and its her favorite.

Sleep was knocking on the door for the both of them but it was cut off when Yujin's phone rang. Wonyoung didn't want to let go of her bestfriend but she had to and she did. She didn't bother asking who it was and instead face the other direction. She doesn't want Yujin to see how disappointed she looks right now. 

"Hey Wonyoungie, I'll just go outside for a bit. I will be back soon," Yujin says. Wonyoung didn't respond and kept mum. She heard Yujin sigh before the call was answered. As Yujin gets out of the room she hears the most painful thing. 

"Hey Minju."

 _____

Wonyoung wakes up earlier than Yujin did. She and Minju talked for at least two hours before she returned back to the room. Wonyoung was even half-asleep already when she heard Yujin mumble a sorry for being gone for too long. She then gets up and turns off the TV that they completely ignored right after watching The Notebook. She looked around the room and saw the mess they did last night. She picked up the half-eaten pizza boxes and empty bottles of cola, and decides to put it downstairs. 

She was welcomed by the food Mrs. Ahn is cooking. "Oh Youngie, you're awake already!" Mrs. Ahn greeted her. Wonyoung feels at home already inside the Ahn household so she feels at ease with Yujin's parents. 

"Yes, Auntie. Yujin is still asleep though, she stayed up late while talking to her crush," Wonyoung tells Yujin's mom. She then took the initiative to help Mrs. Ahn with cooking by cutting the onions. 

"That brat really needs to have manners. She invites people over and doesn't entertain them," Mrs. Ahn says. 

Wonyoung chuckles. "Oh it's okay Auntie, I wasn't bothered by it. We were going to sleep anyway when her crush called," Wonyoung reassures her. 

"You know, I've been hearing a lot about Yujin's crushes and I think they are all

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter