Chapter 23: Endeavor

Notice Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Three years worth of laughter, pain, and tears is about to end through a two-hour ceremony. All the seniors from class 2018 are gathered in their rooms. Wearing their uniforms for the final time, they spoke with giddiness and excitement. It's not yet the time for farewell and tears, it's time for congratulatory.

 

Chaewon's class is busy as expected with a lot of students coming in and out to take pictures with their muse, Minju. A lot of people presented gifts, chocolates, and even flowers. She accepted it all with a shy but warm smile. As for Chaewon, she sat on her desk not bothering to entertain the seniors and some other lower classmen who are asking for pictures. 

 

Her attention was taken when one particular Japanese student from Class 2-1 entered the room and headed straight towards her desk. She's carrying a heart-shaped box wrapped using a pink ribbon. It's cute but it's overly cute for Chaewon. She likes this lower classman though so she gave her full attention to her. 

 

"Hii-chan, is this a confession?" Chaewon bluntly teased. When Hitomi didn't answer and blushed instead. That's when Chaewon realized that she's indeed being confessed to. Blood came rushing up to her cheeks and soon she had the same red look as Hitomi's. 

 

"President-nim, please accept my present. I know I should have confessed earlier but I was too scared. I still didn't want to waste time though so here I am. I made the treats myself by the way."

 

Chaewon awkwardly took the box and placed it on the table to pat Hitomi's head. "Hii-chan~ I appreciate this a lot. Thank you for giving me a wonderful present. Stay cute okay?" She said which made Hitomi smile even more.

 

"I hope to see you again president-nim." Hitomi bowed to Chaewon before taking her leave. Chaewon stares at her retreating figure until she's nowhere to be seen. Suddenly, her view has been disrupted by a student. She had this jealous pout.

 

"How come you have an admirer?"

 

"Well, maybe you're not the only one who's charming enough in this school," Chaewon teases.

 

"Hey, I charmed them all so I can have you all to myself," Minju pouts. 

 

Chaewon ignores it and raises a suggestion instead. "If that's the case, then you should come here 'cause I also want my picture."

 

___



 

Kim Doah stood tall as the class president. By her side is Yujin, the former president who dropped out from her position due to personal reasons. Standing closely is her best friend, Nayoung. The three of them are one of the friendliest students at school so a lot of students are taking pictures with them. They all smiled widely and by the end of it, the three of them are bound to have swollen cheeks the next day. 

 

Doah teased Yujin as the latter massages her cheeks after taking pictures. Nayoung beamed at her too. Yena is pouting because only a few of her classmates asked to take pictures with her. 

 

"Why is it that I'm friends with you but got no fans?" Yena pouts. Yujin pinches her cheeks in a playful manner. "Maybe you're not as cute as me," she teases. Yena rips Yujin's arms away from her cheeks and pouts even more. Their banter is cut off when Yiren showed up.

 

"Hey, wanna take a picture with me?"

 

Yena's eyes got wide and agape. She is beyond surprised. This girl in front of her who barely had sympathy for her asked to take pictures together. Soon, she hears Doah whistle and Yujin whopping.

 

"Go get her, Duckie!" Doah cheers.

 

Yiren didn't faze and instead waited for Yena to agree. Of course, she agreed and pulled Yiren into the corner for their picture to be taken. When the two disappeared so did Nayoung. She volunteered to take pictures of them.

 

"So, I'm guessing you and Wonyoung didn't go well?" Doah started off.

 

"How can you tell?"

 

"First off, you're here with us taking pictures. Instead of hanging out in her classroom and looking at each other with googly eyes. Second, you've been smiling but you're not being the ball of joy. Third, you've been looking around trying to spot her." 

 

Yujin cuts her off before she can even add more to it. She sighs and says, "I know I'm being a loser but what can I do?” 

 

Doah pats Yujin’s shoulder.

 

“All is going to well be kid, who knows she might pop up any minute now,” Doah says. Yujin shakes her head while pouting. “She’s been ditching school, I doubt she’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter