Chapter 8: Grudging Heart

Notice Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wonyoung has been dismissing the words that Yujin mentioned to her back in the park for days now. She tries her best to remove all the bitter emotions stuck in her heart but she fails all the time. It feels unfair to her that Yujin can live freely as if nothing happened at the park while she remained static and hopeless about her feelings. 

It was their last subject for the day when their Science teacher called for her. She is puzzled in why her teacher would call her but she followed without a doubt, skipping her least favorite subject which is Math. She strolled down the halls when she heard footsteps following after her. She looked back and saw a girl, if she ain't wrong the girl shares the same class as Minju's.

"Hello!" She greets Wonyoung. Her eyes turned into crescents as her lips formed a smile. Wonyoung thinks she's really cute as she does this. "Oh hi sunbae-nim," Wonyoung greets back bashfully. She even bowed but the other girl was quick to tell her not to.

"Don't do that, it looks awkward. The name is Baek Jiheon by the way just drop the formalities and call me by my first name if you feel comfortable with it," Jiheon says cooly. Wonyoung really likes how Jiheon seems very easy-going.

"Where are you headed by the way?" Jiheon asks her as they continue walking together. "Ms. Kim called me," Wonyoung answers as she tries not to stare at Jiheon for too long. The girl is quite eye-cathcing especially with how her eyes turn into crescent moons with every smile she does. "Is she your Science teacher too?" Jiheon asks again. They turned a corner, nearing the faculty room. 

"Yep, she's really cool and doesn't call for students spontaneously like this so I'm very curious in why she called for me," Wonyoung replies. She stares down at her feet for the rest of their walk until they reached the faculty room. Only Ms. Kim, Ms. Hwang, Ms. Kwon, and Ms. Jung were there and the three were discussing something about a quiz bee while Ms. Kwon was just there drinking some diet tea.

"Hello Ms. Kim," Jiheon greeted first as Wonyoung is too shy to take the initiative. The three teachers look up as well as their swimming instructor, Ms. Kwon. Ms. Kim motioned them to come closer, Wonyoung and Jiheon looked at each other first trying to decipher which one from them will take the first step. Like earlier, Jiheon took the first step too dragging Wonyoung by her wrist.

"Hi Jiheon and Wonyoung," Ms. Kim warmly greeted them. She looked at Ms. Hwang and Ms. Jung as if telling them that they should go now. "Come here I'll show you something." Ms. Kim then led her to her desk. Her desk is very organized and only some picture frames were on it, indicating whose table it is. Mostly the pictures of their Science teacher and Ms. Hwang are on it, some of it with Ms. Jung and Ms. Kwon. 

Ms. Kim sat on her seat and grabbed two folders. She gave it to Wonyoung and Jiheon after checking its content. The two students reluctantly took it, upon receiving it Ms. Kim told them to open it. Wonyoung is hesitant but when Jiheon opened hers, she opened the folder she's holding too. It's a sign up form for a science quiz bee competition. Its scope involves all the schools in their city.

"What is this for Ms. Kim?" Wonyoung spoke her first words after entering the facility. Ms. Kim chuckled as if Wonyoung is asking the most obvious thing, which in her perspective is something true. "If you don't get it then let me explain

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter