Chapter 7: Nostalgic Memories

Notice Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Minju and I are not dating."

Those words lit the fire back in Wonyoung's heart. The thought of Yujin's status remaining single made her lips stretch to a smile. She is glad yet there is this nagging feeling in her mind that everything is not yet okay. They might not be dating now but what about the next couple of days? Wonyoung knows how Yujin can be very attached to a person who she gets to be with all the time. That is exactly what's happening right now, Yujin is spending so much time with Minju and it doesn't seem to be stopping anytime soon. With this realization Wonyoung's smile faded and is replaced with a frown.

"Why do you look so upset?" Yujin said those words with confusion and worry if Wonyoung's understanding is right. She fakes a smile knowing all too well that her secret will be spilled out if she continues acting like this and Yujin would feel the need to force it out of her. "It's nothing," Wonyoung dismissed. 

"Hey, since you're almost done with your drink. Do you want to go now?" Wonyoung changes the topic swiftly. Yujin looked at her quizically for a moment before taking the initiative to stand up. Wonyoung mirrored Yujin's actions and rose from her seat too. She waited for Yujin to finish gathering her valuables. 

"Let's go?" Yujin asked once she's all done. She offered her hand out for Wonyoung to take, the latter thought about it but then followed what her heart wanted her to do. She took the older girl's hand with a smile and Yujin intertwined their fingers together. The two got out of the coffee shop with a smile on their faces.

_____

It was another day for Wonyoung. She waits patiently by their doorstep for Yujin to pick her up. This time it ain't for school but for their hangout with the other girls after a long time. It was a little bit over ten in the morning when she heard the older girl's jolly humming. Yujin appeared in front of her soon after with a big grin. 

"What's gotten into you?" Wonyoung asked to her. Yujin looked at her for a bit. "Didn't you watch the news? They say the first snow might happen tonight!" Yujin tells her. Wonyoung simply shrugged and began walking.

"What's with first snows anyway?" Wonyoung says nonchalantly. Yujin stops walking and exagerately gasps. "Hey how could you ever forget that we first met during the first snow?" Yujin whines. Wonyoung shook her head and dragged Yujin back into walking, afraid that they'd be late. 

"I didn't forget about it. What I mean is that the date for the first fall of snow doesn't really stay the same each year so why bother being excited about it? Shouldn't you be excited about the fact that we met on November 28th of  year 2010?" Wonyoung explains herself. 

"Wow, I'm surprised you got the dates correct. But still it's more memorable to say that we met during the first snowfall back in 2nd grade," Yujin tells her. Wonyoung shrugs yet again. "I still like saying we met on November 28. I can never forget how you fell on the skating rink, first," Wonyoung teases her.

"Yah don't ever remind me of that again. Also, it's not like you weren't doing something embarassing back then. You were crying so hard, whining about how your parents left you alone. When in fact they were only a few meters away!" Yujin says. She fold her arms and huffs. Wonyoung chuckled at Yujin's childish antics. 

"Yeah, then I remembered helping you t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter