Chapter 6: Unknown Feeling

Notice Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Weekend passed by quickly. Wonyoung never bothered messaging Yujin throughout its entirety even though she swore she would. Then Monday morning came, Wonyoung was expecting to see Yujin by her doorstep but it never happened. Although she did receive a message from her telling her that she can't pick her up today. With a sigh, she put her phone back in her pocket and began walking.

She was looking down at her feet, observing the way her foot moves with each step she take. She was still upset about what happened the other day but she can't do anything about it anymore. She has to accept the facts that's been given to her and just wait for their time to happen. As she was about to cross the street, someone shouted her name. Wonyoung looked back as a response. It was Kim Doah, also in her school uniform. 

"Hey Wonyoung," she greeted the younger with swag. She draped her arms over Wonyoung after she managed to catch up with her. Wonyoung felt unease with Doah's gesture, this is supposed to be hers and Yujin's thing. She didn't want to offend the senior girl though so she kept quiet instead. 

"Hello sunbae-nim," Wonyoung politely greeted back.

"I didn't know you also live near. I never saw you take the bus here," Doah says while they cross the streets. November is coming to an end and the unforgiving wind of winter air is slamming to Wonyoung's skin. She's thankful that Doah could keep her warm even though Yujin was the one supposed to do this. 

"Yujin and I take the first bus all the time so we leave early but she couldn't pick me up today," Wonyoung replies. 

"Is that so?" Doah says. Wonyoung nods her head lightly. She frowned right after realizing that Yujin never forgets about picking her up especially because she knows that Wonyoung hates going to school alone. 

"Hey are you okay?" Doah asks after seeing Wonyoung frown. The younger girl nodded her head again. "Well, let's go now. The bus is here," Doah calls for Wonyoung to stand up. She looks up and saw that the bus is indeed here. 

They reached the school silently. Wonyoung notices how often Doah would look at her from the window's reflection. Wonyoung didn't bother meeting the older one's gaze though and put all her attention into the view outside instead. Yena was by the gate when they got down from the bus.

"Oh hey, Yena!" Doah greets Yena. The other girl didn't reply immediately as she's heavily staring at the arm draped over Wonyoung's shoulder. "Hey Doah," Yena greets back and she's smiling now.

"Where's Yujin?" Wonyoung asks immediately. If Wonyoung doesn't know where she is then Yena is the only one who would. Yena rubs her nape and she avoids Wonyoung's gaze. "Yena, where is she?" she asks again and this time with more power in her tone. 

"She's with Minju. She's been with Minju since last night and I don't think they would be going to school today either. Minju is sick so she offered to take care of her since Minju's parents are out of town," Yena answered honestly.

"Does Auntie know about this?" 

"Yeah she does, Yujin was quite persistent since Saturday night but Auntie only let her yesterday," Yena replies. 

Wonyoung let out a sigh before finally nodding her head. Realizing that she shouldn't put her disappointment on Yena. She looked back at Doah is s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter