Chapter 11: D-day

Notice Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wonyoung and Jiheon boarded the vehicle provided by the school administration with racing hearts, cold sweats, and shivering hands. It's the D-day for the science quiz bee they've been preparing for the last few weeks. With them are Kim Chaewon the student council president, Ahn Yujin the official school photographer, and Kim Minju the chief editor of the journaling club. Of course their science teacher, Ms. Kim, accompanied them.

Jiheon and Wonyoung are sitting together in the middle area of the car, while the other three are already settled at the back. When Jiheon notices that Wonyoung's hands are shaking in a very extreme manner, she put hers above it to make the shaking stop. She looks at Wonyoung and says, "I know you're nervous, I am too, but you gotta chill."

"What if we lose?" Wonyoung mutters.

"Other than disgracing the school's name, none," Yujin teases. She takes a photo of Wonyoung, when the latter looked back to send her a glare. Yujin chuckles after reviewing the photo. Wonyoung swears she'll shove the older girl's camera down once they get down of the car.

"Yah! Ahn Yujin, you are not helping!" Jiheon glares at her too. A new sight for Yujin since she hasn't seen the sweet girl ever retaliate at her despite how annoying she can be sometimes. "Why don't you just entertain your girlfriend and stop messing with us? Plus if it wasn't for Wonyoung's pleads you wouldn't be able to be excused from your classes and come with us," Jiheon says to Yujin. The grin on her face disappeared and was replaced with a frown.

Yujin leaned back on the seat of the car with a huff. She begins fiddling with her camera while Minju gets busy on her notes, not minding what Jiheon just said. Chaewon who just finished messaging their principal about their whereabouts joined in into the conversation. "Ignore her Wonyoungie, the school would accept whatever result comes up. All you have to do is do your best and the school will be proud," Chaewon smiles at her.

"That is right Chaewon-ssi!" Ms. Kim agreed.

"See, everything would be alright," Jiheon assured Wonyoung. "Just relax and remember all that we studied together," Jiheon adds before leaning back on her seat. Wonyoung tries to follow Jiheon's advice and leans back too. She was about to drift off to sleep when someone poked her on the shoulder/

"Listen to this, it will help you calm down," Yujin smiles as she hand Wonyoung her iPod. Wonyoung stares at it, reluctant to take it. "Oh come on, you listen to these songs before you take an exam or something!" Yujin says as she sees the doubts in Wonyoung's eyes. With this, Wonyoung accepts it. "Oh and before I forget, Nako-chan gave this to me. She said that someone may have left it in your locker but fell out or something." Yujin hands her the letter which Wonyoung reluctantly takes. Yujin smiles at her then settles herself again. She leaned her head on Minju's shoulder, Wonyoung ignores this sight and instead studied the pink envelope, she's assuming it to be a letter. She is curious about it so she opened it, and she is right about it being a letter.

Dear Wonyoung-ssi,

Goodluck! Remember that I'll be rooting for you.

Know that I will always be there to support you,

no matter what the result might be.  I'll be cheering

loudly for you in my heart since I don't  think

I can come see you. Anyway a quick random tip,

Argon was discovered by Sir William Ramsay and Lord Rayleigh

in the year 1994. I don't know why I'm saying this but I'm

currently reading a chemistry book and saw it.

-Tall Kid  

Ms. Kim announced their arrival thirty minutes later. Wonyoung's heart beat regained its normal speed but she can feel it rising again. Jiheon holds her hand again noticing the changes in Wonyoung. "We'll be fine," she tells as she pulls Wonyoung to follow the event organizer. Ms. Kim stayed back to give instructions to the other three.

"Chaewon-ssi, you may find a seat with Minju-ssi. As for you, Yujin-ssi, come with me so you can take good pictures," Ms. Kim instructs the three students. Chaewon gestures Minju to follow her while Yujin reluctantly followed after Ms. Kim. 

Yujin sees the participants being

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter