Chapter 24: Stress and Concerns

Notice Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wonyoung stares at the paper in front of her. She's taking up her final examination. Just a few more days before graduation and she can't wait to be in high school. A year had passed by quickly. A lot happened for her and the people around her. There are some who made up and some who ended things. There are some who thrives in success and some who decided to take a break. There are some who stayed and some who left.

Nayoung and Doah finally came to a realization that they're meant to be more than friends. Doah asked Nayoung to be her girlfriend just a few months after high school started. As for Minju and Chaewon, they ended things between them. It's Chaewon's decision to take a break. She said it's something about not being completely honest with each other. Minju felt really bad about it and she transferred schools a few weeks after the first semester. Nako on the other hand became the president of the student council with Hitomi as her vice. Wonyoung denied participating in any of the clubs although she joined in some quiz bees.

There are up and downs in Wonyoung's life but to her it's perfect. Although she misses Yujin a lot. Just like she expected their communication lessened. Both of them became busy with their own lives. Caught up in drama between their friends. School works didn't help either. Wonyoung had loads of them just like how Yujin is busy with her practices. Their usual two hour phone calls turned into a three-word messages, some are even unreturned.

"Last 5 minutes," their teacher announced.

Wonyoung takes one last glance at her paper before submitting it. She packed her things and left the room quietly. Nako is already waiting for her outside. Hitomi stands beside her with a banana milk on hand. The two looked happy and giddy. Wonyoung couldn't help but smile too.

"Doah sunbae-nim said she'd be visiting this weekend," Nako mumbled.

"That's nice. I haven't talked to her in a while," Wonyoung replied.

"Do you think Yujin-ssi would come too?" Hitomi asks.

Wonyoung halts for a split second but continues walking as if everything's okay.

"She hasn't been home since winter break and she even only stayed here for 3 days before going back," Hitomi adds.

That's right. Yujin had promised to visit often but Wonyoung could only count on her right hand the times she did visit. Four times to be exact. One during the summer, twice this fall, and their usual family gathering for the winter.  

"Yujin hasn't said anything so I doubt it," Wonyoung answers her with a soft tone.

Wonyoung hopes she's wrong but for the four times Yujin came she made sure to inform her beforehand. She hasn't heard from her for two weeks now. Nako noticed the sudden change of mood so she invited them for ice cream. She wanted to refuse but Hitomi was quick to say yes.

Nako slid through the door of the ice cream shop with eagerness to get a cup of her favorite mint chocolate. Wonyoung took the same order as hers while Hitomi settled for a strawberry vanila. They sat on the seat farthest from the entrance, they know too well they'd be staying in the shop for a while so might as well ease up.

"Have you heard anything from Chaewon unnie?" Wonyoung asks Hitomi.

Since Hitomi's confession, Chaewon grew fond of her and they got real close. Although Chaewon and Hitomi remained as friends and treats each other as sisters. Not only that but Hitomi also got close with Minju until the break up happened. 

"She's doing fine, a lot of guys and girls are lining up for her but she still hasn't moved on," Hitomi shares.

"I still don't get the reason of their break up, they were doing so well," Nako chimes in.

"Isn't it because of Kriesha sunbae-nim?" Wonyoung says.

Hitomi shakes her head. She knows too well that's not the reason. It's something more personal. 

"Minju unnie stayed loyal to Chaewon unnie. It's a matter of personal differences," Hitomi quickly ends the discussion.

"I just hope they get back together. They're so perfect," Nako adds.

Wonyoung nods her head. She's halfway through her cup when Nako asks her something unusual.

"Do you still love Yujin?" 

 Her cheeks turned crimson. She put the cup on the table to wipe . She stops and thinks for a while before answering.

"I guess it never faded?" 

"Even if she's not here physically?"

"To be honest, now that I don't get to see her I was able to assess better about what I feel. Just like my answer the first time, it didn't fade. It hurts more that I can't see her as often as I want but it made me love her more."

"Okay that turned too cheesy," Nako shivers.

Wonyoung hit her on the arm and Hitomi laughs because of it. The three continued to banter around until there's no more ice cream on their cups. They left the shop with satisfied smiles.

"I'll bring Hitomi home, see you tomorrow Wonyoungie," Nako bid goodbye.

Hitomi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter